A Tray of Light

Masquerade

 

"What are you doing here?"
 
Jonghyun is snapped out of his daydreamin (more like he, wailing inside his head, of his stupidity). He thinks his time alone on the rooftop won't be bothered by anyone. but he is wrong. He looks at the intruder on the left and finds Yoseob standing there. His facial expression is not so good.
 
"Why are you avoiding Jinki?"
 
Jonghyun lets out a long breath. He looks down to his laps, cursing himself. He doesn't know what to say. Is it okay to talk about this? Will he trust me?
 
"Are you gonna answer my question? I have a bad today. So you better answer me before I take it out on you!!"
 
Jonghyun looks at Yoseob. His face is troubled. Yoseob finds a doubt in there. Doubt, confusion, and insecurity. Where is the 'Jonghyun' he knows gone? Where is the strong, goofy, and happy man he knows?
 
"Would you believe me if I say Taemin is blackmailing me? Would you believe that?"
 
At the mention of Taemin's name, Yoseob goes rigid.
 
"What do you mean by that?"
 
Half hour ago, that Taemin sent him the picture, as if wanted to rub it all over his face and made him more miserable than now. Now, he turns on his phone and shows the picture to Yoseob. Yoseob's eyes go bigger comically. His breath's hitched.
 
"You bast..."
 
"He drugged me!!! He... He put something inside my drink and the next thing I knew I was on my bed with him!!!"
 
Yoseob pulls Jonghyun's collar harshly. His face is red by anger.
 
"The. How could you be with him at the first place huh?! Tell me!!! Did you oh so happen to meet him, huh?!"
 
"HE WAS WITH KEY!!! He took Key home!!!"
 
Jonghyun pushes Yoseob away. Both of them breath hardly.
 
"I love Jinki. I rather die than doing that thing to him. I... I don't know what to do..."
 
Jonghyun pulls his hair frustratedly. His head hurts. His heart hurts. And the thought of Jinki, hating him after seeing the picture is killing him. He doesn't know since when his heart is stolen perfectly by Jinki. He doesn't know since when his heart is beating so hard hearing Jinki's name. He doesn't know since when the first thing that comes inside his mind after waking up is the thought of meeting Jinki. And he doesn't know since when every time he thinks about his future, he sees Jinki in it. And after all of that affection he has for Jinki, the thought of Jinki hating him is hurt. It's as if he worth nothing. He lost everything. Yoseob who looks at Jonghyun's condition, is confused. Did Jonghyun say the truth? But if he lie, he shouldn't show the picture at the first place.
 
"Why don't you say this to Jinki?"
 
"Taemin got Jinki's number. He said if I ever be in 5 meters away from Jinki, he will send the picture. I... I can't let Jinki see that disgusting picture!!! I can't!!!"
 
At this statement, Jonghyun breaks down. He drops to the floor, screamin, crying, punching the floor. Yoseob immediately holds Jonghyun's hands. He shrieks as he sees blood starting to leak out of Jonghyun's hands.
 
"Jonghyun!!! Stop!!! Your hands are bleeding!!! Stop it!!!"
 
"So be it!!! Let me bleed to death!!! I'm such a disgusting person for being in that picture with that filthy man!!! I'm disgusting!!! I don't... I don't deserve Jinki..."
 
Jonghyun's body is shaking. Yoseob pulls his friend inside his hug and tries to calm him down.
 
"I love him, Yoseob. I love him... I can't be without him. I can't live knowing Jinki will hate me..."
 
Yoseob tightens his hug as he whisper calming words, promise words that he will help him to solve this problem. As he tries to calm Jonghyun down, there is one thing that crosses in his mind.
 
'Lee Taemin. Why did you do this?'
 
---------------------------------
 
"Jinki hyung!!! Jinki!!! Wait for me!!!"
 
Jinki tries to run away from Minho. After Jonghyun left, he had a feeling that something was wrong with it. Jonghyun promised him that he would always be his side. But lately, Jonghyun ran away from him. Before, when Jonghyun looked at Minho, he ran away too. Minho manages to catch Jinki's hand and pulls Jinki toward him.
 
"What is wrong now? What did I do wrong?! Why did you run away from me?!"
 
"Let me go!!!"
 
Minho lets Jinki's hand go. He looks at Jinki broken heartedly.
 
"What did you do to Jonghyun?!"
 
"I... I don't..."
 
"Don't lie to me!!! If you don't know, why did he run away from you?!"
 
"I swear to God, Jinki!!! I know nothing!!! I don't even know him!!!"
 
Jinki's eyes start to water. Can he believe the man before him? Someone who betrayed hurt him? Can he? Jinki's head starts to hurt. Suddenly, his phone is ringing. Minho lowers his eyes, lets out a hard breath. He doesn't know what happen. And who is Jonghyun? What is it all about?
 
"Jinki, tell me. What is it all about?! I don't understand..."
 
"I have to go. Changmin hyung is here to pick me up."
 
Minho looks at Jinki who is retreating away. He remembers that today there is a big party in Lee's resident and Siwon is invited. He has to be there!!! He has to get the answer from Jinki.
 
"I'll be in the party. You have to know whatever it is, I have nothing to do with it!!!"
 
Minho's shout stops Jinki's step for a moment, before he continues his walk.
 
"Yoseob, if only you are here. I'm confused, Seob..."
 
With that whisper, a trail of tear falls down Jinki's cheek.
 
--------------------------------
 
"You're coming with me to Lee's party."
 
Jonghyun looks up to Yoseob. Both of them now in Jonghyun's room. Yoseob doesn't know why, but he has a strong believe that Jonghyun is innocent. And he will take everything to solve this trouble and make Jonghyun clean. It's all for his friend, for Jinki's happiness. He doesn't like it to see Jinki sad. And being away from Jonghyun, makes Jinki sad. Too many things happen lately. His argument with Jinki, Minho's presence, and this. Yoseob doesn't understand. Why Taemin did this all? Does he hate Jinki? But Jonghyun said that Taemin loves Jinki. Then if this is the way he loves Jinki, then Taemin is a sick man. He has to be stopped, before he hurts more people. Jonghyun also said that Taemin is closed to Key now. Yoseob remember when the time Key brought Taemin to their table. He was shocked and angry. But then he remembered Key know nothing about Taemin. And the time when he looked at the way Key looked at Taemin, he fell in love with him. That is why, before another person is hurt, Taemin has to be stopped.
 
"Lee's party?"
 
"Yes. Jinki's grandpa holds this party for company's shareholders. You're coming with me."
 
"Are you deaf?! I told you that..."
 
"If you are within 5 meters away from Jinki, Taemin will send the photo, yes I know. I hear you loud and clear."
 
"That's why..."
 
"This party is a private party, Jonghyun. No one without invitation is allowed to come. I have the invitation and you're coming with me. We will talk to Jinki there. I will talk to him. I need to talk to him..."
 
Yoseob lowers his head. His expression becomes sour. He has to talk to Jinki. He has to straighten the misunderstanding. He has to apologies. And he will do it tonight.
 
----------------------------------
 
Key stirs on the bed, a he tries to clear his vision. He takes all of his surrounding. Taemin's room. He is in Taemin's room. The spot beside him is empty. He lets out a long breath and squeals happily. He smiles so wide as he remember what happened this morning. He reaches out his boxer and pulls it on.
 
"Where is Taemin?"
 
He looks around the room. Something catches his attention. Under piles of books, there is a framed photo. Key's eyes are getting bigger as he sees the photo.
 
There it is. A pictrure of six man. But the four of their face are covered with black ink from a pen and left two of them clear from the ink. The two of them are Taemin and Jinki. Above them, there is a hand writing.
 
'He is MINE!!!"
 
----------------------------------
A/N:
 
Heeeey.... I'm heeeere...
 
In this opportunity I will shamelessly promote my new story. The title is 'Taemin's Brother'. And like my other other stories (who haven't finished, btw), is about Jinki (blame my bias-ness). And I make Taemin a good person here!!! Yaaaay Minnie!!! Check it if you want to and don't forget to subscribe...
 
Enough about that... Hope you like the new chapter. Don't forget to comment. I admit that I don't really satisfied with this chapter. But that's all that I can write for now...
 
@mamichi:Seobbie is such a cutie.. And I hate seeing Jinki suffering here... Why did I write it then??? Hmm... I forget why... Hmmm.... Anyway, hope you like this chapter. :3
 
@renchop: I'm an onho an a jongyu shipper... And now I'm confused who should I pair Jinki with. Hmmm... Taemin is such a meanie here... Hope you like the chapter... ;D
 
@lowrah: and I'm an onewxanyone shipper!!!! XD... Hope you enjoy this chapter...
 
@chocoblack: Taem, screaming Jinki's name, is idk... Truthfully, I can't stand rereading that chapter. I feel sorry for my own character... Anyway, hope you like this chapter...
 
@pradiv1819: I updated!!! Hope you like it...
 
@arianiagustina: there will be more jongyu in the future, I assure you that... :))
 
@StayOnyou: it's painful for me to write this too (crying inside)... Taemin is such a meanie man... Hope you like the new chapter... :))
 
@VeAmilla: I plead guilty for making a lot of them hurt here*sniff... They will get better!!! Scout promise!!!
 
@SnHiromi: yeaaah you right... Taemin shouted (jin)Ki... Aishhhh that kid... Yoseob might hurt Jinki with his words, but he regrets it immediately... *sniff
 
@HeavenLee: *helping you flip tables* poor Kibum, right... And poor Jjong.. Poor Minho... Poor Yoseob.. Lastly, and mostly, poor Jinki... *shakes my head*
 
@amatsukishi: i updated!!! Hope you like the chapter... :D
 
Aaaaaa~nd that's all from me.. See you on the next chapter.. Bbyooo~ng...
 
 
Onew FTW!!! XD