Chapter 3

Suddenly In Love

 

Krystal’s POV

                “I heard that there’s a new transfer student from Thailand, and I heard he’s cute,” Victoria said in enthusiasm. “Have you heard of him? Oh, wait, you never heard about gossips,” Victoria continued. “But I’m curious, how cute is he? What’s his name anyway? Nichkhun? Right?”

                I hear Victoria keeps talking about that Thailand guy, whoever he is, somehow I like to hear Victoria talks about this stranger rather than about that Onew guy.

                “How about Onew?” I asked suddenly.

                “From his eyes, I think he’s just being friendly to me. I have a feeling that he had an eye for Luna,” Victoria replied, then she sighed. “Doesn’t matter, we’ll see if that Nichkhun guy can impress me more than Onew did.”

                “Speaking of Onew, I heard that you shouted today earlier in Mr. Kim’s class?” Victoria asked.

                What’s the connection between Onew and my English class anyway? But I don’t really care. I recall the scene, where Minho kept annoying me. Victoria listened to me, nodded her head a few times. “I think Minho likes you.”

                I froze at that statement. Then I laughed so hard. “Like me? Yeah, after an hour of meeting, he likes me,” I said in sarcasm. I think I used sarcasm a lot today, but who counts?

                “I’m serious, Kryssie, why don’t you try to flirt him? I mean, we’re still young, and free, you should find yourself a boyfriend.”

                And there Victoria goes, talking about dates, boyfriends, breakups, and LOVE. That one last word, is something that I didn’t believe. Well, I did when I was a kid, because this Ice Princess, actually had her first love, and it was so beautiful, until I saw my sister- the original ice princess, was hurted by some random guy. That’s why I decided to grow up being the Ice Princess that my sister Jessica failed to do. She’s still an Ice Princess, just her ice already melt a little. I think that’s good for her. But I won’t be like my sister and find someone that will melt this ice out of me. I wanna stay like this… forever.

                                                                                                                     **           

Minho’s POV

                I walked in to my math class and saw Victoria on the way. I thought I might get some info about Krystal from her. That’s why I walked faster to approach her. But when I was about to call her, she waved at her friend, who was walking to her.

 “Sulli!” she waved at her friend, Choi Jinri, or known as Sulli. She’s a first-year. I knew her because Taemin had a crush on her before, so yeah, she’s kinda familiar to me.

                “Yah, Eonni,” she waved back and smiled. She walked beside Victoria. I changed my mind and didn’t call her. But I kept on following her.

                “I’m heading to chemistry class now, Eonni,” Sulli said. I could hear their conversation clearly, because I am walking not too far from them.

                “Oh really? I have no class now, and as far as I remember, so does Amber. Where is that girl?” Victoria replied enthusiastically. “Anyway, with Ms. Chae, right?”

                “How do you know, Eonni?” Sulli asked.

                “I’ve seen Jungie’s schedule once. She ever said that she’s in the same chemistry and math class with you. I really envy you guys. You can be in the same class with Jungie, Luna can be in the same class with Amber, how about me? Being the only senior in our group really ,” Victoria whined.

                “You actually can be in a lower class if you didn’t pass a class,” I -unconsciously, in their conversation. I felt heat on my face. Crap! Now they’re looking at me like I’m some kind of an idiot. I smiled awkwardly. This is NOT the usual Flaming Charisma, Choi Minho. Where is the charismatic Minho? Instead you’re being a Flaming Fool, Minho. I cursed myself.

                “Oh, you’re that guy who was approaching my baby Jungie, right?” Victoria spoke up. I nodded slowly.

                “Choi Minho, isn’t it?” Sulli added. Yeah, finally someone knows me.

                “Yeah, how do you know me?” I asked Sulli with a satisfied smile.

                “I heard a lot about you from Taemin,” she replied.

                “Oh, right, Taemin. How’s him anyway?” Victoria suddenly said, forgetting my presence. I keep on walking near her despite the fact that I am invisible to her.

                Suddenly I heard a bump.

                “I’m sorry,” Sulli bowed as she was the one who bumped into a man. The man bowed back and also muttered apologizing words to her. I looked at him, he looked familiar.

                OH, right! That Thailand guy from this morning.

                “Nichkhun-ssi, right?” Sulli said, as soon as they finished their bowing session.

                “Oh, annyeonghaseyo, Sulli-ssi,” Nichkhun bowed again.

                I examined him well. People said that’s he’s hot, but I still think I’m hotter. He’s kinda… nerdy. What’s so hot about him?

                “Let me introduce you to my friend, she’s Victoria Song, a transfer from China,” Sulli introduced Victoria to him. She smiled and offered her hand for a shake. Nichkhun shook her hand and smiled back.

                “Oh, the guy from this morning!” NIchkhun shocked me by suddenly pointing at me.

                “Yeah, hey there,” Okay, he doesn’t know my name? How rude of him.

                “What’s your name? I’m sorry I forgot to ask this morning. But thanks for the information,” he continued.

                “Oh, this is Choi Minho, he’s a second year,” Victoria introduced me.

                “So your name is Minho?” Nichkhun asked.

                “Yeah, Choi Minho. Nice to meet you,” I said.

                “Nice to meet you, too,” Nichkhun replied.

**

After Sulli and Nichkhun went to their own classes, Minho decided to skip his class and have a good “bonding” time with Victoria.

“Minho yah, I was curious. Are you -by any chance, interested to my little Soojung baby?” Victoria said with cute tone. Her aegyo. She’s famous for that talent. But honestly wasn’t aware of her question. She’s really straight forward. We just officially met like a few hours ago.

                “Krystal you mean?” I asked, looking at her, trying to be comfortable with her question.

                “Yeah, who else?” Victoria giggled in a low voice.

                I think for a while. Am I? I was just wanted to play around, but yeah, I am kinda interested at her. Oh, heck, what am I saying? I am NOT interested at her. But if I say I’m not, I can’t ask further more to Victoria. But if I say I am… well, nothing is going to happen. So…

                “Yeah, I kinda am. So you wouldn’t mind helping me, right, Vic?” I said so. Victoria’s face lightens up.

                “Oh, this is going to be fun! Of course I’ll help,” she said happily.

                “Thanks, Vic. She’s such an ice princess, it’s hard to get to know her,” I continued.

                “Yeah, that’s true. But if you try you might melt her heart,” Victoria assured me.

                “I hope so. Well, what does she like?”

**

Krystal’s POV

                I laid flat on my bed as soon as I reach my bed room. It’s such a long day. I checked the clock on my phone. 16.34. I let out a deep breath and stood up, heading to my bathroom and took a refreshing shower. I washed my hair and cleaned myself. When I’m done with everything, I go out from my bathroom, to my dresser, and pick anything comfortable to wear. I brushed my hair after then, and suddenly hear a knock on my bed room’s door. It’s my sister.

                “Soojung ah, you have a visitor,” Jessica eonni said.

                “Who is it, Eonni?” I asked her, curious. I mean, no one will come to my house, except Victoria. And Victoria always calls me first before coming.

                “I don’t know. It’s a guy anyway,” she said. A guy? Okay, this is weirder. Is it probably Amber? Maybe my sister mistook Amber as a guy. “And he’s kinda hot.” And my sister thinks that Amber is a hot guy. Tsk, Amber and her tomboy charms. But why is she here?

                “You better go down, or he’ll be waiting too long,” Jessica Eonni continued.

                “Yeah, I’ll head down after this,” I said as Jessica Eonni close the door.

                I run my way downstairs on my tiptoes, thinking why Amber is here. But when I see “Amber”, she… I mean he, is a real he. Not Amber as what I assumed.

                “Minho?” I exclaimed in shock. He turned around and it is right, it is Minho. Why is HE here?

                “Oh, hey there,” he smiled and waved at me.

                “What are you doing here?” I asked him in an I-am-not-happy-seeing-you-here-at-my-house tone

                “I’m bored, so I’m taking you out,” Minho said in his most carefree tone.

                “Isn’t this rude? Coming to a girl’s house uninvited and “taking” that girl just like that?”

                “Well, yeah, it is. But I’ve talk to your Eonni, and she’s okay with it.”

                “What about my parents?”

                “Jessica Noona said she’ll take care of it. Now come on,” Minho grabbed my hand and pulled me. He holds my hand firmly, until I can’t break away from him.

                “Let me go, Choi Minho,” I yelled. But he doesn’t bother to listen. He keeps dragging me along.

                “Just this time, give me a chance to take you out and at least get to know you more,” he said, without looking at me, and still pulling me. But I can catch a glimpse that, he’s actually blushing! I smiled, somehow I am. And I couldn’t hide it. Although I’m still struggling, but I can feel that I’ve become weaker.

                “You should give a chance to Minho, he seemed nice.”

                I suddenly remembered what Victoria said earlier, when she was talking about boys and stuffs, that was the only thing that got into my head. Was he- I mean Minho, really into me? As if, really liking me?

                “I’ll go with you, after you let my hand go,” I said. Then he turns around, facing me. He sees my face and he releases my hand. We walked side by side with a bit… awkwardness. I’m not the type who starts conversation, so I was quiet all along. I wonder where he’s taking me.

                “Here we are,” he said. He’s taking me to an empty basketball field. “I heard you like sports, so it might be fun to have a game of basketball with you.”

                “Are you challenging me?” I looked at him.

                “You can say so. So? You in?” he looked back at my eyes. He has round dark brown eyes, which made his eyes look big. This is the first time I’m looking at a guy’s eyes this close. And also, without my intentions, this is the first time I actually mesmerized in a guy’s eyes.

                I snapped out of it suddenly. Pfft, Victoria’s words really blackmailed by brain.

                “But I’m not doing it for free,” I suddenly raised my voice.

**

Minho’s POV

                “But I’m not doing it for free,” Krystal snapped me out from getting drowned in her eyes. But… EH!? She wants to to pay!?

                “Whoever wins, get to enslave the loser,” she continued. Well, that’s not a bad idea. But, will she ever win from me?

                “Are you sure? I’m the best basketball player around,” I said teasingly.

                “That’s what you think. You haven’t seen any other players then,” she said. “For a week. Deal?”

                What if I lose? I mean, I can’t underestimate her, although she’s a girl. If I lose, she might ask me to stay away out of her, and it will hurt my pride too. But if I reject the deal, she might call me a coward and leaves.

                But … I won’t lose to a girl, especially to an Ice Princess. “Deal”

**