Chapter 1

Infinitely Forever

He dragged his feet when he walked towards the room. It’s late already, midnight would come in 20 minutes. He tried not to make sound, so people wouldn’t wake up. It’s a bit dark, they’d turned off some of the lamps. He found difficulties when he reached the middle part of the corridor, his hands were stretched to find some holds. Suddenly, a pair of hands landed softly on his arm, stopping him from moving further.

“Where are you going, Sir ? It’s late.” She whispered, not wanting people to wake up because of her voice.

He turned around to meet a pair of eyes staring at his own. She smiled and pulled him a bit. “I’m going to have some fresh air.” He tried to get out from her grip, but it seemed like she didn’t want to let go.

“Sir, you want to go there, right ?” Her grip on his arm had loosen. He released himself slowly from her grip and turned away from her. “I want to be the first to congratulate her.”

“I don’t think that her birthday is...”

“It’s our anniversary tomorrow.” He cut her off and slowly walked further, leaving her dumbfounded.

“Sir, but you’re not allowed to be here this late.” She stopped him by standing right in front of the man.

He sighed. No one would understand how determined he was. No one would understand how much he loved her. Heck, he even loved her much more than he loved himself. No one would understand why he would approach her that late just to congratulate, when he had to suffer because his breath would get ragged, and his feet would cramped, but that’s nothing compared to the pain he had to bear if he lost the sight of her.

“Please ? I promise I won’t do this again.” He was begging, something that he didn’t usually do. But this is for her, and he’d do anything.

The tall woman was thinking for a while, then she nodded slowly. “Alright. But you’ll be back when I’m done with my shift, okay ? It’ll end in an hour.”

‘An hour ? That’s way too short.’ He thought. But it’s better than nothing. So he nodded, and said, “Deal. You’ll wait there, right ? You’ll see me walking back.”

The woman excused herself and walked back towards her seat while he was walking towards the room.

He opened the door, the light wasn’t so excessive entering his eyes, so he didn’t have to spend time to adjust his eyes. His sight had gotten worse a few months ago, and the doctor said that he should have the medicine for 3 times a day.

And there she was. Sleeping soundly, softly snoring. She was elegant as always, even in her sleep. Her hands placed neatly on her chest, left hand on top of the right hand.

 

He lifted a chair and placed it near her bed, so he could sit near her. He really wanted to touch her face, trace it with his fingers, feel the softness. But all he did was standing beside the chair he brought, and instead of tracing her face using his fingers, he used his eyes. His eyes travelled from her closed eyes, her cute nose, her pink lips, her slightly exposed collarbone, her perfect mounds, her flat stomach, her honey thighs, her slender legs. He used to use that track to kiss her, at night before they went bed. When they were strong enough to take care of each other.

He sighed when he remembered all those things. They’re like weights that filled his chest, preventing him from breathing, but sweet at the same time. It pained him because he couldn’t do them anymore, not a chance. It also brought him happiness, because those things were always the ones that made him happy. Always. Everything that related to her were bittersweet.

 The room was so quiet, all he heard was her breathing and the machines’ sounds. He hated the sounds, it made him frustrated and reminded him of her condition. Reminded him of her that couldn’t do things that she used to frequently do. The machines’ sounds were constant and chimed in the same time.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

He usually hated silence, since he loved music & sounds so much. He used to go out with her in the morning just to listen to birds chirped, wind blew, and savouring the moment with her. But this kind of sound slowly killing him, the sound ripped his eardrum. Well, maybe after Jessica’s dolphin scream. He didn’t know how his cousin, Yuri, could bear with her scream every night. ‘He must’ve born with special eardrums for Jessica.’ He thought.

He took a look at his wrist watch. 10 minutes to their anniversary. She used to be the first that’d kissed his cheek in the morning and congratulate him. Then she’d ask Jessica to pick their kids from school and told her to look after them only for that day. Two of them would have their own times all day, she’s for him and he’s for her.

The man grinned when he remembered their own times. He’s on top of her, his fingers on her thighs, her lips were trapped between his own. She would undress him first, because she said loved him the most when he’s . But his happy thoughts were interrupted when felt pain invaded his left leg.

“Crap.” He cursed under his breath. ‘Not now,I should wait until 12 a.m.’ He thought. He lifted his left leg, shaking it for a bit, hoping the it’d ease the pain. He took a look at his watch again, and realized that it’d 10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1...

He started to sang their favorite song, the song that they used to dancing to and sing.

You reached into my heart
And found the music of my soul
The melodies unfold
For you

 

I've never danced before
Until you asked me
Then magic lights lit up the floor

Gliding in a starless sky
Until we found the inner light
Now we can duplicate the universe

The pain in painting
The muse in music
The like in I love you

His voice went hoarse, but he kept on singing. He cleared his throat and continued.

When you connect the dots

I see your picture coming through
The story's always you

It's more than harmony
When you sing with me
It's an entire symphony

Don't be afraid, love
We can take it from
The happy ending

The great in grateful
The faith in faithful
The like in I love you

When the song ended, her eyes fluttered open. Her black orbs stared at him, and she smiled.

He smiled back. She gestured him to take the seat on the chair that he brought before. He sat and took her hand, caressed it.

She closed her eyes, while still smiling. “Warm.” Her voice was hoarse too. His grip on her hand got tighter. Then he leaned closer, reaching for her forehead. His lips landed softly on the skin on her forehead. He stayed like that for a while, pouring his feelings into the kiss.

After a minute or so, he pulled away and smiled to her. “You sang for me ?” He only nodded. “Happy anniversary.” He wanted to cry when the words came out from his mouth, it was extremely beautiful. Too beautiful to come out from him.

She smiled again, but her smile was different. ‘Oh God. Please don’t let her say that again.’ He silently pleaded.

“Your voice was beautiful...” She slowly retreated her hand from his grip.

“But I’m sorry, who are you ?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any of you know the song ? It's Brian Wilson's The Like In I Love You :D

I discovered the song this morning and I found it very romantic ^__^

What do you think about this chapter ? Hope it's good enough.

Anyway, comment please...:D

And subscribe :)

Ciao~