Turning Point

Masquerade

The class is sooo boring without Jinki and Joonie hyung. I repeatedly look at the clock but it seems mocking me by showing the same time as I looked before. The teacher keeps talking things that I don't even care to follow anymore.

 

"Aigoooooo"

 

Thanks God I don't sit in the front class. I don't know what would I do if I have to pay the whole attention to the lesson all day. I look out the window, looking at some junior class having their P.E. They look so terrible. Mr. Yun decides to make the unlucky students to run for they life for, I don't know, forever? I mean it has been two hours since the class started. And they have been running since the time their class start. Wait.. Isn't it Minho's car? But why does he just come now? Didn't he say he had to take Taemin first?

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Taeminnieeeeee

Taem.. Eodiga?

 

From: Taeminnieeeeee

School.. Waeyo hyung?

 

To: Taeminnieeeeee

Ani.. I just saw Minho's car coming. Where has he been? I'm soo gonna tell Jinki that his boyfriend is skipping class.. Mwahahahahahahhaaa...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Half hour have passed, yet no replay from Taemin. What happen? It's kind weird, knowing Taemin addiction with messaging, he won't stop replaying first. But when I just open my phone and start to type a new message, I feel a presence in front of me.

 

"Ehemm.. Yang Yoseob shii.. I don't know that the whiteboard is moved under your chair."

 

I freeze. Damn!!! I forget that Mr. Ko has eagle eyes that can see through students' desk. I'm soooo death!!!!!

 

"Ahh.. Mr. Ko.. You look fascinating today. Is it a new bow?"

 

"Yes indeed. It is a new bow, Mr. Yang. May I know what you're doing under the desk, young man?"

 

Uuuuggghhhh!!!!! Mr. Ko and his obsession with bow tie and his circular-lenses glasses!!!! Not only that!!!! His face is also sooooooo old school!!!!!! Jinkiiiiiiii!!!!!!!! When will you bee back to school?!?!?!

 

"Yoseob shii.. Detention. After school. And you're staying after this class too. I have something to tell you."

Damn my life... T---T

 

-------------------------

 

"Yang Yoseob shii. You're supposed to be one of the smartest students along with Jinki shii here. I believe what you were doing is appropriate for someone like you."

 

"Yes, Mr. Ko. I'm sorry."

 

"By the way. What did you do? It was rarely to find you slacking off in the class."

 

Should I tell him? But if I tell him, Minho will get a detention too.. Ahh.. That's right. It's gonna be lonely to have a detention by myself. Mehehehehehee..

 

"Actually Mr. Ko. I don't know if I can say this."

 

"Just tell me Yoseob. Or I will take your phone for the...."

 

"It's Minho. I was looking at him coming and he was late which is weird knowing that we went to school at the same time but I don't know how could he be late and what about Taemin who were with him even though I didn't see him got out of the car but I surely saw Minho.."

 

"Enough Yoseob."

 

"...went out of his car and looking around like a ninja trying to attack their enemy stealthily and I was worried that was why I decided to text Taemin to ask what happen but I don't know why he didn't answer me message and..."

 

"ENOUGH!!!"

 

"Then you caught me."

 

"Really, Yoseob. Joon's idiocy must be rub off on you and Jinki. I don't know what to do If the three of you are together in my class. I surely will be stressed out at the end of the class."

 

"Heheheheheee.. I just answer your question Mr. Ko.."

 

"Yeah whatever. By the way, how is Jinki? Is he alright? It must be hard for him. When will he be back to school?"

 

"He's getting better, Sir. But I'm not so sure when he'll be back. I believe it won't be too long. I guess he'll be back in two days, three days top."

 

"Good. Both of you, however frustrating you are, are my favorite students. He has a lot of things to catch."

 

"Aahh.. For the sake of your favorite student, why don't you cancel my detention, Mr. Ko?"

 

I try to show him my most-super-duper-unbelievable-cutesy-alert aegyo face to him. At first he doesn't say anything. But suddenly he smiles and say.

 

"Aigooooo. Such a cute kid. Detention after school and 5000 words paper about psychological analysis on Dorian Gray's character due to tomorrow evening and try to show more faces. I would gladly add another 2000 words for the paper."

 

Ooooooohhhh... My life is sooooooo screwd!!!!!!!

 

--------------------

 

I don't see Taemin nor Minho in the break time and it's sooooooooooo weird!!!!! I mean all of us as in me, Jinki, Joonie hyung, Taemin, Minho, and Mir have the same break time. But now here I am. Sitting on our usual table alone. I don't even see Mir!!!!!

 

"Seobbie!!!!!!! You're alone?"

 

"Mir!!!!! Finally!! Aaaakkkhhh!!!! It's hyung for you!! You annoying brat!!!"

 

"No way I'm gonna call you hyung, Seobbie. You're even look like a junior with that pout in your face."

 

Aish this brat!! He is such an insolent brat! But I respect him. How couldn't I, when his boyfriend spend more time with someone even though that someone is their very own bestfriend. I don't think I can be that calm. But I know that both of them have been through a lot. They never say that they are together and I don't wanna admit that I know about their relationship. People who don't know Joon will only see him as an idiot, and I can't disagree with it seeing all stupid things he has done. But deep inside, he is a very timid person. Me and Jinki have been friend before Joon came, and Jinki was the first person who managed to open his heart from timidity. Joon's brain map is very complicated. If we see it in a flash it looks so simple, but when we try to see closer, it looks like a maze which only Joon knows how to get out of it. I know Joon's feeling toward Jinki is completely different with his feeling toward Mir. With Mir, it's love and possessiveness. With Jinki, it's longing, care, and respect. He would never leave Mir for Jinki, even though if he is given two options of Jinki and Mir, he will choose Jinki. He surely an interesting person. And I don't know why but I believe Mir is the perfect person for Joonie. Both of them have an equal idiocy, and both of them are complicated people. From his eyes, I can see Mir is understand Joon more than me. My thought was disturbed by a sting feeling on my cheek. Like a bee just stung it.

 

"Ouch what the hell MIR!!!!!!! Let go of my cheek!!!!"

 

"Then you better stop daydreaming pabo. Break time is over."

 

"But you don't need to pinch my cheek that hard. It hurts."

 

He snickers and gets up gathering his things.

 

"Ahh, Mir.. Taem and Minho. Do you know where they are? They don't even show up now."

 

Mir grunts before he says he doesn't know. He waves and goes to different direction from me. Alright.. Now it's time to learn postcolonial writing.. Another long boring class before my detention. Aish...

 

--------------------------

 

"I'm hoooooome...."

 

The detention took two hours. I heard from Mr. Ko that Minho supposed to have a detention too. But his coach arranged another detention for him tomorrow because he had to be I the field for I don't know I don't care thing. I walk into the living room and find my father sitting there with a someone I don't know.

 

"Ahh.. Yoseobbie.. Come here. Say hello to Mr. Shim. He is the Director from Seoul, the main branch of the company I work for."

 

"Annyeonghasaeyeo. Yang Yoseob imnida. Thank you for taking care of my father."

 

"Ahh.. Yoseob shii.. No need to be so formal. The pleasure is mine. Cheoneun Changmin. Shim Changmin imnida."

 

------------------------

 

Every day I shock (shock)

Every night I shock (shock)

I'm sorry jebal naege dasi dolawa jullae

Every day I shock (shock)

Every night I shock (shock)

Nan neo ttaemune amugeosdo hal su eobsneunde oh

 

"Hello hyung, what's up?"

"Ohh.. I don't know hyung. I think I can be there in an hour. I still have chores to do."

"I'll try to finish it as fast as possible, hyung. Then I'll straightly go to Jinki's house."

"What happen?"

"Arasso. Arasseo. Annyeong."

 

What happen? Joonie hyung's voice so awkward. He seemed like holding his anger or something. He didn't answer when I asked him what happen. I better be hurry and go to Jinki's house as fast as I can. When I finish, I straightly go out of the house. Exactly at that time, appa's guest, Mr. Shim, also gets out of the house.

 

"Seobbie, going to Jinki's home again? Your umma cooks your favorite meal. Have dinner at home okay."

 

"Okay appa."

 

Before I continue my walk, Mr. Shim stops me.

 

"Do you need a lift? You seem in hurry."

 

"Is it okay? I really don't want to burden you"

 

"Where are you going?"

 

"To XXXXXXX resident."

 

"Ahh.. I pass there on my way back. I'll take you there."

 

"Mr. Shim. I'm sorry for my son's rudeness. Seobbie how can you agree to be a burden for Mr. Shim?"

 

"But appa.. I really am in hurry. Something's happen there. I need to be there as fast as I can."

 

"Don't worry Mr. Yang. I feel happy to have a company on the way home. Sometimes it gets too lonely to drive alone. And it is not a burden at all. I pass the resident, by the way."

 

"Ahhhhh.. Thank you so much for your help Mr. Shim. Seobbie, be sure to back for diner. I have an important thing to talk tonight, arasso."

 

"Okay appa.. Arasseo."

 

------------------------------

 

Thanks to Mr. Shim I manage to arrive at Jinki's house less than 15 minutes. When I arrive at the front, the house is so empty. I bow and say thank you before Mr. Shim continues his way. I knock the door but it turns out unlock. In the living room I see Mir is crying hard while Joon is sitting beside him, doing nothing. His eyes are empty. I tap his shoulder to gain his attention. He looks at me and stays still for a moment. I don't see Jinki anywhere but I assume he is in his room seeing it is closed. I go to his room but stopped by Joon's hand on my shoulder. He shakes his head and point the terrace. I'm so confused. What happen?! Someone better tells me soon or I'm gonna die out of curiosity.

 

"Hyung, what happen? Where's Jinki? Why Mir's crying?"

 

Joon doesn't say anything at first. He takes a seat and looks at the garden, exhaling a long breath.

 

"Hyung, what..."

 

"Jinki saw them Seob. Jinki saw them."

 

"What? What are you talking about?"

 

"Jinki's moving to Seoul. I'm coming with him. Please come with us, Seob."

 

"Yah!!!! What the hell is happening here? I know nothing!!! Hyung tell me!!!"

 

"Seob.."

 

I turn my head at Jinki's voice behind me. My breath's caught in my throat. Jinki's face is so blank. It scares me. His face is so emotionless. Worst than his face when he was in his parents funeral. It was empty with a hint of sadness on his eyes. But right now, it's all empty.

 

"Come with me and Joonie hyung to Seoul, Seob."

 

-------------------------------

 

The drive back to my house is silent. Joonie hyung is driving and Mir decide to sit at the back and leave me sitting next to Joon. I'm so angry. Sad, angry, confused, disgusted, hurt, betrayed, I don't know anymore. I'm so betrayed at Joon for keeping me in the dark, sad for Jinki's suffer, confused on Jinki's request, angry and disgusted at 'those' two. Mir is finally calm. He still doesn't utter a word though. Joon steps the break slowly and the car stops right in front of my gate house. I don't even wave at them when I get out of the car. I recall every information I got before. It seemed so sureal. Too hurt to believe. I didn't give my answer when Jinki asked me to come with him.

 

"Honey, are you okay? You're face is so pale."

 

"Umma.. I..."

 

"Seobbie you're here. Come to the living room. I need to talk to you."

 

I look at my father's direction, before walking to the living room and sit. My umma and appa look at each other, before appa finally talks.

"Mr. Shim came here for a purpose."

 

I look at my father quizzically.

 

"He wants me to join the main branch company in Seoul. We are leaving in three days, Seobbie. Tomorrow you and your umma have to take care of your school and packing."

 

"But appa..."

 

"It's a chance in a lifetime Seobbie. I'm being promoted and Mr. Shim promised a good school for you."

 

"Honey, it's for the family's sake. Please understand you appa."

 

"I know that it is so sudden, Seob. Didn't Jinki say anything to you?"

 

"Jinki?"

 

"Mr. Shim said that all you have to do is accompany Jinki in Seoul. Joon and Mir are coming too."

 

--------------------------------

 

A/N:

 

Na cheongmal mystery, mystery (why)

Mystery, mystery (scene)

Mystery, mystery (loove)

(Dancing like crazy in my room)

 

I love writing Yoseob. Especially his blubber towards Mr. Ko. I kinda have the same tendency when I try to argue. Hehehehehheee... Can you guys follow the story? Are you confused?

 

Noooooo need to worry.. I'll reveal everything in the next chapter. Hehehehheee...

 

It's gonna be so hard to write the next chapter, knowing I will write something that I hate most in this world.. But in order to satisfy you guys, I'm willing to try the best!!!!!!

Wait for the next chapter, okay....

It should be upt tomorrow..

Do comments and subscribes... (Well.. If you want to..)

 

 

 

Onew FTW!!!!!!!!!!!! XD