The Dinner

How Much is My Love Worth?

 

"Bom,I missed you." Jiyong said lovingly.

 

"Me too Jiyong." Bom said,still hugging Jiyong.

 

When they broke the hug,Bom just noticed Dara and greeted her.
 

"Annyeonghasaeyo..you must be Jiyong fiancée?I'm Park Bom." Bom said extending her right hand to Dara.
 

"Uh..annyeonghasaeyo… yeah,I guess I am,I'm Sandara Park." Dara answered her and shook hands with her.
 

"Omo!she really is pretty." Dara thought.
 

"Polka,I'm you off to your house,I still have to tour Bom around." Jiyong said.

 

"Jiyong,Sandara Park might want to join us.Won't you Sandara Park?" Bom smiled at Dara.
 

 

Dara looked at Jiyong who seemed annoyed by Bom invitation.

 

"Uhm…aniya..kamsahamnida Park Bom..I still have to study for the exams." Dara made excused.

 

"I see..and call me Bom,can I call you Dara?" Bom asked her than smiled.
 

"Sure!" Dara said and smiled at Bom.

 

"Let's go." Jiyong broke their conversation.

 

"Uh,wait Jiyong,I can go home by myself..you can go with Bom." Dara said calmly.
 

"Are you sure Dara?" Bom asked Dara.

 

"Y-yes..it would be out of the way if Jiyong would drive me home." Dara replied.

 

"Hmm..glad to hear that Polka,you'll be just wasting our time.Let's go Bom." Natsume said.
 

"Well,nice to meet you Dara." Bom said before Jiyong held her hand.
 

The two left Dara alone.
 

"Wasting your time huh?YOU JERK!" Dara yelled when Jiyong and Bom was out of her sight.
 

 

Dara POV:

 

 

I went home wondering about what Jiyong said.

 

"Hmm..glad to hear that Polka,you'll be just wasting our time.Let's go Bom.Could it be Jiyong still in love with her? I know it's not my business,but what is this feeling?am I hurt?aniyaa..I shouldn't be..I mean he was forced to marry me so he shouldn't felt anything for me,but what about me?" I reminded once again what has been said by Jiyong.

 

I reached our mansion and I told my family about the dinner the next night.We ate dinner then after that my mom directly went to her closet to find a dress she would wear while dad and Thunder went to the store to find any formal attire to wear.While me?I just stayed in my room and studied..but hell!I couldn't think anything except the last words Jiyong said.Urgh!that jerk!leaving me like that?I mean I know he still loves Bom,but he doesn't need to rub on my face!.

 

"Dara!" my mom called me from outdoor.
 

"Yes mom?" I replied.

 

"Can you open the door,I want to ask you if I looked good in this." I guess my mom want to show me her dress.
 

I opened the door and found my mother wearing a red sleeveless dress which was 3 inches below her knee.
 

"Omo..mom!it looks good on you!" I'm amazed to see my mom wearing the red dress.It's so beautiful to her.

 

"Thanks honey..how about you,what are you wearing?" my mom started to ask.
 

"Uhm..how about the dress I wore when we dated?" I gave her my suggestion.

 

"Oh no Dara!don't wear that dress again,he already saw it.Here,I have something else.I used to wear this when I dated your dad." my mom smirked.
 

My mom led me to their room and pulled out a yellow dress,it has puffed sleeves and a matching black ribbon on the waist, and the lower part of the dress looked like a bubble skirt.

 

"Mom… it's pretty.." once again I'm so amazed after seen the yellow dress.

 

"Hehehe..I'm glad you like it.Now,off to bed..you stil have class tomorrow." my mom smiled at me.
 

"Thanks mom,goodnight." I said before gave my mom a kiss at her right cheek.

 

 

Jiyong POV:
 

 

Me and Bom left Dara and we dined at the restaurant which my family owned.
 

"Jiyong,I like Dara,she's cute and…" Bom praised Dara but I quickly cut her off.
 

"Annoying?" I added.Yeah,she is totally cute but she could be annoying sometimes..
 

"Aniya!" Bom laughed at my comment.."Intelligent." she praised Polka again.

 

"Hmm..she's a pabo." yeah,she is a pabo girl since we first met.

 

"Jiyong..don't be mean,you two look good each other." WHAT?there's something wrong to Bom.How can she said Polka and I were looked good together.Tsk..

 

"I think we looked better." I smiled at her.

 

"Jiyong…" Bom was very seriously.

 

"It's ok Bom,I was just joking.Now,what would you like to eat?" I changed the topic.

 

We ate dinner and went back to the park.

 

"Uhm..Jiyong..do you like Dara?" what was that question.I like Polka?aniyaa...it is nonsense if I like Polka.

 

"Huh." but,why I can't answered her question?!
 

"Is that a yes?" Bom asked me again if I like Polka.

 

"...." I remained silent.
 

"Jiyong,I'm getting married too." Bom told me she is getting married too.
 

"What?" I was surprised what Bom told me.I can't believed it.
 


 

Normal POV:

 

 

"I'm getting married Jiyong..just like you,my dad arranged it for me,he lives in France and that's why I came back to tell you." Bom said sadly.
 

"And you agreed?" Jiyong asked gritting his teeth.

 

"Yes,just like you did." Bom replied crying.

 

"Bom,shhh..don't cry..mianhae..." Jiyong gathered Bom in his arms.
 

"Jiyong,I still love you..but I can't defy my father." Bom can't hold back her tears even though Jiyong told her to stop crying.

 

"I understand.Bom,listen..I'll try to fight for you again..my family is having dinner tomorrow evening with Dara parents,come with me." Jiyong made a decision to bring Bom with him to have a dinner with Jiyong and Dara parents tomorrow.

 

"But..what would happen if…" Bom argued.

 

"Leave that to me..just be there." Jiyong told Bom that he will take the risk if anything happens.

 

"Arasoo.." Bom trusted Jiyong.
 

Jiyong and Bom kissed each other passionately..
 


Jiyong went home after their date and went directly to bed.The next day he attended his classes,teased Dara and went home after their class.Same goes for Dara,both of their families are preparing for the dinner.

 

At around 6:30 pm *Kwon Mansion*:

 

 

"I'm so sorry for my son delayed." Mrs Kwon said.
 

"Aniya..it's fine Mrs Kwon." Mrs Park replied.

 

"Call me Yong Joon,Mr Park." Mr Kwon said politely.
 

"And you may call me Byung Hun,Mr Kwon." Mr Park replied.

 

"Ahh..Dara unni,would you like to play with me after dinner?" Yuri asked Dara.
 

"Sure Yuri-ah!" Dara smiled at the girl.

 

"Omo..Dara has such a lovely smile and she's intelligent too!" Mrs Park said.
 

"Kamsahamnida.. Mrs..." Dara didn't know what to call them.

 

"Call us dad and mom from now on." Mrs Kwon said.
 

"Huhuh..thank you mom." Dara said shyly.

 

Just then Bom and Jiyong arrived.
 

"Mianhaeyo..we're late.Mom,dad." Jiyong said while kissing his parents.

 

"Good evening Mr and Mrs Park." Jiyong then bowed.

 

"Call us mom and dad Jiyong." Mrs Park smiled.

 

"My,annyeong Bom." Mrs Kwon greeted.
 

"Annyeonghasaeyo auntie..good evening uncle.Annyeong Dara." Bom greeted.

 

"Annyeong Bom." Dara greeted back.

 

"Jiyong,I'll have a word with you." Mr Kwon hold his mad.
 

"Arasso.." Jying said briefly.

 

"Seat here." Jiyong said to Bom before he leave her for a while.

 

"Why did you bring her?in front of the Park's to be exact!" his dad scolded.

 

"Dad,I told you..I love Bom and I…" Jiyong didn't finished his sentences went his dad cut it off.

 

"Enough!we'll discuss this later and don't be rude to the Park's." Mr Kwon gave Jiyong a warned.
 

Jiyong and his dad went back to the dining.Dinner was served. *A/n: sitting arrangement: Mr. and Mrs Kwon, then beside Mrs Kwon is Yuri.Beside Mr Kwon is Jiyong and Jiyong right is Bom then Dara then Thunder and Mr and Mrs Kwon*
 

"So..I heard you're a scholar Dara,does this pressure you?are you an honor student?" Mr Kwon asked Dara.
 

"Uhm..no dad..I'm actually enjoying studying and yes I am number 3 actually.Jiyong the first then my best friend." Dara said politely.

 

"That's good to hear..how about you Bom,are you doing well in school?" Mr Kwon deathly glared at Bom.
 

"Yes uncle,I'm actually one of the top five." Bom said.

 

"Huh,top five?is that all you can achieve?" Mr Kwon was insinuated Bom.
 

"Yeobo,stop it." Mrs Kwon said.

 

"Aniya..it's true,it's all you can achieve right Bom?" Mr Kwon smiled cynically.

 

Jiyong couldn't take it anymore so he stood up,grabbed Bom hand and dragged her outside.

 

"Get in the car Bom." Jiyong said with a stern voice.
 

Bom obeyed Jiyong and they drove off.
 

"Jiyong!come back here!" his father called but he ignored it.
 

"Yeobo,calm down..I'm so sorry for our son behavior." Mrs Kwon said apologetically to the Park.

 

"Mr Park,jongmal mianhae..Jiyong is against this arrangement." Mr Kwon said.
 

"Uhm..would you excuse me?I need to go outside." Dara said.
 

"Noona,wait up!I'll go follow her." Thunder said.

 

"I think we should discuss this arrangement." Mr Park said.
 

"Yes..I guess you're right." Mr Kwon agreed with Mr Park.



 

                                                         -END OF CHAPTER 7-