Chapter 3

Infinitely Forever

 

Taeyeon found himself sleeping on the couch in his room, the TV was delivering unknown sounds. He put on his glasses and in the TV there were clips of band that copied The Beatles’s style. Mop hair, neat black coat, old style guitar. The sight brought the memories back, and he couldn’t help but grin at the memory.

They were on his car, heading home after one tiring day. The two lovers were drown in a comfortable silence, but his his fingers pushed the button on the tape. He nodded his head rhythmically, along with the music.

“Who’s this ?”

“Beatles. All time favorite.” He grinned.

“Presley is better.” She chuckled.

“What ? Presley ? He’s a rebel and swayed his hips too much.”

“He’s hot.”

He turned his head to her and stared in disbelief. “Hot ? You mean he’s hotter than me ?”

“What ? Oh yeah of course, he’s hotter than you.And, he knows how to dance. ”

“But I got better hips to make you scream. At night, especially.” He smirked and let out his signature laugh.

She was blushing, but still managed to keep her cool. “Really ? You got better hips ? You know, usually I’m on top and you didn’t—mmph !”

He kissed her fully, cut her words. The kiss slowly turned hot and he started to use his tongue. After a while, they pulled away. They were breathing heavily, her chest heaved up and down.

Taeyeon leaned down and whispered in her ear, “So, still think he’s better ?” He smirked.

“How about proving what you said before ? Your hips. Is it really good ?”

Thank God it was dark and quiet, so people couldn’t hear her pleasurable scream pierced the night sky.

Taeyeon grinned. She’s never been so aggresive before, but he couldn’t even stay on top that night. ‘She’s a real tiger.’ He thought.

He was pulled into the real world when someone knocked on the door. The person peeked from the door’s gap and smiled at him. “Lunch ?”

He nodded and motioned her to come closer. “I want to have my lunch with you.”

Sooyoung stepped into his small yet tidy room and sat beside the man. “You’ve been sleeping ?”

“Nope. Just woke up. What’s there for lunch ?”

“Porridge and boiled chicken with...” Sooyoung was telling him about his lunch menu when Taeyeon interrupted.

“I want to have lunch outside.” He hated it when the cook from the nursing home gave him tasteless food. He never wanted to be treated like a sick old man. He’s just old, but he never felt anything wrong.

“But...Alright.” Sooyoung helped him and they walked to her car.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Taeyeon soon found himself sitting inside a restaurant, staring at Sooyoung who her lips all over again at the sight of menu book. ‘Shikshin.’ He thought.

“So, Si-I mean, Dad, what do you want to have ?”

He read some of the menu and finally chose one. “Welldone tenderloin.”

“Alright. So, I’d like to have a welldone tenderloin, make it very welldone and easily chewed. And then a welldone sirloin, and oh, there’s nachos ? Nachos too, with two glasses of iced tea.”

The waitress nodded and wrote the ordered foods . After she repeated the list of the food she left Sooyoung and Taeyeon.

Taeyeon looked outside, it was raining. She loved rain, a lot. She used to ask him to play under the rain, though they weren’t young enough to do something like that.

“Dad.”

Sooyoung’s call broke his train of memories of her, pulled him into the reality. “Yeah ? The food’s here ?”

“No, the food’s not here yet. Umm, what did she say last night ?”

Taeyeon looked down for a while then answered her question. “She said my hand was warm.”

“Did you hold her hand ?”

“I always hold her everytime we meet.”

“But this is your first time saying that you hold her...” Sooyoung tilted her head in confusion.

“She rejected me before, one touch and I found myself got dragged out of the room. I never wanted to talk about it, it’s painful.” His expression was blank, but Sooyoung could see the sadness twinkled in his eyes.

She reached for his hand and squeezed it. “Means last night was a progress, right ? You should tell the doctor.”

“It didn’t mean anything, though. The doctor had said it before, that she may doesn’t see me as someone scary, but she won’t remember who I am because of the Alzheimer. I am forgotten, Sooyoung.”

Taeyeon’s words made Sooyoung’s grip on his hand went tighter, and tears brimmed in her eyes. “Please don’t give up.”

Taeyeon suddenly remembered something when he heard what Sooyoung said. A lot of people said lots of ‘don’t give up’, but none of them stay close to him, only the doctor.

“Mrs.Tiffany Kim ?”

Taeyeon jolted up from his seat, his hand held her hand tightly.

“Yeah ?”

The nurse motioned them to enter the doctor’s practice room.

Inside, she was said to go through some examinations, while he waited anxiously.

After a while, the doctor was back to his seat and took off her glasses, she looked a bit worried.

“Sir, I’ve done with the examinations.”

“Yes...”

“Did she looked like avoiding you sometimes ?”

Taeyeon looked up, tried to remember. “Well, she did say that she wanted to sleep in another room sometimes.”

The doctor nodded. “Alright, and did she forget usual things ? I mean like, a close friend’s name, or an important date for her ?”

“She forgot our school’s name.”

“I see. Mr. Kim, unfortunately...” The doctor paused for a bit.

“Yeah ?”

“There’s a syndrome that made your wife did things that I mentioned before. It’s called as Capgras Syndrome. Capgras Syndrome makes your wife see you as someone else, or she’ll see you turn into something scary, something she doesn’t like. But actually, Capgras Syndrome doesn’t come alone, in Mrs. Kim’s case. It comes with Alzheimer, the one that makes your wife forget things and sometimes your wife can see something delusional, hallucinations, but it’s so believable for her.”

It felt like the world had turned upside down, the sky was falling down, the stars and the moon were on his level. He’s never heard of the cure of Alzheimer, and what the hell is Capgras ? Why does it have to be invading Tiffany ? Taeyeon felt like he’s puking, because the things around him were spinning so fast, made him went dizzy.

“Alzheimer ? What can I do to heal her then...” His voice was shaky. Anyone could tell that he’s ready to spill the tears.

“For now, don’t give up.”

Taeyeon chuckled then smiled bitterly remembering the doctor’s words. The doctor, Kim Hyoyeon still hang on him and her, but people that said the same words left right after the closed their mouths. How ironic.

The clank of the plates and the spoon pulled him out of the trance. “Food’s here. Wah, your tenderloin looked yummy !”

Taeyeon laughed softly at Sooyoung’s remarks. ‘This girl is very cute and energetic when it comes to food.’ He thought. Sooyoung was one of his good friend, accompaniment, ever since he entered the nursing home. She came as a volunteer and she also did some research for her final assignment in college. Taeyeon didn’t believe it when Sooyoung said that she lived in the orphanage since she was a kid, because her dad was a drunk and her mom left them.

Life’s cruel indeed, even to a decent and nice woman like Sooyoung. She went to the church regularly, a good friend to lots of people. Full scholarship, straight A student, what else you could ask for ?

“Finish already ? So fast.” Sooyoung was done with her food and her plate was shiny clean. She laughed a bit. “I’m kind of fast in eating.”

“I’m done too. Full !” Taeyeon poked his stiff stomach and pushed his plate away.

“Alright. Let’s go !”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capgras Syndrome & Alzheimer TTTT__TTTT

I really did a mini-research of psychological disorders before I wrote this chapter hahaha :D

If you want to know more about Capgras Syndrome & Alzheimer here's the link : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capgras_delusion

http://neuro.questionsthatmatter.info/alz_capgras.php

Anyway, thanks for the comments so far :-) 

Tell me your thoughts about this chapter/story on the comment box ^__^

And subscribe~

Ciao~!