Chapter 8 ~ Murderer

The Beast Knight Rises

"Hyuna! Oh my god, Hyuna, what happened?" DuJun rushes into his apartment and runs straight to Hyuna's side by the couch.
"Uhhh.." she moans and twists in her sleep. 
"How did you get here? Did you walk?" DuJun asks.
"Unnie..." IU comes up from behind.
"IU, darling, go get an ice pack from the fridge. Please!" DuJun gently pushes IU away as she stares down at her sister.
IU nods and then hurries into the kitchen. DuJun returns his attention to Hyuna, lightly touching her temple where her skin is a sickly red and turning black and blue. 
He sighs and mumbles to himself, "What happened?"
IU returns with the ice pack and hands it to her brother, and then sits by the foot of the couch with her hands in her lap as she helplessly watches. DuJun places the pack to Hyuna's head, causing her to moan and lift her hand to his. Her eyes flutter before opening and looking around in confusion.
"DuJun?" she croaks.
DuJun scoots closer to see her face. "Yes, yes it's me. Are you okay? What happened?"
"I...It's JiYong!" Hyuna's eyes open widely as she attempts to sit up.
"Shh, i know i know. Lay down and rest." DuJun gently pushes her shoulders back to the couch. 
"It's him!" Hyuna whimpers.
"I know." he looks into her eyes, seeing her horror and sorrow at the news. 
"I didnt want to believe it..." she whispers as tears fill her eyes.
"I know you didnt, trust me. But now we know. Now we can find them. Did...did they do this to you?"
Hyuna looks down to IU and then back to her brother. She looks into his caring eyes and nods. 
He sighs. "Do you remember what happened? Can you tell me?"
"They came...they came into the alley. Cornered me at the end. I just...i tried to run. That bat! That batman! He saved me, DuJun. Again! He is good!" Hyuna's words rush out all at once.
"Shh, shh, calm down," DuJun urges, "What batman?"
"The one from the garage. He did fly. He flew down and beat those men. Someone...someone hit my head." she closes her eyes as her fingers feel her bruising temple, "But he took me. He carried me." she looks around the apartment. "He carried me here. Did...did you see him?"
DuJun looks around the apartment, and IU moves closer to his side as she looks over her shoulder.
"No, i didn't see anyone. Are you sure?"
"Yes, i'm sure." Hyuna whispers as she looks to the shadows.
"How did he know where i live?" DuJun mumbles to himself as he looks around. Then he notices the open window behind the couch. He his head to the side as he crawls closer. He pulls the window open more and peers outside. "I think he left through here, then."
"The window?" Hyuna sits up to look back. 
"Appears so." he says as he shuts it and locks it. 
"How did you know i was here?" Hyuna asks.
"You texted me. You don't remember? I had tried to call you back and you texted me saying that you were going to my apartment for the night."
She looks to him in confusion as she fishes her phone out of her pocket. Sure enough, the text message is there. DuJun looks over to see the phone.
"You didnt send it?" he asks.
She shakes her head as she stares at it. 
"Hm, well." DuJun sits back and rubs his head.
IU nudges his arm and looks up to him with her big eyes. "Oppa, is...is the batman really good?" she asks.
DuJun looks down to her and holds her hand; then he turns to Hyuna, whose eyes are already on him, waiting for his answer.
"It appears that way." he says quietly as he pats her hand.
"Oppa," IU glances to Hyuna, "Batman saved unnie...batman is good."
Hyuna smiles and then her eyes feel heavy as she lays back into the couch.
"You rest," DuJun says and she nods. "We'll talk more in the morning."


Hyuna falls alseep in that instant. Into a deep sleep almost all the way through the night. A nightmare comes to her early morning; clowns corner her into a dark corner and she cries out, but her voice wont work. Then from behind her, out of the shadows comes the batman, and the clowns run from him in terror. Hyuna sighs in relief and reaches out to touch the shoulder of her knight, but when he turns, his eyes are shining red, and he has fangs. She skrieks. 

Hyuna bolts up in bed in a sweat. She looks around, disoriented, to find that she's sleeping in IU's bed. Blankets and a pillow lie on the floor next to her, where IU must have slept all night. She sighs as she rubs her eyes and then winces at a pain over top of her right eye. She brings her fingers up and lightly touches the sore area on her head and moans. 
She throws off her sheets and slowly stands up out of bed. She shuffles to the door and peers out. The television is on in the family room, and she can hear the clammer of plates in the kitchen. After a rest stop to the bathroom on her way out, she waddles into the family room to see IU dancing along to a Marshmallow song on the television. 
"Unnie!" IU chirps happily as she stops to look at her sister. She smiles and prances over to throw her arms around her. "Did you sleep well?" she looks up with her bright eyes.
Hyuna smiles and touches IU's head. "Mhm," she lies. 
"That's good!" IU steps back and makes her way back to the television. "Oppa is making you a good breakfast!"
Hyuna laughs as she sits by the table. "That's good. I'm starving."
"Great!" DuJun walks out of the kitchen with bowls of food that he places in front of her. He smiles as he helps to serve her. "How are you feeling?" he asks.
"I'm okay. Little headache." Hyuna forces a sheepish smile as she touches her head.
DuJun winces and nods. "Yeah, you have quite the bruise there. But eat up!" he pulls out files and a pen. "Then when you're ready, i need you to tell me about what happened last night."
Hyuna nods as she starts into her food, but she's quiet. She looks up to DuJun with a troubled expression. "DuJun?" she asks.
"Yup." he smiles to her.
"Where...where were you last night?" she asks quietly so IU won't hear. 
DuJun's smile dissappears as he looks to IU. He sighs and leans back, uncomfortable. "Listen," he says with gentle eyes, "I'm really sorry about that. I was at the station late to get those test results back, and then i had to pick IU up from her dance lessons."
"No, no, it's okay. I was just wondering." Hyuna says as she scoops more food. "Did you see...the Beast boys at all?" she asks as she looks to him from the corner of her eye.
"Hm? No." he answers. "They were busy. JunHyung's family is going through a hard time right now, so he hasn't been around too much."
"What hard time?" Hyuna looks up a little too eagerly and meets his confused gaze. "I mean, i saw something on the news a couple days ago."
DuJun sits back, "Well, there's rumors floating around that his family is using conterfeit money to support different organizations...like voting polls and stuff like that. In order to swing elections. There's no proof though...that street gang that's going after them keeps giving clues that that's what's going on...but no one believes them."
"Did you find out which gang it is yet?" 
"Not really. They leave clues behind. Like usually a playing card of some sort with a black dragon with red fire eyes is left behind somewhere." he looks to her. "Sounds a lot like the one from BAPs store, but nothing has been confirmed."
"And..." Hyuna moves the food around on her plate, "And BigBang?"
"A prime suspect." DuJun answers quickly. "And along with these reports from you, we can hopefully get them off the streets. Now, you need to tell me what happened." he returns to his paper and pen. 
He clicks it and looks to her expectantly. Hyuna sighs and then tells him all that she knows. She goes over the riddles again, especially the second one which hasnt been solved. She tells what they said and what they wore that night. 
"They know where you live." DuJun taps the pen tip on his chin.
"Right. But he said they're going into hiding, probably since i know their identity." Hyuna adds.
DuJun nods. "They're banking on no one believing you since there were no witnesses. Which is true, that makes this a lot harder. But we still can work on it. Until then, i think you should move in here."
Hyuna looks up to him. "No, i can't. I have my own place and my own jobs..." Hyuna's eyes widen. "I'm late for my shift at the Seoul Headline!"
She jumps up and gathers her stuff.
"Hyuna, we're not done here!" DuJun scolds as he stands up. 
"I cant be late! I cant be fired!" Hyuna looks to him and he can see the seriousness in her eyes. 
He nods. "I'll drive you. You'll need to get a change of clothes."
"There's no time. I'll just go in this. Can you still drive me?"
"Of course," DuJun grabs his jacket. "Why dont we just swing by your place?"
"No!" Hyuna nearly shouts and then softens her voice. "There's no time." 
DuJun stares at her for a moment and then sighs. He knows Hyuna wont let him see her apartment for awhile anyways. 

DuJun locks up the apartment and quickly drives Hyuna to work, using the lights but not the siren to get her there quicker. They go over more theories about BigBang and all that's happening. 
Hyuna waves goodbye as she hurries up to the Seoul Headline building. 
Inside, everything is loud and bustling. People are rushing from place to place even faster than usual. Hyuna looks around in confusion and then finds Sanna hurrying by with a stack of paper.
"Sanna!" she cries as she catches up, "What's going on?"
"Hyuna!" Sanna sighs in relief as she looks to her, "Goodness, what happened to your head? You look awful!"
Hyuna raises her hand to her head and glances around. "Oh, right i uh...hit my head earlier."
"On what?" Sanna raises an eyebrow.
"Oh...my bedside table."
Sanna's quiet for a moment and then shrugs before handing her a stack of papers. "Here's the latest story."
Hyuna looks down at the files and opens them up to see a Batman related title. "Omo," she says as she looks through, "I was going to do a batman case today after the BAP store."
"BAP store?" Sanna stops and stare at her.
"They're back in business..." Hyuna states.
Sanna shakes her head. "No one's going to care about some old skate shop," she says as her quick pace picks up again, "Everyone wants to know about the Batman now! There was an incident last night you know!"
"Yes! Yes, i know!" Hyuna speaks quickly as she pants to keep up with Sanna's fast walking. 
"The Batman actually terrorized a couple of boys in the streets last night! The anonymous report came to us this morning. It hasnt even reached the police station yet, but there are pictures of the wounds!"
"Terrorized? Wait, what do you mean?"
Sanna sighs in annoyance and turned to Hyuna. "I thought you said you knew. Late last night the Batman figure beat on some helpless boys. The report came in this morning with pictures of the wounds and all."
"How do you know it was the Batman? And how do you know the boys were helpless? What if they were thugs?"
Sanna shakes her head. "Nope, the report says that the Batman whooshed down on a couple of guys on the sidewalk last night. They describe his outfit and what happened in great detail. So, i need you to write up the article. Have it in by five tonight."
"Sanna, wait!" Hyuna hurries after her. "That's impossible. We need more information. Interviews. Pictures."
"Perfect!" Sanna claps her hands in excitement and turns to her enthusiastically. "You go out and do your little researching...try to get pictures of the batman!"
"But...i cant do that by today."
"You're right," Sanna looks away as she thinks, "That Batman has been making more appearances lately. I'll give you until tomorrow to gather your information, and then after that...i run the article myself."
Hyuna blinks in confusion as everything swarms around her mind.
Sanna smiles and leans forward. "Understand?" she asks. 
"Uh...uh yes." Hyuna stammers. 
"Great!" Sanna claps again and then turns happily to go on with her work, leaving Hyuna confused with a file of Batman reports. 

After work, Hyuna goes straight home, feeling the burden of journalism. How can she write such a bogus paper on a hero? That's what Batman was...a hero...a knight... not a thug. She sighs as she unlocks her apartment and steps inside. Jazz sleeps alone across the table.
"Where's Slick gone off to now?" Hyuna asks herself as she sets her stuff down. 
She sighs as she goes to her fridge and opens the door. She reaches in for the milk and then stops halfway there as she stares at the carton. Taped to the while milk carton is a card...a playing card of some sort with a big green question mark. She blinks for a moment as she stares in silence. How did that get there? What was it? She reaches forward quietly and peels the card away, thouching only the edges in case of possible finger prints. Not that it mattered...she knew who it was from. 
She turns the card over in her hand to see something scrawled across the other side in red ink. 
"What can run but never walks, Has a mouth but never talks, Has a bed but never sleeps, Has a head but never weeps?"
Another riddle. She stares at it for another moment before quickly setting it on the counter and grabbing her camera. She takes the picture and then scrawls down the riddle on her notepad, right under the other one. That's two riddles to be solved now. But what was worse...was the thought that someone was in her home. 
Hyuna grabs her phone and calls DuJun immediately. She tells him about the card and where it was and what it said and when she found it. Needless to say, he's enraged. He demands that she leave immediately and move in with him for the time being. Hyuna argues, saying that they would only follow and then be able to torture IU as well. No, she must stay here. Or at least...maybe move in with Guk. No, to Dujun that's even worse.
"What do you suppose i do then?" Hyuna argues as she sits by her table and stares at the card. 
"I told you!" DuJun yells back, "Move back home."
"I told you!" Hyuna mimics, "That's a bad idea!"
"Then...then at least let me come over and look at the crime scene. I'll get finger prints."
"We know who it is, DuJun. And i already took pictures."
"Put that card in a baggy. Let me come pick you up."
"I don't know." she whimpers as she puts her hand in her hair in frusteration and closes her eyes.
DuJun sighs. "Fine. Give me a moment. Lock up your apartment and keep your phone by you. I'm going to make some calls."

Hyuna sits at the table alone, with only Jazz laying on her lap and purring. Everything is closed and locked up, and now she sits and stares at the batman file on her right and the riddle card on her left. How can all of this happen so quickly? What does Ji..GDragon want? She looks to the second riddle...that was in response to her question. What was the answer though?
"People need me but they always give me away..." Hyuna says to herself, "What the heck that could be anything!" then she looks to the card. "What can run but never walks, Has a mouth but never talks, Has a bed but never sleeps, Has a head but never weeps?" she sighs as she sits back. "I have no idea."
Suddenly, there's  knock on her apartment door. Hyuna looks up as her heart suddenly hammers inside of her chest. The cat stands up and stretches before jumping off her lap and onto the counter, and then dissappearing out into the night. 
Hyuna sits for a moment quietly and stares at the door, and then the knocking sound comes again. She gasps and jumps up to her feet. She looks around her tiny kitchen and grabs a kitchen knife. She cautiously makes her way over to the door. *knock knock knock* comes the noise again as she nears. She stands on her toes and looks out the peep hole. 
She can't see clearly, but she can just make out somebody's misshapen head with brown hair. GDragon has brown hair. Hyuna's breath gets caught in as she puts the chain latch on the door and unlocks the dead bolt. She closes her eyes for a moment and tries to breathe as she slowly turns the door handle and opens the door just a crack. She looks out to see only part of the empty hall, so she pulls the door open a little more, still not the whole way it can go with the chain latch on.
Suddenly someone leans around and peers inside the crack of the door.
"AH!" Hyuna involuntarily lets out a short scream as she clenches her eyes shut.
It's all quick when she opens them again and glares at Yong JunHyung from the crack in the doorway. JunHyung raises an eyebrow at her and then smirks.
"I didnt think you would be so excited to see me." he teases.
"I'm not." she exhales as she stares at him.
"So uh...you gonna invite me in?" JunHyung looks around her to the apartment.
She sighs and shuts the door to unlatch it. She reopens it a bit, but Junhyung opens it the rest of the way as he walks in by himself, his hands comfortably in his pockets as he looks around.
"So this is where you live?" he said critically as he stops in the small kitchen area and looks around.
"What are you doing here, JunHyung." Hyuna asks as she relocks the door.
"I was in the neighborhood when DuJun called me. He said you were in some type of predicament and he wanted me to come over and make you leave. He said your options were to go to his apartment...or to mine." JunHyung turns around and smirks at her.
She glares in return as she walks forward. JunHyung turns back and glances down at her kitchen table to see all the documents. He his head to the side as he walks up and looks closer at the papers. He reaches down and brushes a few of the batman articles around to read the titles.
"Writing about this Batman character?" he asks.
Hyuna rushes forward and pushes him away as she straightens up the papers and hides them in the folder. She pulls out another folder and shoves the playing card and paper of riddles into it. 
"Mind your own business." she growls. 
She turns around to find JunHyung standing right up against her. Her nose nearly touches his chest, making her look up into his eyes. She smiles a bit and then looks a little higher up. His face becomes puzzled as he reaches forward and lightly taps her forehead.
"You got a bruise." he says simply.
Hyuna's eyes widen as she brings her hand up to hide it, and then turns away. "I uh...hit my head on the bedside table."
She walks into her bedroom area and opens her single closet. JunHyung looks over towards her bed to see that the nearest table is a good three feet away from her bed. He shakes his head as he walks around the kitchen area.
"Do you really live here?" he asks as he opens the fridge and examines the few contents.
"Yes, i do!" Hyuna snaps as she rushes over and slams the fridge shut. "Mind your own business, will ya!"
JunHyung smirks and holds his hands up in an innocent gesture as he backs up. He leans up against her counter and crosses his arms over his chest. 
"So," he says, "What's it going to be? You going to DuJun's place?"
"I already told him i wouldn't." Hyuna answers as she places her hands on her hips defiantely. 
JunHyung purses his lips and then nods. "Okay, so my place it is!" he claps his hands together and smiles at her.
"Absolutely not!" she stamps her foot. 
"Well, sweetheart, looks like you're out of options." JunHyung shrugs and then looks around the apartment. "Point is i'm not leaving here without you. But...i guess i could just stay here."
He looks to the counter and moves an old bowl of ramen closer to the sink, and then looks to her out of the corner of his eyes with a smirk.
Hyuna stands there for a moment, glaring at him. She looks to her phone, to the table of folders, back to her closet, and then back to JunHyung, who stares at her with knowing eyes. Clear eyes. 
Hyuna sighs and drops her arms to her side. "Fine!" she shrieks as she turns back to her room and towards her closet. 
"Fine i can live here?" JunHyung asks with a chuckle.
"No! Fine i will leave! I'll go...i'll go to DuJun's."
"Hmph." JunHyung crosses his arms again. "If that's what you want."
"I'll pack some stuff. Did you bring a car?" she turns to look at him.
"Yup." he smiles. 
"Good. Can you go pull it around, i'll have a lot of bags. Bring is to the front and ill bring my bags down."
JunHyung raises an eyebrow, but shrugs off the counter and walks towards the apartment door. "Alright." he says, "Looks like im a delivery boy today." he mumbles as he shoves his hands into his pockets and pulls the door open. He shuts the door behind him, and Hyuna listens to his footsteps head towards the elevator.
She quickly grabs a bag and shoves all sorts of clothes inside. She grabs bathroom stuff and her files, camera, and even some packs of ramen noodles. She shuts her window and locks it and then hurries to the apartment door. This all took only about a minute or two, but she shuts and locks the apartment door before hurrying towards the steps. She jumps the steps down to the bottom and then runs down the back hall that leads to the alley. She rushes out the door and down the alley. She peers around the edge to catch JunHyung's back as he walks towards his car parked a little down the street. He has a nice white sports car, compete with a spoiler and everything. She shakes her head before running down the sidewalk, heading the opposite way quickly to be sure that he wont turn around and catch her making a break for it. 

She slows down when she gets to the next block and turns that way so that he wont see her. She steadies to a speed walk as she keeps her bag on her shoulder and heads for the bus stop. She'd rather stay with the BAP boys than stay with DuJun and endanger her family, or stay with JunHyung and be in the presence of an arrogant rich boy twenty four seven. The BAP boys at least had numbers to help defend her. BigBang's...four? against BAP's six. That looked a lot better. Of course, now Hyuna had to go all across Seoul at night to get there, which is why she chose the public bus route. She jumps onto the first bus leaving the station and sits at the back. She pulls out her folders and looks through the contents as she thinks over the rumors of Batman being bad, and the new riddles that GDragon gave to her. She pulls out the riddle sheet and reads both. Why would GDragon give her two? What was with this newest riddle that was so important?
Suddenly, her cell phone comes to life and lets out it's obnoxious ring. Hyuna picks it up quickly and looks at the caller ID so see that it's "Arrogant Rich Boy," or Yong Jun Hyung. She sighs and locks it, refusing to answer, and places it back in her bag. Moments later it rings again, and a few passangers on the bus look to her in annoyance. She mouths the words "i'm sorry" as she reaches in and grabs it. This time, she answers.
"What do want?" she whispers quickly.
"Uh, how about you to get your back here!" JunHyung yells into the phone.
Hyuna's surprised by his tone. "I'm sorry, i couldnt hear you behind all your attitude."
"Hyuna!" JunHyung shouts, making her jump a bit, "This isnt jokes anymore. I'm serious. Listen, DuJun's really scared here okay? He wants you to stay with someone. Come back here and we'll figure it out together." his tone softens. 
Hyuna sighs. "Listen, i am going to stay with someone. I'm going to stay with the BAP boys, alright? They're safe, trust me."
"Then at least come back here and let me drive you." Junhyung pleads. 
"I'm already on the public bus on my way. I'm fine. Completely safe."
The line is quiet for a moment. "Don't go anywhere. Stay with other people. I'll meet you at BAP's place."
Hyuna listens to his words but focuses on the card in her lap. She rereads the riddle and then turns to the window. The bus is headed over the bridge to the Han River, the water below glows with the colored lights in the night. Its getting darker out, and not many people are walking by the lit river tonight. Hyuna looks down the river as far as she can see. 
"Hey, JunHyung?" she asks into the phone.
"What?" he sighs in response.
"What's the start of a river called?"
"The start of a river? What, you mean the mouth?"
Hyuna's eyes widen as she looks down at the riddle. "What has a mouth but doesnt eat?" she mumbles.
"What?" JunHyung asks.
"The riddle." she says quietly. "The riddle! JunHyung! The answer to the riddle is the river! River! What runs but never walks? Water. What has a mouth but never eats? Rivers. What has a bed but never sleeps? Rivers. What has a head but never weeps? Rivers!"
"...I dont...fully understand what you're trying to say here..."
"Argh!" Hyuna grunts as she looks back out the window.
She needs to think. Suddenly the bus is too loud, the many eyes on her are annoying, and she cant think straight. She needs to stop and think. Stop. She looks out the window, to see they're getting off the bridge now. The river is going to dissappear from view! She needs to get off!
"Just tell DuJun!" Hyuna quickly says into the phone. "Tell DuJun it's the river."
"Hyuna...Hyuna you stay on that bus!" JunHyung yells, "Hyuna-"
She hangs up and looks up to the bus driver.
"Um, hey." she says. A few passangers look her way with questioning glances. "Hey!" Hyuna shouts louder as she stands up. "I need to get off! Can...can you stop the bus? Stop the bus!"
"Miss, please," an older woman says next to her, "You can't just stop the bus. The next stop is not far. Please, sit and wait."
Hyuna looks from the woman to the window. She looks up to see a cord hanging along the top of the bus. 
"Oh, miss, please dont even think about-"
Hyuna grabs the cord and yanks on it. Lights flash as a siren sounds and the bus wheels squeel. Everyone shouts as luggage and people are thrown about as the bus comes to a skidding hault. Everyone yells at her as Hyuna rushes between the doors with her bag and runs back down the road towards the river's edge. She gets to the top of the bridge and looks down below at the water. She smiles to herself. River. She solved the riddle on her own. 
Then she stops. What the hell was she doing? She just literally ran towards the place that GDragon, her enemy, told her to come to. She smacks her palm into her face as she backs away from the ledge and then hurries back down the bridge. She gets to the bottom and walks along the lighted path by the water's edge. The water is about five feet below the cement. She sighs as she pulls her phone out of her pocket and flips it open. JunHyung tried to call again. She shakes her head as she hits his number. She brings the phone to her ear and listens to it ring, but then, someone else's hand overlaps her own. Hyuna gasps as she pulls away and whips around, losing grip on her cell phone. She stands and stares at a man in a clown mask. The same mask as the one from the parking garage. GDragon. He smiles as he closes her phone in his hand. From somewhere behind her, two others come forward and each take ahold of her arms. She gasps again at their force as they suddenly usher her underneath the bridge to the Han River. GDragon stays in front, staring at her as he back peddles.
"Nice of you to join us." he says through the mask as he twists his head to the side in an eerie way.
Hyuna can't find her voice. This all happened to fast. How could she have been so stupid? 
"She figured that one out quickly, boss." one of the men holding her arm says. 
"I guess your riddle was too easy then." GD says.
Hyuna looks to the one holding her arm on the left. He wears the mask with purple question marks. She turns to see the third man with the plain looking bag over his head, but the shadows work to form scary figures across the bag. A fourth man steps out from behind GDragon, this one with just a black mask covering his nose and mouth. Four of them. The four from the parking garage. The fifth...was still missing.
"Did you solve my first riddle yet?" GDragon asks as the one on her left tosses her bag to him. He rips it open and peers inside. He moves some of her stuff around and then drops the bag, throwing her cell phone into it. "I guess not."
"What...what was the answer?" Hyuna asks in terror. "What was i supposed to bring?"
"Stupid girl." GDragon shakes his head. 
The man behind him with the black mask moves back into the shadows and then reappears with a small black bag. He opens the top of the bag and holds it out to GDragon. GD stares at Hyuna for a moment before looking down into the bag. He carefully reaches down into the bag and starts to pull something out.
"I told you there would be consequences." he says as she pulls out something small and black.
Hyuna's eyes open even wider as drops and tears fill her eyes. "S...Slick?" she stammers as she watches GDragon pet the black cat.
Slick wont look at her, and GDragon carefully places the cat back in the bag, and the man in the mask pulls the stings close and ties them. 
"Consequencesssss." GD says again as he takes the bag and walks towards the river's edge. 
"What are you doing?" Hyuna yells, "Dont do that! Let him go! Slick!"
GD shakes his head as he holds the bag over the river. "This is only the first part. Now you will know that we mean business."
"Drop the bag." a low gravely voice comes from the dark shadows behind GD. 
Everyone turns to see a black figure crouching in the shadows...with pointed ears.
Hyuna lets out a breath of relief. "Batman," she whispers. 
"Poor choice of words." GDragon says as he flings the bag out into the river.
"Slick!" Hyuna screams in a high pitched shriek as she pulls away from her captors.
She caught them off guard as they fumble to take her again, but she races towards the river bank. Then everything happens fast. Everyone moves. The two men chase Hyuna down and knock her to the ground. The man in the mask and GDragon turn and start throwing punches at the black figure, who fights back.
"Slick!" Hyuna yells as she kicks at the men and tries to crawl away.
The batman knocks GDragon and the masked man back, and then runs towards the water. He looks down into the river for the black bag, but GDragon and his men jump him before he can do anything. 
Hyuna shouts and cries as she fights back, still trying to get to the water. She breaks free again and even manages to grab her camera. She quickly sits up as she takes pictures of Batman and GDragon fighting. Then she turns the camera and takes pics of the other men. They shield their eyes from the flashes, momentarily stalling them. But they make it back to her and pin her down against the cement on her stomach.
She can hear GDragon laugh. "Having trouble with the press lately, batman?" he mocks.
The masked hero remains silent as they walk in a circle, squaring off. 
"How does it feel to have people hate you?" GD asks. 
Batman blinks. 
"Is he your hero, Hyuna?" GD calls as Hyuna is pinned down by his men. "This man in tights? How pathetic."
"GDragon stop this," Hyuna pleads. "You're not bad."
The batman looks to her for a moment and then back to GDragon.
GD scoffs. "You have no idea, do you?"
Hyuna looks to him with confusion. She can just make out his eyes behind his mask; they're...sorrowful? "What do you mean?" she asks.
"You dont know him," the low rumble of batman's hidden voice echos through the night. "You dont know what he's done."
She looks to him, and batman looks to GDragon. "Hes a murderor." batman growls.
Hyuna's eyes widen as she looks to GD.
"Someone's done their research." GDragon says. 
"Murder?" Hyuna whispers.
"That's right." Batman replies. "He's a murderor. Right here." Batman points to the top of the bridge. "Years ago. You remember? Gdragon."
GD walks around, keeping batman in front. "What game are you playing, batman?" he mocks.
"What's he saying about murder, GDragon?" Hyuna asks in terror. Her mind is spinning. No she doenst love GDragon anymore, but part of her will always care. She wants him to be good more than anything. She wants to believe that he's a good guy. 
"Years ago," Batman growls, "He started this war. This game of his. Planning. But you didnt plan on her being there, did you?"
GDragon watches batman.
"That woman in the blue car, on her way home from work. A flat tire kept her car stranded along the edge of this very bridge."
Hyuna listens to the story that Batman tells, picturing the familiar car. The time of year. The story itself.
"An innocent woman." Batman continues. "You and your truck and men...you hit her car. Sent her into the the depths of the river."
"No," Hyuna cries, "No, Gdragon, no. Dont tell me." tears overflow. "Dont tell me that."
Now everyone is quiet except for Hyuna's crying. GDragon turns to her. Batman turns to her. 
"You? It was you? You're the car that hit my mother?" she stares up into his mask, trying to see his eyes. Sorrow. "JiYong-ah...did you kill my mother?" her voice cracks with emotion.

"Who's down there?" a voice calls from down the street, and then a flashlight lights up the area under the bridge.
GDragon and his men turn to the cop coming down the road, gun ready. He then turns back to Batman and the two stare eachother down for a moment before GD's men get off of Hyuna and run into the shadows. A car engine starts up and the darkness is chased away by the headlights of a hidden vehical. Batman and GDragon dont move an inch.
"Murderer!" Hyuna cries out desperately. "Murderer!!"
"What's going on down there?" the cop shouts as he starts to rush over.
Then batman moves first. He turns and he dives into the river, disappearing into the current. GDragon looks to Hyuna, who lies on her stomach, head in her hands as her whole body shakes with her sobs, then he turns and runs to the car. The sound of the car's wheels squeel through the night and they dissappear down the road. 
 

 

~WORKS CITED~
Riddle:
 http://dan.hersam.com/riddles.html

 

 

 

[Guys honest to God i love GDragon and BigBang!! haha please dont misunderstand why i always make them seem so "evil." i dont really mean it :p they just make hot bad guys to me lolol i have a love/hate relationship with GD so sometimes i love him sometimes i dont. Right now i really love him so i'm feeling really guilty about making him be so bad! so there MAY be a twist later on ;) pahaha
But anyways, comment/share/subscribe! :) Thanks!]