Chair Lover

SkyTempo Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Love, are you even serious?” Tabi raised a delicate eyebrow as his eyes levelled to Chaerin.

“I didn’t laugh at all, so yes love, I am.” Chaerin smiled and walked ahead of him on the sidewalk. She’s glowing under the afternoon sun with her light yellow dress, Tabi has observed.

But then again, she glows every time.

When he opens his eyes early in the morning, his senses automatically seeks her; his eyes, nose, hands, ears – lips, they all want to have a daily share of Lee Chaerin.

His eyes would wonder on her sleeping form, always carefully observing the steady rise and fall of her body.

His nose would always take a whiff of her delicate but uniquely feminine scent, burying his nose at the nook of her neck. It has always been a balance of sandalwood and vanilla.

His arms would automatically reach out to touch her curves too. She always had a firm body, the results of her constant training – and he’d always love it if she gains a little weight, he even playfully squeezes the baby fats away.

Then his lips – he loves kissing her in the earliest moments of her consciousness. The way her body automatically leans in to his kiss is his favorite response. Though she’s half awake, her body seeks his warmth, and he marvels that.

And when she finally greets him her good morning, the sound is a singsong message to his ears, and then she smiles and she simply glows. It’s like seeing a sleeping flower bloom every day, rewarding him of her beauty, untainted and anew.

Five years of being together and Tabi do this every waking minute of his life. And he’ll probably never get tired of it. He can read her quirks and movements like he has a PhD majoring on Chaerin psychology.

 

But though she sounded delicate, she was still a force to reckon with. She always challenges him, she’s his alter ego, his greatest critique and of course, the wearer of the pants in their relationship – no he’ll take that back, he’s in charge of the relationship, but he makes Chaerin believe that she is. It saves him from all the gender equality rants that she fiercely believes.

 

And since she believes she is “in-charge”, whatever task was at hand, Tabi needed to follow through. So when Chaerin asked to buy a daddy chair, he’ll have to do it, without reservations. He just couldn’t place it in his gut why she’s this excited for a chair. It’s his thing, not hers. So maybe it’s another discovery to ponder on later. For now, he’ll be the dutiful boyfriend.

 

He loves chairs, no doubt, and that’s probably why Chaerin is asking him for this, and he obviously loves her too. But it was the first time he ever heard from the love of his life that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter