Christmas Special : Taemin-Sulli (Chapter 26)

Suddenly In Love

Taemin’s POV

                “Yah, it’s four days left to Christmas, any special plan?” Onew Hyung asked as soon as he sat on the dining chair. Key Hyung, who was spreading some jam to his bread immediately beamed happily at the question.

                “Yes! Oh, yes!” he beamed, putting away the bread he was holding earlier. “Amber and I are going to shop for Christmas tomorrow, because she will go to the States the day after. We’re going to buy presents, and fyi, I’m going to buy some for you guys,” he continued.

                “He’s trying to say that we should get him presents,” Jonghyun Hyung added and everyone, except Key Hyung burst out laughing. Key Hyung threw a napkin at Jonghyun Hyung’s face, but he succeeds to avoid it. “Then what are you doing, Dino?” He asked Jonghyun, in a sarcastic tone, as if trying to say: you don’t have anything to do for Christmas, huh?

                But I think Key Hyung forgot something…

                “Bought something for Jess and I’m going to have a Christmas date with her,” Jonghyun Hyung answered easily and Key Hyung made a face.

                “Shoot, I forgot that you got a girl this year,” Key Hyung cursed himself.

                “Then what are you doing, Minho?” Jonghyun Hyung nudged Minho Hyung who was sipping his morning coffee.

                “A date with Ice Princess Jung, eh?” Key Hyung winked at Minho Hyung. Jonghyun Hyung glared at Key Hyung and something suddenly hit Key Hyung. “Oh, right, your Jessica Jung is also Ice Princess Jung,” Key Hyung rolled his eyes. “But anyway, Minho?”

                “I… haven’t really decided,” Minho Hyung mumbled his answer.

                “Don’t you think you’re being a bit slow, Minho?” Key Hyung asked and I saw Onew Hyung nodded slowly, as if he agreed with Key Hyung.

                “Ishh.. It’s just I haven’t found any idea, I’m not slow,” Minho Hyung defended himself. “What about you, Onew Hyung?”

                “Me?” Onew Hyung stopped eating his cereal. “I have a date with Luna of course!” he beamed.

                “Great!” Key Hyung said. “This year I don’t have to watch you eat your precious chicken alone at home!”

                Everyone laughed once again.

                True, last year only Onew Hyung stayed at home during Christmas. And when all four of us were home, we found him eating buckets of chickens. And when I said buckets, I really mean buckets.

                “Lastly, maknae,” Jjong Hyung glanced at me. “Me and Sica, Onew and Luna, Minho and Krystal, Key and his shopping…”

                “Ahem! I’m shopping with Amber, if you forgotten,” Key Hyung cut Jjong Hyung off.

                “Right, Key and Amber,” Jjong Hyung emphasized Amber Noona’s name. “How’s it goin’ between you and Choi Sulli?”

                I chocked at the bread I was chewing earlier after hearing Sulli’s name.

                “Easy, Taem,” Minho Hyung handed me a glass of water and patted my back.

                “What about Sulli?” I grinned sheepishly after I succeed digesting the piece of bread.

                “How are you and her?” Jjong Hyung grinned teasingly, and so was Key Hyung. They’re kinda creeping me out for a while. If I hadn’t known them for so long, I might think they are some kind of… weird people.

                “We’re good friends,” I said, eating another bite of bread.

                “Ooohhh,” Key Hyung made a teasing comment. “Just friends, eh?”

                I nodded. “Yeah…”

                “You don’t wish to be more than friends?” I felt my cheeks burnt as soon as Key Hyung asked so. Key Hyung stood up and went to my side. He bent down to level his head with mine. He poked my cheeks. “Aigoo, maknae is blushing,” he said. “I take that as you want to be more than friends.”

                My face went even redder. “Hyungggg,” I whined cutely so that he stopped teasing me.

                “Speaking of you and Sulli,” Minho Hyung nudged my side. “I thought you confessed to her already?”

                I nodded shyly. Four of the older guys looked at me teasingly. “And?” Jonghyun Hyung asked.

                “And what?” I replied.

                “You know, what does she say?” Jonghyun Hyung.

                “I don’t know,” I shrugged. “She never really tells me her answer so far.”

                To think of it, why haven’t Sulli give me an answer yet? Is that mean she’s gonna reject me again? Aish, everyone made me lost my appetite for breakfast.

**

Sulli’s POV

                “Sulli!” I saw Taemin waved with a wide smile on his face as soon as he caught my attention. I smiled back softly and waved back. We promised to meet here in this park, located near my house. He ran towards me and waved again- cutely. I chuckled.

                “So is there anywhere you wanna go?” He asked as we were strolling around the park.

                “Well, I was thinking that maybe we could find something for my cousin in Japan,” I replied and he gave me a small nod.

                “That’s right, you’re going to Japan, aren’t you?”

                I nodded as a respond.

                “Sounds fun,” he said.

                “Yeah, it is…,” I replied. But it would be a lot more fun if I got to spend it with you instead.

**

                In the end, we decided to go to Insadong to do some Christmas shopping. He told me that Key Oppa wanted some presents too, so we might buy for him too. We went from shop to shop to find presents, both for my cousins, and for Taemin’s Hyungs.

                And now we are inside a small clothes store, and something caught my eyes. It’s a shirt with blue and white stripes. I smiled as I was checking the shirt. It would look absolutely great on Taemin. Should I buy him one? I thought for a while as I was glancing at Taemin, who was busy finding something for his Hyungs. A smile crept into my face when I saw him so busy browsing the entire rack. His face was so serious that it looked kinda cute to me. I decided to buy the shirt and asked the ahjumma to wrap it.

                “What’s that?” Taemin suddenly popped beside me and asked about the wrapped shirt.

                “It’s a present, you see,” I replied and he chuckled.

                “I know it is a present, but what’s inside?” he asked again.

                “Since we are in a clothes shop, it’s a clothing piece of course,” I replied again, this time I stuck out my tongue and he chuckled again.

**

Taemin’s POV

                We were walking again, from shops to shops until she found everything on the list. I also found each presents for my Hyungs, but I still got one present left. I glanced at Sulli who seemed tired from all the walking.

                “Should we get some ice cream?” I suggested and she nodded with a smile. We ended up in an ice cream shop and I bought her a chocolate flavored ice cream, just like what she wanted. I gave her her ice cream and sat in front of her.

                “Thank you,” she said as she took the ice cream.               “You didn’t get one for youself?” she asked and I shook my head. “At least try a little?” she pushed her ice cream to me and gave me a signal to try some.

                I pushed back the ice cream to her and smiled. “You can eat it all, I’m good with just watching you,” I said and just then I saw her cheeks went pink. I smiled as if I got my victory. I always been happy if I’m able to make her blush, even a faint blush would make me happy.

                “One bite?” she scooped a spoonful of ice cream and held it right in front of my mouth. I felt my cheeks went hot. I wanted to mentally slap myself. Don’t blush, Taemin! Don’t blush! You’re a man, so don’t blush!

                But then Sulli chuckled, “Just open your mouth.”

                I shyly opened my mouth and she fed me the ice cream she was holding earlier. She chuckled again.

                “It’s good, right?” she asked and I nodded, then she scooped another ice cream and ate it herself.

                That’s… indirect kiss, right?

                I blushed even more, but I looked away so that Sulli won’t notice. What kind of man that will blush like this? Aish, stupid Taemin!

**

                We decided to call it a day when it was around 5 PM. So we walked side by side to go to the subway station. I was carrying half of her bags, because she didn’t want me to carry all of her bags.

                “Taemin ah,” she called. I felt my heart ached when she called me so. I should be happy if she called me that, right? That means we are close enough. But somehow, I wanted her to call me ‘Oppa’. “I’m going to the restroom for a minute, okay?” she said and I nodded with a smile. I took her bags which she refused to give to me earlier and now my hands are full. I looked around to search for something that is perfect to be my one last present I was looking for. But nothing seemed perfect.

                “I’m back,” suddenly Sulli’s voice was heard and I turned to face her.

                “Okay, let’s go then,” I replied and she nodded.

                We chatted and joked on the way to her home as we were walking side by side. And time goes by quickly, we already arrived in front of her house. She took her bags from me, which I refused to give back before.

                “Thanks a lot, Taemin,” she said sweetly and I gave her a soft smile.

                “You better go in now,” I said, trying to sound as cool as possible.

                “Well…,” Sulli looked down and browsed her bags. “Since I’ll go to Tokyo tomorrow, and we wouldn’t be able to meet tomorrow, I wanted to give you this.” She handed me a box from earlier store.

                “What’s this?” I asked as I received her present.

                “It’s your Christmas present from me,” she said as she looked down, and I saw her slightly blushing. I smiled at her and thanked her.

                “Can I open it now?” I asked and she nodded slowly. I opened the box while smiling sweetly, excited about the present.

                “I’m sorry if you don’t like it,” she mumbled as I saw what’s inside the box. It was a blue and white striped shirt.

                “I love it. Thanks a lot, Sulli,” I said and she smiled. Seeing her smile, I felt guilty. I didn’t have anything for her, although I did try to find. “I’m sorry,” I muttered slowly.

                “Huh? Why are you saying sorry?” Sulli blinked at me and this time I looked down.

                “I’m sorry I didn’t get you anything,” I mumbled in a low voice.

                She chuckled. “It’s okay. You accompanied me all day to find these presents, so it’s more than enough for my Christmas present from you,” she said.

**

                Guiltiness was eating me alive, because Sulli already gave me an early Christmas present. I wanted to be the one who gave the present first, instead of getting mine first. I held Sulli’s present, which she gave last night and sighed.

                “What are you sighing about, Taem?” Minho Hyung barged in my room, exactly when I let out a loud sigh.

                “Nothing,” I mumbled.

                “Okay,” he walked to my desk and looked for something. “Did you see my papers?” he asked and I shook my head. “Okay, thanks,” he headed to the door. But I called him before he was able to open the door.

                “What if you couldn’t find anything for Krystal’s Christmas present?” I suddenly asked and he shrugged.

                “Hmm… Maybe I make something for her? Or take her somewhere nice?”

                Just then… An idea struck on my mind.

                “That’s it!” I jumped off my bed, leaving the box and hugged Minho Hyung. “You’re the best, Hyung!”

                I grabbed my iPod, headphones, and mini speakers, then left the room, leaving Minho Hyung dumbfounded.

                “Yah, Maknae, eat your breakfast!” I heard Key Hyung’s voice but I was in a hurry to stop for a breakfast.

                “Sorry, Hyung, I skip breakfast today,” I wore my coat, put on my shoes, and dashed outside, plugging my earphone to my ears. I played Jay Park’s Girlfriend and started moving my body to the beat of the music.The song was replayed over and over again while I was walking to Sulli’s house.

                As soon as I arrived in front of her house, I took a deep breath, hoping that she hasn’t leave yet. I rang the bell and in a minute, Sulli popped her head outside the door. I waved at her and she looked at me confusedly.

                “Taemin ah, what are you doing here?” she asked as she was opening the door for me.

                “I want to show you something,” I smiled at her as I said so.

                “Huh?”

                “Stand over there,” I said and walked backwards a little. I took out my iPod and plugged it into the mini speaker I took earlier. Sulli stared at me in an even more confused look. “Just watch,” I said and started the music.

                Jay Park’s song started and I started dancing, moving along with the beat.

Just by looking at you, the feelings come – it’s electrifying
I keep imagining you and me going somewhere together
You’re not but I keep mistaking you as my girlfriend
If you smile at me just once, I can’t handle it
Your good traits are 10 out of 10, even your flaws are perfect
Your thoughts repeat just like a hook from a song
You’re the director to my movie of love

In my dream, it’s you
I learned Korean in order to talk to you
We are meant to be – I’ve been infected with you
Just like my left hand claps, you are my only pair
I sang, will you believe me? Yes, you can believe me
I’m a meat restaurant, when you’re scared, I’ll order some assurance
When you can’t take on the hardships,
Like Houdini’s magic, I will make your scars vanish

I started to saw a spark in Sulli’s eyes, as if she was anticipating my moves. It made me even more confident and I danced with full of energy.

Even if you hear bad things about me, trust me baby
People don’t know how I feel but you’re the one for me
I’m not normally like this – I used to have a lot of girls before
But from now on, I will only look at you – baby you’re all I need
Just be my girlfriend, my girlfriend, my girlfriend, my girl
Be my girlfriend, my girlfriend, my girlfriend, my girl

Will you go out with me?
I want to be happy with you
Just be my girlfriend, my girlfriend, my girlfriend, my girlfriend

Wherever I go, girls hit on me
Yes, I admit, I used to be a playboy in the past
But don’t worry, I’m not going to secretly do something else
I only have you – let’s give our love a try
I miss you so much that I could die
You’re not a comedian but you keep making me laugh
Every time I see you, my brightly smiling face appears
You are a beautiful melody like ladadada
I want to travel far away with you – Let’s take the train and go
I can’t express this with words – you’re the most beautiful girl
I don’t have a cold but I have a fever
Just looking at your picture makes me swoon like a fan

I spun around, slide myself from side to side, following the rhythm of the song.

I’m not normally like this – I used to have a lot of girls before
But from now on, I will only look at you – baby you’re all I need
Just be my girlfriend, my girlfriend, my girlfriend, my girl
Be my girlfriend, my girlfriend, my girlfriend, my girl

Will you go out with me?
I want to be happy with you
Just be my girlfriend, my girlfriend, my girlfriend, my girlfriend

No matter how much I look, you’re a cutie
We look really good together
I only have you
Please believe in me
Even if I live a thousand years, I will never see a girl like you
So please be my baby

Just be my girlfriend, my girlfriend, my girlfriend, my girl
Be my girlfriend, my girlfriend, my girlfriend, my girl

Will you go out with me?
I want to be happy with you
Just be my girlfriend, my girlfriend, my girlfriend, my girlfriend

                At the end of the song, I found myself panting because I danced with all I have. Sulli clapped her hands in response and she smiled at me. I smiled back at her, with my shoulders still moving up and down.

                “What was that for?” she chuckled as she walked closer to me.

                I was still panting hardly, “Advance Merry Christmas, Choi Jinri. This is my Christmas present for you.”

                Sulli’s smile grew wider and I felt like I’ve succeed.

                “I hope you like the present,” I said sheepishly while rubbing the back of my neck.

                Suddenly a pair of arm wrapped around my neck. Sulli was hugging me.

                “It was a great present,” she whispered and I hugged her back. “Thank you.”

                We stayed still on that position until she broke the hug. “Why did you choose that song?” she suddenly asked.

                I had no idea why, but somehow my lips escaped an answer, “Because I’m still waiting for your answer.” Sulli’s cheeks went red and I felt so did mine. I smiled sheepishly and continued. “Will you be my girlfriend?”

                Sulli chuckled slowly and her entire face went red. I felt my face heat up too, so I looked away, unwilling to meet eyes with her. But then I realized something. Man up, Lee Taemin! Look at her!

               I took a deep breath before turning back to see her on her eyes, and she smiled softly. She gave a small peck on my cheek before taking one step back. “I’ll call you on Christmas day and you’ll see my answer later,” she replied and turned around. She left me there alone, but I feel satisfied, because I know what’s the answer would be.

**

 

 

----------------------------------------

this chapter is totally the longest chapter of the entire story so far xPP

I'm going to do a christmas special for each pairings :"3 but sadly i wont be able to post excatly on christmas day... so yeah XP

well..., who should be next ? xP

OH! and please give me a suggestion. would it be better if Sehun ended up with an OC, or should I pair him up with someone? :3

please do comment and give me your suggestion. commenting a little wouldn't hurt right? ;D

thank you <3