Trying To Get Over Him

Notes To The New Girl~

~**Kevin's P.O.V**~

"Anyway though Chanyeol and Luhan I would like you to meet Kevin!" Yuki yelled sqealing and hugging my side. I noticed one of them glaring at me so I guessed it was her boyfriend. The other boy was shaky and red faced from all the crying Yuki told me he did. I guessed the one sending glares at me was her boyfriend so I decided to a bit. "Yuki baby remember when we dated before you left?" I asked picking up her chin. "Yeah why?" "Well you said you'd always be mine. I've come for you my love." Her eyes widened to the size of bowling balls when I pecked her lips. 

She giggled shaking her head. "You're trying to get your kicked." She said laughing. "I'm not scared of you we've fought before. Anyway though why don't you two introduce yourselves? I'll go last." I said plopping down in a chair. Yuki sat on my lap earning an eyerole from her boyfriend. "Are you trying to upset your boyfriend? He looks pretty upset right now." I whispered to her. "It's fun when he's mad he's more exciting then he is when he's not upset." The shaky one stood up first and bowed a 90 degree bow. 

"I'm Luhan sorry I look like right now I've been crying most of the day." I frowned and looked at Yuki. "It's a long story I'll tell you later. You're coming over later right?" "Uhh no your dad doesn't like me. Remember the firework accident?" I asked trying to ignore the glares of Yuki's boyfriend. "Yes and Chanyeol stop glaring at Kevin your scaring him!" Yuki walked over and kissed right where your jawbone meets your ear. I watched amused at how easily he was pleasured. He bit his lip to keep from trying to stay mad. "Chanyeol baby you know I love you." She cooed in her cutest voice. Chanyeol turned away trying to ignore her. 

"So Luhan is there anyway I can get you to stop crying? A pretty face like that shouldn't be stained with tears." I flirted sitting next to Luhan. He laughed a little laugh and turned away. "Not really. I'll be over it in about 100 years so then you can see my pretty face stainless." I sighed and put my chin on his shoulder. "Are you sure there isn't anything I can do? I don't like seeing people sad." He finally turned around so I could really see his face. 

"Y-You're really close." He stuttered. "Huh? Oh sorry." I backed up and smiled. "So do you want to hang out or something? I can cook you something if eating is how you get over things. Yuki taught me alot of things so I can do most of the things she can do." Luhan exhailed then smiled. "How about you help me clean up and then we can go get some really good noodles?" I nodded excitedly and pulled him up off the couch. Luhan lead me into the bathroom and handed me a flat iron. "Can you do my hair? I need to brush my teeth and clean my face off." "Do you want me to style it or just flat iron it?" I asked warming it up. "Do whatever you like." He mumbled shoving his tooth brush into his mouth. 

Luhan splashed water on his face and held onto the side of the sink sniffling. "Don't cry anymore you look better when your smiling." I wiped his face and picked up the corners of his mouth. "Smile please. You'll make me cry if you cry." I made tears come and started to sniffle. Luhan's eyes widdend at the sight of my tears. "Don't cry I'll stop crying I promise just don't cry." He panicked. 

I wiped my face and smirked. "Ok come one I'll pay for lunch." I offered. Luhan ran into his room and came out with his wallet and car keys. "So where is the noddle place?" I asked getting into the passanger seat. "Well Yuki's grandma makes really good noodles so I was thinking we could go there. Did you meet her grandma?" "I've met her whole family we've been best friends since we were little kids. So about Yuki's parents coming over today....are you going to meet them?" I asked cautiously. "I'm not sure if I should or not. What about you? Tell me why her dad doesn't like you." 

I held Luhan's hand leading him to the kitchen. "Obaasan I haven't seen you in so long!" I yelled picking up Yuki's little grandma. "Kevin what are you doing here?" She asked straightening out her clothes. "Luhan is sad so we're going to eat some of your delicious food to make him feel better. Are you going to Yuki's house later? Her parents are coming today." "I know. I'm going to go over there as soon as I hear that they're there. Is her dad still mad at you?" She asked cleaning out a few bowls. 

"Yeah. Luhan let's go sit down and I'll tell you the story." He slipped his hand out of mine and quickly went to a table. "Ok so we were in like 8th grade and Yuki and I were dating and I wanted to watch the fireworks with her but we were too far away to see them. So she got some of her own and we set them off. Well we sitting there setting fireworks off together when her dad comes out to tell me that he wanted me to leave. I didn't notice how close he was to the fireworks and I set one off and it hit him in the face. Yuki and I laughed but he didn't think it was funny and didn't let me see Yuki for 3 months. Her mom was nice enough to at least let me talk to her." Luhan laughed and I finally saw a real smile on his face.

"How long did you two date?" He asked sounding intrested. "We started dating in 7th grade and broke up in 10th. She broke up with me because she didn't want to have a long distance relationship." Yuki's grandmother came out and set down two bowls of ramen. "So do you still like her?" Luhan asked playing with his food. "I do still love her very much but she's with Chanyeol now so I'm going to back off. Plus I think I'm falling for this guy I just met. He's cute but I don't know much about him so I'm hoping we can get to know each other well."

Luhan's eyebrows raised. "Oh really? Who is he?" I shoved noodles into my mouth shaking my head. "Muhh." I mumbled. Luhan froze then shook his head smiling. "It sounded like you said you liked me but I'm sure that's not what you said." "Would it be so wrong if that's what I said?" I asked nervously. 

"Well no there isn't anything wrong with that I'm just not ready to date yet I'm still getting over Chanyeol." "I don't want to date yet we just met. I just want us to be friends right now and then later on maybe we can date. Grandma came out from the kitchen and sat down with us. "So where is everyone else?" She asked sipping her tea. "Kai and Sehun I don't know where they are but Chanyeol and Yuki are home preparing with Ruku and Key for her parents."

Luhan groaned rubbing his temples. "Halmoni do you have any medicine that can help for headaches?" She nodded shuffling into the kitchen. "So who is Key, Sehun, and Kai?" I asked. Luhan pulled out his phone and showed me a picture. "I'm sure Yuki told you about her and Sehun. That's Kai and Sehun. Key is Riku's boyfriend." I gasped covering my mouth. "Riku has a boyfriend? I'm so glad he finally realized it's ok to be gay. So where do you want to go after this? Let's walk in the park." He frowned and looked outside. 

"It's getting dark outside." His head fell onto the table. Grandma came out with a glass of water and some pills. "Here Luhan take this." She said softly. "Thank you." He whipered taking the medicine. "We're going to the park for a little while. I'll see you later Obaasan." I kissed grandma's cheek and walked with Luhan to the park. Neither one of us talked on the way there. Everytime I wanted to hold Luhan's hand he would move away quickly. 

"So umm tomorrow let's do something." I said trying to break the awkward quietness. "Like what?" He crossed his legs sitting on the bench and turned to face me. "What do you want to do? I like just walking in the park and talking like we are now but if ou want to go somewhere we can. I don't mind." A small smile apeared on his face. "Let's walk I don't feel like sitting down anymore." We stood up and walked side by side around the park watching little kids play as we talked. The sun was half way down making the sky an orange color. Luhan moved closer and quietly slipped his hand into mine. I looked over at him and noticed him staring at me. As soon as I looked at him he turned crimson and looked away quickly.

~**Luhan's P.O.V**~

Kevin and I walked together around the park casually talking and watching the little kids play. As the sun set I looked over at him and noticed how cute he really was. I remembered how warm he was earlier when he was holding my hand and wanted to be warm like that again. I tried not to make it obvious as I moved closer and slipped my hand into his. He looked surprised when he looked over at me. My face warmed up quickly as I turned away. My heart beat quickly and I felt out of breath. Kevin stopped walking at the quiet part of the park and looked out at the city. Lights were starting to light up the city as the sun set. "Korea is really pretty." He mumbled looking at the city. I nodded and shoved myself into his arms. 

"Luhan?" Kevin said sounding suprised. "I just want a hug. You're really warm and I'm so cold. Please help me warm up." He laughed a little laugh before hugging me back. We stood like that quietly hugging watching the city lights. Once the sun was compleatly gone Kevin hugged me tighter before letting me go. "What's wrong?" I asked nervously. "Nothing I'm just afraid I'm going to start wanting more soon. I don't want that to happen because then it would get awkward and I like how we are now." He smiled and started to walk to the car. "I'm going to get the car. Wait here and I'll pick you up and then we can go to Yuki's house." I nodded watching him run off. 

"Start wanting more, huh?" I mumbled to myself as I sat on the ground. "What if I already want more? I still love Chanyeol but Kevin is really helping me get over him. In the process I'm starting to fall for him though. He still loves Yuki but he's falling for me." I groaned and drew a heart on the ground with a rock. "Whatcha drawing?" Kevin asked from behind me. I jumped and sat on the heart. "Nothing why would I be drawing something it wasn't a heart I know that!" I panicked. He stared at me then frowned. "If it was a heart you don't have to hide it. It was for Chanyeol right? Are you made at Yuki for dating him?" He asked sitting down. His feet pressed against mine as he sat in the same position i was so that we made a complete shape. "She didn't know about anything up until now so I can't be mad at her. I'm just upset but I'll get over it. Just another high school crush gone down the drain. 

Kevin sighed and drew and heart. "Yeah.....I guess it's the same with Yuki and me. Just another crush down the drain." He whispered. For the first time I saw him frown and noticed tears falling. "Ah umm don't cry! Please don't cry." I wined crawling over to him. I picked up his face and wiped it off with my sleeve. His face was bright red and I suspected mine was to. He leaned forward slowly giving me time to move. I wanted to move but at the same time I desperatly wanted to kiss him. 

His lips met mine shyly just pecking. I pulled him close and kissed him forreal. At first Kevin panicked not knowing what to do but he soon melted into the kiss. "Luhan we shouldn't be kissing." He mumbled pulling away. "But I like kissing you." I pouted. Kevin smiled and kissed me once more. "You said you don't want to date so people who aren't dating don't kiss." He pulled me up off the ground and into the car. I grumbled and mumbled all the way home staring out the window upset. We pulled up into the driveway and sat there. 

"Are you that upset I won't kiss you?" He asked. I nodding turning around. As soon as I turned around our lips met and he pressed me against the car door. "There now let's go." Kevin pulled me into the house holding onoto my hand tightly. "Kevin when did you get here?" Riku asked jumping onto Kevin. "Just this morning. So I heard you finally got someone who can handle you? Who is it?" "Key!" Riku yelled making Key come running. "Huh? What? I'm not done cooking yet is grandma here already? Who's he?" 

Riku ruffled Kevin's hair and leaned on his shoulder. "This is Yuki's ex boyfriend and one of my best friends." Key wiped his hands off on his apron and held his hand out for Kevin to shake. "So you're Riku's boyfriend hmm? Well you seem nice enough. I'm Kevin nice to meet you. How'd you two meet?" Key scratched his head frowning. "You don't remember?" Riku asked sounding close to tears. "I'm kidding of course I remember." They kissed making me and Kevin awkward so we slipped out of the room and into the living room. "Oh good you came! Mom and Dad are going to be here soon I thought you weren't going to come." Yuki pulled Kevin from me and over to the couch. "I need you to be here with me when you get there."

~**Yuki's P.O.V**~

The front door open and mom came running in. "Yuki!!!" "Mommy!!!" I ran over to my mother knocking her over. "Oh gosh Riku must be feeding you too much you've gotten heavier then I remember." She mumbled laughing and hugging me tight. "I missed you mom." My mom patted my back slowly sitting up. "I missed you too sweetie but don't get all emotional on me. Remember what I said about crying. Now let's get this thing over with before your dad's head explodes. He's not happy about you having a boyfriend." 

I sighed shaking my head. "Yeah I know I noticed him glaring at everyone." Mom nodded before running over to the guys. "Alright let me guess who he is! Is it Kevin? You two were really in love last time I checked." I shook my head no. "What about him? He's really cute." She said pointing to Kai. "Cute but no." Mom frowned and walked over to Sehun. 

"Hmm he looks like someone you would date." "Never again." I said harshly. "What about him? He's adorable! It has to be him." I laughed shaking my head again. "Is it the tall one?" She asked wide eyed. "Yep it's the tall one." Chanyeol bit his lip nervously. "Oh he's good looking but he looks like he would like someone who's.......geeky cute not stupid cute." 

My mom sat down in front of Chanyeol and poked his stomach. "So what's your name? Where do you come from? Why do you like Yuki? How did you get so tall?" He blinked a few times before chuckling softly. "What's so funny?" I asked getting on my mom's back. "She's so much like you it's like seeing your twin." 

"Well if that's you're way of saying I look young thank you. Now really what's your name?" "I'm Chanyeol I was born here in Seoul. I like Yuki for alot of reasons and I think being tall just runs in the family." He said smiling. "Honey what do you think of him? I like him." Everyone turned their attention to my dad. "I don't like him he looks stupid." He said grimly. 

"Awww do you have to be so mean to him? Plus don't you remember who you married and made? I'm stupid and you made a stupid kid. He's probably very smart because opposites attract." I nodded pulling Chanyeol pulling him over to dad. "Yeah he's smarter then me which is smart enough. Just give him chance." Once again he shook his head no. I made fake tears come into my eyes and started to cry. "You're so mean to me daddy. I thought you loved me but if you aren't even going to give him a try I guess you don't." "I do love you bu-"No you don't! If you loved me you'd be happy for me finally finding someone I really liked but instead you're just saying no to everything!" My dad groaned grabbing his head.

"Fine I'll give him a question to answer. If he answers it right and quick enough I'll let you date him. What is 3 times 10 minus 27 plus 7 divided by 2 plus 55 divided by 12." "Six." Chanyeol answered almost immideatly. Kai gasped in the backround. "So there is a brain in that head of yours." He mumbled laughing. My dad frowned and sighed. "Fine I guess you can date. Now where is Riku?" Riku came from around the corner shakily making sure to keep his head down. "H-Hi dad hi mom." 

Like a magnet mom stuck to Riku. "Riku you're shaking! A big hug from mommy will make it all better, right? Everything is going to be just fine." She said kissing Riku's cheek. "I-I have something to say. Key come in here." Key walked out in a messy plaid apron with little red pins clipping back his blond hair. He stood next to Riku quietly wiping his hands off on his apron and taking hold of one of Riku's hands for comfort. "This is my boyfriend Key. I'm gay." 

Mom laughed and hugged Key. "Thank you for loving my son. He never was sure about anything he ever did when he was a child.....I'm just glad he finally found something to make him happy. Riku honey I knew you were gay since you were little I just wanted you to find it out on your own. Granted it took alot longer then I thought it was going to but good job! You found someone who loves you for you. All of your adorable craziness."

Riku looked at her strangely. "You and your sister never were normal children. Always playing with knives cutting each other and breaking things on accident. As you got older you began to use knives as protection. I know you tried to hide it but you can never hide something from your mom for to long. A mother knows everything about her child even if the child doesn't know. Even dumb moms like me know how to watch and raise her children correctly. You two have grown up so quickly it's amazing how beautiful you both have become. I'm proud of you both." She pulled us into a tight hug choking both of us. "Mom I can't breath!" 

Riku said gasping for air. She let both of us go smiling. "When did you get so strong?" I asked trying to catch my breath. "Well who do you think you got your strength from? So Key can you speak?" Key finished pulling out the rest of his hair pins before answer. "Oh sorry I was just trying to fix my aperance I was cooking dinner so I look a bit messy right now. Anyway though my name is Key nice to meet you." Mom's face brightened up at the mention of food. "Dinner? Where? I'm starving!" She said bouncing happily. "Just like Yuki." Key mumbled before leading everyone to the diningroom.

 

 

~**Kevin's P.O.V**~ 

I pulled Luhan back and closed the door. "Are we the only ones who are single?" I asked. "Yeah. Is that a problem?" I shook my head no. "Hey why do you think Kai asked if we were dating?" Luhan asked walking to the dining room. "Because we were holding hands. I think we look cute together, don't you?" I asked stopping outside the dining room door. Luhan rubbed my arm slowly coming closer. He kissed me running her tongue over my bottom lip. 

"Don't." I mumbled pulling away. "Don't what?" Luhan asked softly. He looked at me with big eyes making me want to take him right then. "Don't use tongue you're going to make me do things to you that I shouldn't do. Let's go eat." I opened the door quickly and slipped in before Luhan could say or do anything. "Hey Kevin what were you and Luhan doing?" Yuki asked poking me. "I just asked him if we were the only ones who were single here." I said poking her back. We poked each other until Riku and Key came out with the food. As soon as everyone got their plate and we prayed we all dug in. 

"Say ah!" Kai said shoving a spoonful of mac and cheese into Sehun's mouth. I noticed Luhan shuffle in quietly and take his seat. "Hey are you crying again?" Yuki asked leaning across the table. Luhan shook his head no keeping his head down. Yuki forced his head up. "Your eyes are red! Why are you crying?" "No reason. No it's not because of Chanyeol I don't have any tears left for him." I stood up and pulled him up with me. 

"Yuki I'm going to take him to the park that's how I cheered him up last time." Yuki smiled and nodded. "Ok please make sure he doesn't cry again!" She yelled waving us away. "Let go. Kevin let go of me why are you pulling on me? Let me go!" Luhan wined. "Why are you crying?" I asked once we were out of the house. Luhan glared at me. "I'm going back inside I'm hungry." I stopped him and hugged his waist. "Will you go out with me? I know I said I wanted to wait until we knew each other and you said you weren't going to date because you aren't ready but I like you Luhan." He turned around and held my face in his hands as he kissed me. "Yes. I thought you'd never ask." 

 

~**Luhan's P.O.V**~

Kevin asked my to go out with him and I swear I felt my heart explode. He kissed me passionatly and excitedly. "Luhan you're crying again." Kevin said sadly. "It's out of joy not sadness." I said wiping my face. "Oh. I'm so happy right now." He mumbled kissing me again. "Me too." Kevin led me to the car. "We should go somewhere before someone comes outside and sees we're still here." He pulled out of the drive way quickly. "Where should we go?" "My house. You pulled me out during dinner and I'm really hungry." I pouted rubbing my stomach. "Sorry I just couldn't wait any longer." Kevin said speeding down the street. 

By the time we reached my house I felt like my life was about to end any minute. "You cannot drive anymore. I thought I was going to die." I said quickly getting out of the car. "Yeahh I've never really been good at driving I still need alot of practice. But anyway what do you have to eat? Maybe I can cook something." "Is it better then your driving?" I teased laying down on the couch. "It's as good as Yuki's cooking so yes it is." Kevin sat down on my stomach rubbing my chest. "I'm tired I don't want to cook anymore let's order something instead." 

He laid down and hugged my waist. "What do you want to order?" "Whatever you want is fine with me." Kevin kissed my cheek. "Let's just sleep instead. I can wait until the morning to eat." I said pulling him into my room. "What? No it's not good if you don't eat. You can get really sick and I don't want that to happen." Kevin mumbled drifting off to sleep. I ignored him and pulled off his shirt. "You're going to get hot over night. Do you sleep in your boxers or your jeans?" 

Kevin unbuckled his jeans and kicked them off. "Hazukashii." He mumbled pulling the covers over him. "Don't be embarrased. Do you want some shorts?" I asked sliding into bed next to him. He shook his head no and kissed me. "Goodnight Luhan." "Good night baby."