Fly to Seoul

Masquerade

"Chansung is hot in this MV."

Jonghyun who is playing Fruit Ninja on his phone, looks up at Key, after his attempt to break the high score fails. There he is sitting in front of his Macbook, watching something that Jonghyun doesn't even care.

"Chansung? Who is it? Your new boyfriend?"

Key rolls his eyes on Jonghyun's words. He wonders how could Jonghyun, his cousin, not know who Chansung is.

"You really don't know him? Chansung? 2pm?"

Jonghyun thinks for a while before shrugging and looks back at his phone. Key can only shakes his head. He doesn't know what makes him and Jonghyun related when they are too different in any aspect. He pauses the 2pm MV that playing on his Macbook and looking around the class. The teacher hasn't come yet, which is very strange, knowing that Ms. Gahi is a very discipline teacher and she is never late to come to class. He feels so bored since his best friend, Dongwoon, is gonna be late and he will just show up on the third period, and leaving him with his cousin, Jonghyun. It's not that he and Jonghyun have a bad relation. It just that sometimes Jonghyun could be too hard to handle. He never be able to predict what's in Jonghyun's head. And he can't even discuss a small thing like how hot Cansung is in 'Fly to Seoul' MV.

"Kids, sorry I'm late."

All of the students sit back on their chair immediately after hearing Ms. Gahi's voice. But there is one person who doesn't realize her presence and just continue playing on his phone. Jonghyun who is concentrating on slicing the fruits on his phone, yelp hard when his phone is pulled upward.

"Aaaaaakkkkhhhh!!!!!!!! What the hell!!!!"

Key who sits in front of him face palms himself wondering how could his cousin be that stupid to anger the strictest teacher in this school. Jonghyun who just realized that it's Ms. Gahi who takes his phone, could only gulps loudly. Mrs. Gahi crosses her hands and tapping his foot continuously to the floor. The class is silent until a knock on the door break the air.

"Excuse me, mam. When are you going to introduce me? I've been waiting for sometimes and it's kinda awkward to stand in front of the class door and doing nothing."

All of the eyes move to the source of the voice. There he is, standing in front of the class awkwardly while scratching his head. Ms. Gahi looks back at Jonghyun before puts back his phone on the table while warning him that the next time she find him playing in the middle of the study, he better say bye to his beloved phone. Jonghyun nods eagerly, convincing his teacher that he won't ever do something like that ever again. Then Ms. Gahi walks to the front of the class and tells the new boy to stand beside her.

"Class, you have a new classmate today. He and his other three friends just joined us today. The other three are I other class. This is Bang Cheulyong."

"Hey guys, my name is Bang Cheulyog but you can call me Mir. Nice to meet you all.."

The students look at the smiling kid in front of the class. Some of them give a warm wave to the kid, some of them just ignore him. And Jonghyun is one of the kids who ignore the new student. For a reason, he keeps looking out of the window.

"Okay Cheulyong. You can sit on the empty seat beside Kibum, that kid with laptop on his desk."

"But mam, it's Dongwoon's seat."

Key protests immediately. It's not that he dislike the new student, but it's originally Dongwoon's seat.

"I don't see him now. So it's just an empty seat Kibum."

"But he just texted me he'll come in the third period, mam. His flight is..."

"The seat is not a reservation seat with you as the receptionist, Kibum."

Just when Key wants to say something back at Ms. Gahi, the new kid interrupts him.

"Mam, it's okay if the seat is already taken. I can sit behind that seat. It's not taken right, is it?"

Ms. Gahi only could exhale loudly and agrees with Mir's suggestion. There is no point to argue with Key in this early morning. He is a very determine kid, and she was just having a rough night before and her energy hasn't fully back yet. On the other hand, Key feels so guilty for behaving like that to the new kid. When Mir sits on his chair, Key looks back at him.

"Hey, I'm sorry for behaving like that. It just that Dongwoon sits here everyday and..."

"It's okay. I understand. Best friend comes first, right?"

Key smiles at Mir and nods. He likes the kid. It seems that this kid values friendship as much as he does. He offers his hand to the kid.

"My name's Kibum. But because there are too many Kibum in this school, you can call me Key. And the puppy beside you is Jonghyun. Just ignore him if he starts to talk rude to you."

Jonghyun who looks out of the window, turns around hearing his name being said. He looks at Key confusedly.

"What? Who is rude? Me?"

"Yeah you. You don't even say hello to Mir."

Jonghyun grins at Mir's direction and offers his hand.

"Sorry dude. Don't listen to the diva's words. I'm Jonghyun, by the way."

"I'm Mir. Nice to meet you. I hope we can be a good friend."

Jonghyun nods at Mir's word. But he suddenly lets go Mir's hand and snaps his finger.

"Ahh. Can I ask you something?"

Mir who is still smiling, nods. Key finds it interesting to find Jonghyun actually be social to new people. That's something new, especially when Jonghyun is usually being ignorant to someone new.

"Is he one of the new students? I haven't seen him here before."

Mir is confused. One of the three? Jonghyun points his finger to outside of the window. Mir, and Key who is also curious at what's Jonghyun talking about, look out of the window to see a boy sitting with his eyes close under the tree. Earphones stuff his ears. They can't tell whether the boy is sleeping or not. After seeing that boy, Mir exhale his breath.

"He is Jinki hyung. And yes, he is one of the other three students along with Yoseob and Joon hyung."

"So all of you come from the same place? Why do you all move here?"

Key asks Mir. He is so curious why all of them move here to the same school and at the same time. It's just weird. Moreover, it's already almost half of the semester. Mir smiles sadly while looking at the boy outside.

"Four of us are best friends. We come here to accompany Jinki hyung here."

Key becomes more confuse. Accompany that under tree boy? But looking at Mir's expression, he stops himself to ask further. But this thing already catches his attention. And he is dying to know about it. Mean while, Jonghyun keeps looking out to the boy. It's the first time he thanks God for giving the class in the first floor so he now can look at the boy. Something on that boy makes him can't stop looking. Jonghyun is so captivated by this boy named Jinki. He wonders how do his eyes look like when they open. Just when Jonghyun starts to match any possible kind of eyes with the stranger's face, Jinki opens his eyes and looks straight to Jonghyun, before he stands up and leaves. By the time Jonghyun looks at Jinki's eyes, he gasps. Those are beautiful. So warm yet so sad. It's not supposed to be like that. That warm eyes are not supposed to be filled with sadness. This gets Jonghyun so curious about what happen to that boy. Well, he can ask Mir later. Because now he is facing another big problem. Mrs. Gahi once again is standing beside him with her foot tapping continuously to the floor. The same gesture as before Mir's interruption. He gulps then grins to her.

"Kim Jonghyun!! Detention!! After school!!"

------------------------------

Mir's POV:

It has been a week since we arrived in Seoul, yet Jinki hyung still doesn't say anything. He becomes a completely different person. He still smiles to us but it looks so fake now. Like now, I just saw Jinki hyung sitting outside the window and he never been someone who skips class. Our eyes met then he stood up and left. I'm so worried.

----------------------------

To: Bunny hyung

Hyung, kwenchana? Did you just skip class?

That's so not you, hyung..

------------------------------

I wait for the replay but nothing. He doesn't replay my message. It makes me feel hurt a little. I mean, I come here for him, to accompany him. But why do I feel he exclude me from the group? Joon always stays by his side and so do Yoseob. I wasn't even his best friend before. I was tagged along because I'm Joon's boyfriend. Even though now I don't feel like one. I know I shouldn't feel this way. I care for Jinki hyung. He is one of the nicest person I've ever met and I adore him. But sometimes, I feel kinda worried. What if Joon doesn't really love me? What if Joon actually use me as a camouflage for his unrequited love for Jinki hyung? And once again I'll say that I don't hate Jinki hyung. Hell, I even can't imagine to hate him in the future. He has been through a lot and personally, I wanna do something to make him at least feel comfortable and believe that he still has good friends. Not a friend who will stab him from the back.

Now Minho and Taemin have become taboo words to say. In Seoul, we live separately from Jinki hyung's grandpa's house. I still don't know how Changmin hyung convinced my parents to allow me coming here with them, but one thing I know that Jinki hyung's family is soooo damn rich!!! Now, all four of us live in an extremely luxurious apartment. And the owner of the apartment building is no other than Jinnki hyung's grandpa. I can't imagine how someone could afford that kind of thing. Changmin hyung gives two cars for us, one is Jinki's and the other one is for me, Joon, and Yoseob, in case we want to go somewhere. Jinki didn't say anything about this. He just accepted everything and just headed to his own room and didn't coming out before dinner. We, on the other hand, refused the car. But Changmin hyung insisted to give it to us and said that the car had been bought and if we didn't want it we could do anything to that car. He also said that to see the car as a thank you gift for coming here with Jinki hyung. I could see how Changmin hyung treasures Jinki hyung. He is willing to do anything for him. For the first three days, Changmin hyung stayed at our apartment, which I believe is big enough for ten people, and tried to make us comfortable. Jinki hyung started to talk to us on the third day, and I still can remember when Jinki hyung called Changmin hyung with 'hyung' and not 'shii' for the first time. Changmin hyung had this shock expression then jumped out of the sofa and hugged the startled Jinki hyung.

"Why are you laughing? Who are you?"

I snap out of my daydreaming to find someone stands in front of my desk. At first I thought he was a foreigner. He looks like someone came from Arab or middle east. If he didn't speak in Koreans, I would believe he is a foreigner. I look at Key who keeps talking to the new comer even though that new comer ignores him and keeps looking at me. Well, me, being under that intense gaze from a handsome stranger in front of me.

"Yaaaah!!!!! Don't ignore me!!! And don't be rude!! Jonghyun!! It's all because of you who spread your rudeness anywhere and rub it on Dongwoon!!"

Key shouts at the new comer.

"Shut up Diva. And I'm not rude!! I'm the nicest person in the world."

I break my gaze from the stranger and look at my two new friends bickering with each other. I snicker at their behavior. Maybe this school isn't that bad. Then I hear a chair is being pulled and the next thing I know the stranger sits facing me.

"Are you the new kid? I'm Dongwoon. Nice to meet you."

"Yeah I am. I'm Cheulyong. But just call me Mir."

He offers his hand to me, and I immediately accept it. I remember Key saying Dongwoon before, as the owner of the seat in front of me. I want to let go our connected hand but Dongwoon pulls me towards him.

"You're cute. I like you."

My face redden in an instant. Someone smacks Dongwoon's head from behind, which turns out to be Key, and Dongwoon lets go of my hand, as he rubs his back head.

"Pabo. Don't scare the new kid!!"

"Yaaaah!!! Appo!!!"

I smile looking at the friends in front of me. And I hope, someday I can be as close as them to Jinki hyung. Suddenly my phone vibrates. I open it immediately and read the message. The smile never leaves my face the whole time.

--------------------------

From: Bunny hyung

Na kwenchana.. Sorry for making you worry..

How about a lunch together? Just the two of us.

Let's get to know each other. I didn't talk a lot with you in the past. What do you think?

-----------------------------

And of course I say yes to that request.

-------------------------------

Normal POV:

Jonghyun's mind is full of a certain someone. It's frustated him. He doesn't know this Jinki guy. He even just knew his name from Mir. And he stupidly forget to ask more about this Jinki to Mir. Now, Jonghyun walks aimlessly on the corridor of he first floor. The weather is so nice. It will be wonderful to stay outside. While he looks out the window, he sees Mir is sitting under the same tree where Jinki sat before with another person. Jonghyung smiles as if he just win a gold and walks faster to that tree outside. Yes, it is Jinki who sits beside Mir. And Jonghyun doesn't want to waste anytime any chance to know him.

-----------------------------

A/N:

Hey guys..

Here's the new chapter.. I know that the title's lame. But I don't have any idea what to write anymore. Soooo.. Sorry for the Chansung thing in the early chapter.. It is just Chansung looks appealing nowadays.

As I promise you, here's Jonghyun and Key!!!!!!!!!! I also add a new character, Dongwoon, here.. He will play a certain role in this story too..

Hope you like this chapter. And thanks for they who commented and subscribed..

For Taemin's and Minho's fans, please don't kill me!!!! I don't held any grudge against them!!! It just that I need some characters to fill the role and I see them as the fit figure...

By the way, see you on the next chapter... (^_^)

ONEW FTW!!!! XD