The Last Dream

The Last Dream

Chapter 25: The Last Dream

Adrenaline.

It filled almost every inch of my body cells, making me to enjoy running and laugh, slightly. From behind me, I could almost imagine how Oichi-san was looking at me – weirdly and not understanding what’s so funny especially after what I had told him about my new-found opinion of fan-girls-crowd.

Despite of being a Doll for my mother, mostly, I wasn’t unused to such a thing as adrenaline.

Far from it – whenever my parents weren’t at the sight, I would always take my time and enjoy myself. Filling myself with the forbidden adrenaline, and doing things my mother would’ve cried at, Robert would’ve probably cheered for, Helen would’ve most likely just stood there perplexed and father…he would hopefully laugh at my childish behavior. Come to think of it, I miss the family times before mother went crazy and started to mold me into ‘a perfect doll’.

How old was I back then again?

Ah, seven.

Far too long ago – fifteen years ago.

Once we’re safely inside, I lean against the wall far from the glassed-windows, holding my hand against the chest – taking a long breath in and letting it out and chuckling. The sensation of being alive was here for a moment, before it started to fade.

Leaving behind only the numb feeling to cruelly remind me of what little time I’ve left to live.

“Oi, Oichi-san, who’s this chick?”