The Last Dream

The Last Dream

Chapter 24: The Last Dream

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” I muttered under my breath, not bothering in being quiet, staring at the crowd and sheepish looking Oichi-san.

No.

I take that back.

I didn’t mutter under my breath, it was more like I growled under my breath.

From anger, frustration and embarrassment – something I rarely felt towards a stranger or because of a stranger even if that stranger was now an acquaintance of mine.

It was just ridiculous and by that I mean just how crazy the fan girls can be, the very thought of being in the shoes of my own favorite idols makes me shudder in fear of the fans. 

Of what they can do and how they can react.

Otherwise, I probably wouldn’t mind (but that isn’t what I would still like to have – fans).

“No,” Oichi-san said with a rather dark expression. “It’s nothing out of ordinary…Have you ever seen how fans react to their favorite idols during the live concerts?” He added, looking at me with now nearly emotionless expression, and I nodded.

“Through the screen – yes,” I replied, getting ready to run inside as I held my laptop bag and handbag, waiting for the signal. “With my own eyes – no, sadly no – before today I used to be jealous of those who can be here and see their idols like this but now…I don’t. It makes me feel pity and sorry for having to constantly deal with it.”

He blinked, looking surprised, “I wasn’t expecting such an answer, Sara-san,” he said, and I sighed.

“What did I tell about no honorifics?”

Oichi-san could only smile, rather owlishly, at me when we got the signal to move. It was hellish, and I mean it. I can never phantom of why I wanted to belong to this crowd – to stand here and wait for my admired or loved idol and greet them. Maybe even hope to get a handshake or a hug from him or her. But now, after experiencing this…

“BRING OUT KAT-TUN! BRING OUT ARASHI!”

I mentally cursed father for peeking onto my list of things to do before I die as we ran (I tried to stay as invisible as possible and definitely not to get into any picture – it would’ve become a problem for me and the company) towards the entrance.