Chapter 17

Suddenly In Love

 

Minho’s POV

                I took a deep breath to calm myself down. My fists were clenched tightly, ready to punch anything punch-able. I closed my eyes and took another deep breath. Calm down, Minho, calm down. I shoved my fists into my pockets and walked with anger to my car. I kicked a bottle that was scattered on the ground, while letting out a groan full of anger. I got into my car and leaned on the seat, holding my steer wheel and staring at the streets.

                Stupid Soojung! Why wouldn’t you listen to me?

                I hit my steer wheel once before starting my car and dashed off in a speed of light. I was heading toward a house that I’ve been coming to lately. I stopped my car in front of the house and just froze there. I closed my eyes and leaned back, trying to control myself. Once I feel calm enough, I walked out of my car and rang the bell of the house.

                I need to ring the bell twice until someone got out from the house. But unfortunately, the one who approached me wasn’t the girl I wanted to see.

                “Minho-ssi, isn’t it?” Jessica Noona asked as soon as she opened the gate. “Come on in. Jungie hasn’t been home yet, so you can wait for her if you want. I thought she’s gonna be home with you.”

                She hasn’t come home yet?

                “Ah, she’s not home yet? Then I’ll just go. You don’t have to tell her that I came,” I said with a smile.

                “Oh, okay. Then just be careful,” she said and I walked back to my car. She closed the gate and I leaned to the seat again. I’m going to wait for her. I have to explain everything today.

**

Krystal’s POV

                I was still sobbing while looking down. The car I’m in was not familiar. It is a different car for sure, but the scent was just different too. His car is filled with a sweet scent. This car also has a sweet scent, but it’s just different.

                I looked up when my tears were starting to stop.

                “You okay?” the guy who took me to this car asked, again. I realized that I have been ignoring a presence of someone whose car I’m being at. I turned to face him, not caring that my face would looked like in a mess.

                I looked at him for a while, trying to recall his name.

                “Do you remember me?” he asked again.

                I nodded slowly. “Sehun-ssi… Am I right?”

                He gave me a soft smile and nodded. “Glad you remember. Are you okay, Krystal-ssi?”

                “I’m fine, thanks. Sorry to… ruin your car like this,” I looked down and realized that his black leathered jacket was still wrapped around me. “And sorry to ruin your jacket as well. I’ll dry-clean it for you.”

                He chuckled. “No need. I was just trying to be a good friend.”

                I smiled weakly.

                “You know, if you wanna tell me what’s wrong, I’ll be glad to hear it,” he offered. I shook my head.

                “I wasted so much of your time already.”

                “No, you’re not. I am free and have a lot of time to waste actually,” he joked. I smiled at his words.

                “So I helped you to waste your time?”

                He chuckled. “Exactly! Thank you, Krystal Jung.”

                “Well, thank you, Oh Sehun. If it wasn’t for you, I would probably walk like a crying-zombie home right now,” I said and he smirked.

**

                Two hours being in a car with Sehun made me learned a lot of stuffs about him. I learned that he has an older brother. I also learned that he is only 6 months older from me, also that he lives nearby.

                “You had helped me wasting two hours of my life, Krystal-ssi. But those time wasted was probably one of the best time in my life,” he said. I chuckled.

                “You’re a great guy, Sehun-ssi. Thanks a lot,” I said, sincerely to every word.

                “As a token of your thanks, can you please stop calling me ‘Sehun-ssi’?” he said.

                “So… Sehun?” I asked.

                “Yeah, that sounds better,” he answered.

                “Okay,” I replied. “Then just call me Krystal.”

                “Deal,” he said.

**

                Sehun dropped me in front of my house as soon as we finished talking. I stepped out from his car as soon as he stopped the car. He also got out of the car.

                “Well, thanks again, Sehun-ssi,” I said as I was standing in front of him, bowing a little.

                “What did I say? Don’t call me ‘Sehun-ssi’,” he said.

                “Oh yeah, right,” I bit my lower lips. “Thanks, Sehun ah.”

                “Much better. You’re welcome anyway,” he smiled and he messed my hair.

                I fixed my hair and gave him a small smile. “You better go now,” I said.

                He nodded, “I guess so. You better go in first.”

                I nodded too and waved goodbye to him.

**

Minho’s POV

                I saw a car stopped in front of Soojung’s house. I was wondering who it was. The door for both driver and passenger’s seat were opened. I can saw Soojung was getting out with a smile on her face from the passenger seat, while a guy was getting out from the driver’s seat. I couldn’t see the guy’s face clearly, but he seemed… familiar. The guy turned around to talk to Soojung, and I saw his face clearly. It was Sehun, Oh Sehun.

                I clenched my fists as I saw them smiling to each other. I felt anger rushed inside me once again. My planned to apologize to that girl was immediately gone once I saw them. My eyes were locked to those two people who were chatting happily. Until Soojung got into her house, I still froze there. Even until Sehun’s car was gone, I still froze there. I don’t wanna leave this place, to be honest. But at the same time, I don’t wanna apologize to her after seeing her like that. I cupped my face with both of my hands, closing my eyes so that I could think clearly.

                After a minute staying at that position, I realized that I need to give her a little time for herself. I’m just gonna approach her tomorrow at school. Yeah, that’s right. Tomorrow would be good.

**

Krystal’s POV

                I woke up with a heavy head. I stood up lazily and saw my own reflection at the mirror. I looked horrible! My eyes were puffy and my face was pale. I touched my forehead to feel my temperature. It’s normal. I suddenly heard a knock on my door, it was my sister, no doubt. I walked to the door lazily to open the door, because I felt too weak to shout.

                “Soojung ah, you’re gonna be late!” she said in a panic mode. “Omo! Are you okay, Jungie?” Jessica Eonni immediately placed her hand on my forehead. “You’re temperature is normal, but you look… sick!”

                “I’m okay, Eonni, I’ll be down in a minute,” I replied as I gave her a smile- a weak one.

                “No, you’re not, Jung Soojung. Go back to bed!” I was being pulled by my sister and she pushed me to bed. “I have full schedule at my campus today, but I’ll try to go home early. As for you, just please don’t go anywhere, got it?” She pointed her finger at me, so I had no choice but to nod. I sighed in defeat when my sister crawled out of bed.

“I’ll make some porridge for you in case you’re hungry, okay?” she said before closing my room’s door.

I sighed as I stared at my room’s ceiling. Yeah… maybe not coming to school is the best thing to do for now. I need some more time to avoid… him.

**

Minho’s POV

                “Yo, dude!” Jonghyun jumped behind me when I was fixing my things in my locker. I turned around to see him after closing my locker. “What’s up with ya? You seemed like… in a mess.”

                I leaned to my locker and messed my hair. “I am kinda in a mess right now,” I sighed.

                “What about? Grades? Family? Ladies?” Jonghyun smirked at the end of the sentence. I sighed louder. “So it is about ladies!”

                “Good morning, Jjong, and good morning, Minho,” Key greeted with a happy smile. “What’s with Minho?” he asked blatantly.

                “Problem with the ladies,” Jonghyun answered.

                “Ladies? You mean lady?” Key repeated. “Oh my God, what happened to you and that Jung girl?”

                “That Jung girl has a name, and she is Soojung,” I paused for a minute. “Correction, it’s Krystal for you.”

                Key rolled his eyes. “What’s the difference? And the main thing, what’s the matter?”

                I sighed, and started to tell Key and Jonghyun everything.

**

                The fourth period, the class I’ve been waiting for. English with Mr. Kim! This would only happened once in a lifetime, because waiting for Mr. Kim’s class, is like waiting to be steamed alive. I walked into the class and sat in a vacant seat, staring at the door, hoping the figure of a girl I wanted to see would come in in any minute.

                “Okay, class, pay attention!” Mr. Kim instructed the students, but all I was focusing was the door.

                The class had started 15 minutes ago, but the girl I was looking for was not coming. I looked around to see if she came before me, so I didn’t saw her coming in, but zero. I didn’t see her. I sighed. Is she running away because she doesn’t want to see me?

                I tapped my finger nervously on my table- in a low tone of course, or else Mr. Kim would kill me for making sound in his class. I sighed. I just have to find her then.

**