Be My Love

The Beast Knight Rises

JunHyung drives through the city quickly as the buildings and lights blur together as he speeds towards the coast. Hyuna holds tighlty around his waist as she watches the city pass her by. Her hands clasp around JunHyung's stomach as her whole body leans into him. His driving seems more reckless than usual; aggravated. Emotional. He drives without stopping for anything or anyone, dodging people and traffic as he weaves through the busy city. Hyuna is silent as she holds on in a feeling of fear and excitement. 

JunHyung slides the bike to a halt the side crashes into a guardrail that overlooks the ocean. A single street lamp stands overhead, but other than that, they're at an open area on a pier. Down the street Hyuna can see rows of buildings and people shopping around during the lunchtime rush. Down the other way the pier seems to lead down to a sandy part of the beach that is accessable. 

JunHyung gets off his bike and walks away a bit towards the open beach as he takes off his helmet. Hyuna sits back on the bike and watches him for a moment before removing her own helmet and setting it on her lap. 
"Why are we here?" she calls out to JunHyung. 
He walks to the railing of the pier and runs a hand through his hair as he looks out to the ocean below. His face looks twisted as if he's...hurt? He looks down the beach for a second.
"Why did you bring me here?" Hyuna asks a little quieter. 
JunHyung sighs and shrugs off the railing and heads back toward the bike, looking down. He sets his helmet on his seat and fiddles with the keys in his hands without looking up to her. Hyuna watches in curiosity, never seeing JunHyung seem so...nervous before. 
"Do you have a place you go to when you just need to think?" he asks suddenly. 
Hyuna looks up to the sky and thinks about his question. "The roof," she answers. 
Junhyung looks up to her with a puzzled expression. "The roof?" he repeats, trying to believe her. 
"Yup," she swings her leg off the bike and stands up, "When things got...difficult at home i would climb out the window and hide out on the roof."
"Hm," Junhyung's eyebrows rise and fall quickly as he thinks about her answer. "I come here," he turns to the ocean and looks out.
"Why?"
"Just to think." he answers quickly. "It's away from everything. Everyone."
"Who?"
"Everyone."
Hyuna nods, wondering if she's lately become one of those 'everyone' he would want to get away from. "Me too?" she finally asks as she looks down to her feet, shifting her weight to one leg and bending the other more comfortably. She can feel his gaze return to her. 
"No," he answers matter of factly, throwing Hyuna off, "Dont you get it?" he asks. 
Hyuna looks back up to him as he takes a step closer, stopping right in front of her and looking into her eyes. "You're the one that i dont want to get away from. The one that i would bring here with me." 
"Why me?" Hyuna practically whispers as she looks into his eyes full of...passsion. 
He looks at her for a second in silence. "That's the question isn't it? I dont know why."
Hyuna looks down again and nods. "That's nice," she mumbles to herself, feeling a little hurt. 
She can hear Junhyung chuckle for a second before saying, "I wasn't fnished. I dont know why it's you and me. I don't know why it's you that ive...i dont know why its you. I just know that you're beautiful, kind, sweet, funny, spunky-"
Hyuna scoffs and looks out to the water, rolling her eyes. 
"You dont believe me?" JunHyung asks. 
She turns back to him. "Why does it have to be that way? So difficult... so intricate? Listing off all these qualities...one is nice, believable. But a list of them...that leaves room for doubt. All the most meaningful things said are the most simple. For example, 'i love you.' Plain and simple. No room for doubt. Or 'i hate you' for that matter. But, 'youre wonderful, beautiful, awesome'...that leaves room for doubt. Why cant it just be simple?" 
"Okay, then more simply...i've fallen for you." Junhyung counts out the last four words on his fingers as he speaks them. Then he wiggles his four fingers in the air as he smiles. 
Her heart seems to skip a beat and her face feels like it's blushing. She feel a mixture of surprise, happiness, and fear. Did he really just say that? Did he mean that? "Ive fallen for you" Hyuna repeats in her mind, annunciating each syllable. Simple. No room for doubt...
"I dont..." she tries to gather her thoughts as she looks away. 
"I know." JunHyung says, drawing her attention back, "It's all confusing. That's why i needed to think about...we need to think about it. That's why i've brought you here." he turns his body and holds his hand out to the beach, "Walk with me." 

Hyuna walks next to JunHyung towards the beach, but with enough distance between eachother that they wont accidentally touch. He walks comfortably with his hands in his pockets, his gaze forward, but his eyes occassionally flit her way and when she catches them, they both look away to the sides. 
When they reach the sand, JunHyung starts to take off his shoes and socks and stows them under the rail. She follows his movements and hides her own shoes by his, and then follows him out into the soft sand of the beach. The rolling of the waves echos over the open sand. She follows where JunHyung leads, but walks on the side that's not near the water. 

"He likes you too." JunHyung finally says. 
Hyuna looks to him, "Who?" she asks. 
"Yong Guk."
Hyuna smirks and shakes her head as she looks straight on. "We're just friends."
"To you, yes; but he doesn't want it that way."
"Too bad." she scoffs. 
"You...don't like him like that?" JunHyung hesitates a moment, looking down to Hyuna as she draws a shape with her toes in the sand. 
"No," she mumbles before looking up to him, "He's more like...a brother to me. I couldnt be anything more with him."
"He knows that?"
"Of course he knows that."
"Then why do you torture him?"
"Torture him? How am i torturing him?" Hyuna can't help but laugh at how ridiculous it sounds. 
"You run to him all the time!" 
"He's my friend! They all are! They're like family to me! Where else can i go? I'm alone."
"You're not alone." JunHyung scoffs. 
"Easy for you to say..."
"Why do you say that? You dont think im alone, too?"
"Yong JunHyung alone? Prince of Seoul? Member of Beast? You have girls lined up all across Korea!"
JunHyung snarls and looks away at the ocean. "Is that is?" he almost growls, "Are you jealous?"
"Me jealous?!" Hyuna thunders, "Wasnt it you who was just jealous of YongGuk!?"
"Yes, but i have a reason to be!" Junhyung shouts back as he points his thumb into his chest. 
Hyuna blinks, wondering why JunHyung is shocking her so much lately. "What reason?"
"I already told you once," JunHyung moves forward and Hyuna follows. 
"Once. You can't say again?"
"No."
"Why?"
"Because."
"Hmph." she looks straight ahead as they walk on. 
"I am alone." JunHyung finally starts again. He glances down at her to see her looking his way with wonder, "My brother is studying in America. My parents have been gone working. I was raised by maids. Sure i have Beast but you have BAP and CL and a brother and sister too. And those girls...they were nothing. Just puzzle pieces that i was trying to force into my own game. They didn't fit. Mistakes, okay? I'm sure you've made mistakes too."
Hyuna looks away from him and straight ahead as her mind drifts off to JiYong. "Yes," she mumbles, "That's true."
JunHyung watches her face as her eyes glaze over, lost in thought...or memories. JunHyung sighs and looks down, bringing Hyuna back. 
"What?" she asks, sensing his emotion.
"What is he to you?" he asks quietly.
"Who?"
"JiYong."
The words spoken hurt a lot more than just the hint of them. Hyuna blinks against the stabs of pain in her heart. "He's...a mistake." she answers unwillingly. 
"But you loved him."
She blinks again, and nods. 
"I've never loved someone before.." JunHyung sighs. 
"It's more difficult than people say."
"Do you love him now?"
Hyuna's quiet as she stares ahead, and then she nods. 
JunHyung takes in a deep breath with her answer as he turns back to the ocean. Now, he's quiet and wont say anything more. 
"Once you fall in love with someone," Hyuna starts, "Once you give them a part of your heart, i dont believe you can ever get it back. JiYong...he owns a part of my heart. Sure, we've moved on clearly, but part of me was hurt. He left a scar." Hyuna involuntarily touches her left side at the thought, "Healed but...still scarred."
JunHyung nods, understanding what she's saying. "What can you do about that, then?"
"Well...i guess kind of like what you said, i need something to fill that hole. But im worried that if i try to find something...it might actually hurt me more."
JunHyung sighs and pulls his hands out of his pockets as they walk on. "I understand that." 
"So to answer your question, yes part of me still loves JiYong but...more of me just wants to feel healed again."
"What will you do about him? In light of his recent...events." JunHyung asks.
Hyuna sighs and shrugs. "I think there's good in everyone. Even in him. I can't hate him. I would want to help him."
"But you can't."
"Why not?" Hyuna stops and turns to him. 
JunHyung shakes his head. "You just cant. Hes gone. Its not JiYong anymore. There's no good left in GDragon."
"How would you  know?" Hyuna asks, feeling a little defensive. 
"I just do, okay. Dont you want him to...pay for what he's done? Why can't you hate him?"
"He's done terrible things, and i want him to pay! But there's still good there. I just know it."
JunHyung sighs and turns to continue down the beach. "Whatever you say. Just let the cops handle it."
"I know." Hyuna says as she looks off to the side, feeling a little guilty about that black bag she left at Guk's place.
JiYong would get what he deserved, and Hyuna would get her heart back. And that would be it. Everything would go back to normal and be balanced. It would just take time. 

A wave comes crashing in and floats up to meet their feet. With the feeling of the cold water, Hyuna gasps and dances up the beach a bit to avoid the next waves. JunHyung chuckles at her prancing as he walks easily in the low water. 
"You really hate water." he says with a smile. 
"Yes!" Hyuna pouts on the dry sand. 
"There's nothing to be scared of," JunHyung reaches his hand out to her, inviting her back to his side; she shakes her head. "Come on," JunHyung coaxes. 
"No." Hyuna scoffs. 
JunHyung rolls his eyes and walks out to her. She instinctively backs away as he nears. 
"Calm down," He laughs as he walks on with her at his side on the dry sand. 
He reaches down and takes ahold of Hyuna's hand, warm in his own. He holds it as they walk for a little and then moves to intertwine his fingers with hers, watching them as he does. Hyuna looks from their hands to his eyes, and he meets them with a smile. 
She sighs and looks away, feeling strange. She doesnt understand her feelings. She knows of course that Guk likes her and she knows that of course they cant be together like that. And now JunHyung seems to have let her know that he might like her too. And she does like him back, and that's what scares her. Is he the right puzzle piece to her game? Is she his? Can he replace that piece that JiYong took from her? Part of her really hopes so. 

Lost in her thoughts, Hyuna doesnt realize that JunHyung has carefully led her down to the water's edge. He now walks in the ends of the broken waves, bringing Hyuna along with him. When her toes hit the water, he looks to her face carefully. After a moment, she finally realizes the terror and gasps as she looks down. Her grip on his hand immediately tightens, and he cant help but to smile. 
"It's okay!" he quickly reassures. 
Hyuna looks at her feet under the shallow water, wiggling her toes. Her heart beat quickens as she stares. 
"It's okay," JunHyung says softer, "Look, it's not hurting you. And look," he holds her hand up in his, "I have you."
Hyuna looks into his eyes, and then like a wave rolling into shore, it hits her all at once. She's fallen for him too. Her heart feels as if it's been dropped off the edge of a cliff. She feels butterflies in her stomach, but sorrow in her head. She purses her lips together as she stares into Junhyung's eyes. 

He seems to sense her feelings as his expression changes from playful to serious. Both of them stop walking as they stand there in the waves and look into eachother. They see who they really are and who they want to be. JunHyung turns to her, and with his other hand, he lightly touches her left cheek. He brings his forehead down against hers as he looks down into her eyes. She looks down towards his lips. Their breath mingles there in the ocean air between their bodies. Time feels as if it has stopped, and even the sound of the incoming waves seems distant. 

JunHyung exhales slowly and then swallows before being able to speak. "i have fallen for you, Hyuna." he whispers. 
Again, like a needle into her heart, Hyuna feels pain. Fear. But...she wants it. She welcomes it. But she cant find her voice, it's hiding somewhere in her gut. She can't tell him that she feels the same way, and it feels like it's breaking her heart. 
Her breath makes a sort of sob noise as she exhales and her expression turns to one that feels like she might cry. She closes her eyes to try to hide from it all. 
"It's okay," JunHyung soothes as his thumb moves over her cheek bone, "You dont have to say anything. At least...not yet." He chuckles quietly, making Hyuna smile a bit and open her eyes a little. "You don't have to say anything now," he continues as his thumb slides down to her lips, "But you can do something else with your lips." he smiles slyly. 
Hyuna smiles at this and even laughs a little herself. Then, she decides it's time to shock JunHyung for once. She moves her chin up and presses her lips against his. She closes her eyes after seeing his widen with the suddenness of her movement. She simply presses her lips to his and then pulls back a bit so that she can still feel them there. JunHyung takes the opportunity to slide his hand down Hyuna's jaw to hook into the back of her hair. He pulls her in and catches her lips in his again, kissing her with more passion. He untangles their fingers that were still intertwined at their sides, and places her hand on his hip bone. She smiles into his kiss and then slides her hand around to his back as he reaches out and does the same to her so that their bodies are closer together. And then it all feels like it should be. For a moment, both feel a little more whole and a little less broken. 

After spending  a little more time together in the waves, the two make their way down the beach. They eventually stop to sit in the sand; just talking and watching the waves roll in. The day seems to pass like that, just the two of them. Whatever awkwardness had been there earlier in the day was gone. Now it feels like they're just friends, remeeting after a long abscence; getting to know eachother again. They laugh, they talk easily, they share easily, letting eachother in. JunHyung wraps his arm around her shoudlers, kisses her forehead, holds her hand when they walk; Hyuna traces the tattoo on his forearm, kisses his cheek, hugs him under his arms. 

On the way back up the beach, they walk hand in hand, swimming in their new-found joy of being with eachother. To Hyuna, she doenst feel a need to run off to YongGuk anymore; but she'll still always have him. She doesnt feel the same amount of sting at the mention of GDragon; and she doesn't feel the regret. She does, however, feel a little anxious about what DuJun would have to say about all of this. 
Hyuna sighs at the thought, bringing Junhyung's attention to her worried expression. 
"What are you thinking about?" he smiles as they walk in the water. 
"DuJun."
"Oh." JunHyung's expression changes from his playfulness. 
"We don't have to tell him."
JunHyung looks down to his feet, "Eventually we will...right?" he asks a little unsuredly.
Hyuna nods, making him feel better, "Yeah, eventually. Not now."
"When?"
"Well, when he finds out he'll make me move back in with him."
Junhyung thinks for a second, "We don't have to tell him."
They laugh together as they swing their hands between them. JunHyung sobers up and tugs on Hyuna's arm a bit. "Hey," he says.
"What?" she smiles. 
"Let's just talk this out before we get back," he says as he looks up the beach to see the pier. 
"Okay," Hyuna hesitates. 
JunHyung stops, pulling her to a hault as they face eachother. He looks around and then back to her. His head to the side a bit as he thinks it through. "I like you, you like me." he looks to her as if waiting for her to confirm it. 
She chuckles a bit and nods. "Right."
"DuJun will know later."
"Kay."
"You're staying at my place so i can watch out for you."
Hyuna smiles. 
"You're not allowed to run off anymore!" JunHyung whines as he points a finger at her. "I dont like that."
She laughs and tries to nod.
JunHyung looks down the beach, "Do you have to see Guk so much?" he asks quietly.
Hyuna stops laughing. "Dont be like that." she sighs as she looks away too. 
He turns back to her. "Im not jealous!" he takes her hands and holds them in front of him, looking at them. "Just dont give me reason to be, okay?"
She looks at him and sighs, "Okay."
"I know he's your friend...and we both know he cares for you. So just dont forget about me when you're with him."
"Ha!" Hyuna tries to stiffle her laugh, seeing his face twist into sadness, "I wont forget you!" she playfully pulls her hands out and slaps his shoulder. 
"Then, when you go see Guk i want to go too." he says without looking at her. 
Hyuna thinks about Guk's gift in the black bag. "Sometime i need to talk to him alone." she says more quietly, now looking down. 
"I still want to be in the same building..."
"I dont know, JunHyung..." Hyuna backs up, suddenly feeling a little trapped. 
"Okay okay," JunHyung senses her hesitation and looks up the beach. "Come on," he says as he takes her hand and trots up the beach.
"Where are we going?" Hyuna puffs as they run down the pier, not even stopping for their shoes. 
JunHyung pushes inside a small store and walks to the counter. He looks into the glass and then points something out to the clerk. Hyuna watches as they pull out two rings, one gold, one silver. After purchasing them, JunHyung turns to her and looks at her hand. The rings are small. He reaches forward and slides the silver ring onto her pinky finger and then looks at it.  
"Couple rings?" Hyuna asks, feeling childish. "Isnt that a little fast?"
"No," JunHyung says quickly, "It's not a couple ring, it's a pinky promise ring! It's just here so that when you see Guk, you can remember me."
Hyuna can't help but smile as she looks at him eyeing the ring. "I already said i wont forget you." 
"Humor me." he looks into her eyes with a serious expression. 
"Then what's yours for?" she smiles as she looks at his own ring. "What promise are these pinky promise rings for?"
He looks down to it and twirls it in his fingers before slipping it on. "To remember that you have one too. And a promise to eachother. A promise of trust."
"You wont forget me?"
JunHyung looks up to her eyes. "Never." he replies, and then he hooks his pinky with hers so the two rings are together. He brings them up to his lips without looking away from her eyes, and kisses her pinky that's linked with his. She smiles and leans in, kissing his pinky back, staring into his eyes. 
The cashier clears his throat and Junhyung chuckles as he leads Hyuna back out. 
"Okay," JunHyung continues as they head back for their shoes, "So you can see YongGuk; i'll put up with it. DuJun will know when you're ready. But there's one more thing."
"What's that?"
Again JunHyung stops them in the middle of the street, but this time he holds onto her shoulders and looks directly into her eyes. "You let the police handle GDragon."
She stares at him for a moment in silence. "Of course," she answers, "What can someone like me do anyways?"
JunHyung is quiet after her answer as they look at eachother. He drops his hands and steps back, nodding. "Okay." 

He leads Hyuna back to his bike. He carefully places the helmet on her head and snaps it on under her chin. He smiles as he feels her staring at him through the whole process. Once he's finished, he leans in and kisses her softly on the lips before putting on his own helmet. He starts up the bike and the two race back into the city as the evening sky begins to darken. 

Hyuna smiles the whole way, holding tightly onto JunHyung's waist. She keeps her hands clasped at his front, where she turns the ring around her finger.

JunHyung glances down to see her playing with it, and he cant help but smile too; he doesnt need to drive faster because he has Hyuna with him, but when he gets home he'll still have her with him, which makes him perfectly happy. 

Hyuna rests her head on JunHyung's back, thinking about how this all happened so fast. She and JunHyung were...dating? They had couple rings. She was happy that they compromised about Guk and especially that she could tell DuJun and them when she was ready. And for now, she didn't really care that GDragon was out of the picture; in fact, she was happy about it. She felt a little more...free. 


"JunHyung?" Hyuna calls out over the roar of the bike as she taps his shoulder, "Can we stop somewhere on the way?"
 

 

 

 

[hope this is okay! ill be on/off for a while! check out my newest fanfic HERE! But i really need more feedback, guys! it gives me motivation to write better! im a self-conscious writer! i want to be better so these fanfictions are practice. so please PLEASE give feedback! THANK YOU <3]