Chapter 13 ~ Secrets

The Beast Knight Rises

~

Junhyung had woken up to the sound of the alarm ringing through the house. His eyes popped open and he sat up in bed to search around his room in the dark. The next moment he sprang out and sprinted down the hall. 
"Hyuna!" he called as he raced up the steps. 
He slammed into Hyuna's bedroom door.
"Locked?" he mumbled as he started to pound on the door. "Hyuna! Open up! Are you okay?"
No answer. 
JunHyung reached up for the spare key and threw her door open to find her form sleeping under the covers in her bed. 
"Sleeping?" he said to himself as he stared at her, "With this loud alarm?" 
He rushed forward and yanked the covers back to see the pillows. He looked down at it for a moment and nodded his head.
"Right."
He rushed to the window and looked out the back. Nothing and no one. He turned and ran towards the steps, but on his way down, he looked out the large window by the chandelier to see his front gate to the driveway opening up...and Hyuna squeezing out.
"What the hell?" 
He ran down to the front door and threw it open to step out onto the porch. Sure enough, Hyuna was shutting the gate behind her...alone. And then she ran down the street and dissappeared. Where to? Why?
JunHyung sighed and shook his head as he grinded his teeth together, full of fury. Was she leaving him again? To go where? To do what? 
"Argh," JunHyung grunted as he turned back inside and hurried to the alarm by the garage door. 
It seemed like Hyuna had figured out his passcodes, but what she didnt know was that thirty seconds after entering the code, you had to hit the disarm button to completely shut off the security. Blinking green meant armed, blinking red was wary, and full red meant intrusion, which was what it was at now.
JunHyung shut off the security and then stood with his arms crossed over his chest. What should he do now? Chase after her again? Spy on her? Drag her home and chain her up somewhere...that one was a little tempting. In fact...yes. JunHyung turned and ran down the hall again. He was going to go after her and bring her home for good. No more Yong Guk. No more GDragon. No more working alone. He would stay by her side and not let her out of his sight; even if he had to tell her the words that he was afraid to say. The fact that he had fallen for her unlike any other girl he had known. He knew that she thought he was a playboy...and he had been. But not now, not anymore. But how could he tell her that? What would she do? Laugh at him? Now he only wanted her but she was...different. Damaged because of GDragon; and JunHyung wanted to be the one to fix her, but Yong Guk was getting in the way. What could he do? 
The thought of chaining the girl down was seeming like more and more of a good idea. JunHyung laughed to himself as he slid across the foyer to the white door under the stairs. He unlocked the bolt and flied down the steps of the basement. 

~

With Guk walking leisurely along the streets of Seoul, Hyuna jumped along the top of the lower buildings on the outer parts of the busy city. Yong Guk glanced up her way to make sure she was doing alright, but he tried to look like just another guy on the street. 
At first, Hyuna was going at a slow pace, just simply running across canapies and rooftops; but as she kept going, she started to get faster as she swung across construction beams and flitted easily to the ground in an alley, making little to no noise even on top of the dumpsters.
Guk walks around the corner and into the alley, trying to blend in. Hyuna nearly blends in with the dark night of the alley way, only her eyes glowing in the light of the street lamp out front. 
"You're still great at gymnastics," Guk says as he nears her as she crouches on top of a dumpster and stares at him approach, "Why dont you ditch this revenge stuff and find a good gymnastics league again? Represent Korea in...i dont know...those competition things."
"Hmph," Hyuna smiles as she stares unblinking, "Nice but like i said, this is not revenge, its for the good of the public."
Guk sighs at her stubborness. "But you're just an ordinary person."
Hyuna her head to the side a bit, still not blinking, "What's your point? Do you have to be someone extraordinary to do good?" 
Guk glares at her, strucken by her spell. "So what's the plan then?"
Hyuna's eyes flit to the street, "Let's get some practice in. Find me someone, Yong Guk."
He stares at her and then turns back to the street, shaking his head as he moves forward. "You know," he turns again and points his finger towards Hyuna, but she's gone, somewhere on the rooftops now. "Nice," he mumbles as he goes back to the road. 

Yong Guk walks the streets for a moment as he looks for some of the dirt in the city, which isnt hard to find now a days. He walks out front of a club and glances up across the street to just barely make out Hyuna on top of a sign, her watching eyes looking from him to a bigger man down the road. The man wears dark, dirty clothes and twists a knife in his hands. He looks around warily and slips the blade into his pocket.
Guk looks back to her and shakes his head no, but she nods her head yes. 
"What a stubborn girl..." Guk mumbles as he slowly walks towards the man. 
Guk stumbles a bit and then acts drunk, as if just coming out of the club. He mumbles to himself and meanders around the road. The dark man watches him past, his eyes watching Guk's every move. Yong Guk trips into an alley and then crawls the rest of the way, glancing over his shoulder to see the dark man take the bait; he follows closely behind.
"Here we go," Guk says to himself as he looks up for Hyuna and quickly crawls into the alley.
The dark man doesnt wait long to follow him in and approach him.
"Hey bum, got a wallet on you?" the man grunts as he reaches down and flips Guk onto his back. 
Just then, Hyuna's thin black form lands on the man's back, knocking his knife to the floor. He grunts and shouts with his own shock as he stumbles backwards, Hyuna still on his back. Hyuna moves quickly and easily as the fool tries to throw punches at her. She can move and dodge them easily enough. Upon seeing her mask, the man gasps and tries to run for the street shouting "batman batman!" Hyuna slides to the ground and trips him up in a slide tackle. Then she leaps on top of him and manages to pin his hands to the ground as she looks into his frightened face. Suddenly the man stops squirming and looks up to her.
"A girl?" he mumbles and then starts to laugh a bit.
Hyuna scowls as she brings one of her hands forward, metal claw tips ready as she taps his forehead. She smirks as the man's face twists into fear and he closes his eyes shut. 

Yong Guk wraps his arm around Hyuna's waist and pulls her off the man and throws her over his shoulder. Then, he runs down the alley with her kicking at him as the other dark man fumbles to get up. Guk takes her around a corner and lets her down. 
"What are you doing?" she screams.
"What are you doing?!" Guk thunders. "What were you planning on doing to him?"
"I wasnt going to do anything!" 
"Didnt' look that way..."
"I was just scaring him! He laughed at me!"
"So what? You're not doing this to look good in front of people! No one knows who you are and they never will!" 
"I know! I just...i dont know. I guess i got caught up in the thrill of it..."
Guk stares at her. Angry.
"Im sorry! Thats why youre here. You can help me."
"I dont like this."
"I know...but...please." Hyuna gives him more puppy eyes and he sighs as he puts his arm around her.
"You were really quiet, that was good, but your right hook needs more practice. Dont use those claws for anything but self defense and transportation aid. Otherwise, it wasnt bad."
Hyuna smies and puts her arm around his waist, "Thanks, coach! Let's go find some others."

The two laugh as they dissappear into the city to do more practice. WIth Guk's protection and watch, Hyuna manages to disarm another knife and even helps a woman escape a theif on her own. Guk once had to step in from behind when someone pulled out a gun as Hyuna took on another foe, but otherwise the night practice was a success. 
Hyuna returns to Guk's place and changes her clothes, putting her new suit in her bag. She looks to Yong Guk on her way out. 
"Thank you for all of this. I...cant explain how great i feel." she breathes. 
Guk nods, "This isnt about thrill seeking. This is for others. Not for you, not for me, not for GDragon. Dont go after anyone without me. Only use this for your journalism, alright?"
"Okay," Hyuna laughs as Guk leads her out the front of the store. 
Hyuna and him hug goodbye and then she starts down the road to return to JunHyung's home. She feels good. Powerful. She's not scared of the dark alleys anymore...in fact she practically welcomes the darkness now. Embraces it. She doesnt feel weak, she feels...great.
Is that a problem? Sure she's doing this for others but isnt she doing this for herself as well? Maybe just a little. 
Hyuna smiles to herself as she walks down the street. 

~

JunHyung watches Hyuna walk away from Guk's store. That's where she snuck off to. She went out to see Yong Guk late at night...alone...at his place. What did that mean? Is Hyuna dating Guk? How does she feel about GDragon? ...How does she feel about JunHyung? 
JunHyung sighs, knowing he just has to talk to her about this and figure it all out; especially now that he's certain about his feelings for her. 

JunHyung turns and heads back to his motorcycle waiting in the dark alley across the street. He'll get back home first and then wait for Hyuna to arrive. His knuckles turned white as he gripped the stearing in anger, the heat of his breath and sweat fogging the glass on his motor helmet. The way Yong Guk looked at Hyuna...it was obvious he fell for the girl too...and who wouldnt? But that wasnt the point! She must know that Guk liked her! Maybe she really did like him back. But then what's this about GDragon? Her first boyfriend. Do you ever really get over your first "love"? Things hadnt ended well with JiYong..but was it enough to keep Hyuna from falling for him again? So many questions...JunHyung needed the answers. 

JunHyung pulled into his garage and jumped off his bike. After shutting up the house, he hurried back downstairs and changed his clothes back into his boxers and white tank top that he had been sleeping in earlier. He re-locked the white door under the stairs and went up to the second floor. 

~

Hyuna feels pretty damn pleased with herself. With her new "weapon" hidden inside her gym bag slung over her shoulder, she feels like a new person. Free. That's exactly how she's feeling. Freedom. She takes in a happy deep breath and lets it out as she prances up to the back garage door and slips into the black, silent garage. She carefully feels her way through the garage to the door to the house. Now, she almost welcomes the darkness, no longer a slave to the fear of the pitch black...free. She smiles to herself as she opens the garage door and enters the quiet hall of the big house. She shuts the door and quickly turns to the security pad. A red light counts down the seconds until the alarm will sound with her intrusion. She types in Junhyung's password until the light goes back to being a blinking red light. She stands and stares at the box for a moment wondering if the light had been green or red when she entered...she shakes her head and heads back down the hall. She walks silently on her tip toes, feeling even more in sync with her natural ability to be stealthy after the practice she and Guk went through that night. She goes up the curving stairway and down the hall to her bedroom. She reaches up for the key over her door, unlocks it, and enters quietly as she slowly shuts the door behind her. She smirks to herself once more and turn for her bed when she sees a dark figure standing across her room in front of the window. Hyuna's scream echos throughout the whole house as she backs into the door and yells at the intruder, hidden in the shadows of her room. Just then, an alarm screeches out throughout the house and mixes with her own shrieks. 

The figure stands with their arms crossed over their chest. They shake their head and then pull something out of their pocket. A light brightens in their hand; a cell phone. The figure shakes their head as they type into the phone and then the house alarm stops and they look up to Hyuna. Hyuna quickly hits the lights to her bedroom and then stares, dumbfounded at Yong JunHyung as he glares at her from across the room. 

"What the hell is the matter with you?" Hyuna shrieks. 
"Me?" JunHyung points to himself with alarmed eyes, "Whats wrong with you?"
"You're the one sneaking into my room!" Hyuna yells as she moves away from the door. 
JunHyung brings his hands to his side as he moves around the bed and away from the window. "You're the one sneaking out!"
Hyuna stares at him in disbelief. She sighs, "How did you know?"
He points up to the siren speaker against her wall. "Security system."
"I thought..."
"What? That you disarmed it?" he shakes his head as he walks to the bedroom door.
Hyuna glares. 
"So. Where did you go?"
"No where."
JunHyung and Hyuna stare at eachother for a moment without speaking. Both glare into eachother's eyes, filled with frusteration, anger...secrets. JunHyung sighs first as he turns to the door and locks the handle. 
"What do you think you're doing?" Hyuna scolds as she folds her arms over her chest and snarls at JunHyung.
"Apparantally i have been too leisurely with you. Giving you too much space. Work. Friends. Your own room."
"What are you saying?" she asks through her teeth. 
"I'm saying im going to do better. I promised DuJun that i would take care of you and watch out for you, and thats exactly what i'm going to do." JunHyung takes a step towards Hyuna.
"Stay away from me."
"Doesnt look like i can." JunHyung marches up to Hyuna and snatches her bag off her shoulder and throws it across the room to the corner.
Her eyes widen and drops as he pushes her back up towards the bed. She glances over her shoulder and then back to him. "You wouldn't dare..." 
JunHyung raises an eyebrow and then pushes Hyuna down onto the bed with a thud. She gasps and then tries to stand back up, but JunHyung pushes her down by her shoulders, and he doesnt stop there. JunHyung puts one knee on the bed and uses his upper body strength to force Hyuna to lay back on the bed. 
"Yah! Get off!" Hyuna grunts as she tries to struggle against his grip. 
"Shh." JunHyung scolds as he leans forward, both hands on her shoulders, his upper body leaning over top of her. 
JunHyung brings both knees onto the bed, strattling Hyuna's hips. Hyuna's eyes widen as she looks up into Junhyung's eyes as he looks down at her.  For a split moment, both stare at eachother in the dark room...but then Junhyung blinks and rolls to the side of the bed to lay next to her. Hyuna shakes her head and then tries to roll off the other side of the bed, but Junhyung reaches over and wraps his arm around her hip, pulling her back down and next to him. 
"Let me go." Hyuna squirms. 
"Never." Junhyung says quietly, half joking now. 
Hyuna continues to twist a bit to try to free herself, but after a little while, she realizes that she can't escape JunHyung's grasp. She lies still. One minute passes by feeling like eternity. The only sound is the sound of their breathing, first fast from the struggle but it then evens out to a slow rythym. JunHyung eases up a bit to look over at Hyuna's face to see her staring straight ahead. He smirks for a split second, thinking that she's given up. He reaches down and pulls the covers over top of both of them and then scoots closer to Hyuna, keeping his body up against the back of hers. His arm wraps around her waist securely. Hyuna lies still and lets him arrange himself comfortably as she glares ahead at the blank wall. JunHyung rests his head so that his chin is on top of Hyuna's head. He sighs with contentment and Hyuna begins to relax.

She thinks to herself for a moment before she carefully turns her head around to see him. She looks up to see his eyes close, a slight smile along his lips. She stares at his expression for a moment until his eyes flutter open and then meet hers. They look at eachother for a while in silence, and then JunHyung brings his other hand up and lightly touches the soft skin of Hyuna's cheek, his eyes looking over her soft facial features.
Hyuna blinks and then quietly whispers, "You said that you were doing this for DuJun.."
"Mhm." JunHyung answers as he draws a pattern on her face. 
"Just for DuJun?" she asks. 
JunHyung stops drawing and then meets her eyes again. He looks at her for a bit and then slides his hand under face as his fingers intertwine with the hair above her ear. His thumb lightly brushes against her cheek bone. "Maybe." he answers even quieter.
"Because...i dont think DuJun would approve of this." Hyuna glances down to their close bodies and then back to Junhyung.
He smirks a tad at her joke and closes his eyes in a longer blink. "Okay," he sighs, "Maybe a part of me is doing this for me, too."
"Which part?" Hyuna whispers.
"My heart." he answers quickly as he locks onto her eyes again. 
His bluntness throws Hyuna off. She feels that she cant stare into his eyes any longer, and his thumb feels warmer than before as she feels herself start to blush. She looks away and turns back to face the wall. JunHyung's grip on her tightens and he lays his head back against the pillow, his nose buried in the hair at the back of Hyuna's head. 

~

JunHyung awakes in the morning to the early sunlight streaming in through Hyuna's bedroom window. He smiles and sighs to himself as he lays on his back and closes his eyes to rub at them. She turns over and stretches his arm out across the bed. His hand feels around in the covers as his body instinctively scoots closer to the edge. His fingers curve over the end of the bed. The empy bed. JunHyung's eyes snap open as he whips his head around to see that sure enough the bed is empty, and Hyuna's bag is gone. Junhyung sits up and looks around the room frantically. She's really gone. He turns to the window to see that it's cracked open. He stares at it for a moment and then blinks quickly and rubs at his eyes. He looks at it again. It's really open! He jumps out of bed, runs to the window and looks down. She must have climbed down the tree that stands not too far off from the window. But how? JunHyung thinks back and then squeezes his eyes closed with realization. He had shut off the alarm via his cell phone the previous night! 
He rushes downstairs and changes his clothes. He runs to the garage and takes out his red motorcycle. He speeds down the drive and out the gate, onto the road that leads towards town. What happened to his idea of chaining her down? He had softened up from her eyes and settled with just holding onto her as he slept. He sighs as he shakes his head. This girl. What can he do? 

JunHyung pulls up to the front of BAP's Skate Shop, pulls off his helmet and switches off his bike. He jumps down and walks at a quick pace for the front door, his hands in his pockets to give him a more relaxed look as he takes a deep breath to calm down. From inside the store, he can hear the laughter and sounds of voices. He pushes open the front door, the sound of bells ringing out from overhead as a type of alarm. The voices dim as JunHyung makes his way out into the open. He smirks as he looks at the BAP boys sitting around the store...Hyuna sitting on the counter. Hyuna's eyes betray only a slight moment of shock before returning to a casual look. The other boys quiet down as they glance with confused expressions between Hyuna and JunHyung.
"Told you those bells were a good idea," Hyuna smiles as she looks to Guk, who leans against the counter next to her. 
Yong Guk nods, not taking his eyes off of Junhyung. "You were right," he says. 
"You're becoming predictable." JunHyung says to Hyuna, trying not to look at Bang Yong Guk. 
Hyuna smirks. "If i was so predictable then i dont think i would have gotten away in the first place.." she challenges. 
Junhyung purses his lips and nods, now glancing around at the other faces. The BAP boys have moved together and closer to Hyuna and their leader. 
"What brings you here?" Yong Guk asks in his husky voice as he crosses his arms. 
"I think you know." JunHyung replies as he looks to the man for the first time upon entering, and then back to Hyuna. 
"Mhm." Guk nods, "I know, i've been told." He looks to Hyuna and then back to Junhyung. "I've heard a lot about you."
JunHyung laughs just a second and smiles. "Well, thats good! I dont hear much about you though..."
Guk's face twists to disgust as he shrugs off the counter and his hands ball into fists at his side. HimChan gets to his side and holds onto his wrist as YoungJae steps up beside Hyuna. She leans forward and places a hand on Guk's shoulder. 
"I think you should just leave," YoungJae says as he looks to Junhyung.
Junhyung stares for a moment and then nods. "After i pick up what i've come here for." 
"You're starting a war..." JongUp says quietly from off to the side. 
JunHyung shrugs. "War happens. It's part of human nature."
"Im a pacifist..." DaeHyun says as he looks unsuredly between JunHyung and Guk, trying to de-stress the situation with a little comedy.
"Psh," Junhyung scoffs as he turns to DaeHyun and looks him up and down, "Pacifists. Sometimes you have to fight for peace."
"And fight for freedom." Yong Guk adds as he takes a step closer, resulting in HimChan's grip tightening on Guk's wrist and Hyuna to rub his shoulder. 
Guk blinks and glances just once at Hyuna's hand, and then he reaches up and lays his own hand on top of hers, and stares into Junhyung's eyes. 
Guk's move has the effect he was looking for with his touch to Hyuna, JunHyung seems to stir inside as his eyes widen just a tad and he takes a slight move forward. He sets his jaw and grinds his teeth in frusteration. Guk watches Junhyung as he turns his head and lightly touches his lips to the back of Hyuna's hand on his shoulder. 
JunHyung rushes forward, crossing the store in a flash. Guk leaps out and starts to yell different profanities as JunHyung grabs onto Hyuna's hand and pulls her off the counter. HimChan and YoungJae work together to restrain the fighting Yong Guk as he thrashes to go after JunHyung. The rest of BAP rush to keep back their leader as JunHyung yanks a stunned Hyuna out of the store. 
"Let go!" Hyuna whines as he brings her to the street and grabs the motorcycle helmet. Junhyung puts the helmet onto Hyuna's head and snaps it as she twists around and tries to push away. "Leave me alone!" she cries. 
JunHyung grabs on to her shoulders and holds her still as he looks into her eyes, "Was i not clear last night?" he yells at her. "What do i have to do?" his voice breaks as his eyes change from fury to broken. 
Hyuna stills and stares at him, confused. Then, JunHyung pulls her in and crashes his lips to hers. He pulls her top lip in between his own and clamps down. Hyuna's face scrunches up with the suddenness as her eyes squeeze shut. 
Just as fast as he came in, JunHyung lets her go and turns to hop onto his bike. He puts on his helmet as he glances at Hyuna. He looks to the back of his bike. "Get on..?" he almost orders. Hyuna blinks and then clumsily slips onto the back of the bike. JunHyung sits up and reaches back for her hands as he pulls her forward to wrap her arms tightly around his waist. "Hold on." he says as he starts up his bike and speeds away from BAP's store and out towards the coast. 

 

 

 

[OMG MIANHAE! im so sorry it took me so long for a crappy update! ive just been busy with work and precollege stuff! my bad, peeps! tell me what you at least think of the story! >< im thinking of starting a fanfic for one shots, whatcha think?]