Chapter 2 ~ The Dragon

The Beast Knight Rises

[i re-editted the first chapter, if you didn't catch it yet please re-read it first. DuJun is now a cop, and Hyuna owns two cats to keep her company at her apartment.]

 

 

Hyuna awoke the next morning with both Slick and Jazz sleeping at her feet. Jasmine's head perks up as Hyuna sits up in bed and looks around the apartment. Slick opens his eyes and looks at her, but otherwise, he doesn't move. The sun is shining in through the window onto her bed, and the streets below already sound awake and busy. Hyuna hops out of bed and changes into a pair of khaki pants and another white top. She pulls her messy hair into a pony tail and quickly brushes her teeth and does her makeup. She slips on a pair of black flats and grabs her keys off the counter. Behind the door to her apartment, she wheels out her blue and black bicycle; styled like a type of BMX bike with good speed and sleek look. On her way out, she looks back at the two cats still snoozing on the bed. She smiles to herself as she closes the door quietly for them and then hurries downstairs with her bike. She wheels it out into the busy streets of the city as people are already up for work, shopping, and community. A group of younger boys ride their bikes by quickly, pretending to be racers; they're followed by a couple lagging girls on their own pink and white bikes. Hyuna smiles and rolls her eyes as thoughts of her own childhood come to mind. She pushes those thoughts away as she jumps onto her bike and starts peddling east; she's due at the restauraunt as a waitress by ten. 
As she goes, she's suddenly joined by the very loud BAP group that just so happen to be coming out of an alley way on her way through town. She laughs as she speeds up to avoid them, but she can hear their calls behind her as they work to keep up.
"Hey, Kim HyunA!" Guk calls with his deep voice as he stands on his bike to ride faster.
"Where are you going, cutie?" HimChan teases.
"Hey come back!" "Let's go to the skate park, Hyuna!" "You never play with us anymore!" the others chime in as they catch up with her. 
"Hey, where you headed?" Guk asks as he comfortably sways back and forth next to Hyuna as they ride on. 
"Work." she smiles.
"It's always work." Yong Guk whines.
"Gotta work to live."
"No you don't. We don't."
"I'm not  a theif, Guk." Hyuna scoffs, knowing it wasn't completely true. Back when she dated her first boyfriend, Guk was well aware that Hyuna had often gone along on their "trips" through town. 
"I never said that you were! But yah! We're not theives either!"
"Then how do you get your money?"
"We opened up this really cool place where we fix up people's skating equipment for them."
"Guk...that's called work."
"Not if it's something you love." 
Hyuna stops arguing with him in order to think about it. Can doing something you love be called work? Must you hate work to have it called work? If you loved what you did then...what would that be called? She shakes her head to get the confusing words out. She never liked working but she always had a job. At least not until she actually got the internship with Seoul Headline. 
"So anyways," Guk continues in Hyuna's silence, "How about after your work we can hang out like we used to? It's been a really long time. Why don't you let me take you out?"
"Hey yeah good idea!" Zelo yells. "We can all go out after she's done!"
"Soju!" HimChan laughs.
"Does HimChan have to come too?" JongUp mumbles with a smirk.
"Yeah HimChan gets crazy when he drinks." DaeHyun laughs.
"None of us should really be drinking anyways," YoungJae scolds, "Only Yong Guk and HimChan hyungs are of legal drinking age."
"Yah!" Guk shouts back to the group, "That's not what i meant!" 
Hyuna laughs as she peddles harder to get ahead of the crazy BAP boys. She quickly cuts over and off the sidewalk, into the street. 
"I'll think about it!" she calls over her shoulder as she peddles across the street and down the alley of the restaurant she works at. 

She doens't have to work too long, and the day goes by quickly as she waits on tables and helps the customers. For a tomboy with a past, she's quite cute and sweet and kind with all the customers which earns her decent tips; however, there are always those that make it harder on anyone beneath them. Seoul was a beautiful city and full of wonderful people; but just like anything else, there was a darker side that hid within. Just like day and night, the city was torn in two. 

Hyuna drags her feet back to the alley and picks up her bike after her days work. She throws her legs over and starts to ride towards the street. She she nears the bright sidewalk, a figure that she hadn't seen before sticks their leg up on the wall to block her path. She slides the bike to a hault to see Yong Guk leaning up against the wall, smirking at his own feet. He looks up to her and smiles as he brings his leg down.
"Have you waited here all day?" Hyuna asks as she slowly rides past.
"No," he answers as he walks alongside, "The guys and i were up at our new store for awhile today. But i thought i'd come pick you up to go out with...us." he rolls his eyes. 
Hyuna laughs as she slowly peddles to his stride. "Go out where?"
"I don't know. Why dont you come by our shop and let us show you around for a little? Then we'll all go get dinner or something. My treat."
"Really? Hm. Alright then." she smiles and nods.
Guk blushes a bit as he purses his lips and nods. "Okay so you know third street? It's on the corner across from the General Store."
"Okay, i'll come by right after i change."
"Alright, we'll see you then." Guk smiles as he stops and Hyuna rides on.

Hyuna hurries up to her apartment and puts on a pair of comfortable sweat capries and a tank top with her skate shoes before quickly going back down. She left her bike stashed in the back alley, hoping no one would be able to find it for the short minutes that she was away; luckily, she was right. She peddles down the street as the evening sky turns a shade of light gray. A light breeze pushes Hyuna's loose bangs across her forehead as she goes through the town. She's careful to avoid all the major streets crowded with people as she rides on. She easily leaps her bike off curbs and even across some benches. She smiles as the memories of how her life had been just a couple years earlier return to her; riding with friends and keeping herself busy without having to work. She missed being able to feel free and careless in the world. Back then, all she cared about was her family and friends and gymnastics. Yes, Hyuna had been one of the leading gymnists at the local training course. However, after the fallout with her family, she was forced to quit her lessons due to the money issues. 

Hyuna skids to a stop on the corner of the street across from the General Store. She looks up to Yong Guk's new building. The building is on an elevated street, where the back streets are down a slight hill. She laughs to herself as she expects the old building that has rusted red looking brick; it's beyond her that Yong Guk and the BAP boys have actually somewhat settled down and opened a shop of their own. The front is a full window that looks in at a display of an old BMX bike Guk had fixed up before as well as a skateboard and pair of skates. Yes, it looks like this is a good business for the boys; and with six of them, they can run it all on their own. 
Hyuna dismounts off her bike and walks it up to the grated metal door. She pulls it open and walks her bike inside. The right wall is covered with shelving of skating supplies while the left wall has racks of used bikes, skateboards, and skates. Around the center of the store are more shelving stands of epuipment. All in all, it looks pretty good. Legit. The only problem is...no one is here.
She walks towards the counter and looks over. Behind the counter to the right is another door that leads down some steps. Below, she can hear the muffled shouts and laughter of her friends. She looks around and finds the door to get behind the counter and enters there. She leaves her bike behind the counter and heads down the steps. The hall is dark except for a single bulb hanging from a wire overhead. At the bottom of the steps, a door leads out back to an alley, and there's another door to the left where she can hear the guys from inside. She smiles as she enters and leans against the door. The guys are all gathered in one room. Guk stands on a chair as he works with the wires of an old television attatched to the top corner of the room. There's also a desk and some chairs on one side, and a lot of open room with epuipment strewn about on the other end of the big basement. A garage door of some works as the wall on the right that leads out back to the alley. It's a pretty decent work room she decides. 
"You guys should really put some type of alarm on the door to your store, or people are just going to walk right in and steal something." Hyuna teases.
The guys look over and shout her their welcomes. She laughs and comes in to watch Guk work at the television.
"Well, that's what this is for," he grunts as he reaches further back to connect a wire, "There's a camera of the store hidden behind the top of the counter. This way when we're down here i can keep an eye on everything when we're working back here."
"Good thinking, but i would still put a bell on the door just in case so when you guys are down here goofing off you'll at least somewhat hear when someone enters."
"Ya ya ya we know we have more stuff to do," Guk humphs as he pulls out one cord and reconnects it to another port. 
The television screen flashes gray and then a color bar runs through the center. Then the screen lightens and a picture of the store comes into view. Hyuna nods as Guk jumps down from the chair and looks at the screen in triumph.
"It looks really good, Guk." Hyuna smiles.
Guk looks over his shoulder and then smiles. He rubs his greasy fingers on his jeans as he comes closer.
"You think so?"
"Yeah i do. Have you already had some business?" she asks as she looks to his blackened hands, dark with grease.
"We already have customers!" Zelo exclaims as he rides around the open garage on a child's bike.
Guk smiles and then looks back to Hyuna, "Yeah i think this is going to be a pretty good store."
"Of course it will." Hyuna smiles as she puts her hands in her pockets.
"I thought we were going to go out," HimChan whines from the swivel chair behind the desk. 
"We are!" Guk exclaims as he moves past Hyuna and puts some of the other equipment away. "Let's close up shop and go!"
"Wahoo!" the other guys jump up and start to move for the stairs.
"Are you sure you can just leave like that?" Hyuna asks.
"Of course, it's my store." Guk winks as he ushers Hyuna out of the garage. 
"Hey you know what, maybe i can write an article about your new store for the Seoul Headline."
"So you did get the job?!" 
Hyuna laughs as she ascends the stairs. "Oh yeah, i guess i did forget to tell you! Yup! I'm interning there for a while! My articles could end up in the paper!"
"Wow, Hyuna, that's great! I mean that's what you really want to do right?"
Guk locks the door to the lower floor and then heads to do the same to the cash registers. 
"Yeah it is, i really think this is what i was meant for. You know...after i did some soul searching." Hyuna blushes out of embarassment of her past, but Guk just laughs and nods. 
"I'll say so!"
"What are you two talking about?" HimChan asks as he rides Hyuna's bike around the store.
"Hyuna got the job at the Seoul Headline!" Guk announces with pride. 
"No way!" Zelo smiles widely, "That's awesome!"
"You're going to be in the paper?" DaeHyun asks excitedly.
"I could!" Hyuna smiles, "If my articles are good enough."
"That's so cool!" YoungJae beams. 
Hyuna smiles and laughs as the compliments continue to roll in. 
"What are you going to write about?" JongUp asks.
"Well, i was just telling Guk that i was thinking about making your store my first article. What do you think?"
"You'd write about us?" JongUp smiles shyly.
"Sure!"
The boys exchange smiles and then continue to laugh and goof off. 
"That would be great." Guk smiles at Hyuna before brushing past towards the front of the store. "Alright, let's go! Everyone out so i can lock up!"
"Can i leave my bike here?" Hyuna asks as HimChan hops off.
"Sure, just leave it behind the counter, you can get it later."

Guk locks up the store as Hyuna looks up at the colored neon sign above. "B.A.P's Bike Shop" glows in red as a neon blue box lights up around it. The windows are laced in pink neon light, the top of the store lined in white, and the door in yellow. The green "Open" light changes to say "Closed." Overall, the whole store is colorfully lit and really stands out on the busy street. Hyuna's sure that the store will do great. 
"Next time i come by i'll bring a camera and get a picture of you all out front of the store so i can write an article on it." she says as the group turns and heads down the road. "Where are we going anyways?"
Guk smiles and throws his arm around her shoulder. "To congratulate you on your new job, i'm going to treat you to pig meat!"
The other guys whoop and hollar in agreement and excitement. Hyuna laughs along and then hooks her arm around Guk's waist. "If you're treating me to pig meat then the first round of drinks is no me to celebrate your new store!" More excited yells come from the boys. "Yah!" Hyuna turns to scold them, "Only the legal can drink!"
"Awe, noona!" they pout and Hyuna turns around to avoid their puppy faces so she won't give in and end up buying the younger boys drinks. 

Inside a popular restaurant, the group gathers around a table that has a burner in the middle so they can all cook their own meat. They all laugh and talk like the used to as they cook and drink. Jokes are thrown out and soon the whole restaurant seems to be filled with their laughter. HyunA looks around the table at each of them. DaeHyun leans closer to feed YoungJae some meat. Zelo sits by Guk and JongUp as he plays with his friend but keeps glancing Guk's way to see what his noble leader is up to. HimChan speaks the most and the loudest as he talks without addressing anyone in particular. Hyuna smiles at her goofy friends. 

The night ends quickly when HimChan drinks too much and officially becomes the loudest drunk in the building. The waiters get together to usher the loopy group out of the restaurant as they laugh histerically at themselves. DaeHyun, Zelo, and JongUp left earlier due to their own curfews, leaving Hyuna, YoungJae, and Guk alone with the crazy lunatic HimChan. HimChan sprawls his arms around Yong Guk and YoungJae's shoulders as he sings a trot song out of pitch. Guk smiles and rolls his eyes. YoungJae seems more serious about the matter as he encourages leader to help take HimChan home immediately. 
"Hyuna, are you sure you're okay going home alone? And without a bike?" Guk asks her worridly.
"Yes, Yong Guk, i'm fine! I do it all the time." she smiles to reassure him. 
"Alright..." he doens't seem to be very comfortable with the idea. "You're just going straight home right? Or how about go over to DuJun's instead?"
"Ha, no way! If DuJun knew i was out with you guys again and drinking, he would be upset with me. I'll just go right home." 
"Hmmm...okay."
"Thanks for tonight!"
"No thank you!" Guk smiles.
"Yeah," YoungJae grunts as he pulls HimChan up straighter, "Thanks a lot for the drinks..." he narrows his eyes at her playfully and then winks. 
Hyuna laughs and then starts to walk away from them. She waves goodbye as she goes, "See ya later, boys! Have fun." 
They say bye and then stagger down the road, practically dragging HimChan between them. 

Hyuna laughs to herself as she walks down the now empty road in the darkness of the night. Only the occasional lamp post offers light on this dreary night. She looks up to see that the sky is cloudy; she can't spot a single star, let alone the moon. She shivers as she grabs ahold of her arms. Now she wishes she had her bike...
She walks along the quiet road as she passes by other bars that are still up and running. She crosses over the street to avoid walking in front of a bar with a few guys bumming out front. She quickens her pace and is able to get past them with only a few slurred calls coming from them. She's walking past a smaller, less popular bar just as someone else is exiting. She looks straight ahead and avoids making any sort eye contact with the person; she won't even glance their way, but she can feel their eyes on her as she passes. She lets out a sigh of relief as she makes it by without even a word, but then she strains her ears as she thinks she can hear the sound of feet walking behind her. She turns her head to the side as if she's looking across the street, but she strains her eyes to look back over her shoulder. Sure enough, someone is following. A dark figure in a black hoodie and jeans. Their hands are in their pockets, their hood is up, but their eyes are focused on her, as if they're thinking about something very seriously.
"Yah," she can hear the quiet voice behind her, "yah, wait." 
Hyuna quickens pace and looks ahead at a popular club that's lighted and even has other people outside. If she can make it there, perhaps someone else could help her or this stranger would leave her alone. 
"Yah! I said wait!" the sound of the footsteps behind pick up pace.
Hyuna gasps and hurries forward and makes an attempt to cross the street, but the stranger grabs onto her arm and turns her around easily. Another figure on the other side of the road who had just left the club stops and looks their way. 
"Yah!" she scolds as she smacks the stranger's hand away. She looks up and glares into the eyes under the black hood, and the realization hits her all at once. "Wuh...Ji...JiYong?" she stammers out her ex's name. 
Kwon Ji Yong smirks and places his hands deep into the pockets of his hoodie as he looks at her. "Hello, Hyuna." he smiles, but the smile doesn't reach his eyes; it's sort of...twisted. 
"What are you doing here?" she asks, trying to act like she's glad to see him as she smiles. 
"Hmm, me and some friends were just out for a while tonight." he says flatly as he points his thumb over his shoulder to the bar he's just exited. 
"Oh really? Me too." 
"Who were you out with?" he asks as he his head to the side, his eyes bearing into hers.
"Just a group of friends."
"What's their names? Maybe i know them."
"Uh... do you know B.A.P?" she answers, careful not to say any specific names. 
"Oh that skate gang? Yeah i know of em. You out with them?"
"Yeah, we're good friends."
Ji Yong nods and purses his lips. "Yeah i think i remember you knowing them earlier. Couple years back right?" he references the year the two broke up.
"Something like that..." the conversation turns awkward as she remembers how DuJun and Beast had to come to her rescue to keep Ji Yong away from her. 
"What have you been up to since then?" he asks. 
"Uh, just work and stuff like that."
"Where are you working now?"
"A couple different jobs. In fact, i have a job early tomorrow morning. So i should probably go." Hyuna starts to back away, and Ji Yong takes a step closer. 
His expression is somehow of interest. He enjoys meeting her like this. He smirks a cruel smile. 
"I think we should talk about some stuff first." he says.
"Uh, i don't really have time. But it was good seeing you."
"Don't lie." he says as his eyes lose any look of friendliness they had once had, "I know you hate me. But let's talk for a little and maybe i can sway your opinion."
"I dont think so. Just leave me alone." Hyuna doesn't worry about seeming polite with him anymore as she continues to walk backwards, keeping her eyes on him. 
Ji Yong snarls as he makes one quick step closer and grabs onto her wrist. His grasp is tight as he pulls her foreward. She gasps at the pain of his strenght and looks into his eyes with worry.
"JiYong-ah!" she whimpers. 
"No." his lips twist up into a smile again, "It's GDragon."
Hyuna's eyes widen in fear. 
"Excuse me." another voice comes from behind her. 
She turns her attention behind her quickly with seaching and pleading eyes. drops as she sees Yong JunHyung standing there behind her, his eyes focused on Ji..GDragon...
"I think the lady said she doens't want to talk anymore." he says with a firm voice, both hands in the front pockets of his blue jeans, his blue tshirt coming over the top just a bit with his black zip up jacket left open. 
Hyuna quickly yanks her arm free from GDragon's grip, and stammers back towards JunHyung. His hands come up protectively and rest lightly on the sides of her arms. He carefully slides her off to his side and further away from GDragon. Great, Hyuna thinks, now i'm stuck between the two guys i don't like
"Is that what you thought she said?" GDragon challenges with another step forward. 
"I think it's time for you to go." JunHyung says as he turns his body to face GDragon head on and to shield HyunA from him. 
Just then, four other guys come out from the same bar GD had. They take a look around and then head their way. The four stand behind GDragon, and he glances over his shoulder to see that they're there to back him up. One is tall with black hair and keeps to the back away from the rest. He glances around nervously. Another one comes to GD's side right away, his black hair shaved on the sides and kept up into a mohawk. The third stays next to the tall one; he doesn't look like the type to be hanging out with GDragon, and he too seems uneasy to be in a confrontation. And the fourth seems youngest, almost about Hyuna's age; and he stands on the other side of GDragon, snarling and looking back and forth between GD and JunHyung. It seems that this is the little street gang that GDragon had started up when HyunA had decided to break up. This was BigBang. 
"Let's go, GD." a deep, rumbling voice comes from the tallest in the back. The man reaches forward and rests his hand on GDragon's shoulder.
GDragon takes a step back with the weight of his friend, but he laughs and nods, not taking his eyes off of JunHyung until Hyuna makes a move backwards, then his eyes flit to her and cause her to stop moving altogether. 
"Alright," he says quietly, "I'll see you later." he says confidently as he back up into his group.
They all look at the pair for a little while longer and then turn to leave together. 

~

JunHyung turns after the street boys left, but Hyuna is no longer by his side. He looks around quickly before seeing her farther down the road. He raises an eyebrow in confusion and then hurries to catch up to her. He walks at a fast pace until he gets to her side. She stares straight ahead, a disgusted expression on her face. 
"Hmph," JunHyung tsks as he walks next to her, "You could say thank you."
"Why? I didn't ask for your help." she answers flatly. 
"Do people say thank you after they tell someone to do something? Wouldn't it be better to be thanked for doing something without being asked?"
Hyuna's quiet for a moment. "I could have handled it myself. I'm more than capable." 
"Huh, i'm sure you are." he looks off to the side.
"What's that supposed to mean?" she stops and faces him. He stops and rolls his eyes as he looks around. "You don't know me, Yong JunHyung. I can certainly handle myself. And i can definately handle him." JunHyung looks down at her. "I've done it before."
His expression softens just a tad, and she turns to continue on her way. He stands for a second and then hurries after her. 
"And what would you have done when his little friends came along?" JunHyung asks. 
Hyuna's quiet for a moment, and JunHyung knows she's thinking about it. "I would have been gone by then." she states.
JunHyung nods but doesn't say anything else. They walk on for another block before Hyuna stops again. JunHyung stops with her and looks down to her with curiosity. 
"You can leave now." she says firmly, eyes staring deep into his.
"I'll walk you back, i don't mind too much."
"Oh well i wouldn't want to be too much trouble for you. You've done enough already."
"Is that gratitude i hear in your voice?" JunHyung smirks as his eye brow raises. 
"Goodbye, JunHyung." she turns and walks on at a quicker pace. 
JunHyung watches her go. He cant help but to laugh a bit. He'd known the girl for years and they never got along. She hated him...but at least she didn't seem to hate him as much as she hated that GDragon guy. He rolls his eyes and then goes back his own way. 



 

[idky i keep making GD be the bad guy...i just have a twisted fangirl fantasy. ^_^ Be sure to check my first completed fanfic Night Warrior and my second in progress Eclipse (same cast, different plots). But anyways it might take me a bit to get more chapters in, im busy with work. So be sure to comment/subscribe/share so i have more reason to return quickly ;)]