Am I ready yet?

Masquerade

 

I feel as if being left in the dark. A place where I am all alone without anyone there with me. It scares me. No matter how I try to reach out, hoping will catch at least a surface that blocking this darkness, I can’t feel anything. This darkness is endless. But who is that? Suddenly this boy stands in front of me. I can’t see his face. His back is facing me. But there is this comfortable aura come out of him. I hear him humming. A very shooting melody. At that moment, I feel calm in the darkness as I hear the melody.

“Jinki... Open your eyes and look at me.”

No I don’t want to. The one who called me is not the same melodic voice as before. It’s different. Why did he do that? Why did that voice come?

“Jinki... Open your eyes and look at me.”

“NO!!!”

“Jinki... Open your eyes and look at me.”

I’m sure it’s a he. The one who called me. Who spoke to me. But I just want to hear the previous voice. The shooting humming voice.

“NO!!! I SAID I WON’T!!!”

“Jinki... Open your eyes and look at me.”

He grabs my arms tightly. It hurts me. No matter how hard I try to let go of his hand, he makes it even tighter. I still can faintly hear the humming, even thought it is buried by a loud speaking. As I open my eyes, my heart beats fast.

“Minho...”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jonghyun’s POV:

I think I can stand this forever. Just seeing Jinki’s face as he is sleeping can make my heart flutters. I don’t know how Jinki manage to steal my heart this bad. What concerns me now is Jinki’s expression. He seems so restless. His face is frowning and he is even mumbling. Is he having a bad dream? If only I know what happen, I would gladly make it better.

“MINHO!!!”

I am startled by Jinki’s shout. He immediately sits up from his position and panting so hard. His eyes are so unfocused as if he is in a trance. And who is this Minho he was shouting?

“Jinki, are you okay?”

Jinki only looks at me. It’s kind of scaring me, the way he is looking at me.

“Jonghyun? What are you doing here?”

“Taking care of you, of course. Don’t want to see someone who is very precious for me to be left alone, do we?”

I grin as my words are affecting Jinki’s blushing cheek.

“Shut up. I’m okay.”

“Well if you insist. But I still am taking you back to your place.”

“You don’t need to, Jjong... I’m...”

“I want to. Just let me drive you home, hyung... please??”

I try to put my best puppy face toward him so he won’t reject me. Key said that I have this natural puppy face that can make people melt and agree to anything I say. Well, anyone but him. He claimed that he is immune from the puppy face as he has seen him the rest of his life. He further said that he will definitely puke if I ever show him that face again. It’s gross.

“Aish... Alright...”

As we finish packing Jinki’s book etc, we walk down the hall to the parking lot. None of us bother to say anything. I like this. It seems right to walk beside Jinki. His face is a little pale, though. I wonder if he is really okay. As we reach my car and get in, I immediately turn on my radio. That is just my habit. I love listening to music. I hope Jinki doesn’t mind it. When I start driving, I can feel his gaze on me. I look at him questioningly.

“Your voice is great.”

Is it me, or the air in the car is getting hotter? It seems that without I realize, I start to hum as soon as a song is played.

“Please don’t stop humming. I love your voice.”

Thanks God it’s a red light, so I can stop driving and calms my heart rate down. I don’t have enough courage to look back at him, as I still can feel his eyes on me. Suddenly something comes into my head.

“Hyung, who is Minho?”

I look at him. Trying to read his face. Is that a fear that I see? Now it is him who avoids my eyes.

“Why are you asking me that?”

“You were shouting that name before, hyung. Don’t you remember?”

“Can we not talk about him?”

“Is he the one who hurt you hyung?”

“Why do you act like this?”

“Are you not comfortable enough to talk about it with me hyung?”

Jinki suddenly looks at me. He is as if challenge me to say another word.

“Yes. I don’t feel comfortable talking this with you. So, do you mind?”

His words hit me like a truck. Is that how he feel when i’m around? He is not comfortable.

“I thought we can trust each other, hyung. It seems that I only bother you.”

“That’s not what I mean, Jjong.”

“Don’t worry hyung. I won’t bother you anymore.”

Stupid!!! What the hell did I do?! I sounded like a jerk!!! I’m not even his boyfriend. I really just want to smash my head to the nearest wall available. The light is turning green and I start driving. The air is so tense. If only I can take back all of my words before.

“He is my ex-boyfriend.”

“I’m sorry?”

“I saw him this morning. After me and Yoseob walked out of the canteen. I saw him in the school Jjong. Why did he there?”

I look at Jinki. Oh my God he is crying!!! I immediately drive aside and stop the engine.

“Jinki... Oh my God, I’m so sorry Jinki. I don’t mean to make you sad. Please stop crying...”

It takes me the entire half hour to calm Jinki down. According to what Joon hyung told me, if anything can help Jinki to be happy, then it is chicken. I immediately drive to my favorite chicken restaurant named Mexicana. As we sit down, I still can see the gloomy expression on Jinki’s face. I really want to beat myself for being so insensitive and cause his mood goes down. But as the waitress places a big plate full of fried chicken on our table, there’s a sudden change in Jinki’s eyes. It’s so sparkling and full of excitement. Slowly but sure, a blinding smile builds up on his face which cause his eyes become smaller. I chuckle as I see his expression.

“You really love chicken, huh?”

“Huh?”

Jinki is now stuffing chicken into his mouth. If anyone see him now, they might be mistaken and think that Jinki hasn’t had meal for ages.

“Hyung, calm down... Eat slowly, okay...”

I grin sheepishly as I see him this way. The way his eyes become so lively and his smile that adores him. Those suit him more than the gloomy face. And I will do anything to make sure that he won’t make that kind of face anymore.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jinki’s POV:

I think it’s about the time to let go. It’s not good for me to keep myself suffering. It’s true that there is still a part of me that have a slight feeling toward Minho. However he hurt me, he is still my first love. The first person that I let into my heart. But it doesn’t mean that I can’t move on. I think Jonghyun will be happy to help me. But, what if he is the same as Minho? After all, his character is so similar to Minho, which is why I was so despise him at first. He reminds me of Minho in some ways. It scares me sometimes, because there are times, when I see him, I see Minho in hi place. I also feel so guilty. Because I know that Jonghyun is different from Minho. I want to believe it.

We are now in his car once again. I’m so happy after eating chicken. I don’t know how he knows about this, but I feel so grateful. It means that he is trying to know me. There is this satisfaction in my heart to know that he is putting some effort to understand me. But, as I recall of what happened before, I start to question myself. Sure, I want to move on. Even though it won’t be easy, especially now Minho is in the picture. If i’m not mistaken, Jonghyun talked about this athletic competition some time ago, so I assume that Minho is here as the representative of my old school. I know I want to move on. But am I ready to open up my heart for someone else? Am I ready to tell Jonghyun about Minho? There is this sudden strength in me that push me to talk forwardly to Jonghyun. If he is serious about me, why don’t I give him a chance?

“Jjong?”

“Hmmm?”

“Are you serious about your words?”

I look at Jonghyun, who now is driving. I can see him thinking about my question.

“My words? Which one?”

“Those words...”

“The words about my feeling toward you? Of course i’m serious. If I can be honest with you, this is the first time I feel so attach to someone. I don’t want to be a burden for you. And I really don’t want to make you stress out over this thing. So, take your time, okay. But please don’t ask me to go away.”

There a pleading in his voice. My cheeks are immediately heating up after hearing his words. How can he be so bluntly saying things like that?

“But, we only know each other for a short time.”

“Yes, we do. It took me a short time to fall for you. I believe, as I know you longer, my love will also grow bigger.”

This person is way too FRANK!!! I cover my face, feeling so embarrassed after hearing that. But my heart is moved.

“You sound so expert on this kind of thing...”

“Who? Me? I’m an expert on this kind of loving-Jinki thing, I suppose. Hehehe...”

This man!!! He teases me. He is grinning as he says the words.

“Yaaaaah... Eyes on the road!!!”

Maybe... just maybe I can trust this person. Maybe this person can be the one who help me get over my feeling.

“Then, Jonghyun... You really want to know about Minho??”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N:

Heeeeey.......... Here is the new chapter. I hope you like it. Don’t forget to comment. I feel kind of greedy of comment lately. I know that I never replay any of the comment. But I promise, starting from this chapter, I’ll try to replay all of you comments. I feel so guilty, seeing all of the comments laying down there without me writing back. I’m sorry everyone... I know that i’m being ignorant... i’ll change...

Soooooo... I will try to at least update the story once a week minimum, seeing I have a lot of paperwork and thesis to be done...

Ahh... I actually am searching for someone who is kind enough to make a poster for this story. It will be great if someone out there will be so kind enough to make one for me... *eyeslookingtothedistant

Just ignore my rambling... anyway, see you in the next chapter...

OH!!!!! ONE MORE THING!!!!

If any of you happen to read my other stories and wondering why the hell I don’t update it, I want to inform something. Do I abandon those stories? No I don’t. I just decide that I want to focus on this story first, so it won’t influence the other stories’ plot. I hope you don’t mind...

 

ONEW FTW!!!! XD

(Is it just me or Onew looks younger nowadays? Anyhow he still looks good!!! Khekhekhee....:3)