Christmas Special : Jonghyun-Jessica (Chapter 29)

Suddenly In Love

 

Jessica’s POV

I opened my house’s front gate and walked out, to find some fresh air. It’s a day before Christmas and I haven’t bought anything for my own sister’s present! Truth be told, I was only thinking about Jonghyun’spresent. I’m such a bad sister. I mentally face-palmed myself when suddenly an arm wrapped around me, causing me to scream in shock.

“Baby, I miss you,” a familiar voice was heard as the hug was getting even tighter. He let go after a few minutes and I took a few seconds to catch my breath.

“Kim Jonghyun!” I poked his head and he rubbed his head cutely. I couldn’t help but to smile at his cutesy action. “What are you doing this early?”

“I miss my girlfriend,” he whined cutely and I rolled my eyes. Who would’ve guessed the manly and muscular Kim Jonghyun, is actually such a sweetheart and a cutesy.

“Can’t you just wait for another…,” I glanced at my watch, “seven hours?”

He shook his head. “I can’t. I just missed you too much,” he grinned and I hugged him.

“I missed you too,” I giggled and he hugged back.

“Where are you going anyway, babe?” he kissed my forehead, not letting me go from his hug.

“Morning walk,” I said, randomly. I didn’t want to admit that I forgot my own sister birthday. First, it would affect my image as the perfect older sister. And second, in case he asked why I forgot. I can’t tell him that I was too busy finding his present until I forgot Krystal’s, right?

“Instead of morning walk, let’s just go on a movie marathon with me. I haven’t watched any movie in the past weeks,” he said and I liked the idea. So I gave him a nod.

“Sure, great idea,” I commented. “But let’s grab something to eat first. I haven’t eaten breakfast.”

**

We spent the entire day eating breakfast together, watching two movies in a row- first was the second part of Breaking Dawn and the other one was The Hobbit. We had a great time. Nonetheless, there are no bad times if I had to spend it with my favorite guy in the world, other than my father, Kim Jonghyun.

He dropped me off at my house and we bid goodbye. But it was not entirely a goodbye, because we’re going to meet again an hour.

I spent the entire hour on the shower and in front of my dresser, picking the perfect dress, since we are going to eat in the best restaurant in Seoul. I was surprised that a high school-er actually had the money to pay for us to have a dinner-date there. I asked how he got the money, but he didn’t even bother to answer. So I didn’t even bother to ask again.

**

“This is unbelievable. I always dreamt of having a dinner-date, at a fancy restaurant, with the one I love dearingly, on Christmas’ Eve. I never told you that, right? But you’re making all these dreams come true.” I blabbered on the way as he was focusing himself on the wheel. But he still let out a smirk as he fixed his bow tie with his empty hand.

“I am amazing, aren’t I?” he bragged.

“Don’t be so full, who knows if it will be worse than what it looks like? And then I will be disappointed and you’re no longer awesome,” I said and he chuckled.

“We’ll see…”

We arrived at the restaurant a few minutes later and when I was about to open the door, he stopped me.

“I’m going to see the man of yours dreams tonight, babe,” he winked before leaving the car, headed straight to my door and opened the door for me. I stepped out with his help and he offered his hand. I took his hand and hug his arm lightly, looking classy, like those in dramas. I giggled to myself, deep down inside my heart.

We walked inside the restaurant and he led me to the table in the middle of the room. It was prepared beautifully and elegantly, so much for making my dreams come true. It was decorated with candles and flowers.He pulled a seat and gave me a signal to sit, so I did.

He took a seat in front of me and he smiled before calling the waiter. Hehelped me ordered a complete meal, from starter, main-course, and desert. I really felt like those girls in dramas, so I have to say that I am very pleased, even in the beggining.

"Non-alcoholic wine, please?" He ordered to the waiter. As soon as the waiter left he looked at me. "Are you okay with non-alcoholic wine?I'm still in high school, so I'm not allowed to have alcoholic wine. And besides, I have to drive you home safely," he said and I smiled softly at him.

"No problem at all," I said. Truthfully, all these happenings made me forgot that, this guy sitting in front of me is actually younger than me by a year. Even a year, he's still in high school. That's right, he is a still a kid. But I just forgot for a moment there, that he was younger. I saw him as a man. He looked way more mature than I am.

The starter menu was set on our table and we started eating. We joked in the middle of our meal and we just talked. We were never out of topic, despite the fact that we never really stopped talking. It went on even until the desert was served. We really had a great time. Once all our meal was done, we had our table cleaned and he stood up.

"I'll be back," he said while giving me a smile, which I just reply with a questioning look.

**

Jonghyun's POV

I walked to corner of the restaurant, which placed a beautiful white grand piano, with a pianist in it. You're not hoping I would play that piano, right? 'Cause I'm not. Instead, I asked the waiters to prepare what I asked for them the day before. Yes, I came here yesterday and set things up, so that everything would be perfect. And so far, so good.

A waiter handed me a wireless mike with its stand and I put it right in front of me, with the height of my mouth. I saw Jessica stared at me with a questioning look, but I just shoot her a smile, a sweet smile.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlement. I hope I didn't interrupt your lovely evening," I chuckled at my own statement, gathering attention from all the people in the restaurant. "I would like to sing a song, specially dedicated to the beautiful lady over there," I pointed to Jessica and I saw a faint blush in her cheeks. I added with a wink as I heard the pianist started playing the song I asked him to play. Just then, I started to sing.

It always appeared before me

Your face, I remember

My heart that stopped short

You spitefully took my dysfunctional heart

And with your bright smile

That’s how you easily opened my heart

I kept on my stare fixed, unmoving, at her beautiful face, as I was singing with all of my heart, meaning every single word.

It’s true, that is how I became your man

All my unpleasant memories, I no longer recall

Because the hand that holds me tight is as warm as spring

 

And now like a dream my heart has gradually stopped by your side

Without awakening for a single moment, I dream an endless dream

 

And now like breathing,

If you were to always rest by my side,

If you were to always remain this way,

Nothing better, nothing better than you

Nothing better, nothing better than you

I saw her face softened and a smile started to form on her face. Her eyes were staring softly at me, as if she understands that I meant every word I sung.

And now like a dream, my heart

in your embrace, is held still

Without awakening for a single moment, I dream an endless dream

 

And now like breathing,

If you were to always rest by my side,

If you were to always remain this way,

Nothing better, nothing better than you

Nothing better, nothing better than you

I gave her one last smile, before ending the song.

Nothing better nothing better than you

(Nothing Better - Jung Yeob of Brown Eyed Soul)

Everyone in the restaurant was clapping at my performance, but I don't even bother their attention. I only had one person on my attention and I saw her eyes were watery, tears would burst off anytime sooner. But it was tears of happiness, I know. And besides, I'm here to wipe it off her. I took a bouquet of red roses that I hid behind the piano and went back to the microphone.

"Jessica Jung, Jung Sooyeon, I love you," I said the three magic words and a tear finally escaped from her eye. I immediately rushed to her side and went down on one knee.

"Don't cry, babe," I wiped her tear and she smiled.

"That was just so touching," she giggled and I gave her a kiss on her forehead before giving her the bouquet.

"I love you too, Kim Jonghyun," she said and I smiled widely.

**

"This is exactly perfect!" She said as soon as we got in the car. I started the engine and she smiled at me, "Thank you so much, babe. You really are amazing."

"I know that," I chuckled and she went along. "So I made your dreams come true, huh?"

"Correction, way better than what I dreamt of," she said and I felt amazingly satisfied.

"That's good," I said. "But it's not over yet, darling."

I started driving the car to my parents' residence. It's not that big, since they're rarely here in Seoul and I live with my friends, but it was pretty luxurious enough, I admit.

I kept on my gentleman act, rushing to open the car door for her, offering my arm for her, and leading her carefuly until we reached the backyard.

"Whose place is this?" She asked as soon as we were at the backyard.

           I took my hand away and walked to stand in front of her, so that now I'm facing her. "My parents'," I replied shortly and turned around. I wanted it to be perfect, like it movies where I can clap my hands and suddenly the lights are on. Or even more cool if I only have to snap my fingers. But it's only dramas. So I have to do this...manually.

I the little lights curled on the Christmas tree, which was around 2 meters tall. The lights made everything clearer and I have to say, it was a beautiful Christmas tree.

**

Jessica's POV

"Oh my, Jonghyun, that's just wonderful," I gasped as soon as I could saw the tall Christmas tree, which was about 40 centimeters taller than I am.

"You're more wonderful, baby," he hugged me from behind and rested his chin on my right shoulder. He wrapped his arms around my waist and he cupped my hands with his. "It's cold, huh?"

"Well, because you hugged me like this, it's not that cold anymore," I said and he chuckled. He suddenly pulled away one of his hand, which has a watch on it. He glanced at the clock. I could saw it and it was almost midnight already.

"Kim Jonghyun, it passed my curfew!" I said panickly, but without breaking the hug.

"I know," he replied calmly. "I already told your parents that I'm taking you away until late, and promised them that I won't do anything bad to you."

I gasped. "But you never met my parents," I said.

"Yeah, I kinda asked Krystal for help. And also I told her that I would personally apologize for taking you away until late. If they sleep already when I take you home, I'll come again in the morning to personally apologize," I was touched at his words. He sounded so responsible, and I love this side of him. Well, I love every single side of him, actually.

He put his hand to his pocket and took his phone. He dialed some numbers I didn't catch on and he put his phone on his ear.

"Now, please?" He said in a low voice and hung up the phone. I looked back to see his face but suddenly a loud bam distracted me. I saw the sky was colored. There were fireworks attacking the dark night sky with colors. A smile was formed slowly as I watched the fireworks.

I could see from the corner of my eye that Jonghyun was staring at the sky too, until suddenly he fixed his gaze to me. As I felt his gaze at me, I turned to face him and just then, his soft lips landed on mine. My eyes were shut at the contact and I kissed him back softly. The kiss was slow yet sweet.

"Merry Christmas," he smiled lovingly as soon as our lips parted.

"Merry Christmas," I replied with the same smile.

Yep, I have to admit, this was better- way better, than any of my dreams.

**

 

 

--------

too fluffy ? xD too drama-ish? xP

oh well, once again, 메리 크리스마스!! <3