Trouble is a friend?

Masquerade

The air in the apartment that night is unbearably awkward. Joon, who tries to find Mir, who hasn't been home yet, while insisting to be by Jinki's side, interrogating about the new guy. Jinki, who tries to push Joon away, while trying to call Mir, and to talk to Yoseob, who came home with troubled expression. Yoseob, who is caught in his thought, but realise how uncomfortable the feeling in their apartment is. Jinki decides to drag Yoseob inside his room.

"Jinki yah, what happen?"

"Why don't you tell me your problem first? I kinda feel bad for ditching you this lunch."

Yoseob looks down at his hand. It would be a lie if he said he didn't feel wronged. Ever since the tragedy back there, he always thee one who was left behind. Jinki realizes the uneasiness as he sees Yoseob playing with his finger. He sits beside Yoseob then nudges his shoulder.

"Seobie.. I'm truly sorry for dragging you into this mess. I know I shouldn't do that.."

"Then what would you do? Leaving me in the dark again as you did before?"

There's no emotion in Yoseob's voice. Jinki hears it and feels regret. If only he can do anything, he will do it right now to make his best friend smile again.

"I know I seem so selfish right now. I mean, you're the one who get hurt, yet here I am nagging about irrelevant thing. I just so angry to not do anything to protect you. To not able seeing behind those evil innocent..."

"Yoseob.."

The room is silent. Both of them jump a little as they hear knocks on the door.

"Jinki yaah.. Can I come in?"

Jinki looks troubled, Yoseob knows it. He looks at Yoseob, pleading a help from him, letting him know that Jinki doesn't want to meet Joon. Yoseob looks back at Jinki, demanding an explanation, before he goes to the door. He opens a little, enough for him to see Joon, but not enough space for Joon to see the whole room.

"Jinki's sleeping. Go talk to him tomorrow."

"If he is sleeping, what are you doing inside?"

"Because he lets me. Hyung, just wait till tomorrow, okay?"

"Sobie, have you heard?"

Yoseob shakes his head. It seems that the problem is more serious than what he thinks. Joon looks hesitant, before he turns around and walks away. Yoseob closes the door and walks back to the bed, and sits.

"Jinki yah.. Where's Mir? Why hasn't he come home yet? It's very dange..."

"Mir broke up with Joon.."

"Rous.. WHAT?!"

Jinki closes his left ear as Yoseob screams on it.

"What the hell did I miss now? Really!!! The three of you should let me know about what happen, if I'm still considered as friend!!"

"Seobie!!! What are you talking about?! Don't you ever think that way!!"

Yoseob exhales hard.

"I don't really know the real reason why they are broke up, but I think I know what triggers it."

Yoseob looks at Jinki, expecting thhe other boy to continue. He then surprises to find the tears on Jinki's face. Of course he panics. Since Jinki found out about Minho and Taemin, he never showed his tears, not even to Joon.

"I'm screwed up, Seobie. I think they broke up because of me. I'm a bad friend, Seob. I'm no different from Ta.. Tae.."

Yoseob pulls Jinki into his hug. He gets it now. He understands how Joon spends more time beside Jinki, than Mir. But did Mir angry at Jinki? If he does, then Yoseob surely not really know Mir that much.

"Did Mir say something to you?"

"He told me that it's not my fault. It just him and his selfish thinking. But I think I still have a big role in this case. I'm a bad person, Seob. That's why God punish me like this."

"LEE JINKi!!! Don't you dare saying something like that, ever again!!! No one, do you hear me, NO ONE deserves to be put in this kind of situation!! Especially you!!"

Jinki erases his tears with the back of his hand. Yoseob looks at Jinki with pity. How couldn't he? Yoseob is very care about Jinki. He knows how soft his heart is, how kind he is. And when this kind of problem occurs inn this kind of time, Yoseob sure that Jinki will blame himself for this. As he ruffles Jinki's hair, he hears some noise outside. Isn't that Joon's voice? What makes him shout like that?! Jinki, who is calmed down, looks at Yoseob confusedly. Yoseob shrugs his shoulders and gets up, and walks out of the room, followed by Jinki.

"What the hell are you doing to him?! And get your ing hands off of him!!!!!"

Yoseob and Jinki arrive at the living room to see Joon is talking to four people, who are standing in front of the door. Wait!!! Isn't it Mir? Why does he look not sober?!

"Oh!!! Hey, Jinki... Lucky to see you!!"

"Ahh.. Yoseob.. So you're living here, huh?"

"Yaaah!!!! Ahjussi!!!! Back off!!! Let me put Mir down on the sofa!!!!! He is not that light!!!"

Yoseob and Jinki can only gap their mouth, seeing the sight in front of them. There stand Jonghyun who beams a smile to Jinki, Junhyung who waves at Yoseob, and Joon, who tries to pull the-not-so-sober Mir off of Dongwoon's arms.

Exactly, what the hell is happening here?!?!

-----------------

A/N:

I'm baaaack.. Well, even though it's kinda short, but I think it's necessary for this chapter. Don't want to ruin the story now, do we? Hehehehhee..

Hope you like this chapter.. Don't forget to comment and give any suggestion, kay.. I would really appreciate it!!!

And for they who commented and subscribed, thanks so muucho!!!! And for the silent reader, enjoy..

ONEW FTW!!!!! XD