Chapter 13

Infinitely Forever

His heart beat faster than ever, even faster than when he proposed to his wife. Taeyeon looked down at his hand, he saw Changmin was holding his hand tightly, made Taeyeon remember the time when his son’s first day at school.

“Everything will be okay.” Changmin’s voice pulled him out of his trance of thought.

Taeyeon only nodded. For the past few days, he knew Changmin was the one that running around to make sure that everything would be alright, for him and for the people that he loved.

“But there’s still a possibility that I’ll die, right ?”

“Everything will be OKAY.” Changmin emphasized the word ‘okay’.

Taeyeon closed his eyes, smelling the medicines around him, feeling the hospital breeze that softly wrapped him around. He then opened his eyes, in front of him was the surgery room’s door.

He looked up, Changmin was smiling at him. “Trust me, everything will be okay. I love you.” His son pecked Taeyeon’s cheek.

Changmin’s dad only stared at his son, and let out a faint smile. Actually, he didn’t really believe his words, but to put on some believe and trust wouldn’t hurt, right ?

Changmin slightly pushed the bed towards the door, until it disappeared to the room. Little did Taeyeon knew, that another bed was trailing behind closely.

Changmin smiled to the figure that was laying nervously on the second bed. “I’m telling you, you’re doing the right thing.”

Nod was all that she did. She’s indeed nervous, she’s afraid that it’d lead to something unwanted. “I’ve told you, it’ll all be okay. I love you.” Changmin placed a peck on her forehead, and suprisingly, the short kiss brushed off her fear even just for a bit.

“Thank you.” Her voice was a bit hoarse.

Changmin held her hand tightly, convincing her that nothing would go wrong. He then pushed the bed along with the nurses until the door blocked his sight.

The young man sat on a nearby bench, head was down. Changmin closed his eyes, he crossed his fingers. ‘I beg You, God. Save my parents and let the happiness be upon us. Amen.’

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The lights above were blinding him. They’re way too bright, he needed time to adjust his eyes to the rays that was rapidly invading.

Taeyeon saw the one of the doctor injected something to his IV tube, and soon he found himself drowned into a very deep slumber, black all over.

Not so long after, he saw a big grassy field with beautiful flowers around. Taeyeon looked around, trying to find someone he knew. It’s not possible for him to just magically being in the middle of the field, right ?

“Daddy !” Taeyeon turned his head towards the voice.

A girl was running towards him with a grin plastered on her flawless face. “Daddy, look ! The flowers are so beautiful !” Then the girl tugged at his shirt, she wanted to be carried.

“Hyun ?” Taeyeon looked at the girl weirdly. Oh come on, his youngest daughter had gone leaving him years ago, and now she’s back in a mini form of herself ?

“Daddy...” The girl whined, her little fingers started to pull her dad’s white shirt. “Carry me...”

Taeyeon shrugged off the thought and picked Seohyun close to him. “Daddy ! I want to see those flowers !” Seohyun pointed at the flowers and patted her dad’s shoulder excitedly.

“Those flowers ?” Seohyun nodded in excitement. “Here we go, Sergeant Seohyun ! Syooooong....” Taeyeon held Seohyun by her shoulder and legs and imitated a plane’s sound. She giggled happily.

 

“Whoa, can we bring these flowers home, Daddy ?” Seohyun looked at her father with her puppy dog eyes, but Taeyeon refused her request. “I doubt these aren’t ours, Hyun. Mommy had told you that we can’t take something without any permission, right ?” The little girl nodded and slumped her shoulders down.

“How about a Keroro movie marathon tonight ?” Seohyun’s eyes lit up, she clapped her hands in happiness. “Okay ! I’ll ask Mommy and Oppa to join !” She immediately ran away from him, and soon disappeared from his sight.

“Hyun ? Hyun !” Taeyeon called for her name, but the girl didn’t come up.

“She’s with me.” Taeyeon turned around to ask the voice, but then he’s surprised.

She smiled. “Hi. It’s been so long, eh ?”

“Fany-ah...” She stepped closer to him, dressed in white dress that exclaiming her perfect beauty.

“Sorry.” Tiffany began to tear up, but Taeyeon held her immediately in his arms.

“What has happened ? Why is Hyun here ? And you’re...” He took a look ast his wife, she’s young. She had her jet black hair back, with the killer S-line hide behind the thin white layer.

“We’re in somewhere where our beautiful memories are. I’m young, you’re energetic, Seohyun is here. Those are beautiful, right ? And you can be with me, because you’ve been reminiscing about us all this while.”

“Is this forever ?”

Tiffany shook her head sadly. “No, this is a dream, Taeyeonnie. This happened in the past, right ?”

“But...” Tiffany started to disappear when the sky began to show its darkness.

“I’m sorry, these are just a dream. I’m not the real one...” Then she vanished into the darkness, engulfing her completely.

“No ! Tiffany !” Taeyeon reached his hand frantically to the spot where his wife disappeared earlier.

“Dad ?” He felt someone shook his shoulder.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------