Chapter 39

Suddenly In Love

Sehun’s POV

                I smiled, I was really smiling. There’s still a tiny heartache when I saw them, but I am happy for them. I’m happy for Krystal.

                I was sitting near Krystal’s table when I saw Minho Hyung was approaching her with a… weird-looking flower. All I could hear was his girlfriend-proposal thing. I knew it would happen sooner or later, so I already prepared myself for the heartbreak. But what makes my life easier is that the fact that the heartache wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. I know I’m doing the right thing for sure.

                Right now I’m on my way home, alone, because Kai was nowhere to be seen. I wanted to play some computer games so bad, that I decided to leave him with a text that I’m going home alone. Though he didn’t reply yet, I don’t care. All I want is my computer games and donuts to eat as I play. I stopped by at a donut store and went in. The first thing I saw when I entered was a familiar looking girl, ordering some donuts to the clerk. I lined up behind her and unconsciously examining her, and trying to remember who that girl is.

                “Noona…,” I heard a familiar whine, so I looked down to see that a little boy was following her.

                “Hyunwoo yah,” I called happily, making Hyunwoo turned around to see me. I waved at him and he blinked at me. Does he forget me?

                The girl also looked up to see me. She blinked a few times before smiling at me.

                “Hello,” she greeted with a sweet smile.

                “Hey,” I greeted back and waved again at Hyunwoo. He didn’t reply. I take that as yes, he forgets me.

                “We meet again,” she said and I nodded. “Hyunwoo yah, remember this Hyung? He bought you chocolates the other day?” she leveled herself with Hyunwoo.

                Hyunwoo didn’t budge, so the girl had to tug on his hand to get a reply. “Does Hyunwoo forget this Hyung?” the girl said cutely as she was pointing her finger at me.

                Hyunwoo blinked for a few moments then he smiled. “This Hyung bought chocolate for Hyunwoo and Noona,” he said and I smiled again at him. I lowered myself, leveling myself to him and greeted him again.

                “Hyunwoo, annyeong,” I waved.

                He waved back. “Annyeong.”

                The girl stood up and pay for her donuts.

                “Hey, you can join us if you like,” the girl said and I nodded in reply.

**

                I walked home with light steps. As I was walking, I listed everything I know about her.

                First, Hyunwoo is her neighbor’s son. She loves children so much that she always takes Hyunwoo for a walk when she has the time.

                Second, because she loves kids so much, she wants to be a kindergarten teacher. And I think it’s cute to saw her talking to all the little kids.

                Third, she’s in the same age as I am.

                Fourth, this is a fact that made my heart twitch… her name is Soojung.

**

Kai’s POV

                “Yo, dude, where have you been?” I asked from the couch, as Sehun was walking in.

                “The question is, where have you been?” he asked back as he threw his bag to the floor and threw himself to the couch beside me.

                “I went to eat dinner with a friend,” I replied.

                “Who?” he asked again.

                “Not anyone you wanna know of,” I said. “How about you? Where have you been?”

                “Eating donuts with a friend,” he replied.

                “Donut? Did you bring me some?”

                “Why should I? You left me to go home alone, Kai,” Sehun whined and I grinned at him as I was mumbling some sorry.

                “But anyway, who were you eating donut with? I thought I’m your donut buddy,” my turn to whine.

                Sehun stood up and picked up his bag. “Not anyone you wanna know of,” he copied my words and stuck his tongue out at me.

                “You kiddo!” I called as he was leaving me alone with the TV.

**

                “I came back here to Seoul, forcing my parents to let me stay here alone, only to meet Minho. I hoped that he was still waiting for me, and I hoped that his heart wouldn’t change. Knowing the fact that his heart already did, and I couldn’t do anything about it… it just hurts so much,” Yoona said in a low voice. It was almost like she was whispering. I stayed quiet, because I just didn’t know what I should say. I’m just not the best mad to share a story to.

                “How I wished I had never left,” Yoona sighed again.

                I feel bad for not saying anything, as if I ignored her. Especially I was the only who told her that she could tell me about it. “Don’t regret it. Even if you didn’t leave, if fate says that you and Minho are not for each other, in any ways it would end up the same. Maybe fate made you left for a reason, and made you come back for a reason as well,” I said. Whoa, never thought I could be this wise.

                Yoona played with her noodles before taking some in . I did the same, and we were silent for a few minutes.

                “I hate to admit that maybe you are right, Kai,” Yoona said in a disappointed voice.

                “You can call me Jongin if you want,” I blurted, unaware of what I was saying.

                “Jongin?” she said with a weak smile, almost like she was forcing it, but I know she didn’t. “Nice name.”

                I smiled back. “Should I call you ‘Noona’?”

                She shook her head. “Nu uh, calling me that made me sound old,” she joked.

                This girl can joke around even if she’s hurting.

                “You don’t look old, though,” I replied and she chuckled weakly.

                “Once again, thanks a lot…,” she said, “Jongin.”

                And there I was, trying to smile at her, and trying to hide the fact that… my heart missed its beat when she called me Jongin.

**

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have a super big test tomorrow, and the following week I'm gonna be busy with the tests, so I'll try my best to update :DD thanks everyone ~ <3

P.S.: the next chapter is going to be in 3rd person's POV, which means no one's POV xP