The Last Dream

The Last Dream

Chapter 23: The Last Dream

I started to recognize the road, having seen it from my laptop screen for so many times – Fuji TV headquarters. As we approached the building, I could see the crowd of people who had all gathered here, most likely in hopes to see (maybe even talk or get a hug or hand-shake) their favorite idols.

The majority of the crowd was high school girls, and some of them were even younger. Then, there were surprisingly lot housewives, who probably only came because they had nothing to do. Amongst the females (was it nearly two hundred people?) I could spot a few males, holding on to the picture of their female idol.

“We’re here, Sara-san,” Oichi-san’s voice snapped me out of the daze. “Be ready to run in,” he added with a wink and small chuckle.

My lips formed a small smile as I nodded, “I would’ve never imagined of seeing this (I pointed out of the window) in real life…I’ve only seen Japan through laptop screen and pictures.”

Oichi-san nodded, thoughtfully, “Fujika-san did mention something like that,” he muttered, mostly for himself. “He also mentioned about the reason you came.”

Damn that over worrying father of mine.

Instead of saying about the matter, I asked if I was going to need my stuff or were we going to come back. The response was –

“Oh, yes, we’re going to change car once we’ve got the boys.”