Chapter 10

Infinitely Forever

Taeyeon was busy munching on his not so delicious hospital food when someone knocked his door. He stayed still, not bothering to open it. He expected nurse to come inside, but no one did it.

“Who’s that ?” Taeyeon said with his mouth full.

“Me.”

Taeyeon widened his eyes at the figure, who stood in front of him.

He slowly put down his fork, wiped his mouth then stared at the young man in front of him. ‘Am I dreaming ?’

Changmin couldn’t bring his head up to meet his father’s face. He’s too afraid if his hypotheses turned out to be true.

“Son ?” Changmin stayed still, busy with his of fright that’s slowly engulfing him.

“Changmin.”

“Y-y-yeah ?”

“Didn’t I tell you that you should have your head up when you’re talking ? Aren’t you a grown up man now ?” His voice was soft but demanding, made him remember the days when his dad told him about being a grown up.

Changmin finally faced Taeyeon, he was expecting his dad’s stiff face. But what came to his sight was Taeyeon’s dorky wide grin, his eyes was sparkling.

“Y-you’re not...mad at me ?”

“Truthfully, I’ve never get mad at you. Those were just my way to tell you something bad, Min. Come here.” He motioned Changmin to come closer, and the man soon had his body was in his dad’s tight embrace.

Warm. He couldn’t feel any warmer after this. Well, maybe his mom’s hug was the only one that could beat the warmness.

“Dad ?”

“Hmm ?” He patted his back. “You know, you’ve grown. A lot. You’re much more taller than me now.”

“Ive always taller, Dad. Umm, are you really serious when you said that you’ve never get mad at me ?”

“Only when you made fun of my Dookong.”

Changmin roared a big laughter upon hearing his dad’s words.

“That’s not funny. It’ll never be funny to me.”

“But Dad, it’s really...” Changmin couldn’t finish his sentence remembering Taeyeon’s face when he played with Dookong.

“Dad, can I play with this ?”

“Umm, yeah sure.” Taeyeon was serious at making some reports, he didn’t notice what was Changmin asking for.

“Really ?”

“Yeah, play with it.” Taeyeon thought Changmin was referring to Tiffany’s Totoro. ‘Fany can buy thousands more if Changmin ripped this one.’ He thought.

Changmin then walked out of the room with the green plushie in his hand, skipping happily.

A few minutes later, Taeyeon heard Tiffany was shouting, calling for him.

“Taeyeon ! Look at what your son has done !”

 He ran as quick as he could (which wasn’t really quick, due to his not-so-long legs) towards his wife.

“What ? Where ?” Tiffany pointed at their son who played with the plushie, outside in the front yard.

“Nyahahaha ! You like peas, Mike ? Whoa, John wants this too !” The boy clapped happily at the sight in front of him.

“Changmin !” Taeyeon picked his son up from the pond. He put his son, which was now wet with the water from the pond, and let Tiffany took care of the boy.

“My babies !” The sight of Dookong was really frightening for him. Dookong was floating on the pond, the fishes’ food were scattered on the poor green plushie while some fishes played with it because of the tempting fish food.

Taeyeon picked up the wet Dookong, smelling it. “Ugh ! What do I do now ? You’re so smelly !”

Well, Taeyeon ended up buying the new one after Tiffany’s whines at night. She couldn’t stand the fish food’s smell interrupting their y time.

“Really, that’s not funny at all.”

“Yeah, haha I know. Won’t do that again.”

Taeyeon only nodded. “Actually you should buy me a new one. Ah, what are you doing for living now ?”

“I’m a vice president now. And the company is going to open an office in Seoul, so yeah, I’ll be the president for the South Korea’s branch.”

“Seriously ? Whoa, you’re so cool.”

Changmin grinned. “Yeah, of course. I brought this, Dad.” He took something out from the paperbag he brought.

“Dookong !” Taeyeon reached for the newly bought green plushie, holding it closer to his chest.

“Do you like that ? I went to the factory a few weeks ago. It was really cool, Dad ! You’ll love it ! A world where all you see is Dookong ! Whoa, you’ll really love it.”

“I’d rather seeing you, your mom, and Seohyun without Dookong, son.” Taeyeon’s eyes turned sad.

Changmin held his father’s hand and said, “Don’t worry. We’ll have a good ending, Dad.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------