Two Centuries

SkyTempo Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Beneath the moonlight, a lone silhouette of what seems to be a human sits near the edge of a rooftop, five stories high – arms rested on both knees, and a weak sigh escaping its mouth, never to be heard by anybody else except the wind that passed by it.

It. Because it is neither human nor alive anymore. She considers herself it, because when her animalistic instinct kicks in, reason is left behind. It exists in a realm of mythical creatures feared by humans and animals alike. It chooses the creatures where it finds the source of energy to exist. Beggars, es, random criminals or animals were never its liking, for they are beneath her stature in this realm of vampires.

It thrives from blood and blood alone. It survives for days without food or water, for a ’s blood is all it needs.

“Chaerin, you’re starving yourself again.” Another creature appears from no where, tapping the younger woman’s cold shoulder.

“Even if I starve myself now, I won’t probably die for the next decade, would I?” she smirked while running her long nails through her blonde hair. Her pale smile might send chills to any human staring at it but not to Dara. She’s used to Chaerin’s emotionless look and chilly smiles.

“Try sipping from our tubes in the lab, it helps.” Dara sits on the edge of the rooftop too, swaying her thin limbs in the cold November air.

“No. Artificial blood just makes me weak. And don’t try to convince me, you have your mate so you don’t have a problem.”

“Perhaps its time you find one for yourself.”

“It doesn’t come easy and you know that. You’ve waited for two centuries until you met Taeyang.”

“Two centuries and you’re still not over your first love – what could get any worse?” Dara laughs loudly, smacking her friend on the shoulder once again. But Chaerin doesn’t budge, she was used to the other vampire’s teasing too. Two centuries is a lot of practice time anyway.

Dara stopped laughing when Chaerin pursed her lips with her finger. “I could smell blood.” She scans the empty streets of the city, looking for the source of her excitement.

 

 

 

 

Seunghyun can’t explain the sudden goose bumps he’s experiencing. It must have been the quick breeze when a midnight bus came rushing on the street even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter