The new school

Masquerade

After all of the things that happened, Jinki starts to build a wall around his shattered heart. He tries to block any kind of new interaction from people around him. Because of that, starting at a new school becomes something hard for him. Especially when there are people who are curious about him. It bothers him to the end. Since 'THAT' accident, he starts to suspect everyone. He believes one day, they will stab his back when his protection is down, the same way as Taemin and Minho did to him. But he doesn't know why, he still believes in Yoseob, Joon, Mir, and his newly found cousin, Changmin hyung. As for Yoseob and Joon, they are his best friends since he can remember. In Changmin's condition, maybe because it was Changmin who found him first, after that accident. In Mir's condition, he feels that he owes him his lost time with his boyfriend, Joon. As now he sees Mir, who sits beside him, devouring his bento, he wants to apologize.

"Mireu.. Don't you hate me?"

Jinki's question makes Mir looks up from his lunch. He looks at Jinki with a confused expression. Jinki's phone rings. After seeing the caller, he just pushes the ignore button and focuses back at Mir.

"Me? Hate you? Why should I?"

"You know..."

Jinki is cut by the ringing phone. He once again pushes the ignore button, then shuts down the phone. That way, his conversation won't be disturbed anymore. No, it's not Minho who called him. He is not stupid enough to not change his number. It's Joon. Ever since that accident, he keeps insisting to be by Jinki's side. At first, Jinki feels grateful. But when he accidentally looked at Mir's longing expression, he realized that how wrong was it. He didn't want to steal Mir's boyfriend, as Taemin did to him. He was better than that.

"It's Joonie hyung, right? The one who called you? Why did you ignore it?"

Jinki couldn't say anything. The only thing that he can do is giving an apologetic expression.

"Is this why you ask me whether I hate you or not?"

"I promise I will stay away from him, Mir.."

Mir smiles as he is shaking his head.

"It's not you to be blamed, hyung. Truthfully, it hurts me to see him spending more time for other person. But if I were him, I would definitely do the same. I don't say it's all because of you, hyung. It's just my selfish side. Please, believe me.."

Jinki looks down to his un-touch lunch. He feels guilty.

"Still, Mir.. I can't stop myself to think that it's because of me, you have that longing expression. If only I could be stronger..."

This time, it's not the ringing phone that stops Jinki's words. It's a piece of chicken drum stick, which is shoved into Jinki's mouth by Mir. He grins at his hyung's confused expression.

"Eat first, hyung.. You're as thin as a brick."

Jinki (try to) smile with his stuffed lips and proceeds to chew the chicken. Mir chuckles seeing his hyung. He thanks God for making Jinki not loosing his addiction to chicken. Because in his opinion, Jinki hyung is not Jinki, without his chicken obsession. As Jinki finishes the piece, Mir starts to talk again.

"If you're feeling guilty, then there's one way to get my apology, hyung."

"Tell me, Mir.. I'll do anything."

"Smile, hyung. I miss your smile so much.."

Jinki is taken aback by Mir's words. He knows how simple the request is. But Jinki doubts if he is still able to sincerely smile, after everything that happen. Mir, suddenly straightens his back, as he looks out, and waves. Jinki twists his back to see who Mir is waving at. There he sees an unknown boy walking towards them. He looks back at Mir confusedly. Who is that boy? Why does he walk toward them?

"Hey, mind if I join you?"

"Sit, Jjong hyung.. This is Jinki hyung.. Hyung, this is Jonghyun hyung, my seat mate."

There's something from the way the newcomer looks at him, that makes Jinki uncomfortable. He smiles awkwardly as he waving his hand and say hi. To his surprise, the newcomer just snatches his waving hand and shakes it.

"Hey.. I'm Jonghyun."

"Jinki."

Jinki pulls his hand off of the smiling boy. He doesn't like this condition. It reminds him to the first time he and Minho met, introduced by Taemin, following with Minho snatching his waving hand. It's too similar, it hurts.

"Mir, I gotta go. See you at home, okay.."

Jonghyun is speechless with Jinki's cold attitude toward him. He looks back to Mir, hoping the boy knows the reason behind that attitude. Mir also confuses by Jinki's response. Both of them only able to see Jinki walks away. If Jinki's attitude confuses them, then the time Jinki suddenly turns his heels and walks back toward them, makes them more confuse than before.

"You said your name was Jonghyun, right? Walk with me."

Jonghyun once again couldn't form a word, as Jinki pulls him to the opposite direction from Jinki's way before. Mir's eyes catch Joon's figure walking toward them, fast. He breathes out heavily, as he looks away to see Jinki dragging Jonghyun away.

"Yah!! Who the hell is that? How could you eat lunch with Jinki without telling me? Why can't I contact Jinki? Aish!! That bunny!!! Doesn't he know how worried I am?"

Mir looks at Joon, who stands in front of him. He smiles bitterly. Even when he is standing in front of him, Joon's eyes never are not directed to him.

"Yah, Mir, why don't you answer me?"

Joon finally looks at Mir, who straightly looks back at him. Mir's eyes get teary. He has had enough. He knows that he is being childish. But his heart couldn't handle it anymore. He curses himself for not being as strong as Jinki, who faces a lot more pressure than him.

"Joon, let's break up."

Joon is surprised hearing Mir's words. His eyes widely open, so does his mouth. Mir, calmly gather his bento's box and walks away, leaving Joon who is stoning on his spot.

----------------------------

Jinki stops his steps and lets go his grip on Jonghyun's arm. He doesn't dare to turn around facing the other boy as he doesn't know what to say. He did it out of panic, seeing Joon was coming. He didn't want to hurt Mir's heart anymore. After spending lunchtime with him, Jinki immediately grows fond of Mir. He doesn't know whether it is out of pity, or an honest feeling after hearing Mir's request.

"Care to explain what happen?"

Jinki's body is stiffened by the other boy's voice.

"It's kind of rude to show your back to someone who is talking to you, you know.."

"Sorry, I just wanna avoid someone. You're the only way out. So, sorry if it's bother you."

Jinki finally turns around, but he still refuses to look at Jonghyun. But it's enough for Jonghyun, because finally he is able to inspect Jinki's face better. Cute is the first word that formed in Jonghyun's brain. He never labels himself with a specific uality preference. But it is the second time he is attracted to the same , with the first was Key but it had happened a long time ago.

"if I say it bothers me, what would you do?"

Jonghyun can see Jinki's eyes twitch at his words. He grins at Jinki's expression. There is this new goal formed in his head, to see any kind of Jinki's expression. And what he wants, he gets.

"I already said sorry. Whatever."

Jinki is walking away as fast as possible from this boy. The uncomfortable feeling is still there. His heart beats fast especially after seeing Jonghyun's grin. He growls when he hears there are steps following him behind.

"Are you some kind of stalker or what?"

Jonghyun's grin is getting bigger.

"Hey, it's you who dragged me out of nowhere. And I don't stalk you. My class is at the end of this floor."

Jinki rolls his eyes and continues his steps. As he is finally in front of his classroom, someone tugs the back of his shirt.

"You know, I feel like Alice who is following the running rabbit to the jungle. A cute rabbit. We should do this again. See you later, bunny."

Jonghyun walks to his class while humming a happy tone, while Jinki looks at Jonghyun's back, irritatedly.

"Bunny my !! You puppy!!"

As he finally sits on his desk, he tries to calm his heart and turn on his phone. He is not surprised to see 10 new messages. Two from Yoseob, two from Changmin hyung, five from Joon hyung, and one from Mir. He decides to not read Joon's message and opens Changmin's message, which saying that he will visit him tonight. After that he reads Mir's message. His breath hitches. He just wants to get out of the classroom, but the teacher comes in.

------

From: Mireu

Hyung, I'm gonna come home late. Need to calm my heart down for awhile. Hyung, I broke up with him.

------

----------------------------

Yoseob curses out loud when he hears the bell ring. There he is. Lost in the middle of nowhere. He doesn't know where he is. There isn't any replay from the messages he sent to his oh so called friends. Well, actually it's his fault. He was on the way to Jinki's classroom, when he saw someone familiar. It was his old neighbor who had moved when he just entered high school. Yong Junhyung. He was sneaking behind the boy, debating inside his head whether he had to call him or not. As he was absorbed into his thought, Junhyung was nowhere to be seen. Yoseob exhales a long breath, cursing himself for being such a coward. It has been a year since he ast saw him, yet his feeling is not gone yet. Yes that's true, the cutie Yang Yoseob is in love with his ex-neighbor, Yong Junhyung. Yoseob, who is tired off walking, finally stands by the door. But he immediately yelps when the door he is leaning on is opening and causing him to fall.

"Yoseob? Yang Yoseob?"

There he sees, Junhyung sitting on the sofa, with a girl straddling on his laps. Some of the couple's button open, wide enough to give Yoseob a view of Junhyung's tattoo and the girl's bra. Damn, I'm screwed!! Yoseob whispers.

----------------------

A/N:

I'M SOOOO SORRY... I know it has been forever since the last time I updated.. Things happened. Here's the new chapter.. Hope you like it.. Tell me what do you think about it, please? I kinda lost and out of the story track after sometimes abandoning this story.. Thank you sooooo much for the subscribers and the comments.. Love you guys..

ONEW FTW!!! XD