Chapter 6

Infinitely Forever

 

Changmin stood in front of the door. He remembered it precisely, the door was painted white and there used to be a silver door knocker. Its white color had faded and the door knocker wasn’t there anymore.

He straightened his coat for a bit, cleared his throat. He ran his hand on the slick hair of him for the umpteenth time of the day. He wasn’t nervous, he’s afraid. He’s afraid that he couldn’t fix his parents’ broken hearts after 10 years. He’s afraid his parents’ couldn’t accept him after all those years, or even worse, his parents’ forgot about him. Changmin was afraid of all of those things.

Changmin relaxed the muscles in his limbs, tried to slow down his own heartbeat. He lifter his right hand to knock on the door, and soon the tip of his knuckles clashed with the door’s surface, made faint sounds, but somehow he knew that it’d wake someone inside up.

The door opened for a bit, but Changmin couldn’t bring himself to get inside. It felt strange, and not homey like before.  Suddenly, a head popped up from the small gap, it’s a young man. “Excuse me ?”

Changmin was surprised, he didn’t expect to see someone but his parents. “Umm, is this Mr. & Mrs. Kim’s residence ?” He stepped back a bit.

The man went out, revealed himself. “Mr. Kim ? As in Mr. Taeyeon Kim ?”

“Yeah ! Yes...is this his house ?”

“Who are you ?”

Changmin hesitated to give his identity to this stranger, but then he managed to answer it. “I’m Mr. Kim’s son, Kim Changmin. Nice to meet you.” He bowed to the man, but the latter held his shoulder.

“Changmin ? It’s Yunho !” The young man pointed at himself, he looked excited.

Changmin’s brain searched for who Yunho was to Changmin, then found it immediately. Changmin suddenly jumped excitedly, shook Yunho’s hand vigorously.

“Yunho ? Jung Yunho ?” Yunho nodded then hugged the taller man.

“Where have you been, man ? Come in.”

Changmin sat in front of the TV in the living room, feeling weird because the it’s familiar but also strange at the same time.

“Why are you here ?”

“I live here for the past 3 years.”

“What ?” The young Kim jolted up from his seat.

Yunho walked closer then sat beside him. “I know maybe this is new to you, but ever since Seohyun moved out, your parents...”

“Seohyun moved out ?”

“Yeah, with Yoong but I don’t know where she mo...”

“Yoong ?”

“Her husband.”

“What ?” Changmin barely drop the coffee cup in his hand.

“Chill, dude. She really didn’t say anything to you ?”

“No. She’s married ?”

Yunho only nodded. “I heard that Yoong’s the one that insisted to move out. He’s a good man, though. I went to their wedding.”

Changmin was deep in thought after listening to Yunho. So, he really missed everything that happened all those years. He didn’t know his sister moved out from the house, he didn’t know she had married with a guy, he even didn’t know who the guy was.

“Where’s my parents ?”

Yunho hesitated to answer Changmin, he didn’t know the childhood bestfriend would go back and popped out from nowhere, asking him questions like that. “Your parents moved out a few months after Seohyun moved.”

“Where are they now ?”

Yunho inhaled lots of air, letting them to enter his lungs, just to let them out again before answering Changmin. “Nursing home.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone !! How long has it been ? 2 years ? 3 years ? 

No. It's been 3 days -__-"

I'm so sorry I didn't update this story for such 72 hours long T__T

Here it is !! You're right, the young man's Changmin :p

FYI, I'm a fangirl of Changmin hehehe :-)

And actually there's another couple that I think about, and I ended up putting Mr. Shim as Taeny's son here.

You know ? Keep it for yourself, don't tell anyone :D

And there's Yunho ! :O He's hot ^^

Unfortunately Yunho don't get much part here T__T

Alright, so tell me your thoughts about this chapter on the comment box *point at comment box*

And subscribe :D

Ciao~!