Four Fine Young Men

Masquerade

 

As the four boys arrive in a room, special prepared for Jinki, they can't help but feeling nervous. In Jonghyun's side, it feels so awkward standing there, his wrist still in Jinki's grip (well, he just feels so nauseous as butterflies start to flying inside his stomach over Jinki's soft palm that pressed tightly, possessive if I may add) and the fact that they are standing there with the Choi Minho, someone who he knows as a good athlete and also Jinki's ex-boyfriend. Another thing, he is afraid. What if Minho already tell Taemin that he is with Jinki? What if Taemin send...
 
Beep.. Beep..
 
Jonghyun's eyes go bigger as he hears a sound coming from Jinki's pockect. He begins to panic when Jinki lets go of his hand and pick his phone.
 
"NOOOOOO!!!"
 
Brukkkk...
 
Yoseob can only blink his eyes seeing the aight before him. Jonghyun just literary jumped on Jinki, succeeding to bring him and Jinki down to the floor, and got tangled in the middle of the process. Jinki looks so lost as he is so surprised with the sudden added of weight and a pained back while Jonghyun is on top of Jinki, hands trapping Jinki's body to prevent him from doing anything or more precisely picking up his phone. Jonghyun is so sure that it is a message from Taemin. And he can't afford to lose Jinki after all. Minho looks at the scene in front of him, feeling a tump on his heart at how close the two lay. He immediately look away, but his movement catch Yoseob's eyes. Jinki who (finally) realizes the situation they are in (unintentionally) pushes Jonghyun away. But as soon as Jonghyun's body no longer eloping his, he feels cold. Jinki's face immediately changes color. Just as he picks up his phone, he hears Jonghyun shout.
 
"No!!! Don't pick up the phone!!!"
 
Jinki freezes at Jonghyun's request and looks at Jonghyun curious. Yoseob who can't handle it anymore, walks over to the phone and picks it up. After seeing the caller's name, he throws a nasty glare to Jonghyun.
 
"It's Changmin hyung, you pabo. I'll gonna answer it. I expect the three of you finished talking or in the middle of talking when I'm done."
 
Just as Yoseob takes a step toward the door, he is stopped by a tug on his blazer. He turns around only seeing Jinki with a pleading eyes, silently ask him to stay. Yoseob smiles at this.
 
"Later, Jinki. We'll talk about it later. But one thing you should know, not even once in my life, I ever thought you as a not friend of mine."
 
Jinki bits his lower lip, when the ringing is stopped.
 
"Ahh!! I better call hyung back before he goes crazy and send a party to search you."
 
With a last grin, Yoseob runs out and calls Changmin, leaving the three boys on their own. Jinki lets out a long breath and looking over to the other boys. Jonghyun still on the floor looking like a lost puppy and Minho stands facing away from them.
 
"What happen to us actually?"
 
Jinki sounds so desperate. This makes the two boys snapped out of their mind and looking at Jinki.
 
"Taemin..."
 
Jinki snaps his head at Jonghyun when he hears that name comes out of Jonghyun's mouth.
 
"Taemin, what? What did he do this time?"
 
When Minho voices his question, Jonghyun looks at him.
 
"You don't know? You... I thought you..."
 
Minho lets out a sigh.
 
"Whatever he was doing have nothing to do with me okay. I don't know what it is, but it seems that you put me in a wronged position."
 
Jinki looks back and forward, as he is confusedly trying to follow the conversation. Minho looks so determined while Jonghyun looks like he is relieved.
 
"Can anyone tell me what happen, pleaaaaaase?"
 
Jinki, who is annoyed because he knows nothing, starts to whining (unintentionally of course) and making the two other boys gulp at his sudden aegyo. They have a hard time to stand still and not jump on him, pinching that adorable cheeks of him.
 
"Promise you will listen to me from start to end? Not assuming anything before I finish?"
 
Jinki nods.
 
"Taemin.. He is blackmailing me."
 
"Taemin what?! How... I mean what do you mean?"
 
Jinki is surprised hearing Jonghyun's words. He looks at Jonghyun, as if trying to grasp the meaning behind his words. But before he can say anything, Minho says something.
 
"I don't know if it's related, but I received an email from Taemin. But I haven't opened it yet."
 
With that sentence, Minho fishes out his cellphone out of his pocket. Jonghyun snaps his head looking at Minho's direction. His eyes grow bigger as he sees Minho's body goes rigid. The time Minho looks up from his phone, looking at Jonghyun with a raging glare, Jonghyun instantly knows that Minho just saw the picture.
 
The next Minho's move is unpredictable for both Jonghyun and Jinki. Minho lungs toward Jonghyn, bringing him down, and trying to strangles Jonghyun. Jinki looks at the mess before his eyes and panics.
 
"Minho!!! Get off!!! Stop!!! Minho!!!"
 
On the other hand, Yoseob who just finished talking on the phone outside, startles as he hears a loud voice inside. He immediately run in to the room and finds Minho attacking Jonghyun, while Jinki trying to pull Minho off of the smaller man. Just as Yoseob takes a step toward them, he sees Minho's phone, laying not to far from him. Yoseob doesn't know why, but he is drowned to pick it up.
 
"WHAT THE FREAKING HELL IS IT?!"
 
The three busy boys freeze hearing Yoseob's shout. Jonghyun feels so weak, as he starts to lose hope that they will ever believe him. Without he realizes, a trail of tear falls down his cheek. He can feel a harsh glare from Minho who is still on top of him, holding his hand high and ready to attack him again. But Jinki, who snaps out of the mess and looks at what is shown on the phone just can't believe what he is seeing. A picture of Jonghyun and Taemin on a bed, and from the interior, Jinki knows that they were taken in Jonghyun's room. He looks bavk at Jonghyun with a look. Hurt, pain, rage, betrayal, Jonghyun lowers his head in shame after seeing Jinki's raw look. Jonghyun feels so low, disgusting of himself as he takes a glance on the picture. He causes Jinki sad, hurt. He breaks his own promise to not hurting Jinki.
 
On the other hand, Jinki is hurt. His mind goes blank. Suddenly the image of Taemin and Minho appears, before changing to Taemin and Jonghyun in the very net second. And those images feel so real, as if he is seeing them mow in front of him. He turns his heels and ready to get out of the room.
 
"You ARE not going anywhere, Lee Jinki!!! Not before someone explain what happen here!!!"
 
Yoseob's voice stops Jinki on his spot. Jonghyun is dying to see Jinki face but he only can see his back. Minho is already standing up, ruffling his hair in frustration.
 
"Jinki..."
 
"Jonghyun, start explaining. Now!!!"
 
Jonghyun's word is cut by Yoseob, but he follows Yoseob's order. He start telling how Key and Taemin grew closer and how one day Taemin brought Key home. How he felt dizzy after drinking his milk, and how he was awoken with Taemin beside him.
 
"He admitted that he had drugged me and threaten me that he will send the picture if I ever be close to Jinki ever again. That's why these past two weeks, I've been keeping my distance from Jinki."
 
Jonghyun's voice sounds so desperate. He longs for Jinki's understanding. He wants Jinki to believe him. But Jinki is still not facing him. Minho who looks at the scene before him, is hesitant. In one way, it is the right opportunity to woo his way to get Jinki's back. But Siwon's words ring in his head. He can't ignore the fact that deep inside he knows Jinki has feeling for jonghyn. And from the desperation Jonghyun display now, Minho knows Jonghyun loves Jinki.
 
After taking a long breath, he walks toward Yoseob and takes his phone. He looks through the picture and the message. There is a very weird thing on the picture. While he can see Jonghyun is in a deep slumber, he can see Taemin is actually not. And more to it, Taemin is smirking. Minho is hissing as he he reads the message below.
 
-Jinki is mine. I'll do anything to get him. See?(^-^)¥-
 
"What the hell?"
 
Minho's mumble is not going unnoticed by Yoseob who just stand a foot away from him. When Yoseob sneaks on the message, he looks at Minho in terror. They are as if talking with their eyes and come to a conclusion that Jinki doesn't need more problem than this, especially a psychopath ex-bestfriend slash Taemin. Minho immediately save the picture and delete the the message. But not before forwarding it to Yoseob's phone. Both of them need to talk about this after all of the problem before their eyes done.
 
"Jinki. Look at me."
 
Jinki looks up and finds Minho stands in front of him. He immediately lets the tear go. All of the emotion, the hurt, the disappointment, and the scare. With Minho's face in his sight, the picture of him and Taemin as if replaying again, only this time is clearer than before. Jinki becomes hysteric, pushing Minho away harshly and crying hard. He thought after both if them settled this down before, everything would be okay. But why did Taemin do this to him? Does Taemin hate him that much? Did he do something wrong to Taemin? The two person he ever loved, the first love and newly love, this supposedly healed bond between him and Minho, a peaceful school life, a normal life. Why can't he get that?
 
Jinki keeps struggling In Minho's grip. This makes Yoseob and Jonghyun panic. For Jonghyun's behalf, he's never seen Jinki in this state, but for Yoseob, as if he is seeing Jinki when he was in mental-breakdown seeing Minho in their school. Yoseob takes a step closer to Minho and Jinki, but immediately stop moving when Minho gives him a glare.
 
"Jinki, calm down. Please."
 
Jinki still tries to let go of Minho's grip but fails miserably.
 
"Why does he do this to me? Why Taemin, why?"
 
Hearing this, Minho lets go a long breath.
 
"Listen to me, Jinki. I know it's hard for you to see me now. I know how you can see that scene clearly with me here. But Jonghyun is innocent. He was tricked. He loves you. And I know you start to love him too. So please, calm down. I know both of you can pull this through. I won't let Taemin hurt you again. I'll handle this okay?"
 
Jinki finally meets Minho's eyes this time. And as their eyes meet, Minho's heart clenches so hard. The look in Jinki's heart is so vulnerable. And without looking away, he speaks once again. But not to Jinki. This time to Jonghyun.
 
"Jonghyun shii. I hurt the one I love before. He is broken because of that. And now I regret it. Don't you ever make the same mistake as mine."
 
As he finishes talking, he breaks the eyes connection and looking through Jinki's shoulder to meet Jonghyun eyes. Yoseob who witnesses this sight, couldn't help but pity the three of them.
 
"Minho, let's go. We better leave them to talk. And both of you!!! Kiss and make up already!!! If I find you to not talking after get out of this room, you'll see the wrath of the almighty Yoseob."
 
Jinki chuckles a little hearing this. After seeing Yoseob and Minho closing the door, he takes a deep breath before turns around facing Jonghyun.
 
------------------------------
 
After closing the door, Yoseob turns around and finds Minho standing two feet away, his eyes is as if looking far away, yet it's empty. His face is unreadable, as if wearing an expressionless mask.
 
"You do aware that that was your opportunity to get close to Jinki, don't you?"
 
Hearing Yoseob's question, Minho lowers his head, smiling so sadly.
 
"If I took the chance, Jinki would only able to see the image of me and Taemin together. He saw it before, when I stood in front of him."
 
Yoseob exhales a long breath as he is shaking his head.
 
"You still love Jinki."
 
"Indeed I am. And I think I will always be."
 
Both of them walk together down the stair. Trying to find a safe place to talk about Taemin. They don't want Jinki to know about this yet. Not yet. At least until Jinki is n a good term with Jonghyun. Thinking about Jinki and Jonghyun, makes Minho chuckles. Yoseob looks at Minho funny when he hears Minho chuckles out of no where.
 
"You know Yoseob, I'm glad I didn't take that chance. I would hurt Jinki more if I did. Because eventhough it's hard to say, Jinki loves Jonghyun. Much more than he aware of. Much more than he loved me."
 
After finished talking, Minho puts his hands inside his pants' pockets, looks up, and wears that handsome expression, and strolling down the stairs with his long legs. There it is. A signature expression that Yoseob knew so well, because they were once a good friend. Yoseob shakes his head and chuckles seeing his once but soon to be his best friend again already arrives at the end o the stairs and looks up at him, as if asking what takes him long  to go down the stair. Yoseob rolls his eyes and mumbles.
 
"Not everyone has long legs, frog."
 
--------------------------
 
A/N:
 
Haaaaaaai... Anyone miss me? Fufufuuuu...
 
Things happened and I just couldn't bring myself to write. When one point I did open my computer and wrote, I just managed to type maximum five words. Hahahaa.. Life is so cruel you know...
 
Any of you had read my story titled 'A Man Named Jinki'? That man, the one who I wrote the story for, was supposed to have his 23rd birthday this early April.  And you know what? Last year, when I had my birthday, he told me to not giving any birthday present. He told me to save the present for the 23 years old him. Then, who should I give the present to now? That wrapped present is now securely placed under my bed from last year. And I don't have the heart to throw it away. Aigooooo... Should I? Or do I need to keep it?
 
Actually, this chapter was finished last month. Sorry for making you wait. And sorry for not replaying your comment in this chapter. I'll make it up in the next one. And thank you for still reading this story. I hope you like this chapter.
 
One more thing.. Sorry if this chapter is not good enough for you especially after letting you all waiting for a long time...
 
 
Onew FTW!!! XD
(This though, I would never stop writing it. Just see it as my signature.. Khekhekhee~)