Chapter 16

Suddenly In Love

 

Krystal’s POV

                I was drying my wet hair with a towel when suddenly my phone beeped a notification that I received a message. I saw the sender’s ID and smiled to myself. I put down my towel and opened the message.

                                From : Choi Minho
                                Yo! Do you know me? xD

                I giggled at his text. Is he stupid or what? Didn’t he give me his number before? How could I not know that it’s him? Silly…

                                To : Choi Minho
                                You’re my new driver right? Please be in time tomorrow, I need to get to school on time.

                In just a few minutes, I got my reply.

                                From : Choi Minho
                                No, I’m not your driver. You don’t know me?
ㅠ.ㅠ

          I typed back my reply.

                                To : Choi Minho
                                I’m just kidding, Minho, stop being silly :P

 

From : Choi Minho
Can’t you call me ‘Oppa’? I’m older you know ._.

 

                                To : Choi Minho
                                Sadly, I don’t want to :P

 

                                From : Choi Minho
                                Fine ._. Then what time should I pick you up tomorrow?

 

                                To : Choi Minho
                                So you ARE my new driver! xD
                                Just pick me up as usual, please
J

 

                                From : Choi Minho
                                So I am allowed to pick you up every day? ;D

 

                                To : Choi Minho
                                Luckily, yes. Happy now?

 

                                From : Choi Minho
                                Very ;D
                                Well, have a good night sleep. Good night, Princess ;D

                I rolled my eyes when I read the word ‘Princess’. Pabo Minho, don’t call me ‘Princess’. I continued drying my hair with my towel, which was abandoned for a while. I kept on drying my hair as I was smiling to my own reflection in the mirror. I don’t know what makes me happy, but whenever I think about Minho, I had that little something that’s moving in my stomach- which people called as butterflies, I had that heartbeat rush, and even sometimes I found myself smiling alone.

                I sighed at my own reflection. Although everything seemed so wonderful to me, I’m actually kinda scared of what will happen in the future. I’ve been closing myself to the world for years now, it’s impossible that only takes one guy for me to start opening myself to the world. But the fact is… it does take only one guy. And that is Minho, Choi Minho.

                I put my towel back to the hanger and walked to my sister’s room. I knocked slowly and then I heard my sister yelled, telling me to come in.

                I opened the door and walked. I saw her holding a photo album, which is now already closed and she put the album beside her, who was sitting on the edge of her bed.

                “Anything’s wrong, Jungie?” she asked me as she was giving a sign for me to sit next to her. I did as she signed me to.

                “Actually nothing’s wrong. I just wanted to have a little chat with you,” I said and Jessica Eonni nodded in response. “So how’s life in collage, Eonni?”

                “It has been great! My friends were fun to be with, and many guys are checkin’ me out,” she chuckled at her answered.

                “Really? Is there anyone catching your eyes?” I asked, enthusiastically.

                “There are some…,” she paused. “But just because they’re handsome, smart, talented, or exactly my type. None of them really made me fallen for them.”

                “How do you know that you’re falling for someone, Eonni?”

                “Oh my God, my baby is falling in love, isn’t she?” Jessica Eonni poked my sides and I blushed a little at her statement. “Aigoo, I am right, aren’t I?” she chuckled happily.

                “Yah, Eonni,” I hit her arm lightly as she continued to chuckle. “I am not, I was just wondering.”

                “Aigoo, okay, okay,” Jessica Eonni’s laughter started to stop. “But really, do you have anyone you like, Jungie?”

                I blushed even more and hesitantly gave my sister a small nod.

                “Oh my, tell me who is it!” Jessica Eonni shook my arm as I bit my lower lips. “It’s that Minho guy who drive you to school every morning isn’t it?”

                I didn’t give her any answer, but she read my mind. “I knew it!”

                She gave me a tight hug.

                “No wonder my baby has been a bit cheerful lately,” she chuckled as she let go of the hug.

                “Eonni, you’re overreacting. I’m just starting to like him. I don’t think I love him for now,” I replied. “But Eonni…”

                Her playful expression turned into serious expression.

                “Honestly I’m afraid…”

                “What are you afraid of?”

                “I don’t wanna get hurt like you did.”

                “Soojung ah, listen,” Jessica Eonni grabbed my shoulder and looked deeply into my eyes. “What happened to me, was my own little story. Everyone’s got their own story, and no one would have the same story. And even if things turn out to be bad, all you need was just time and support from your loved-ones, like me. As you see, I moved on now. I might be a little melancholic at some times, but it’s just basically because I missed his presence. But overall I’m fine, and I’m ready for other guys. Just… I don’t find the right one for now. It just takes time.”

**

                It was a typical Tuesday, just like other weekdays, where Minho picked me up, we talked about our classes for the day, he walked me to my class sometimes, and sometimes he waited for me in front of my class. It was all just the same until when we were on our way home.

                “Soojung ah,” Minho called in the middle of the silence. He glanced at me once in a while, while keeping his sight on the street. I turned my head to look at him. “Do you have anything to do today?”

                I thought for a while. “Not really. Why?”

                “Then can we spend the entire day together? Just the two of us?” Minho asked with a soft voice, which made me shiver a little, but at the same time it made my heart beats faster and my blood rushes through my veins.

                I gave him a small nod, “Sure.”

                He drove into a small park, near my house. The park was only about a block away from my house. I visited this park a lot when I was a kid. But I don’t visit here anymore lately. The park was full of little kids, as always. He stopped his car and he walked out of the car. He opened the car door for me and led the way. I tailed behind him, as he kept on walking, passing through some happily-playing kids. He sat down in a bench on a corner, and so I sat down next to him. We kept quiet for a few minutes, until he broke the silence.

                “You know, I’ve been visiting this place a lot lately.”

                “Oh…”

                “Soojung ah, I have something to say,” he said suddenly, as he turned his head to face me. I turned my face to him as well, until our eyes met. “Today is my last day for me being your slave. Remember?”

                I nodded slowly, afraid of what he’s going to say. Is he going to leave me? Or is he going to ask me to stay away?

                “Don’t you have anything to ask me for maybe… well, the last time?” he asked, slowly.

                “What do you mean by last time?”

                “Well, it’s just I won’t be your slave anymore, so…,” I cut him off.

                “So, what? You’re gonna leave me? Is that what you mean by last time?” I scoffed. “So you were just being nice because you’re my slave? So all this time, you being nice was just some kind of an act?”

                “Soojung, listen…”

                “Listen, Minho. I thought you’re a nice guy, but unfortunately I was wrong, you’re just like what all those people say, a jerk. I wonder if those gossips that you were only trying to get close to my sister are true. Were you just being nice to me because you’re my slave? Or were you just using the slavery excuse to get close to me, so that you could get close to my sister?”

                “You don’t get it. Listen to me first, please.”

                “What was that? You want me to listen to you? What am I going to hear now? Your alibi? I heard about everything, Minho. I know you’re the Noona-killer, I was just too dumb to think that you’re not using me to get close to my sister!”

                “Jung Soojung, listen to my explaination!” Minho raised his voice. I stayed quiet, waiting for him to continue. But he didn’t say anything. He just stared at me.

                “I think I heard enough. Goodbye, Minho,” I said as I turned around and walked away.

                Honestly I wanted him to follow me and said that all of my expectations were wrong, but he didn’t do anything. So that means all that I said was right, right? I can’t believe I fall for his stupid act! Stupid Soojung!

                I walked faster as soon as I felt my eyes were watery. I’m sure my tears would come out just anytime sooner. I walked passing a few houses when suddenly I heard a voice calling my name.

                “Krystal-ssi?”

                I didn’t dare to look up. Instead I was trying to hold back my tears that kept on rolling down my cheeks.

                “Krystal-ssi, are you okay?” the guy who was calling me bent down to see my face, but I looked away. He took of his jacket and put it around me. “Let’s just go,” he dragged me to his car and I followed him, kept on sobbing a little.

**

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was planning to post this yesterday xD but my connection slowed down, so yeah ... xD

as my token of apology, i'll do double update today ;D