The First Move

Innocence...

 

Kyuhyun was pacing around in his room the next morning. “How am I going to approach her?” he asked himself looking at the mirror. “Hey Sunny, I was thinking... we are in the same company but we haven’t really talked much in the past. I think we should catch up that... what do you say, Friday night at dinner?” Kyuhyun practiced in front of the mirror.

“Real smooth kid...” Heechul retorted sarcastically, standing at the door “You know that girl is a blunt, right? Unless you stand there with a blinking sign saying ‘Let’s date’, she won’t realize it.”

“I know Hyung... I just don’t want to scare her by being too direct.”

“If she doesn’t get scared by looking at you, then I’m sure she can’t get scared by anything” Heechul mocked.

“Hyung!!!” Kyuhyun was on the verge of crying.

“Okay okay... Get ready we have to get going. And Don’t forget what I told you to wear” Heechul reminded him while going out of Kyuhyun’s room.

 

At the Company:

Kyuhyun was waiting at the rooftop like Heechul asked him to. He knew Heechul already texted Sunny asking her to go to the rooftop alone.

The door creaked open and a curious Sunny poked her head out of the door. When she saw Kyuhyun pacing around in circle she fully opened the door and showed her presence to Kyuhyun.

“Kyuhyun Sunbaenim... Annyeonghanseo...” she whispered. Though all the members called him ‘Oppa’, she thought it was more appropriate to call him ‘Sunbaenim’.

“Oh Sunny, Annyeonghanseo...” Kyuhyun greeted trying his best to sound normal, although his heart was doing back flips. “And you don’t have to call me Sunbae... I like it better if you call me Oppa” he added.

“Okay Oppa... Kamsahamnida” she bowed.

“Don’t be so formal please... I’m just older to you by a year...” Kyuhyun told her. He felt too old when she treated him with that much respect.

“Okay... So does that mean we are friends?” she smiled.

“Yeah...” Kyuhyun trailed off. ‘I want to be more than friends!’ he mentally screamed.

“Wow... You are so nice Oppa...” Sunny told him, with a big smile plastered on her face.

“Gumawo” he smiled blushing. His hands were rubbing his neck and he couldn’t make eye contact with her. He felt flustered hearing those words from the girl who won his heart. Happy to have left a good impression on her he asked her the next question that he’s been practicing in front of the mirror “Sunny-ah... Since we’re friends now, would you come with Oppa for dinner?”

“Sure” she answered.

“How about Friday? Is that good?”

“Definitely...”

If Kyuhyun thought his heart was doing back flips before he knew that his heart and brain went on a rollercoaster ride. He couldn’t think straight.

He kept grinning when Sunny’s voice suddenly interrupted “Oppa, I have to go down... the others are calling me.”

Kyuhyun nodded in response since his words got stuck in his throat.

“Annyeong... I’m looking forward to Friday...” she told him as she left the rooftop.

Kyuhyun stood in place frozen. She told him that she was looking forward to their date. Even though she didn’t realize that it was a date yet.

He stood in the same place for two hours until Heechul went upstairs and grabbed Kyuhyun by his arm dragging him down.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hey guys... It's been ages since I've updated... i'm in the middle of exams but didn't want my lovely readers to wait...

I'll probably start updating more regularly by the end of next week...