Sooji's little secret

The Coincidental You..

“Don’t you think we should go visit omma?”

Sooji immediately put her fork down and leave Jonghun on the table alone.

“Sooji-ah...”                                  

Sooji turn as she heard Jonghun call her name.

“I thought we had a promise that we’re not going to talk about this, right?! I don’t want to talk to you anymore, appa! Just go spend your days with whatever that seems important to you because you are clearly unaware of my feelings!”

“I was just...”

“Stop it, ok?! I just lose my appetite now. You can go back to your lovely office. I don’t even care about it anymore!”

“Sooji-ah... I was just thinking that it has been a while since we’ve spend a day there. So...”

“So what?? Appa... Just stop it, ok? If Kira unnie come later, could you please tell her that I’m in my room? I don’t even have the urge to go outside anymore.”

***

“Aigoo.. What happen to your face?”

“What do you mean?”

Kira quickly touch her face to check if there is something on it.

“What is it? Why can’t I find anything??”

“Put that mirror away. I was talking about your balloon-like-size-creepy-face and your-non-stopping-sighing since you enter this car. Let me make a guess. These sure have something to do with that ‘girl’ that caught your attention lately, right?”

“Erghh... Why wouldn’t she? Look. I am so not a fan of Kdrama where the main have this complicated relationship with her boss and tell him everything about her life because I, myself think that was such a stupid act to do to be frank. However, I don’t think I have anyone else to tell regarding this and since you took Hyun Jin away from me as well, so you’re all that left.”

“Hyun Jin? You’re still talking about him, huh? Yah. Just straight to the point could you? I might lose my focus of the traffic if you keep this.”

“It was actually going to be a simple, great and the most successful plan of the century. Well, since I do realise that it wasn’t that easy to defeat or get rid of the girl, so I thought I could try to make everything better. So, I’ve come with a new strategy. If it was that hard to be as good as her, then perhaps I could be a just bit lower than her. A runner up probably.”

“I have to admit. That was a great plan to start with. What’s the problem then?”

“It’s good, right? And, it's wonderful until that girl eventually ruin everything.”

“What did she do this time?”

“Nothing. And, that’s the problem! She did absolutely nothing and I look like a stupid, idiotic person that keep screaming to her face like some kind of mental institution’s person in front of everybody. I don’t know. It just... Whenever I see that innocent-pretending-to-be-like-expression, I just want to smash that face. I can’t keep my anger with her, you see? It was like I was unaware of my surrounding and I lost everthing on that particular moment. I wasn’t that cool, chic Han Kira. I wasn’t me anymore...”

Kira’s sigh unintentionally cause Joongki to giggle.

“Yah! What’s with the laugh, Song Joongki??”

“I’m sorry. But, I was imagining you and your ill-tempered attitude. I’m pretty sure there are a lot of screaming and shouting involve, right? I’m sorry that I wasn’t there. It could have been fun!!!”

“What?? Erghhhh... Never mind. Just keep your eyes on the road, Joongki. I shouldn’t have told you about this after all. You and that girl should have been a perfect partner. Just upon seeing both of your face will make me burn inside. Yeah. Joong-Jerk and Nam-Gyu.” (Nam in here is actually referring to Nom which is mean bad person in Korean. I was using it as Gyuri’s surname was Nam)

“Another great nickname you have there. However, do bear in your mind that you can’t call me like that in front of Jonghun. Cholte (Never). Arasso? Who knows you might lose your chance with him.”

“W-what?”

“Do not act dumb. I know you have things for him, right? I wish you all of luck.”

“Erghhh... Whatever.”

Joongki curve a smile as he saw Kira turn her head from him and keep mumbling something. ‘She is for sure looks cute with that princess-like attitude. Ah... This makes me remember about what happen just now.’

Flashback

Joongki was travelling around Kira’s college when he noticed a guy was walking with a worried face.

“Excuse me... You’re a student here, right?”

“Nae... Can I help you with anything?”

“I think you could. I’m searching for a toilet. Mind showing me the way?”

“Ah...Sure I can. Come, I’ll show you.”

“This is sure a big college after all, huh? I almost lost in my way here.”

“Haha... You do? Well, that’s sure one hilarious fact.”

“Yeah... I’m not so good at direction to be precise. I’ve ask a few student before I saw you here. I’m sorry if I steal your time.”

“It’s ok. I have a class to attend actually. But, I don’t have the feeling to sit there and forcing my ear anymore. That’s why I make a decision to wander around here. Besides, my one and only best friend is out of sight too. So, as you can see, I don’t even know what to do or what should I do.”

“Ah... Quite a story you had there. I guess you guys didn’t take the same course, huh? You and your best friend.”

“We did actually .Something happen just now and she need her own space I think.”

“Girls... Always with their ‘I need time’ excuse, right?”

“Haha... Kind of I guess. Well, Ki Woong here. What’s yours?”

“Me? I’m Joongki. What did you say your name again?”

“Ki Woong. Park Ki Woong. Anyway, toilet is just a few walk ahead. You don’t mind if I leave you here, right?”

“Oh. No. Not at all. Thank you, Park Ki Woong-shi.”

End of Flashback

‘I’m pretty sure that Park Ki Woong guy was the same guy in Kira’s story. If he was, then... Well, what could I say? Quite a catch you do have, Kira. No wonder you’re this reluctant to let that guy go even though he was supposed to be your childhood friend only.’

***

Ki Woong immediately walk pass through Hyo Rin that keep chasing over Hyun Jin. She keeps calling Hyun Jin over with a few nicknames that seem too much for Ki Woong’s hearing system. That’s when he saw a girl with a red helmet was standing in front of the cafeteria's parking lot.

“Are you waiting for somebody?”

“Nae. My tutor.”

Ki Woong blinks a few times while processing the word. He takes a few deep breath and face Gyuri again.

“You’re kidding me, right? What a determination we have here, huh? You know that you are supposed to tramp on me or something, right? After what have happen, are you still going to be like this?”

“Be like what? I’m so not going to act silly over a childish girl fight. I’m a professional, you see?”

“Wah... I can see that well. Well, I’m glad that at least one side is done. I was actually thinking of a way to-”

“Yah. I’m being here right now and at this particular moment, wasn’t to amuse you or something. And, I still can’t forgive you and that kijibe (call for a girl in a bad way) for sure. I am here for my learning session. So, I wouldn’t move even a step until I get that. Araso?? (Understand)”

“Nae, araso... Let’s go.”

“Where are we going?”

“Well, you wanted to get your tutoring so bad, right? Let’s go then. We don’t want to be late, right?”

“Keep making me mad is for sure not going to help you to make everything better, Ki Woong.”

“Well, at least I could entertain myself. This looks fun, right? With your exaggerate expression to add.”

“Whatever. Come. I don’t want to be late and spend the rest of the evening with your sarcasm.”

***

“Here we are. You should go now.”

“You’re not coming in?”

“There’s something that I should finish up at my office. See you later. Ah. Could you please tell Jonghun that I’m outside?”

“He’s here? Seriously??”

“Yah, yah! Don’t you ever do anything to him, ok? He’s not one of your submissive targets.”

“Yah! You’re talking like I some kind of vampire, you see?? Erghhh....”

***

Kira was stomping her foot when she saw Jonghun was recklessly walking back and forth in front of the dining table. She was going to avoid the guy when she instantly remembers Joongki’s word.

“Sir... Are you ok?”

“Oh... Kira-shi, right? Yes, I’m fine. Sooji is in her room so you better go there.”

“Oh. Thank you. Well, Joo... I mean, Mr Song wants me to tell you that he’s in front now.”

“Ah... Yeah. I probably should go now. It has been past the lunch hour. Anyway, have a great day, Miss Han.”

Kira keep looking at Jonghun until he was out of her sight. ‘This is sure has something to do with that girl. Well, I think I should go before that agashi come screaming at me later.’ (agashi=miss)

“I saw your appa on my way here...”

“Ok.”

“Ok? Wait. What’s up with the voice? Are you... You’re crying?”

“I am not!”

“You definitely are!”

“Am not! Am not! Am not! AM NOT!”

“Ok. Ok... You’re not. I completely understand it.”

“Great. So, what did he say?”

“Your dad? Well.. Sooji’s in her room. That’s what he said.”

“Did he mention anything else?”

“No as far as I remember.”

“Magnificent. He was probably walking back and forth like a person who lost direction, huh?”

“Wow! How did you know that??!”

“He is? Aigoo... I don’t think that guy ever grow up.”

“Here comes the big-girl talk again. Do you actually think that you’ve matured enough to talk things like that to someone who is superior to you? Don’t you ever learn of a word RESPECT?”

“Unnie. I'm sorry if my brain was operating in an advance way than other kids at my age. However, I believed that this is what people called as a gift. Haven’t heard about it?”

“You’re mocking me, right? You’re seriously mocking me right now, don’t you?”

“Good to know that you did acknowledge it.”

“You can not do this to me. You’re just 5!”

“Are you blaming me for that?”

“Why did I even start this fight with you?!”

“You tell me!”

***

Ki Woong was monitoring Gyuri as she jot down a few Japanese words from his notebook. 

"Are you done?"

"Well, if I have some split lightning super power then perhaps you don't have to ask the same thing for each minute that I spend writing down this basic thing, right? The answer is no. I'm not done yet."

"Can you please stop using sarcasm word to answer my simple question?"

"A quick question. When are you going to give me the real lesson? I'm tired of these thing that I could learn from some Japanese blog. Not to add your favourite and lovable; the great Han Kira. "

"Gyuri-ah... Why do you have to include Kira in every of our conversation? This is sure a bothersome."

"Bothersome. Wow... That's one great usage of word, you have there. Mind teaching me, *sam? (teacher)"

"Erghh.. You're not concentrating at all!"

"Keep the voice down. I don't want ahjummanim to hear you soon."

"Omma's back?"

"Oh, she's back. Just when you're so busy making a sketch regarding 'How to Impress Kira', that's when she's here with a delightful smile, calling for her beloved son."

"Aishh.. You should've tell me! Anyway, it was 'How to Ask Apologies from Kira', ok?"

"Yeah... Whatever. Besides, your omma is the one who told me not to bother you. I think she was assumming you're busy with your assignments."

"I want to meet omma for a second. This is a warning. Just stay here and do not cause any trouble, ok?"

"Don't worry. As long as that spoiled brat didn't appear in front of me, I promise that nothing would happen."

"Yah, yah... Kumanhe (Stop it)"

Ki Woong immediately walk to his mom's room. He could feel that Gyuri was giving him a freaky stare from his back. As he opens the door, his mom who was laying down, turns to him with a smile.

"What are you doing?"

"Coming to see my beautiful omma"

Ki Woong walk slowly, approaching his omma.

"Aigoo... You know that these sweet-talk should be gone by now, right? Who are you going to blame if someone said that you're trying to seduce other when you're already have that beautiful ahgassi (miss)?"

"You look tired, omma. Everything is fine today, right?"

Mrs Park brush her precious son hair while smiling. She completely knows that Ki Woong was trying to change the subject. Actually, it has been a while since she noticed that he always do that when it comes to Gyuri. She wouldn't know the reason for sure but she prefers Ki Woong to come clean by himself.

"Well, nothing unsual I guess. Everything is the same. Perhaps age factor was the reason, right?"

"What are you talking about, omma? How come you blamed the age factor when you're this young? Look at this fair, youthful skin. Everybody will think that you're still in your 20s."

"Ki Woong-ah...  Stop it now would you? I think I'm blushing now."

"Of course you are. Our omma looks like tomato now! Hehe"

"Oh, Ki Woong-ah. How come I hardly see Kira at our house now? Did something happen? I mean, is she busy or something?"

Ki Woong smile immediately fade away as he hears the name.

"Frankly speaking, she's working now. She decided to do part time recently."

"Ah... Is that so? It was just weird because she used to hug me tightly every time I come back from work before."

 

Silent.

 

"Ki Woong-ah. What happen? Why did your face change?"

"Huh? Ah... It's nothing."

"I don't know what happen. But, I'm pretty sure that Gyuri have to do with all of this. Just talk nicely with her, Ki Woong. I'm sure Kira would understand. I think she's beng jealous because she's the one who has been beside you all this time. So, she couldn't accept the fact that there are somebody that try to steal her bestfriend away from her."

"Araso. Omma, I should go now. It's not nice to let Gyuri alone like that, right?"

"Just keep in mind about what have I said earlier, ok?"

"Nae."

***

Joongki steals a glance at Jonghun who was sighing beside him. He slows the car down to have a better look on Jonghun.

“Hey, you're ok?”

“I’m completely fine, hyung. Why?”

“You look miserable. That’s why.”

“Well, I should be jumping out of happiness right now. I just met my daughter. Why should I look pathetic like this, right?”

 

Silent.

 

“Well... You just stole my line there, y boy.”

Jonghun smile as Joongki trying to broke the silent with his joke.

“That is lame.”

“Aish... I know. You don’t have to remind me about that.”

He smiles again as he sense embarassment in Joongki's voice.

“Hyung. Can I ask you something?”

“Sure. What is it?”

“Miss Han... Sooji was talking about her. I guess she did leave a great impression on Sooji.”

“What do you mean?”

“She must be a nice girl, right? To be able to withstand Sooji’s behaviour for this long... It’s such an achievement! Am I... Right?”

“I wasn’t quite sure about that... But, what did Sooji tell you?”

“Nothing. She was just asking what I think of the girl. Well, personally... I think she’s a great person to be truth.”

“Sooji ask you that? Wow. I’m not dreaming, right? Since when this kind of affection ever exist for Kira?”

“I don’t know about that, hyung... But, I think she’s up for something. Again.”