Part 1: The Truce

TEACHING MR. KWON

A/N :the italicized words are TOP's imagination....kekekeke

 

 

 

Seunghyun is in a dilemma. And it has something to do with the call he received from Bom, asking him for two favors. The first request was a no brainer. Heck! He’d even benefit from it. He needs a new secretary. Bom’s youngest sister, who has experience as a secretary, is looking for a job. Problem solved.


Now, the second request, that’s what he dreads. His happiness hangs on the line! Bom’s parting words echo in his mind.


“If my sister becomes happy” The words that followed, Bom drawled it out in a husky, seductive voice that made him shiver in anticipation “I’ll make sure that you’ll be the happiest man alive”


Which brings him where he is now, weighing out the qualities of his friends. His eyes landing on each as his brain make quick mental notes. Comparing it to the information Bom told him about her sister.




Kang Daesung

Women are drawn to him because he’s: Buff. Have a good disposition and a great sense of humor. He could knock off the socks of any woman with his husky voice when he sings. But there’s something amiss about Dae


“Is there anything you like more than me?” Bom’s sister asks

“Doraemon!” Daesung’s eyes sparkle, glee evident in his voice. 


“Why don’t you play with your friend? It looks more fun than what I have prepared” Bom says before walking out




Daesung is more interested in the blue, round headed cat, with an endless supply of crazy gadgets coming out from its tummy than a woman. Even if it’s Aphrodite who would stand next to Doraemon, both holding out their arms, he’s sure that Daesung will choose the latter any day. 


“Playing with Doraemon is not the ‘fun’ I had in mind” Seunghyun sighs, before his eyes move at the person sitting next to Daesung.




Dong Young Bae

Now, Young Bae is the type of man most girls go for. His body exceeds that of Daesung. His voice, when he croons, draws women like honey to a bee. He’s religious to boot, sealing his good boy image. He would’ve been a good choice, except for one itsy-bitsy detail.


“Young Bae this is Bom’s sister” 

“Annyeong!” Bom’s sister greets, hand held out for a handshake

Young Bae has his head bowed down, eyes averted “H-h-hi”

“Yah Dong Young Bae! Aren’t you going to shake her hand?”

Bom’s sister grabs hold of Young Bae’s hand. Immediately he stiffens. Eyes bulging out at their clasp hands then have seizures at the contact before he falls down to the ground. Unconscious.

Bom kneels down on Young Bae’s side and fans him “Call an ambulance!”

“There’s no need”

“Eh? But…but your friend fainted!”

“He’s naturally shy when it comes to women”

“How can you be this selfish?” Bom glares at him, while placing Young Bae’s head on her lap “You let your friend be traumatized!”

The next words she uttered, was what traumatized him “No treats for you for a week!”



Beneath the manly image Young Bae has, he’s an innocent choir boy. He was catatonic for the days that followed, after the fiasco at the bar a few nights ago. He’s just starting to recover from Keiko’s unexpected kiss. Having him go out on a date, before he’s fully recuperated, will definitely scar him and be scared of women for the rest of his life.


“I’ll have him go on blind dates until he gets over his fear of women before that happens”




Seunghyun’s gaze lands at the two other occupants in the room bickering over a game of pool.



Lee Seungri

Maknae. Narcissist. Playful. He loves women. Knows how to work his charms on women. Making them want to cuddle him. And boy, Seungri loves to cuddle. His cuddling is far from the innocent. 


“Annyeong Seungri~ah” with her hand extended

Seungri holds her extended hand in his. Instead of shaking them, he brings it to his lips 

“It’s my pleasure” Seungri says before bestowing a light kiss at the back of her hand.

Seconds later, the woman’s tummy began to protrude.

“Your friend impregnates my sister on the first date?!?!?” Bom’s eyes turn to slits as she stares at her sister, now with a round belly. 

“Honey…” He pleads “I swear I didn’t know”

“I have no plans of becoming pregnant this early. You’re banned!” Bom says before tugging her sister out of the room.

With blazing eyes he turned to the smiling perpetrator “LEE SEUNGRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”



Lee Seungri would also fit the bill of being able to give Bom’s sister a time of her life. But he’s too for his own good. It won’t be a wonder if we’ll see a long line of kids he fathered from numerous women he bedded in his lifetime. Even if he’s eighty his could still be volatile enough to father a child.


“Castrating you would probably the best option” Seunghyun sighs exasperatedly “Or let you wear your very own chastity belt”



Turning his head and attention to the last occupant in the room, Seunghyun starts to be lost in thought.


Kwon Jiyong

Slick. Smart . He’s not as buff as Daesung or Young Bae, but his slim figure still appeals to a lot of women. Confident. That’s one thing no one can deny. Jiyong’s confidence exceeds the four of them combined. And that lures the women to him. Driven. He’s also a genius to boot. Whatever he does, the end result has always been him being the winner. Because he won’t give up once he set his mind on it.


“Annyeong” Bom’s sister greets shyly 

Jiyong scoffs right in front of the woman, turns to him and in says a loud voice “Hyung! You’ve got to be kidding me.”

Pulling him to one side quickly, seeing that Bom’s indignant stare “Yah! Lower down your voice. And what’s up with that?”

“Hyung, you tell me what’s up with that?” Jiyong points to Bom’s sister, who now has her head buried under her hands and seems to be crying.

“Eh?” 

“She’s not my type” 

That triggers the girl to start wailing. Bom pulls her sister to a tight hug and gives Jiyong and him death glares.

“Jiyong, you don’t mean that right?” Seunghyun is now panicking, adds in a whisper “Yah! Could you just play along?”

“Hyung, I don’t play with women like her” Jiyong turns his attention to Bom’s sister “Sorry but I don’t do relationships and again, you’re not my type.” Then he walks away from them.

“Choi Seunghyun!” Bom yells after she recovers from the shock at having been walked out by the Great Kwon Jiyong.

“H-honey?” Sweat starts pouring down his back

“Don’t you dare call me honey!” Bom tugs her sister away “Come on”

“Ho..” Seunghyun stops when Bom throws another death glare at him “Err where are you going?”

“Don’t call me or show your face for a month! No…don’t do those things unless your jerk of a friend apologizes”

Jiyong apologize? It’s like asking a shark to become a vegetarian. Or asking a pig to fly. 

The problem he sees with Jiyong is he’s too full of himself. He’ll only do things that he likes and no one can force him to do things. Seunghyun now sees his future bleak and cold.




“No. No. No. No. That won’t do” Seunghyun stares intently at Jiyong who was laughing out like a hyena at something Seungri said “Why can’t you be more like your cousin? If he was here I won’t even be having this problem”


Letting out a sigh, before he calls out to one of the occupants in the room.


“I have a favor to ask”




~oOo~




Byul looks down at a mountain of blanket. Disbelief registers on her beautiful face. She couldn’t even see a strand of Dara’s hair from the heap on top of the bed. 


“Dara?” She calls out.


A muffled reply came from under the heap “Unhmmfft….”


“I heard from Heorin~ah that you caught a cold”


Struggling through the bundles of blankets thrown over her, Dara sits up. Byul couldn’t help but laugh out loud at the sight before her. Dara’s eyes were puffy and red but not as red as her nose is. She could rival Rudolph with it.


“What you laughing at, unnie?” 


“Uhmm….“ Byul tries to suppress her laughter ”Nothing. So why did you catch a cold?”


“I forgot to take my jacket when I went out the othernight” Dara takes another wad of tissue 


“Tch!” Byul sits at the side of Dara’s bed, caresses her youngest sister’s hair for comfort “You’re really forgetful. How can you go with Bom later if you’re sick?”


“It’s just some colds unnie. I wouldn’t miss the opportunity of getting a new work because of this” Dara assures Byul


“I’ll have Hyeorin run a warm bath for you. But don’t stay in the water for too long”


“Yes unnie” Dara answers like a little kid.


“Unnie?” Dara calls out to Byul who already has her hand at the door


“Yes?”


“I’m suddenly wondering why Bom unnie wanted me to dress up, even lending me a dress and have you put on some make up on me. Not only that the meeting will be this evening. Do you have any idea why?”


Byul manages a smile “Maybe because Bom wants you to make a good impression on your new employer and maybe he’s only available tonight”


“Oh…” Dara exclaims “Okay”


Byul sighs in relief as she goes out of the room, usually Dara immediately senses when she and Bom have something up their sleeves. Thanking their stars Dara’s not her usual self or whatever plans they made would’ve been wasted.




~oOo~




JIYONG’S POV


I can’t believe Seungri agreed to Hyung’s ridiculous idea.


I turned to Daesung and Young Bae who were both busy eating “Hey, don’t you smell something fishy about hyung asking Seungri to date his girlfriend’s sister?”


Both just gave me stares like I was garbling something foreign. I forgot, that these two have little interest in women.


“I mean, the sister must be unattractive. Even letting her sister to go get her a date”


“I don’t think so hyung” Daesung answers “Hyung’s girlfriend is pretty”


“Yeah, Ji. I saw the picture of hyung’s current girlfriend and she’s hot. I also saw the eldest, she’s hot too. So I guess Seungri’s date will also be a hot one”


I snorted “Well, if she’s hot, why can’t she get a date of her own?”


“Hyung says she’s not really sociable compared to her sisters. Would rather work than date.” Young Bae purses scowls as he tries to recall something


“I also heard that the sister will be hyung’s new secretary. She lost her job and needed a new one”


Hearing Daesung’s last remark got my attention. My heart begins to pound in anticipation.


“Did hyung say what her name is?” I tried to make my voice calm.


“I think he did. Did he?”Daesung turns towards Young Bae.


Adrenalin now pumps in my veins. I’m almost shaking.


Damn it! How long does it take to remember a name? 


“Yeah he did” Young Bae answered nonchalantly.


I feel my frustration is starting “And?” 


“Why the sudden interest hyung?” Daesung asks 


“Nothing. I just want to know” 


Screw this. If they won’t tell me the girl’s name in ten seconds, I’ll bash their skulls open!


Young Bae pipes in just in time before the ten seconds was up “Hyung’s girlfriend’s last name is Park” 


Park! Hohohoho…..This is getting more interesting!


“Park?” I’m doing my best to stop my smile “And her first name?”


“I-uh… I think it’s Sandra? Sanya” Daesung says


“Sandara?” I supplied.


“Yes! That’s it. That’s the first time I heard a three syllable Korean name. Cool right, hyung?” 


“Did Seungri say where he’ll go?” I can feel the hum of excitement in my veins.


“I think he’ll be at the Cineplex. Why?”


Without replying, I immediately stood up much to the surprise of the two “I forgot I have an appointment”


“Sure hyung”


“Bye, Ji”


I just raised my hand to wave. Not bothering to look back. Not when I have a more important matter to attend to. 




~oOo~




Seunghyun is waiting with Bom and her sister. They’ve been waiting for a good twenty minutes.


“Honey, Where’s your friend?” Bom sounding like her patience is wearing thin.


“He’s coming don’t worry” Seunghyun says, an apologetic expression on his face.


Seungrat! I’ll have you skinned alive!


His phone rings. It’s Seungri. 


Seunghyun hissed “Yah rat! Where the hell are you?” 


“Hyung! I got caught in traffic, don’t worry I’m just parking my car”


“Hurry up!” Seunghyun then disconnects the call.


“Unnie, can I just go home? I really don’t have to play chaperone on your date, do I?”


“Yes, you do”


“He’s already in the parking lot” Seunghyun interrupts the sisters


“See? Your dates here” Bom gives Seunghyun a smile much to the latter’s relief.




~oOo~





Seungri was racing up the stairs, he sees Seunghyun and two girls through the glass doors. 


“Dang! That’s my date?” Seungri lets out a whistle, seeing Dara’s y outfit “She’s H-O-T!” 


He had just entered the doors, raising his hand to greet Seunghyun, when a hand clasped around his mouth and drags him to the side.


“Jiyong hyung?!?!?” Seungri exclaims the moment he was released and turns around to see who dragged him.


Jiyong was smiling like a cat that had his cream “Want to have a deal?”


“A deal?” Seungri asks.





~oOo~





“Unnie do I really have to?” Dara whines. She’s really not feeling well. 


If I knew this was also going to be a date, I would’ve asked for the meeting to be rescheduled. Aaah! My a$s is freezing again in this dress. 


“Dara you’re date’s here. It’s rude if you’ll leave” Bom reprimands 


“But”


“If you whine, I’ll abduct Tamtam!”


Dara’s eyes widened “No you wouldn’t!”


“Yes, I would” Bom smiles smugly seeing Dara concede “Now, smile sweetly”


“He’s he….eeeh?” Surprise laces Seunghyun’s voice.


What the fcuk!? What’s HE doing here? Where’s Seungrat?!?


“Hello” Jiyong greets 


A chill ran down Dara’s spine hearing that very familiar voice. Stiffly with a smile plastered on her face, she turns towards the devil who owns the voice.


“I believe I’m your date” Jiyong extends his hand “My name’s Kwon Jiyong”





~oOo~





The tickets and snacks were already brought. Dara is so tensed she feels she’d jump out of her skin any moment. 


“Unnie” Dara calls out softly before they enter the doors of the theater where the movie they selected will be shown.


“Dara~ah?”


“I’ll just go to the washroom”


“Ok” Bom replied but there was a warning glint in her eyes, telling Dara not to think of escaping.



Dara hurries to where the bathroom is. She really needs to go and pee. Too nervous to have the devil err~ Kwon Jiyong around.


“Uugh..” Dara whispers as she pees “I have to bear being with him the whole night”


After washing her hands, she stares at her reflection in the mirror, thankful that Byul made her look pretty. 


“Dara~ah, fighting!” She cheers herself before going out




“Took you so long inside, I thought I needed to barge in and rescue you” A voice says the second she stepped out


“Waah!” Dara clutches a hand to her chest.


“I volunteered to wait. Your sister looks worried that you might sneak away”


“Who says I’m sneaking?”


Jiyong pushes himself off the wall “Who would’ve thought eh?”


Annoyed with the smug look on Jiyong’s face “Can I ask you one tiny bit of favor?”


“Let me hear it first before I agree”


“Can we have a truce just for tonight?” Dara says through gritted teeth “I think my sister and your friend doesn’t know about us”


“Us?” Jiyong smiles at what he hears 


Blushing at how her words are being used against her “I mean they didn’t know that I used to work for you before”


“And?”


“If we could act like this is really the first time we meet”


“Aaah….” Nodding his head, as if weighing his options “Ok”


“Deal?” Dara extends her right arm, although she feels puzzled why Jiyong easily agrees to her request.


Jiyong takes her small hand in his, and gives her his lopsided smile “Deal”


Gaaahd…why do I feel like I just made a deal with the devil himself

 

 


THOUGHTS and COMMENTS are welcome appreciated

THANK YOU as always for reading