Epilogue

Suddenly In Love

 

                “This is such a mess,” Victoria shook her head and sighed.

                “Come on, Vic,” Amber patted her back. “It’s not that bad, I’d say.”

                “Yeah, I don’t think it’s a mess,” Sulli tried to cheer Victoria as well.

                “You guys don’t understand,” Victoria bit her lower lip nervously. Krystal held the urge to roll her eyes by holding Victoria’s hands.

                “Vic, listen to me. Just because you’re the most mature one, doesn’t mean you have to take care of everything,” Krystal assured. Victoria was about to reply before Sulli cut in.

                “Krystal’s right. And just because we’re not married yet, and you are, doesn’t mean we don’t know anything about things related to wedding ceremony,” Sulli said.

                “And just because I’m still boyish, doesn’t mean I don’t know about how to be girly,” Amber tried to lighten up Victoria’s nervous state.

                Victoria sighed. “Alright, I’m sorry for being such a… prick about this wedding.”

                The other three chuckled. “It’s okay, you were just worried that Luna Eonni’s big day won’t be as good as she expected.”

                “Yeah, especially that it’s in less than a week, I was kinda freak out that the days went so fast!” Victoria said when suddenly Sulli’s phone rang. She excused herself from the group to take the call.

                “I bet that was Taemin,” Amber commented.

                “Oh my God! Speaking of Taemin and Sulli, their wedding is only 5 months away!” Victoria started to panic once again.

                “Calm down, Vic, calm down,” Amber patted her back again. “We need to finish Luna’s first here.”

                “Right,” Victoria calmed down a bit. She took a deep breath. “I can’t believe it. It feels like it was just yesterday Sulli and Soojung graduated. But now look at us! I’m married, Luna’s getting married in 6 days, Sulli’s getting married in 5 months, Amber is enganged too.”

                “Don’t forget my sister who’s currently pregnant with her second child,” Krystal added.

                “Oh yeah, she is!” Victoria nodded.

                “I wonder what Jaemin is doing right now,” Amber wondered. “He will be an amazing brother to his sister.”

                Krystal just simply nodded in reply.

**

                “Jung!” Sehun greeted as soon as Krystal opened her apartment door. He looked around the new place. “Nice place,” he complimented.

                “Thanks,” Krystal said with a smile. “Come in. Sorry everything is not in its place yet.”

                “Yeah, you’re very messy, Krys,” Sehun commented and Krystal shot a look at him. Sehun chuckled, “I’m kidding.”

                “So what brought you here?” Krystal asked as she was moving some pile of books to her bookcase.

                “Can’t a guy visit his best friend at her new place? I just want to look around,” Sehun said as he threw himself in her couch, and Krystal was sure that it was not the reason. So she just threw a look at Sehun and he chuckled. “You know me too well, Jung.” Krystal rolled her eyes.

                “So…?”

                “Please help me to get Kai and Yoona Noona together,” Sehun got straight into the point.

                “Says someone who can’t get a girl,” Krystal mocked him jokingly and Sehun made a face. “Well, what do I need to do?” Krystal sat on the couch too.

                “You need to tell me what to do to make them finally confessed that they like each other,” Sehun said. “It’s already 7 years and heck, they’re still haven’t admit to each other!”

                “Well, just convince Kai that he needs to make a move, or Yoona will be snatched away, just like Sulli, 7 years ago,” Krystal said.

                “I know I have to do that, but how?”

                “That… I don’t know. I don’t know Kai that well,” Krystal stood up and collected her books again. Sehun stood up too and helped her collecting her books.

                “Well, just try to think of it and maybe something will across your mind,” Sehun said. “So… how’s work?”

                “Terrible!” Krystal made a face. “My manager is such a… meh, I don’t know. He kept on adding schedules without giving me any break!”

                “I told you that you shouldn’t be a model,” Sehun commented. “At least if you want, be a freelance model.”

                “Freelance model is not that promising. I have to find other jobs if I don’t have any agent, just in case.”

                “I always thought you would own a boutique or something, I never thought you would end up as a model, seriously,” Sehun said and Krystal chuckled.

                “I never thought to be a model as well,” Krystal said. “So how’s your work then?”

                “Not bad, my boss is still giving me daggers every time I met him, because he thought I was courting her daughter,” Sehun said and both of them laughed.

                “Speak about courting. I never saw you courting anyone else after that girl you talk about five years ago.”

                Sehun froze for a moment.

                “And what was the reason you decided to stop courting her anyway? You still haven’t told me.”

                “I was afraid,” Sehun simply said.

                “Why?”

                “She brought too much… painful memory.”

                “What’s her name?”

                Sehun never told Krystal about her name. But now he thinks that it should be the perfect time to tell her everything. “Soojung,” he suddenly said.

                “What? Me?” Krystal looked at Sehun with confused eyes.

                Sehun gave a light knock on her head. “I’m so over you 7 years ago!”

                Krystal rubbed her head, where Sehun hit earlier. “Then what painful memory did she bring?”

                Sehun sighed before answering, “Every time I spent with her, I was happy. But there’s a little insecurity that she’s going to hurt me… again.”

                “What do you mean by again? Did she hurt you before?”

                “No… not literally her. But…”

                “…me?”

                Sehun nodded and Krystal stayed quiet. She was unable to say anything, and so was Sehun. So they stayed quiet for a few moments, until Krystal decided to break the silence.

                “Hun? You know, I’m sorry for making you feel that pain,” Krystal shrugged. “My heart just doesn’t belong to you. But that ‘Soojung’s’ heart does belong to you, so she wouldn’t bring the same pain as I did.”

                “I know,” Sehun sighed. “I was stupid. Everything in me revolves around you that time, that’s why I was so… foolish. But now, I realized that I lose someone so important.”

                Krystal stayed quiet for a minute. “But you still know where she lives or how to contact her?”

                Sehun nodded.

                “Then go find her.”

**

                It was the day of Luna and Onew’s wedding day and everyone come with their partners, except for Sehun.

                “Hun? Where’s that Soojung girl? I thought you said you’re coming with her,” Krystal said as soon as she spotted Sehun alone.

                “I told her that if she forgives me, she would come here. If she doesn’t then she doesn’t have to come,” Sehun said, nervously.

                “Someone is nervous then,” Krystal teased and Sehun made a face.

                “Where’s Minho Hyung anyway?” Sehun asked.

                “I have no idea,” Krystal looked a bit disappointed so Sehun put his arm around her.

                “Don’t worry, your best friend is here,” Sehun winked and Krystal smiled softly.

                “Jungie, Sehun, come here, the ceremony is starting!” Victoria called so the both of them rushed into the hall.

                The ceremony was starting. Everyone was seated at their seat. The priest was standing in front of everyone, and Onew was already at the end of the aisle, waiting for Luna, in his white tux. The door was opened, revealing the pretty Luna in her white wedding dress, designed by Sulli, who now works as a designer. Luna walked down the aisle with her father to meet Onew and everyone’s attention was on them. Luna’s father gave her to Onew and Onew took that chance to whisper to Luna.

                “You’re the most beautiful bride I have ever seen, I love you,” he whispered before standing straight in front of the priest.

                Luna smiled and whispered back, “I love you more.”

**

                As soon as the ceremony ended, music were played so some of them were dancing, and some of them were eating. Taemin and Kai were standing in the corner of the room, observing the entire crowd.

                “So you’re getting married in 5 months, wow,” Kai said before sipping on his wine.

                “I know right,” Taemin sighed happily. “So when are you going to get a girl and get married too?” Taemin gave a light punch on his arm.

                “Soon… maybe,” Kai said.

                Taemin sipped on his wine. “You like Yoona, don’t you?”

                “Is it that obvious?”

                “Yeah. I mean, how long has it been? 6 years?”

                “7…”

                “That’s long,” Taemin commented shortly and Kai just nodded. “Why don’t you make a move?”

                Kai blushed slightly. “I just don’t know how…”

                “Kai, you’re 26 years old already,” Taemin said.

                “I know. I’m just… shy,” Kai gulped.

                “I never seen you with any girl, other than Yoona, really,” Taemin said.

                “Because Yoona is the second girl I ever fall for,” Kai blurted, unaware of what he said might lead to.

                “Second? Who’s the first?” Taemin asked curiously.

                Kai face-palmed himself for being so stupid.

                “Yah, who’s the first?” Taemin yanked Kai, but Kai didn’t budge to answer. “Jongiiiinnnnn,” Taemin pouted cutely.

                “Not working,” Kai just shrugged and Taemin made a face.

                “I’m just gonna ask Sehun then,” Taemin threatened.

                “Go ahead,” Kai said as he took another sip of his wine.

**

                Krystal was pissed. Seriously pissed. But she tried to hide it by talking to Sehun and playing with Jaemin, her 3-years-old nephew. Anyone who didn’t know might think that Krystal is Sehun’s wife and Jaemin is their son, but it was not like that, at all. But the truth was just Krystal trying to get her mind off of Minho, who didn’t appear at all at the party. She couldn’t reach him at his phone as well, so she’s pissed. Seriously pissed.

                But suddenly, the music slowed down and Jonghyun stood in the stage and knocking on the microphone for a few times.

                “Is it in?” he checked as he looked around. As soon as he was sure that the mike was on, he looked at everyone. “Hey, guys,” he greeted. “So I’m here to say congratulation to my best friend, Onew, for his wedding with his love one, Luna. I hope you guys will have a very happy family, like me, Jessica, Jaemin, and our following daughter.”

                Everyone clapped at his speech. But Jonghyun hadn’t finished his speech yet.

                “And second, this is a very special event, that was already approved by the happy couple tonight. They want to share the happiness tonight with our very special friends. So this mike, I’m giving it to him,” Jonghyun said, leaving everyone dumbfounded. But suddenly, Minho appeared from behind the stage, wearing tux, looking all sleek for the party.

                “There he is,” Sehun whispered at Krystal, who made a face in response.

                Minho took over the mike and cleared his throat before saying something.

                “Hey, everyone,” he greeted as a start. “So, I’m here to say the exact same thing to Onew and Luna, congratulation on your wedding, I hope you guys will do well. And thank you for this opportunity.” Minho looked around the room and when he found Krystal, he fixed his gaze at her.

                “Well everyone here knows that I’m currently dating the top-model, Krystal Jung, who was such an ice princess before she knew me,” Minho said and the guest laughed. Krystal was just looking at him, both confusedly and a bit mad at him. “But who would’ve guessed that we’re already dating for 7 years now. And even though that 7 years we had our fights and disagreements, we made it until today, so that proves that our love is strong.”

                Everyone awed at his statement, but Minho was not finished. “Soojung is the most hot-headed girl I have ever known, that’s why we had many disagreements. She’s stubborn and careless sometimes. She’s also a bit moody at times, and sometimes her moods drive me insane, I’d admit. But even so, I want to spend my entire life with this hot-headed, stubborn, careless, and moody woman.” Minho took out a coral honeysuckle and Krystal softened at the view. “Jung Soojung, will you marry me?”

                Minho got down from the stage and walked to Krystal. He knelt down with a ring on his hand as soon as he was in front of her. Krystal smiled at him, as if she forgot that she was mad at him a minute ago, and she nodded.

                “Yeah, I’ll marry this clumsy, weird, childish man,” Krystal said and everyone cheered for them.

                Sehun was already taking Jaemin at his arm. He was smiling happily for Krystal. He felt purely happy for them, not even a slight jealousy. Just then, he felt a light tap on his shoulder. He turned around to see a girl that he had been silently-wait for the past few hours.

                “You came?” he smiled and the girl nodded with a soft smile. “So I’m forgiven?” Sehun asked.

                “Yes, Oh Sehun. You’re forgiven,” Soojung said.

                Sehun smiled wider. “If I am not carrying my friend’s daughter, I would hug you now, Baek Soojung.”

                The two of them laughed.

                Suddenly Sehun felt another tap on his shoulder. He turned his head slightly to see Taemin.

                “Sehun ah, who was Kai’s first love?” Taemin asked innocently, unaware of the situation.

                “If you take Jaemin back to Jonghyun Hyung, I’ll tell you,” Sehun said and Taemin agreed. “His first love is your fiancé, Hyung. So please, take Jaemin back to Jjong Hyung. Thanks.” Sehun gave Jaemin to Taemin and he immediately hugged Soojung. Taemin just stood there, dumbfounded. He looked around and spotted Victoria who was dancing with her husband, Nichkhun.

                “Vic Noona, can you take Jaemin to Jjong Hyung? I need to find Kim Jongin,” Taemin handed Jaemin to Victoria and before Victoria could say anything, Taemin already dashed off to look for Kai. Victoria just blinked and Nichkhun messed Jaemin’s hair. Jaemin looked just as confused as Victoria.

                “Jaemin is incredibly cute,” Nichkhun took Jaemin away from Victoria and started to look for Jonghyun. “I wished Jaemin is our son,” he said to Victoria, who slightly blushed at his words.              

                “Our son would be even cuter,” Victoria blurted and Nichkhun smirked at her.

                “So we can have a son?” Nichkhun teased. “I thought you want a daughter.”

                “Khun!” Victoria pinched her husband’s arm lightly and Nichkhun pretended to be hurt. But then Victoria giggled at her husband’s cuteness, she gave him a peck on his lips.

                “Hey hey hey! No kissing in front of my Jaemin,” Jonghyun took Jaemin away from Nichkhun’s arm protectively. “It would ruin his innocent mind.”

                Jessica followed him laughing. “Sorry, Vic, Jonghyun is a bit protective of his son.”

                “Who would’ve guessed that Jonghyun would be such a responsible father?” Victoria commented and the girls chuckled. Jonghyun just rolled his eyes and took Jaemin away.

                “Hey, Jjong, I’m gonna find Jungie to congratulate her,” Jessica said.

                “Okay, just don’t take too long, or I’m gonna miss you,” Jonghyun joked with a wink.

                “Kim Jongin!” Taemin finally found Kai, who was talking to Yoona. Jonghyun who heard his voice, turned around to see what Taemin was up to.

                Kai looked at Taemin confusedly. “What?”

                “Jinri? My Jinri? Seriously?” Taemin made a face and Kai froze.

                “Sehun told you for real?”

                “Yeah.”

                Kai face-palmed himself. Sehun is such a traitor, really. “Well,” Kai shrugged. “It was just the past, don’t mind it anymore, please. I’m over her, seriously.”

                “I know you do, because you got a current problem for now,” Taemin glanced at Yoona.

                “Huh?” Kai blinked.

                “Yoona Noona?” Taemin called Yoona who was left out from earlier.

                “Yeah?” Yoona asked.

                “Kai likes you for 7 years already, and I know you like him too, so can you two just please be honest to each other?” Taemin blurted and both Kai and Yoona’s eyes grew wide. Both of their faces slowly turned red. Kai mentally want to slap Taemin for doing that and Yoona just gulped nervously.

                “Now you two, go talk it out,” Taemin pulled the two of them closer and left the couple alone.

                They were silent for a while, because it was just awkward.

                “So…”

                “So…”

                They said in unsion.

                “You go first,” Yoona said and Kai nodded.

                “Well, you heard him. I like you, Yoon,” Kai gulped. “No, wait. I love you,” Kai’s face went even redder, and so did Yoona.

                “And yeah, you heard him, too. I love you too, Jongin,” Yoona confessed and both of them didn’t dare to stare into each other’s eyes.

                “Then… can I be your boyfriend?” Kai awkwardly asked and Yoona laughed a bit at the tensed atmosphere. Kai looked up to meet eyes with Yoona.

                Yoona smiled softly and nodded. “Yes.”

**

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is it, the last chapter :') i'm half happy that i finished this story, but half sad because this was my favorite story I have ever written :')

thanks everyone for the support~ Cx i wish we can meet again in my other stories *maybe*

i'm actually pretty satisfied with this chapter as epilogue, especially the fact that this is the longest one out of 41 chapters. So.... yeah Cx i hope this doesn't dissappoint you guys C:

well, once again thank you, and goodbye~~ Cx