Chapter 12 ~ Catwoman

The Beast Knight Rises

"Unhand me!" Hyuna shouts dramatically as JunHyung yanks her out of the shop and out onto the open street.
Hyuna tugs and pulls, trying to get him to release her. She finally resorts to pounding on his hand with her other fist, and finally he lets her go, but continues down the road in an angry path for his car. 
"Who do you think you are?" Hyuna scolds as she follows quickly behind. "You not only just embarassed me in front of my friends, but you hit my best one of all!"
"Oh really," JunHyung turns to confront her, "That's your best friend is it?"
Hyuna crosses her arms over her chest. "Yes, yes he is. And i love him."
JunHyung blinks, face unchanging. Then the corner of his mouth twitches into a crooked smile. "Ha, fine. Fine!" he waves his hand over his head as he walks to his white car, parked alongside the road. 
"Arrr!" Hyuna stomps her foot in anger as she watches him go, and then turns to leave on her own. 

She mumbles incoherent curses about JunHyung as she walks aimlessly down the road. She feels so angry...so confused. JunHyung obviously jumped to conclusions about Yong Guk without even knowing him! Guk was a great guy! And JunHyung had hit him! What a jerk! What an ! What an overprotective fool...
The sound of a car creaps up behind Hyuna as she storms down the street. She glances to her left to see JunHyung in his white car, just cruising down the  road at her walking pace. She stops and the car comes to a hault. She stares at it for a moment and then looks ahead and continues on; the car follows. 
"Argh!" she turns to confront the car. "Go away!" she shouts. 
The dark passanger seat window rolls down to reveal JunHyung leaning over to see her out the window. "Just get in the car, Hyuna." he says without emotion.
She turns back to the street and casually continues on her way. "Oh, tempting...really it is, but...no i dont think i will." 
"Come on, Hyuna," JunHyung continues as the car follows along, "What do you want me to do? Like it or not our wagons are hitched together."
"Like it or not." Hyuna mumbles to herself and nods. 
JunHyung sighs, "What do you want me to say?" he says, quieter now, "Im sorry? Is that what you're looking for?"
Hyuna grinds her teeth together and stares ahead as she nears the next block. 
JunHyung speeds ahead and turns in front of the next street to cut off Hyuna's path. She stops and stares at him with open as he puts the car in park and comes out, leaving it running. She shakes her head and turns to keep going down the road and away from him. 
"Hyuna," JunHyung runs up and lightly takes her elbow.
She pulls her arm free and quickens her pace. 
"Hyuna, please," JunHyung sounds a bit aggravated as he quickens his pace and walks by her side. He slips his hand into hers and pulls her to walk at a slower pace. He steps around her and confronts her head on, making her stop. He stares into her eyes, still holding onto her hand. Now his expression has changed, his eyes are gentle. He takes a breath. "I'm sorry," he almost whispers. He glances away and then back to Hyuna. "I'm sorry, alright? I...i think i may have overreacted...or something? But i shouldnt have hit your friend like that. I embarassed you...and for that...im really very sorry."
She stands and stares at his clear, brown eyes; they seem so...sincere. She turns her head to the side a bit and narrows her eyes, trying to think about it all. "Apology...accepted." she states. 
He nods, still holding her gaze. Then he fidgets his hand and intertwines his fingers in hers and walks to her side, still looking deeply into her eyes. "Will you come with me, now?" he asks quietly.
Hyuna shrugs and looks away as they walk back to the car together. JunHyung opens the door for and helps her in.

On the way back to his home, Hyuna tries to sort though all her feelings about what just happened. The apology...as sincere as it may have seemed, that's what players did. They lied and played the game by their own rules. But he hit Guk because he thought that Guk was trying to keep Hyuna from leaving...what would the point of that had been? And he...kissed her...but then he left her right away. Why? Was the kiss bad? Did the kiss mean...nothing to him?
Hyuna sighs as she watches the city pass by the window. JunHyung glances between the road and watching her. She chews on one of her finger nails as she seems to be in deep thought about something. JunHyung's hand reaches out to take ahold of her hand in her lap but he stops halfway. He stays still for a moment, thinking. After a short while, he withdrawls his hand and clears his throat as he tries to concentrate on the road. 

~

JunHyung pulls the car into the same garage as earlier. He cuts the engine, sits back, and turns to Hyuna, but she already has the door open and is standing outside. She shuts the car door and then slowly starts heading in towards the house. JunHyung sighs and then gets out to follow her into the house. 
Hyuna walks in and makes her way to the island bar in the kitchen. She quietly takes out her files and sits on the stools to look over her work. JunHyung leans forward on the counter in front of her and looks down to her. She diligently looks through her papers and then stills; her eyes glance up towards him and then look around uncertainly.
"Oh, uh, you...workin?" JunHyung asks as he stands up and puts a hand through his hair, making it look fluffier as he smiles warily. 
"Mhm," she answers in a high pitched squeek. 
JunHyung straightens and looks over the stuff she's sorting through. "More Batman articles..."
"That's right." she states. 
JunHyung walks around the table and over to her side. 
"And what's the world saying about this...Batman?" he smirks.
Hyuna sighs, "Mixed stuff...i suppose..."
"Really?" JunHyung looks closer at the headlines. "Batman Holds Up Drug Store? What...what is this?" he scoffs as he takes a seat next to Hyuna.
"Well i personally think its a load of bull ," she replies, and JunHyung looks to her with a surpised expression.
"Do you?"
"Of course," she nods, still looking down at her papers. 
"Why...why do you think so? I mean...all of these articles seem sort of...negative."
"That's why," she looks up to him, "They're negative articles...and the Batman...is good."
"What makes you so sure?" JunHyung searches her eyes.
"I just know," she shrugs as she turns back to her work, "Every...cell in my body just knows, absolutely knows that he's a the good part of this city." JunHyung watches her speak so enthusiastically. She glances his way and then slowly turns to him. "What?" she asks quietly. 
"Oh," JunHyung looks away, "It's nothing...it just seems like...like maybe you're a little taken by this...batman." he smirks a bit to himself.
She smiles, confirming his suspiscion. "I dont know," she says calmly, "Maybe i am."
He blinks, "And why is that?"
"Hmm," she turns her head as she thinks, "Because he is a genuinely good guy. He doesnt seem like the type that would treat anyone wrongly." JunHyung watches her intently. "I dont think he's the type that would cheat, or lie, or steal, or hurt anyone. I dont think he would ever...hit a girl. I dont think...i just think... i think hes the opposite of GDragon. And i think there's a lot of hope for the city in him."
JunHyung breathes slowly as he takes in her words. She means them. Every single word...she has more hope in Batman than he even thought possible. How is it that he feels jealous of...batman? He feels jealous of Bang Yong Guk. But batman...how can he be jealous of himself? 
Hyuna glances up and meets his eyes and shrugs as she smiles.
JunHyung smiles back and looks down to the folder. "So, do you need any help?" he asks as he reaches for another story.
She laughs and nods, "Yes, that would be nice! If you just want to help me... sort this into bull and... truth."
JunHyung laughs as he reads through the files. 

~

The day goes by fast and JunHyung and Hyuna work together to clear Batman's name. Once into it, they talk more easily with eachother and share more personal information as they get to know eachother...because of Batman. They even laugh and joke together as they leave to attempt cooking pizza for an early dinner. 

After dinner, they even decide to put in a movie in JunHyung's theatre room. Hyuna sits on the couch as he puts in the DVD, and then he turns and awkwardly stands for a moment, not sure if he should sit next to Hyuna or further down the couch. In the end, he decides to sit a bit away, but as the movie continues, somehow he gets closer and closer to her, until he can put his arm around her on the couch. She slides just a bit closer, so that her side can feel the warmth of his own. 
The atmosphere almost feels awkward as suddenly they both feel more self conscious about how loud their breathing, or how close their bodies are. By the time the movie ends, both feel relieved. 

As JunHyung gets up to take the movie out, Hyuna suddenly gasps, causing him to turn back quickly. 
She stares at him with panic-stricken eyes. 
"What is it?" JunHyung asks, suddenly feeling terrified as he looks around the room.
"I...I..." Hyuna stammers as she looks at him, "I...had to work at the restaurant today! I was going to go there after i turned my story in at the Seoul Headline!" she looks down in disgrace, "This is my third offense. Ive been...fired."
JunHyung looks at her and watches her expression and change from terror to sorrow. Her eyes gloss over with fresh tears as she looks down to her hands in her lap. 
"Um," JunHyung looks around and then slowly walks towards her, "It's okay..."
"No, no it's not going to be okay. I just lost my job." she whispers as a tear threatens to break free. 
"Shh shh, no," JunHyung sits on the couch next to her with his hands clasped together between his legs as he tries to comfort her. "You dont need that job! You're working at the Seoul Headline now..."
"Oh my god," Hyuna's eyes close as she leans her head back towards the ceiling, "I just yelled at my mentor today about the whole Batman issue! They're probably angry at me too!"
JunHyung stares at her for one second and then suddenly makes a strange snorting sound as he tries to hold back a sudden burst of laughter. 
Hyuna gasps and sits up, glaring at him with gaping. 
"No," he says with a smile overtaking his face, "No dont look at me like that! Im sorry! Im really sorry!"
"Oh yeah, i bet!" she snaps, "Really very sorry, right? Argh you're impossible!" she hides her face in her hands. 
"No, i'm not!" JunHyung laughs openly now.
"Yes, yes you are." Hyuna says as she sits up with her hands in her lap.
"No, it's not funny, i know. But for you to go through such lengths for Batman...i really think that's great."
"Huh." Hyuna scoffs. 
"No, im serious," JunHyung manages to control his laughing fit now, "I really truly think it's great what you're trying to do, here."  he looks to her to see that she's looking off to the side, clearly aggravated. He reaches over and takes ahold of her hand on her lap, rubbing his thumb over the back. "It is great. And you dont have to worry your job, they wont fire you because you're going to write a great article. And you dont need that job at a restaurant anyways, you're better than that."
Hyuna blinks and looks up to him and he returns her gaze. He seems to genuine and kind now. How is it that her opinion of him can constantly change?

Hyuna gets up from the couch and makes her way towards the steps.
"Where are you going?" JunHyung calls back to her.
"Changing." she replies as she ascends the steps. 
She goes into her room and picks out comfy sleeping clothes to change into in the bathroom. She comes out to her room to find JunHyung leaning against the door from the hall. He's looking down, playing with his fingers, but when he hears the bathroom door open, he looks up and straightens up. 
"I uh...was just seeing if you were going to go to bed?" he asked with a sheepish grin.
Hyuna smiles back to him as she makes her way to her bed. "Yes, i am." she laughs as she pulls the covers back.
"Here?" JunHyung asks a little too curiously as he watches her.
"Yes, of course."
"I thought...i thought you said the bed was too big for you?"
Hyuna turns and smirks at him. Does he want her to sleep in his room again? Even after she had told Guk all about it? Again, her mind wrestled with conflicting ideas of JunHyung as the arrogant, rich boy player she had always thought he was...and this new kind, caring sweet image of him that she was just starting to get used to. And of course...her own feelings for him as well. She did want to sleep in his room...in his arms; but not tonight. She couldnt tonight. 
She smiles in effort to let him know that she cares, but shrugs as she sits on the bed. "I think this will be fine," she says as she looks at how small she looks in the huge bed.
JunHyung nods and looks away as he turns to leave. "Alright, good." he sounds colder. 
"JunHyung," Hyuna calls after him, stopping him in his place, "I wanted to say that...im sorry." her eyes wince with the bitter words. JunHyung smirks and turns back to her. "I shouldnt have intruded on you last night."
"Oh," JunHyung looks away again and rubs the back of his head, "It's...okay." he shrugs. 
"No, i've already intruded upon your home...i shouldnt have intruded your personal space too. I was in a weak moment. And...im sorry i told Guk about it..." she whispers.
JunHyung nods, still making his way out the door. He pauses in the doorway, hand on the door handle and looks back to her. "You're not an intrusion. You've never been an intrusion."
Hyuna's eyes widen a bit with the blatancy of his words, but her words are cut off as he shuts the door and heads down the hall.

Hyuna nods to herself in her dark, quiet bedroom. "Yes," she says quietly to herself, "I may have intruded into your home...but...i think you have intruded into my heart." with the word out and the realization of it, a pain strikes her chest, crippling her. She holds onto her sides, trying to keep herself together...or trying to piece her tearing heart back together. There are too many thoughts, too much to analyze, too many emotions. But she does now that she cares for JunHyung more than she thought she could.

She lays back into her bed and pulls the sheets up. She just stares at the blank ceiling as she tries to sort her thoughts as her eyelids became heavier and heavier.
She hated herself for getting angry at JunHyung even after all he's done for her...but when he acted so cold after he kissed her, it made her feel as if she was nothing special afterall; as if it all had just been a test and she had failed. Was Junhyung playing with her mind? Did Junhyung actually like her at all? She couldnt tell...and she hated that. 

~

Hyuna's cell phone alarm wakes her up at three in the morning, too late for JunHyung to stay up and too early for him to wake. She pulls the covers off and changes her clothes. She piles pillows under the sheets to make it look like she's still sleeping. She grabs an old backpack from her closet and hurries out to the hall, locking the bedroom door behind her as she takes the key from over top of the doorway. She had texted Yong Guk during the movie, telling him that she would meet him at his shop at three thirty for her design, which he told her was difficult but possible to do in such a short amount of time. And Junhyung could never know. With him hanging around her, he would surely find out at any other time.

She tiptoes down the hall, listening to nothing but the light pad of her feet on the wood floors, but even that seems like it echos through the mansion.  She worries about all the security and surveilance that JunHyung had mentioned, but she had been smart enough to pay attention to his passcodes upon entering the mansion this time, so hopefully she could get in and out just like him. She pauses at the garage door to see a blinking red light on the wall. The security is armed. She opens the pad and hits the key to disarm the alarms. Her heart races inside her chest as she mumbles the passcode as she inserts it.
"89...12...19." she hits enter and the red blinking light turns to a green blinking light. 
She sighs and smiles to herself as she watches the security box as she opens the garage door. Silence. She covers to stiffle her giddy laugh as she slips out into the dark garage. She uses her phone as a light to guide her through the dark rooms. She stumbles over things lying around the garage floor until she makes it to the back wall. She's not too confident, but she's pretty sure he had some bicycles along the far wall. She was right. Hanging from hooks on the ceiling are five of the nicest bikes she's ever seen; slick and shiny. Some BMX bikes others for long distance and even off roading ones. She pulls the black BMX off the wall and slips out the garage, manually pulling it open by hand just enough for her and the bike to slide underneath. And then she's off, down the long driveway to the gate, where she enters the same code and rides down the dark road. Once she gets to the lighted streets of Seoul, going fast on her new bike, she feels more free and gets an adrenaline rush. She rushes by other shady guys on the road but she's almost certain they could never see her coming or going. 
She makes it to Guk's store in much less time than she ever would have on her old beaten up bike. She parks JunHyung's bike in the back by the garage door and quietly enters through the back door.
She sneaks into Guk's workshop down stairs and hits the light switch for the lights overhead, lighting up the cold, hard workroom. 
"Wow," Guk blinks as he looks up at the lights from the other side of the room, "That's not obvious."
Hyuna smiles as she enters. "Theres no one else here, right?"
"Right." Guk walks up to Hyuna and looks down at her. She smirks up to him but he sighs. "Im not sure i like this..."
"It's alright!" Hyuna cooes as she touches his arm lightly, "It'll all be fine. No one will find out."
"Yeah, i know they wont." Guk nods as he turns to get a box down from the top shelf, "So i made some of my own additions for...effect." he smirks as he reaches in an pulls up a black outfit.
Hyuna's mouth drops as she smiles at the sleek looking black rubber material. "It looks great!" she reaches out and takes the outfit to inspect it. Her eyes narrow and she tries to hide a smirk as she holds up two black things on the hood of the hat. "What are these?"
"Ears." Guk answers with a nod, "They're equiped with like a sort of sound amplifier i took from an older stereo system. They go into your ears on the inside like headphones and they will boost your hearing abilities."
"Oh," Hyuna pouts her lips and nods, "Tell me more."
"Glad you asked," Guk smiles for real now as he takes the suit and holds it up. "The design is tight fitting but stretchable to enable flexiblility and comfort for you. The rubber is pretty thick in itself but in the vital areas i added extra padding just in case. I sewed biker gloves onto the arm openings to help with grip, but i included bent metal tips to give you an extra edge, you're never without a weapon."
"They look like claws."
"Like i said, never without a weapon," he nods, "The feet are actually black ballet slippers with rubber bottoms, again for flexibility, comfort, and grip. The whole thing is pretty light honestly and water resistant. Fire restistant...no. Watch out for that. The head part is made from a helmet that i cut. It will fit around your head but the face is open so you can see and breathe easily. I cut out a ski mask so your goggles dont fog up but it still should cover your eyes a bit to hide...your identity i guess. "
Hyuna laughs and nods. 
"There are some pockets along the leather type pants and a belt with compartants for any....womanly materials."
"Oh whatever!" Hyuna playfully slaps his arm and then takes the costume back. "Guk...what's this?" she pulls out a long black cord from the back of the outfit.
Guk blinks.
"Yong Guk, it looks like a tail."
"It is." he says with a stoic expression, "BUT it doubles as a grappling cord. It can uncoil from the backside padding to be a sort of life line you could say."
"...It's a tail." 
"Life line."
Hyuna shakes her head and smiles. "This is better than i could have imagined!"
"Try it on," Guk holds his hand out to the small lower level bathroom. 
Hyuna smiles and rushes inside to change. Guk was right, the material fits tightly but it stretches and is comfortable. It also seems fitted...almost exactly. 

She steps out for Guk to see, twirling the tail in her hand.
"How does it look?" she smirks.
Yong Guk's eyes are wide as he stares at her. The outfit certainly brings out her figure. But he shakes his head, "I changed my mind. I dont like this. Take it off and give it back." he steps forward with his hand outstretched.
"What?" Hyuna exclaims as she back, "No, it's mine! it's perfect!"
"This is crazy! How did you talk me into this?! This is so dangerous!"
Hyuna smirks, "You did it for me because you are perfect." Hyuna steps up and places her hands on his shoulders.
Guk stares down at her mischevious smirk and smiles back. "I also added a type of blue tooth into the headset. it connects to your personal cell phone which is attached to your belt. I took the opportunity of presetting myself as the emergency contact. So...call me for anything."
"Of course!" Hyuna laughs and nods. "So what am i supposed to be then? A cat?"
"Exactly."
"And why's that?"
"It's for Slick."
Hyuna blinks as she stares into Guk's big, caring eyes. He knows her so well...cares for her so much. And she does love him, very much. But only as a friend. She chokes back tears and nods. 
"I thought the material looked nice in black to help blend in. Dark and...slick. Plus you're amazing at aerobatics and gymnastics so it can move freely. Like a cat. The stuff is soft so you can move quietly...like a cat." 
Hyuna laughs and nods again. "Okay, i get it. It was a good choice. And it's just so...perfect."
"So you're really going to do this, then?" he asks.
She steps back with her hands on her hips, "Yup!" she smiles and then puts on the mask to cover her eyes. "Say, you wouldnt want to...on nevermind."
"What?" Guk asks as he steps forward to stop her from leaving. 
"Oh it's nothing. You wouldnt be interested." she shrugs. 
"Stop it," Guk frowns and Hyuna smiles.
"Alright! Could you possibly...tag along? Like help me out my first time?"
"You mean like what? Steal something?"
"No!" Hyuna slaps Guk's arm, "Im not a theif! This is a way to help rid the streets of BigBang..."
"So you are going after BigBang!"
Hyuna steps back, "Of course, you knew that."
"I thought you were taking pictures for your newspaper of that bat guy."
Hyuna shrugs. "That too."
"There's no way you're taking on BigBang. No Way!"
"That's why i need your help!"
"Give me that suit back..." Guk steps forward. 
"No!" Hyuna moves back towards the door, "You can either come with me now and help me learn or stay behind and let me fend for myself!"
Guk stops and stares at her. "No other options?" he asks quietly.
Hyuna shakes her head. "Nope."
"I can stop you..."
"Not really." 
Guk and Hyuna stare eachother down. "Why dont you just let that bat guy handle the crime like he has been?"
"So you admit that the batman is good?"
"Thats not the argument we're having..."
"But you admitted it!"
"If it will keep you away from GD and BigBang then fine! Yes, i admit it!"  Hyuna smirks as she thinks of her own victory, but Yong Guk is still unhappy. His face softens and he seems more worried. "Please?" he asks quietly again.
Hyuna sighs and moves forward to take his hand in hers. She stares down at his big, grease-stained hands; warm and caring. "I really need this Guk. He took...everything from me." she looks up into his eyes, "My home, my cat, my mother...my heart." 
Guk sighs and looks away to grimace. He looks back into her sweet eyes and shakes his head. "This is crazy," he mumbles.
Hyuna smiles just a bit as she rubs the back of his hands. "Thank you, Yong Guk. For everything." Hyuna stands up on her tippy toes and plants a light kiss on Guk's cheek. 
 

 

 

 

[OMG so sorry it took me forever and that this was so short and just plain weird! ive been sooooo busy lately! but ill keep working on it! :) 
btw dont forget to follow me (@PuppyLo3e) and GDragon (@IBGDRGN) and JunHyung (@Joker891219) and Guk (@BAP_BangYongGuk) on Twitter!!!!! XD
ALSO B2ST, BAP, and 2ne1 are coming back this month!! GD in August!!! so support them!!
ive also been thinking through some ideas for a 4th fanfic with the same cast hehehe i may need help so ill make polls soon]