New Year Special : Kai (Chapter 32)

Suddenly In Love

I feel bad if I don't include Kai and Sehun on the special chapter ~ xP

oh well, even if you skip this one, it's not much important. it's just showing how Kai feels, on the new year. he needs time to shine as well, i think ? xPP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Kai’s POV

                “Happy new year, Kai!!” I heard my best friend’s voice as soon as I opened the door.

                “I would have a heart attack soon if I’m still friends with you, Hyung,” I said in a sleepy voice. I was in a deep slumber until someone knocked my room’s door wildly, as if his life depended to it.

                “Sorry, Kai, I’m just super excited,” he added and walked into my room casually, as if it is his own room. He threw himself to my bed.

                “Why? Anything good happened?” I asked as I was rubbing my eyes, trying to clear my blurry vision.

                “I was on the phone all night with Sulli,” he said with his happy bubbly smile on his face. “And I don’t know why I’m just happy because of it.”

                I felt a cringe on my heart, but I insisted to smile despite of the pain I’m feeling. “Because of love, perhaps,” I said with a fake smile.

                He sat up and looked at me.

                “Perhaps…,” he said with a shy smile, followed by a faint-blush on his face.

                He is really in love with her, I knew it.

                “Did she say anything about your confession?” I asked, trying to be as casual as I could. His face went redder and I knew what he was going to say, I just knew that he would say-

                “She accepted officially me, on Christmas day,” he grinned happily.

                “Really?” I tried to sound as excited as I could. “Congrats, Hyung! I’m happy for you! Wait, no, I’m happy for the both of you!”

                “Thanks, Jongin,” he said softly and I smiled at him, even though my heart was crushed into pieces.

                I was too busy with my own thoughts to realize that Taemin kept on blabbering about how happy he is. I was staring into space, not listening about anything he said. I only could hear his one word, “Sulli…” and then nothing else I heard.

                I was such a fool to let myself fall this deep to her. Now that I fall so deep already, I couldn’t pull myself out. I don’t even think anyone could help me to pull myself out.

                “Kai? Are you listening?” he snapped my thoughts and I looked at him.

                “Yeah?” I asked. “Oh, right, sorry, I was too sleepy until I didn’t hear a thing you said,” I lied and he chuckled.

                “It’s okay, I don’t mind repeating it over and over again,” he said. “I’m just too happy!” he beamed.

                “Hyung…” I called. “I don’t want to hear it,” I blurted and his face fell, but he still had a soft smile on his face.

                “Well, okay, maybe next time!” he said in a cheerful tone. I guess he didn’t notice to broken voice I had. “Go get a shower so we can play the game!” he threw me my towel and I smiled at him, trying to hide my feelings, trying to show him that… nothing is wrong.

**

                “Cheer up, Kai, it’s not like Sulli is the only girl in the whole wide words. There are still plenty of fish in the sea,” Sehun patted my back when he saw me staring into nowhere, trying to get me back to my consciousness.

                “Easy for you to say,” I threw a pillow at him and he easily dodged it.

                “Hey, I’m going through the same thing as you are, remember?” he pointed to the bruise that is now getting much better.

                “Oh yeah…,” I muttered and he sighed.

                “Be happy, you’re Kim Jongin, for goodness sake!” Sehun threw back the pillow at me, and it hit me right on my face.

                “But you don’t get it. I like Sulli for a long long time,” I said.

                “I know, 4 years are not a short time, but hey… I still hold the record, I liked a girl for 8 years, but that girl was snatched away,” Sehun made a face as he said it.

                “You liked Krystal for 8 years?” I blinked in surprise and he threw another pillow at me.

                “Pabo, not her! A girl before Krystal,” he said and I nodded. “I think I mentioned her before.”

                “I forgot, maybe,” I shrugged and so did he.

                “And I’m currently struggling through my second heartbreak, but I’m doing perfectly fine,” he added.

                “That’s because you’re experienced,” I replied.

                “But still, the worst part is… although I didn’t get the girl because of different reason, but I didn’t get the both of them because of the same guy,” he said and I looked at him. His eyes were showing pure sadness. But he just shrugged it off and smiled at me.

                “Minho Hyung?” I muttered and he sighed.

                “You better be fine by dinner, Kim Jongin,” he left the room, leaving me alone to have a deep thought.

                I sighed before burying my head on the pillows.

                Suddenly the door creaked open.

                “Kai?” Sehun’s head popped from the door. “Just remember, it’s a new year,” he said. “It’s a new start. So take this new year as a new hope to you, to end that four-year-old love, try to open your heart to other girls.”

                Then the door was shut again.

                Why does suddenly Sehun, the bubbly ignorance kid, turned into a more mature and collected guy?

                But because of his words, I knew that I was ready to let go. It’ll take some time to forget her, but I’m willing to let her go.

**