Diary #22: The Past, Explained.

Diary of a Wimpy Wife: ExoK Baekhyun edition

“Yah. Igge anya. No. Not that one either. Nu uhn.”

 

“AISH are you kidding me right now?!”, Baekhyun grumbled as he stumbled his way through the pile of randomly placed clothes on carpeted floor. “It's been four hours Bora. And that's four hours of browsing through your entire closet, trying to select what clothes to pack and what not. We're going on our honeymoon of 3 days yeobo, not 3 years!”

 

I shrugged, as I stared admiringly at the laced, snow white summer dress in front of me. “This.”

 

Baekhyun's eyes brightened as he quickly crawled over. “This what? What about this dress? Are you going to decide to wear this dress? Finally! I-”

 

“This dress... Is too flowy..”, I decided carefully as I smoothed out the wrinkles.

 

With a defeated whimper, my dear fiance face planted onto my bed and laid there silently as I continued to assess the other half of my closet. Ignoring his groans and complaints, I simply plugged in my ear buds and a tune of my liking. Robin Thicke? Alright. Speaking of to my liking, this outfit would work perfectly. Not to light, not too burdening. Enough to cover up what should be left reserved for my husband and I, revealing just enough to keep myself from fainting due to over heating.

 

“Ok I'm serious, my stomach is complaining that it's empty. If you don't hurry up, I might as well just chew on a piece of clothing discarded on the floor”, the Bacon grumbled as he sat there, all cross legged and diva like.

 

I turned around and scowled at him.

 

“Hey don't give me that face, Missy!” Baekhyun huffed.

 

I stuck my tongue out and neatly folded the chosen articles of clothing, forming a stacked up pile. “That's too bad, 'cause you're going to be living with this face for the rest of your life.”, I argued back. “Also, whatever happened to your little 'marriage contract'?”.

 

With a silly grin, Baekhyun reached in his pocket, pulling out a little case. It was made of red wood and had carved prints on it. Taking it out of his hand, I excitedly opened it up and found myself unable to close my mouth. Unfortunately, not because of happiness.

 

“This is your marriage gift!- Ow!”. I flicked him on the forehead, glaring down at this case. “What was that for?!”

 

“For giving me a case full of ashes!”, I yelled back. What the ?! What is this supposed to mean?

 

Baekhyun pouted and attempted to massage my shoulders. “Jagi, those aren't just ashes. They're the ashes of what once was our marriage contract..”. I gave him a questioning stare. “Well, the destroying of our marriage contract simply means that I'm taking back all I've said before. I'm burning away all of our bad times and only keeping the good memories...” his voice trailed off as he reached in the pile of ashes and pulled a necklace out of the case. After dusting off the ashes, I was able to see the photo engraved on the inside. A photo of Baekhyun and I, on our first date.

 

I felt tears slowly forming, and quickly gave him a tight hug, squeezing the air out of him.

 

“Whoa there- You're this happy over this sort of simple thing? You're going to be crying a whole lot during our marriage -of happiness, of course.” Baekyun beamed.

 

I let go of him, and searched within myself for the courage of asking him the question I have always been wanting to ask. “Then... Then why did you ditch me on our date a year ago?”.

 

With a gulp, the guy just looked down with shame. “I-I thought you didn't actually like me... Much less love me the way I loved you..” before I could budge in a sentence or two, Baekhyun proceeded to explain himself. “You see, I actually did go to our meeting spot. I waited there, half an hour early too. However, I found myself running away when I saw you step out of a car. With Kai. And his lips were on your cheeks...”, his eyes had darkened by now.

 

Crap. So I was the reason for our failed date? “B-But he was just wishing me good luck! I-I didn't, he didn't- I'm sorry...”, I looked down.

 

He my hair gently and hushed me. “No, it's not your fault. I should have waited for you to explain instead of acting childishly and running away. After that incident, I had vowed to hate you for the rest of my life. Well- That was surely burned away along with a marriage contract!”, he laughed as I giggled along.

 

“So.. Fresh start?”, I beamed.

 

“Definitely. Oh. Also, tomorrow at the wedding, expect a big surprise from your Bacon!”. With a wink, he left me after a soft peck on the cheek. Why do I have a bad feeling about this...