The Lamp

Your Wish Is My Command!

 

 
Minho's POV
 
“Minho! Come home, NOW!” I heard my mom’s shaking voice through the phone.  My heart skipped a bit. Before I could think I found myself running back home.
 
“Umma, What is it?” I asked as I barged in through the front door.
I scanned the whole living room but there was no one.
“MINHO!” I heard my mom yell from our guest room.
I quickly made my way to find my grandfather lying still on the bed, looking as pale as ever.
 
Our family doctor was standing there, next to my mother. Both their eyes filled with sadness.
 
I walked in slowly, still out of breath; I kneeled next to my grandfather’s bed and held his hands.
Suddenly, he moved. “Halabeoji!” I softly hissed out.
“Minho-yah. It’s ok.” He smiled.
 
Tears began to roll down my eyes.
 
My grandfather has taken my father’s place ever since my father has left my mom and me all alone when I was just 3.
Halabeoji was always there for me; he would teach me how to play sports and helped me with my home works. He did everything that a father would do to his son.
 
And now, the only person who made me feel like I had a complete family was about to leave me alone too.
 
“Halabeoji will be in a better place soon, so you don’t have to worry.” He slightly gripped my hands.  “Here, take this.”
 
Grandpa slowly opened his other hand to reveal a necklace.
 
 
“Wear this at all times. This symbolizes many things which you'll discover as you grow old and one of them is me. I hope you won’t forget me.” Grandpa grinned.
“I won’t Halabeoji, I promise!” I said sternly as I quickly rubbed the tears running down my cheeks.
“Now, be a good boy and always take care of your Umma, alright?”
 
I nodded then put on the necklace grandpa gave me.
 
Halabeoji looked at the necklace. Smiled. Then suddenly, there was absolutely no movement.
 
Umma began to break down while  the doctor patted my shoulder.
 
 
…2 years later…
 
“Welcome to the new SM Academy campus!” A bubbly girl exclaimed as she began to hand out our schedules.
 
This is my second year attending the SM Academy. It’s where all the future SM artists are trained. I’ve decided to follow my heart an become an artist.
 
“Anyeong  Minho oppa!” Krystal waved at me.
“Oh, Anyeong Krystal” I smiled.
 
Krystal and I have been accepted at the SM academy at the same time, so she’s one of my first friends.
Soon Taemin, another SM trainee yelled out.
“Hyung!” he quickly ran and gave me a hug.
I chuckled at his gesture.
"Minho-yah! Have you seen our schedule?!" Onew came rushing towards me looking as freaked out as ever. He began to blab out he randomest thing you can think off.
"Yah, Jinki! Relax, here, I bought you some chicken!" Jonghyun gave him a box of chicken wings.
"MAN! You know me too well!" Onew have Jonghyun a big hug before he headed to some corner to have some alone time with his chicken.
"IT'S.SO.HOT!" Key appeared out of nowhere, fanning himself.
"Key mama's here!" Jonghyun rejoiced and began messing up Key's hair just to piss him off.
"Yah, Jong! Get your hands away from my soft conditioned hair!" Key quickly began to fix his hair.
 
SM has just opened up a new training campus and all the SM trainees were invited to its grand opening.
 
“Taemin, I’m going to go find a toilet. I think I ate some bad kimbap.”
“Arasso. But hurry Hyung, the assembly’s about to begin.” Taemin shooed me away.
 
“Toilet, Toilet, Toilet!” I spoke to myself as I ran through the whole campus opening each doors.
Pretty soon I was lost. I somehow ended up at the other end of the campus.
 
I opened the last door on the first floor hoping it was the toilet.
Instead it was dark. Really dark.
I slowly walked in searching for light when I felt myself falling.
 
“OUCH!” I yelled as I hit my head on something really hard.
I took out phone and clicked on the flashlight app.
 
“Stairs” I huffed as I pointed the flashlight on where I fell.
 
I noticed that I scraped my elbow during the fall.
"Man, I'm so dead!" I hissed to myself as I picked myself back up.
 
I scanned the whole room.
It was filled with planks and nothing more.
Then something shined on the corner of the room.
 
 
“A lamp?” I stared at the golden thing lying on the floor.
 
What's a lamp doing here? This must be the storage room or something.
 
I slowly picked it up. I was quite dusty and…old.
There seemed to be some engraving written on it but I couldn’t make out what it says due to the amount of dust covering it.
I slowly blew the dust away, and right at that second the whole room began to shake.
 
I lost my balance causing me to dropped the lamp and which began to glow.
It continued glowing brighter and brighter with each breath I take.
 
“Your wish is my command…” we’re the words that echoed in my head as my surrounding began to get blurry and soon everything went black.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

How was that for the first chapter of the story?

Please, feel free to suggest ways in which I could improve my story.

 

-Should I change the font style?

-Should I increase or decrease the font size?

-Should I use more colours?

 

Chapter 2 is coming up soon.

Thank you for reading.

-emkrys