EXO High: List and Tutors

EXO High

 

Suho's POV~

I met up with Chen and Kris at the cafeteria during lunch hours.  Chanyeol was present too.  We sat in the rear tables; I sat opposite to Kris and Chanyeol sat opposite Chen whom was on my left.  

I handed Kris a piece of paper.  The paper which contained the list of students eligible for the program.

Kris eyed the paper and Chanyeol leaned over to look.  Kris scowled.  

"Wait. Chen, why is mine and Chanyeol's name included in the list?"  
 
Chen cleared his throat before replying.  "Because your grades were failing too.  Based from the records, you are mostly absent during classes and exam dates."  
"But that's because I'm out with my modelling schedules with Chanyeol. And have you forgotten I'm the President?" Kris asked as he places the paper down with a slam.  Here we go again, I thought to myself.  
"Delete me and Chanyeol from the list." He demanded with a stern look on his face. I was about to tell him we can't but Chanyeol cut me off with his sudden outburst.  
 
"No. It's interesting! Kris, let's join!" he beamed not taking his eyes off the paper as he nudged his bestfriend eagerly.  Kris on the other hand, closed his eyes, I presume taking a deep breath before saying, "Now what is it, Chanyeol?" he opened his eyes only to glare at me.  
"We should go for this! I like meeting new people! and you said the study hours would be 5-10pm right?" I nodded with Chen.  
"So If I were to skip classes in the morning,  I can still study at 5-10pm! Nothing much changed with our daily activities, right Kris?"  Chanyeol tilted his head and leaned closer to Kris.  
Kris was silent for a while and then he began, "You think so?" he raised an eyebrow, still skeptical.  Chanyeol nodded pressing his lips, implying how firm he was with his decision.   Kris sighed heavily in his defeat. His brown eyes softened as soon as I heard Chanyeol utter the word, "Please?".  
 
 
"Fine." Kris declared.  
I felt thorns were taken out from my gut.  I exhaled with relief and gave Chen a high five. 
"Have them assembled by 5pm then.  Chen, please inform these students.  Suho, reserve the seminar room from today onwards." Kris demanded, his right hand gesticulating. "Sure, no problem. I guess I have to get going now." Chen stood up from his seat excitedly and brought with him the list.  
 
"Wanna eat?" Kris asked Chanyeol. "Sure. the usual, bread with bacon strips." 
 
Kris turned to me, his face implying if I wanted some too.  I never ate with Kris before.  Him asking me all of a sudden felt odd. "Thanks, but no thanks. I'm still full."  My stomach betrayed me with an audible growl.  I felt embarrassed as I notice a small curve forming on Kris' small lips.  Did he just smile?  
 
"Your stomach is protesting, Suho." Chanyeol giggled.  
"Just tell me what you like. I'll get it for you." the usually grim Kris urged me with a light smile.  I never saw this thoughtful side of him.  "I'll just have what Chanyeol is having." I muttered. He then stood and made his way to the counter.  
 
"Don't worry, it's still him. He isn't posessed." Chanyeol said as he caught me gawked.  "Oh. It's just that, he always wear this face." I reasoned.  
"Looks can be deceiving.  He is actually warmhearted if you get to know him more. You'll be surprised to know he's much thoughtful than I am." he confessed.  
"I see." 
 
I didn't really.  I could picture out Kris being slightly kind to others aside from Chanyeol.  But Kris more thoughtful than Chanyeol? I felt guilty for I couldn't even imagine it.   
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Baekhyun's POV ~
 
It was lunch time and I just came back from the cafeteria with Tao, Sehun and Kai.  I waved goodbye to Sehun and Kai as they went in their classroom.  
 
I dragged Tao into my classroom and asked him to stay for a while and chat with me.  We noticed Chen bringing papers as he stepped out of the classroom.  "Chen, what's up?" Tao asked.  "You two, check the announcement I posted on the board.  You must go."
"What is it?" I asked further.
"Just go." Chen shoved both of us in the classroom and walked away in large steps.  
 
I saw a paper was pasted on the bottom left corner of the board.  I went nearer to read; Tao trailing in. I gasped.  
 
"Oh..my..Tao!" I nudged Tao with this arm vigorously as I spoke excitedly, "K-Kris! Kris will be there! We must go! We can't miss this out!" I covered my mouth with my free hand, still overwhelmed.  
This was the chance we've been waiting for! Kris and Tao should interact  by then.  Tao had been liking Kris  ever since he laid eyes on him.  
Who wouldn't? Kris was tall and manly.  If not for his stern look painted permanently on his face, I would have fallen for him too. 
This was our chance.  
"B-but beef, I'm shy a—" I whacked Tao by the back of his head.  "Owww" he turned to me with a pained look while rubbing the back of his head with his right hand.  
I couldn't help but whack him.  I had been encouraging him to talk and make a move but he always escapes and make reasons not to pursue our plan.  "This is the perfect timing! What else do you want?" I said my arms akimbo.  
 
"Nothing in particular. It's just..too soon and I'm not prepared yet." he confessed and pouted.  I placed my arms against my chest.  I looked around to see if there were anyone who could hear us.  I saw my classmates busy with their own business and I assumed the noise they made were more than enough to make my voice inaudible except to Tao. I resumed to look at my friend in the eyes.
 
"Tao, you have been liking him since forever so it isn't  too soon.  You want preparation?  How many times did we have preparation last year that lasted for weeks and when the right time came, you just ran off and pretended to be sick?".  His eyes tinted with apology this time.  I took both his hands as I spoke, "Tao, it's gonna be alright.  Okay, if you can't do it today, it's alright.  Just come later.  Just don't escape." Tao nodded slightly. "Okay.  I won't escape." He guaranteed.  "We will finish our lessons by 3pm.  So meet me here and we will wait for 5pm to strike." I instructed Tao.  
 
The bell rang to which Tao left the room.  
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In the seminar room..
 
Sehun's POV ~
 
I saw Luhan's tired expression  at the doorway.   He grinned as he saw me seated at the middle column, 2nd row.  He claimed the seat next to mine, on my right.  
"Hey," I said.  "have you picked some songs for our routine?" Luhan nodded.  
He took his iphone from his beige mcm backpack.
I watched him attach the earpiece and scroll down his playlist.  He tucked the earpiece in both my ears and pressed play.  
 
As soon as the music started playing, I jerked and pulled off the earpiece from my ears.  
Luhan faced me.  "It's too loud!" I rubbed my ears.  
He let out a chuckle, his eye smiles were beautiful.  
"I'm sorry," he covered his lips with the back of his hand to stop giggling.  
 
He was really pretty like an angel.
 Right.  
He wasn't exactly an angel.  
 
"You did it on purpose didn't you?" I asked.  
He nodded, pressing his lips trying hard not to laugh.  
"Aisshhh, That was defeaning!" I frowned.
 
I just got to know Luhan yesterday and his true colors were already showing. Not that he was hiding them.  I realized and I confirmed just a while ago that he really likes pranks despite his innocent look.  
"Here it's the right volume now." he handed me his earpiece.  I was reluctant.
He then took the left piece and tucked it in his ears and he tucked the right piece on mine.  
 
"There.  I'll go deaf with you if I'm lying." he said as he pressed play.  He wasn't lying.  We both listened to the first song, "Time Control" with our heads slightly leaning towards each other.  
We both bobbed our heads with the music and we gesticulated our hands with the beat.  I sensed him staring at me but I brushed it off.  The next song was "History".  
 
"I like this one!" I abruptly turned to face him.  Little did I know he was facing me the whole time and was leaning forward.  
Enough to have my nose and his brush against each other slightly.  I leaned back at the sudden contact.  "I-im sorry." I apologized.  
I saw him nervously pinch his nose before I looked down on the floor.  We straightened ourselves from our seat and cleared our throats awkwardly.  
 
"Ah! I have something to show you." Luhan tried his best to break the silence.  I didn't want to prolong the awkwardness either so I pretended to forget what just happened and faced him again, curious about what he would show me. 
 
He took out a brightly coloured cube from his bag  prior to placing his phone back inside. "Rubik's cube?" I asked.  He nodded. "Do you know how to play?" he asked me back. I thought for a second.  I beckoned for the cube.  I turned it for quite a few times. After two minutes, I only managed to form 3 yellow squares together.  I gave it back to him, smiling bleakly.  "I guess I don't know. Can you?"
 
"hmm let's see.  Give me two minutes." I nodded.  I observed him intently.  He made a few turns.  It was past 1 minute.  "It doesnt look good to me, Luhan." I .  "Aish, it will be."
 
We were too engrossed  with the game that we didn't noticed the few students arriving.  "There!" Luhan exclaimed at exactly 2 minutes after.  I applauded him and I was really amazed with his speed.  "Wow Luhan, that's cool!"  I heard Kai's voice from the back.  
 
"You guys are here finally.  Where's my snack I asked for?" I demanded Kai as I reached out my hand.  He opened his bag and took out Lay's chips.  
"I can't believe you're really eating your own friend." Kai jeered as he handed me the chips.  "Shut up, Kai." Lay muttered from behind Luhan. I smirked and Luhan chuckled.  I shared the chips with Luhan.  Kai refused saying he isn't a cannibal.  Lay, well maybe he refused to eat his own relative.
 
Moments later, Suho arrived.  I saw my friends, Tao and Baekhyun too.  But they said they wanted to sit at the back.  I had no idea why.  
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Suho's POV ~ 
 
I stood in front of everyone, Kai sat in the middle column, Sehun in front of him.  Kris and Chanyeol then arrived a few moments later and seated at the back.  Slowly, the number of students inside increased.  I waited for Chen to arrive.  
 
"He will be slightly late." Chen whispered to my ear.  He was referring to another tutor who were to teach the students.  "Okay, I'll just start now." I cleared my throat and asked for everyone's attention.  
 
"I'm Suho, the vice president.  Our President Kris is seated at the back and Chen is with us too." I said casually.  
 
"We've gathered all of you here because we will be introducing a new system. A study system." I heard some of them groaned.  
 
"As you can remember, we weren't given our 1 month vacation last January.  That was due to our low aggregate scores during the annual exams. This new study program I'm introducing is to help us  avoid that from happening again.  I'm sure you wouldn't want your plans next year to be cancelled, right?" they went silent.
 
I continued.  
 
"Basically, we will meet on weekdays from 5pm to 10pm and study together in this room.  I will assign personal tutors for each of you but we will also have lessons together. These personal tutors I'm assigning can meet you anytime of the day if you need help."  I could see some of them scrunched their faces and some were actually delighted.  
 
I saw Kai raised his hand.  "Umm, for how long does this thing last?"
"Until the day of the exams itself." I answered.  
"But we will have no rest by then?!" I heard someone from the back complained.
"Actually, you can do watever you like during your day classes. You can sleep if you wish.  But this class, you can't skip it."  I said firmly.  
 
"Before anything else, I'm calling out your names first and I'll be telling you why you are eligible here. For others, you may also take this as an introduction to your new classmates." 
 
Chen handed me a list of names and some remarks beside them. I then started to call out names. 
 
"Xiumin? Where are you?" he was seated at the back.  I believe he was the one who asked about getting no rest. 
"Hmm, your grades are quite good except Geography. Chen here will be your personal tutor for Geography." I glanced at Chen but I noticed him blushing.  
I mouthed him, "Are you okay?" he nodded and I looked back at my list.  
 
"Next, Luhan?" the boy who sat next to Sehun  raised his hand.  
"All your grades in each subjects are equal..equally mediocre. I'll be asissting you on this okay?" Luhan scratched his head and nodded.  
 
"Tao and Baekhyun? you two are terrible in maths. Kyungsoo will help you. He will be here any moment." I assumed the two seemed to know Kyungsoo since I somehow see the three of them together.  Sometimes with Chen.
 
"Lay?" a guy behind Luhan stood up abruptly  as if he was called by a sergeant.  "Umm, your grades are fine except science.  I will help you with this." he nodded. "You can sit down now, Lay." he obeyed and I heard some students giggle.  He looked dazed somehow. 
 
"Kris and Chanyeol.. I guess you know  why you're included. Kyungsoo and Chen will help you." I said as I skipped them and proceeded to another student.
 
 "Sehun. You don't participate in class. You're present but your mind is on dancing. I'll take care of that." I said knowingly since we were classmates.  
 
I exhaled at the last name on my list.  I didn't want that name to have appeared on the list of students failing.
I treated him like my brother and seeing him failing was my failure too. "Kai." I glared at him.  He smiled at me as if innocent.  
 
"You were never absent in class." I said.  "Thank you, I knew I was a good student." Kai responded.  
 
"But you always sleep in class. Not only that, you disturb the class with your loud snoring." I said sarcastically.  
"I-I don't snore! R-Right Sehun?!" Sehun seeing me raise an eyebrow at him ignored Kai.
"Kyungsoo will take care of you." I told Kai.
 
 "Who is this Kyungsoo?" Kai asked, now curious.
 
At the right moment, Kyungsoo arrived at the doorway, panting. "I-im sorry." he leaned on his knees, "I needed to tutor someone at the library." he explained. He dragged his weak feet inside and sat on the nearest chair.  "Well, there's Kyungsoo for you." I told Kai.  
 
"I still can't agree to this, Suho!" Kai exclaimed.  I then noticed Kris stood up from his seat.  He swaggered his way to stand right beside me, hands against his chest.  
 
 
"I'm sorry Kai, but I really don't care if you are tired or not.  You cannot skip this class.  You can continue sleeping in your morning class as you wish but not in this class." he growled followed by a piercing glare at Kai to which gave shivers to the latter.  
 
"This goes well to all of you.  You can continue being lazy in your normal classes. We don't care. Just not this class.  I swear, If we fail to reach our target and I learned that one of you failed during the year end exams, I will haunt you. You really don't want to try me."  Kris warned us. Death seemed to have  laced  every word he said.  I felt my body shiver as the room was filled with fear and so was I.  
 
I flinched when Kris suddenly faced me with his face.  He smiled sneakily before tapping my shoulder to continue explaining. It dawned to me that he was only trying to help.  Otherwise, no one will listen to my orders. How thoughtful of him. Just as what Chanyeol had said.
 
But scary. 
 
I need air.   
 
~~~~~
A/N: Woaahh quite a long chapter. almost 3,000 words. Sorry if this chapter or what. >_< I wanted to finish this chapter so bad so i could start with the sweet parts :') Thanks for all the comments, subscribers and viewers lol. Please stay tuned ~  I still wont rush into things so bear with me. 
Sorry again if there are mispelled words/ wrong grammar here. >_<