Chapter 4

Suddenly In Love

 

Krystal’s POV

                I didn’t know how good Minho was, but one thing for sure, I won’t embarrass myself there, even if I lose. I mean, he won’t torture me if I become his slave for a week. He might just ask me to walk around with him, following him around. I’m sure he has enough good manners, to not torture me too bad.

                “You get the ball first,” Minho said with a smile and handed me the ball. I just took it and dribbled the ball. He smirked as if he was trying to say that win from me is an easy thing. But I won’t let him win easily.

                I dribbled the ball to Minho’s left side, which was followed by his body of course. I was heading to the basketball ring, which I need to get the balls into. But I felt like an arm wrapped around me and take away the ball, then he just easily run with the ball and shoot the ball to the ring. The winner must score 30 points first, that’s why, although he had a good start, doesn’t mean he’ll win. He still has 28 points to go.

                He smirked at me as if he had his victory.

                “Pfft, you still have a long way to go to win. And I still have chance,” I said and he just smiled. I ran to the ball and start dribbling again. He’s starting to play easy on me. I realized that he was just walking to get the ball from my hand. I don’t like it when someone plays easy on me, but I need to win this time. So I don’t really mind. I guess I can get rid of him for the entire week at least. I shoot at the ring when I got close, but mother-fortune wasn’t with me that time. The ball didn’t get it. Minho laughed in victory.

                “Let’s make everything’s easier. The one who score 10 points, how?” he said between his laugh.

                Well, that will make me less tired, but NO. He has better chance in 10.

                “We deal on 30, so that’s what we’re going to take,” I replied.

                “Alright, at least I’ve offered,” he said and took the ball. He threw it to me though.

**

Minho’s POV

                We have been playing for about two hours, and I saw Krystal is already exhausted. Well, me too actually. I need to catch up my breath. Krystal is not bad for a girl. She caught up with me easily. Although I didn’t go easy on her anymore after she scored 8 points, which means she scored 4 already. Now it’s 26-28, close right. But Krystal won by 2 points now. I must catch up! I can’t lose to a girl, especially a girl with an ice temper.

                The ball was in my hand, and I ran fast to the ring already. I can see Krystal was still following me, trying to steal the ball from me. But it’s not an easy job, with that condition of her. Tired. I can see that she is really tired. I shoot the ball and it got in. YEAH! It’s equal now, 28-28. I can see that Krystal is murmuring something, some kinds of curse I guess. “One more shoot,” I whispered to her and gave her the ball. Although I really want to win, but I still have manners. The ball always starts from her.

                She took the ball carelessly, I guess she’s a bit mad now, that we both have the same chances to win. But I don’t care. I want her to be my slave for a week, or that what’s she calls it. For me she’s just a company, for a week. And maybe if I can melt her ice, maybe it’ll be more than a week. I smirked when I see her started dribbling the ball. I’ll win this!

                When she dribbled to my right, I immediately shifted my body to chase her and grabbed the ball, but unfortunately, I can’t reach the ball. So I ran really fast to get in front of her. When I did, I blocked her way with my body and hands, and I just got the ball, easily. I ran passing Krystal and toward my ring. This is it, my victory! I shoot the ball at the ring. And as if it was in slow motion, I saw my ball flying to the ring but … it didn’t get in! IT DIDN’T GET IN!

Krystal took that chance and grabbed the ball, quickly running to the ring and shoots her ball. I was too stunned to actually react quickly in order to get the ball back, instead I was standing there watching her. And the ball goes in. So she win…

She win…

SHE WIN! I lose to an ice princess, for God’s sake!

She’s heading over towards me with a victory smile. “I won, so please do me a favor, my dear slave,” she said. “Leave me for a week.” Just then, she turned around and left me there.

I was too stunned at the results that I can only stand there and stare at her. Don’t worry, Choi Minho, after a week, you can get close to her again.

But suddenly she fell down, as if she loses her consciousness.

I ran to her and asked, “Are you okay?” I have to admit that I was kinda worried of her.

                “I’m okay,” she said. Then she tried to stand up, I was trying to help her. “Leave me alone,” she continued with a weak tone. I can see her face is a bit pale. I quickly turned my body and bent down. “Hop on me,” I said, and after I said it, I felt my face heat.

                “No need,” she said, trying to walk on her own. She slowly walked, but I know that she’s in pain. I held her arms and pulled her. She turned around automatically and I lifted her in bridal style. She is really light, that explains why she has such petite body. “YAH! Put me down!” she hit my chest but I don’t care. I kept on walking. “YAH!!”

                “You almost lost your consciousness. How can I let you go home by yourself,” I said. Krystal kept on hitting my chest but I still don’t care. Her punch wasn’t that hurt anyway.

                “Fine, I’ll get on your back, but don’t carry me this way,” Krystal said, and she looked away, stopped hitting me.

                “Promise?” I asked. It wasn’t really comfortable carrying her that way though, the neighborhood might see, and they’ll start talking about us if they do.

                “Promise! Now put me down, fast!” she ordered me. Well, that’s how she sounds, ordering me. And yeah, I am the slave, so that’s what she is supposed to do, ordering me.

                I put her down and bent down again, letting her to ride on my back. I felt her arms were curled around my neck and she leaned her body to my back. I lifted her easily and start walking. It was such an awkward moment. We were quiet all along the way to her home. We were busy on our own thoughts. But suddenly she broke the silence, “Forget about my first order.”

                Did I mishear? “What?”

                She’s quiet for a while. “Forget about my first order,” she said, emphasizing every word. I smiled when she said that. But why did I smile?

**

Krystal’s POV

                “Forget about my first order,” I said.

                “What?” he seemed like he doesn’t believe his own ears. And so do I actually. Half of me actually regret saying it, but half of me actually … like the fact that … I said it. I said that I don’t want him to leave me alone. And somehow there’s a part of me like my saying. What am I thinking about!?

                “Forget about my first order,” I repeated it, and this time, I emphasized each word.

                “Why?” he said with a smile. Although I can’t see his face, but I know he’s smiling.

                “I might need you to carry me again if I still can’t walk tomorrow,” I quickly said that as a reason. Not a good one, but who cares. I don’t even know why I said that. When he helped me, I just felt like, maybe he can protect me. He smiled wider. “But I’ll still tell you to shut up if you start to be noisy again,” I continued.

                “Don’t worry, Princess, I’ll do anything for you,” he said. Tsk, too… cheesy. But I can’t help it, I smiled with no reason. “You like being carried by the handsome me, don’t you?”

                “EH!?” I hit his back and he yelled in pain. “I was just too tired until everything seemed spinning around for a while. And besides, what’s the use of a slave if you can’t tell him what to do, to make my life easier. Now I don’t have to let a lot of energy to walk to home after hours of playing basketball with you. And again, you’re sweating too much after the game, you stink, so why would I like it?”

                He laughed. “You talked too fast,” he said. “And too long.”

                I blushed. It’s the first time I talk this much to a stranger. Or is it? Is he really is a stranger to me? I don’t think he’s a friend, yet he’s not a stranger. I won’t let him carry me if he’s a stranger, but I won’t hate him if he’s a friend. Wait, do I hate him? I think he’s okay, why should I hate him? Oh, right, he’s noisy, so I hate him.

                “I don’t believe when people said that the Ice Princess never talks so much,” he continued. “Because I’ve already saw her talking that much already.”

                “I won’t talk too much again from now on,” I said. “So don’t hope I can be the melted-ice princess to you.”

                Just then I saw my house. In my brain, I keep saying prayers that actually we’ve arrived. But one other part, which I can’t explain, wants me to stay on his back.

                “Alright, Princess,” he said. Then he stopped in front of my gate, still carrying me and pressed the bell.

                Jessica Eonni came out from the house and opened the door, in a weird stare at both Minho and I. But she suddenly forgot about Minho carrying me when she saw my pale face. Every time I lose my consciousness, I always looked pale. “Soojung ah, are you okay?” she helped me went down from Minho’s back.

                “I’m okay, Eonni,” I said with a smile. “Eonni, go in first, I’ll lock the door. I want to talk to…,” I looked at Minho first. Then I continued my sentence, “my friend first.”

**