LIKE IT OR LUMP IT!

TEACHING MR. KWON

A/N: The fourth time I rewrote this whole thing...
I didn't like what I wrote the first time, the second I accidentally deleted the file from my ipod, it was my brother's turn to delete it the third time...

lucky for me, I have my guinea pig around. 

Mianhe for making you all wait...anyhow, here's the next installment of the jerk and the ex- halmeoni....enjoy!

 

 

 

"Twenty one." Seunghyun mutters under his breath.

He takes note of the floor number which was lighted first, before pressing the up button. It didn't slipped from his attention that, coincidentally, it's the floor where Jiyong's apartment is and where he is heading. He waited for the elevator to descend.

 

Ping!

 

Finally.

The elevator chimes, signaling that it has come to a stop.  And once the door slid open, Seunghyun was stunned from disbelief at what he found inside.  It was a sight he never thought he would have a chance to see.  Inside is Dara. Seeing her brought a sense of dread. 

Her hair is all messed up. Her clothes crinkly. In her left hand, she holds the pair of white shoes, he remembers as he one she was wearing last night, which is probably why her feet are now encased in a pair of plush indoor slippers.  And then, there's the tear stains on her cheeks.  Heck! Even if Dara would deny it, Seunghyun caught her in the process of wiping them off.

"O-Oppa…"

Dara's voice trembled a little at the end.  Seunghyun doesn’t know whether he’d take it as she’s overwrought with dismay or hurt.    Without wasting another second, Seunghyun grabs Dara by her wrist and dragged her out of the elevator.  He didn't stop, not until they've reached his car, which is parked just across the street. 

"Sit." Seunghyun orders, as soon as he's able to wrench the passenger door, open.

Dara complies.  A minute later, they were driving away.

 

 

~oOo~

 

Deja vu.

Jiyong feels like he is transported back to the disastrous night he had in a club.  When all of the girls he's dating that time all turned up and he ended up being slapped, gutted, stomped on and drenched with water while being called different names.  Of course, it didn't take him long, to identify who was the mastermind behind it. 

Sandara Park.

And right now, she is heading straight for him, looking gloriously beautiful.  Her aura today seemed different from that night in the club.  There's an air of confidence in her stride, and purpose in the gleam of her eyes.  Jiyong is finding it hard to pry his eyes off of her. 

When Dara's had her face upturned, automatically, Jiyong bows his head down, allowing their lips to brush against each other.  And like always, whenever their lips meet, Jiyong finds it hard not to deepen the kiss.  The sweetness of Dara’s lips is like a nectar that’s addictive to his taste.

Heat begins to spread in the pit of his stomach, as the kiss lengthened.  Dara’s hands feel cool against the warm skin on his chest.  Jiyong felt a twinge of disappointment when she pulled away from their kiss.  But when Dara glided one of her thumbs over his lips, finding the act sensuous, it took Jiyong a lot of effort to quell the urge of having his lips close over her finger and take nibble it.

“Someone’s excited to see me.” 

Dara said those words in a somewhat breathless voice, and Jiyong knows she's not referring to Yoona, who is standing next to them, wearing a crossed expression.  Especially, since most of his blood decided to pool at the lower region of his body.

The second time Dara turns her attention to Yoona, Jiyong tried his best to understand what she is saying to the latter.  And it's a feat that proves to be difficult to achieve for someone with a brain fogged with desire. 

Jiyong has never imagined how lethal a finger could be to ones sanity, not until Dara's finger traces an invisible pattern on his chest.  Closing his eyes as shivers run from the insides of his body as he endures Dara's slow, sweet onslaught.  Teasing him further when her trailing finger stops at the edge of the only thing that saves him from being as he was on the day he was born.  He tenses in anticipation.

His brows furrow to a frown, a minute has passed, and nothing happens.  Dara is already halfway towards the elevator, when Jiyong opened his eyes.  All he could do is to stand and state dumbfoundedly, still confused with how things has turned out. 

"Oppa, who is she?!?" 

For the first time, after Dara approached them, Jiyong hears Yoona. Snapping him out of the trance Dara seemed to have placed over him.

"Oppa!"  Yoona yelps in surprise, before running behind Jiyong to the direction of the emergency stairwell. 

Yoona stomps her feet in frustration, peeking over the rails, she sees Jiyong is already two floors down.  Her face scrunched up, she marches back to the hallway.

Jiyong can feel his energy is quickly draining from running down the stairs.  He is pushing the limits of what his body is capable of doing, hoping he'd still be able to catch Dara from leaving the building.  The  number one painted in red on the white wall, boosts his steps.  

In no time, Jiyong shoots out of the door and into the lobby.  A couple of girls, who lives in the last apartment on his floor, the postman, and the young receptionist are the only ones there.  He decides to go outside.



A car on the other side of the street whizzes by the second Jiyong steps out on the sidewalk.  He whips his head left and right, scanning the people walking by.  He rakes the fingers of his right hand through his hair in frustration, the longer it takes him to search for Dara.

When all of a sudden, Jiyong feels a hand hit him on his head.  He twists around, a smile plastered on his face expecting it was an annoyed Dara, smacking him from behind.  It wasn't Dara, but  an  ahjumma.  A very annoyed ahjumma.

The ahjumma swings her bulky bag at Jiyong.

"Ow!"  Jiyong exclaims at the contact.  Good thing he is able to raise his arm and block the attack, otherwise he'd be sporting a shiner.

"Lecher!"  The ahjumma spats before she walks away, huffing in indignation.

 



What the hell?

 



Since he practically has no idea what incited such a reaction from the ahjumma, Jiyong turns around and  waltzes back to the building.  As he's about to enter, the main door opens and out walks the postman.  He didn't notice the meaningful stare the postman threw at him as he's busy thinking where Dara could possibly went.

"Good morning, Mr. Kwon."  Minzy, the receptionist, greets, looking rather uncomfortable.

"That's odd. "Jiyong mumbles.  

Minzy, despite her young age, is one Jiyong could consider as normal.  The conversations he had with her are devoid of flirtation.  Thus the reaction she had puzzles him a bit.

Jiyong shrugs it off, and proceeded to walk towards the elevator.  Arriving just in time for the doors to open.  He steps in along with the girls he saw earlier.  

The girls position themselves at the far end of the lift, opposite Jiyong's. He presses the button for their floor.  Giggling sounds reach his ears.  He makes a glance sideways. And sure enough, he catches them peering at him at first, before speaking in hushed tones, followed by giggling.  

Just then, as he looks straight ahead, he gets a  glimpse of his own reflection through the mirrored doors. Jiyong groans mentally.

Fcuk.  

Jiyong can feel his face starting to heat up.  He's not the least bothered by the fact that with his current state of being underdressed, he is practically giving people, a free live show in broad daylight.  What made him blush is the fact that he was running around whilst holding Dara's bra.  

Lucky for him, the ride was quick, the elevator slows to a stop at the twenty first floor.  He gives the girls a fifteen seconds head start, seeing Yoona standing outside the his apartment.  The look on her face is an indication of trouble brewing ahead.  Jiyong walks the path back to his apartment in a slow pace.

Yoona waits as he punches in the code to open the door of his apartment.

"I'm going to get dressed."  He informs Yoona, aware that she followed  him inside.

Yoona grips Jiyong's wrist, stopping him from moving forward "She's the one you were talking to at  the party last night."

It wasn't a question, though Jiyong's lack of response, affirms the statement.

"Who is she to you oppa?"

 

 

 

~oOo~

 

 

 


Seunghyun pulls his car to a stop on a sidewalk parking spot. When he glances to the passenger side, he sees Dara looking petrified in her seat, gripping the seatbelt tightly in her hands.

"Let's go inside."  His voice startles Dara. 

Dara unclasps her seatbelt, opens the door and steps out from the car  "Oppa?"  Puzzled when she realizes they were parked right outside a known clothing store instead of her house, which she had expected. 

"You need some clothes to change into."  Seunghyun touches her elbow and escorts her inside the store.

"Welcome."  The store attendant standing by the doorway, politely and cheerfully greets.

"Morning."  Seunghyun smiles at the attendant "Can you please help her get some casual clothes?"

"This way please."  The attendant, steps a bit to the side and points to endless racks of clothes.

Dara wears a pained expression on her face as she pleads for help "Do I have to?"

"Your sisters are probably awake by now.  And they may start asking questions once they see you wearing the same clothes."  He replies, gently pushing her to the direction where the attendant is pointing.

Dara grudgingly walks with the attendant and began to choose clothes, knowing well enough that what her Seunghyun oppa said makes sense.  And if her sisters get a whiff of what she actually did last night, they'd ask her until she won't ever have peace in her life, not unless she'll confess everything.  She'd rather go through the painstaking task of shopping for a decent set of clothes than face her sisters' curiosity.

Seunghyun had learned from Bom in the past how Dara hates shopping.  It may be a bit childish to get back at Dara by letting her go through the process of choosing clothes, for making his head hurt whenever he's reminded of the fact that he just saw her about to leave Jiyong's apartment building.  He may not have prevented Dara from getting involved with Jiyong, but damn if he'd let things be more complicated than it already is.

If he wasn't busy worrying, he would be chuckling right now as he watches Dara's failed attempt of discreetly inching her way towards the racks holding up the intimate apparel that the store carries.  Instead, Seunghyun can feel his brows making a deep vee in the middle of his forehead,  when he sees Dara snatching up a pair, and quickly scurries towards a fitting room along with the rest of the clothes she has decided to get.

I really am going to kill Jiyong.

 

 

 

~oOo~

 

 

Forty five minutes later, Seunghyun stops his car two houses before the Park's.  He reaches for the paper bag at the backseat, nestling Dara's clothes from last night.

"Here."  Seunghyun hands the paper bag to Dara.

Dara shyly accepts and then opens the door.

Before Dara could step out of the car, Seunghyun says "Don't worry, I'm not going to tell Bom where I found you."

"Thank you, oppa." Dara expels a sigh of relief. "Please take care."  Closing the car door.

The car purrs to life and seconds later, it's already driving away.  Leaving Dara to stare as Seunghyun drives off.  She walks the rest of the way to their house. 

 

"Where are my keys?"  Dara grumbles as she rummages inside the paper bag. "Shoot."  She blurts, remembering that it was the reason why she went back to the jerk's apartment and retrieve it.  The jerk's indecent scene out in the hallway made her forget.

Dara raised her hand and presses the door bell at the wall.  "Oh god please, don't let one of my sisters be the one to open the door for me."   Doing a quick prayer.

Holding her breath, as the front door opens.

 

 

 

~oOo~~oOo~

 

 

 

JIYONG'S POV

 

After I got Yoona off my back, I still had to settle the issue with Dara.  I've been trying to call her phone, but all I got so far, were endless ringing followed by the prompt that my call is diverted to her voice mail.   I may not be sure how to handle things from this point on, but one thing's for certain, Dara and I need to talk.  Going to her house is not an option.  Her sisters may be there, and it would be difficult to explain things.  Besides, I don't think the witch will cooperate and go with me to somewhere where the two of us can talk freely. 

"Yeah, that will work if I had her all tied up."  I snorted, waiting for my nth call to be picked up. 

I suddenly had an image of the witch with her hands tied up, burned inside my mind.  I shifted uncomfortably.

"The number you're trying to call is currently unavailable.  Please try your call again later."  I hear a different recorded message, and then a series of beeps follows before my call is totally disconnected.

I pressed the redial button, and a few rings later the last message plays again.  I tried for about five more times, before giving up.  I run one of my hands over my face annoyed at the notion that she might've turned her phone off. 

Plopping myself on my bed, I stared at the ceiling  "I'm not going to her house.  No way in hell."

 

 

 

 

The sun has set, three hours ago, and until now, I haven't even seen the witch's shadow coming out of their house. I've been cooped up inside the confines of my car right across the street from Dara's house, since two o' clock in the afternoon. My stomach grumbles in protest.

Fcuk.  Is she a hermit?

A tapping sound from my side, startles me from my thoughts.  I lowered my windows, and see that it's a police officer.

"Good evening, Officer."  I greet Officer Jung, reads the name plate on his uniform, stepping out of my car with a smile  "Can I help you?"

Officer Jung touches the tip of his  hat "The station received a call from one of the neighbors.  They got worried, stating it's been hours since your car was parked, and you haven't stepped out of the car."

"I'm sorry if I had someone worried. I was waiting for my friend, who lives nearby, to arrive and somehow fell asleep"  I give Officer Jung the only excuse I could come up with the moment.   I swear my subconcious self is laughing his off at how lame my excuse sounds.

Officer Jung stares into my eyes for a period "Very well.  Try not to fall asleep inside the car again.  It's not good for the health."

"Yes, sir."  I extend my hand for a shake "Again, I'm really sorry for the trouble I caused."

Who's lame now?

I mentally challenge my own subconscious, who seem to answer back, scoffing "Whatever"

Standing next to my car I watched Officer Jung approach the next house, and talk to an old man for a while and then walks off to a patrol car.  I waved as he speeds by.  Only then did I open my car door and sit behind the wheel again.

Scaring the neighborhood enough to land me in jail for a night is not my cup of tea.

I threw a last glance towards the house where the witch lives for the last time, before my car speeds off.  Tomorrow is Monday.  I'll see the witch even if Seunghyun hyung throws a snitch.

 

 

 

 

The ringing pulls my consciousness out from lala land.  Grumpily, my hand moves, searching for my phone over at the side table.  Opening one eye, I see that it's only three in the morning and an unknown number is calling me.

Placing it over my ear, I swiped the lock to answer the call "Hel..."

"Yah, jerk!"  A hushed voice cuts me off. "You still have my purse.  Leave it with Soo Mi and I'll go get it.  Or better yet, just have it deliver at our office."

And just like that the call had ended. 

So she wasn't exactly ignoring my calls. 

With that thought, I scrambled off the bed and went on purse hunting. 

Damn it.   I've checked every nook and corner and nothing resembles a purse. Unless...

An idea hits me like a ton of brick.  With hasty steps I walk out the door.  Thirty minutes later, I'm back inside my apartment, with the witch's purse in my hand.  I found it lying on the car's floor, underneath the passenger seat.

Delivered?  I'll make it an extra special delivery.  Wuhahahaha

 

 

 

 

 

"Thank you, President Kim.  Kwon Corporation and KG Inc. partnership will surely be a force to reckon with in the business sector."  Standing from my seat, I extend my hand and had a shake with my current visitor.  I've successfully closed a deal with an investor, elating my spirits more.  "I'll see you out." 

I came back to my office as soon as I sent President Kim off.  I still have another appointment  in thirty minutes.  And then, I'll go on with my plan.

Pulling the lowest drawer on my table open, I took the paper bag holding Dara's things.  I draw out my hand and inadvertently, got hold of her white, lacy bra.  He was staring at it while smiling, when Young Bae and Seungri walks in.

"Lingerie..." Young Bae drily quips, noticing what he has in his hands "Never imagined it will be a new business venture for Kwon Corporation." 

"It's not what you think."  I'm not prudish, but being caught red handed holding an intimate piece of clothing by my friends at my workplace is hard to explain.

The way Seungri is grinning and the glint in his eyes, mean he'd be doing a stupid act soon. "." He teases

"Touch." I dare "And that will be the last thing you do before you depart this world of the living." 

Growling out a warning usually wards him off, but it didn't work this morning. He pinches the bra from my hand.  Like a bullet, I was up from my chair. It seems like maknae is hell bent on annoying me.  He shoves his arms and wears the bra over his clothes.

"Oooh....Aaaahhh..." Seungri makes noises.

"Hand it over."   

The maknae ignores my demand "More...yes, there..."

A game of cat and mouse begins.  With me trying to catch Seungri.  He's able to dodge me, by making sure either there's enough distance between the two of us for him to run away or a furniture is between us.

"That's it." 

I sound serious enough to scare Seungri have him scampering out the door.  I smirked when he suddenly halts.

"You're dead." I threatened. 

Ready to give him a pounding he deserves, I hear Seungri say in an excited voice"Noona!"

Fcuk.

Taking a peek over the maknae's shoulders to see the witch,a horrified expression on her face.  I followed where she's staring.  Her eyes are glued to the bra Seungri is wearing.  Her bra.

Double fcuk.

She turns on her heels back and heads back to the elevator.  Making a quick decision, I went back inside grabbing the paper bag from my table and dash after her.  Luckily, this time, I was able to press the down button, before the doors had completely closed.  She was shooting daggers with her eyes, as I stepped inside.  She has no choice but to endure being inside the elevator with me unless she's up for running thirty flight of stairs, to get to the lobby.

She presses the button for the lobby.

"We need to talk."  I said holding her by the elbow.

The elevator begins it descend, and then stops two floors down later.  It opens, and a group of people came in.

"Good morning, Mr. Kwon."  The employees greeted, seeing me inside.

I acknowledged them with a nod, before moving to the side until my shoulder is touching hers. 

"I said we need to talk."  I repeated as the doors close once again. 

She's snubbing me.

No other button was lighted up except the one for the lobby.  And it only takes twenty seconds for the elevator to travel down to it.   I started pressing all twenty seven buttons.  Not giving a damn that my employees are looking at me, like I'm whacked out or something.  Desperate times call for desperate measures.

"Stop pressing!" she hisses vehemently in a low voice.

"Let's talk."  I lay out an ultimatum. "I'll stop pressing."

She gives a small nod. I stop myself from smiling, though inside my head, I'm doing a victory dance.

 

 

 

 

 

"Why are we here?"  Dara snaps the question at me, the second the waiter leaves with the orders I placed for the two of us.

Taking a sip of water first, I then replied "Scientific studies say that decisions made with a full stomach is the most sound."  I handed Dara the paper bag "Here."  She was looking at me dubiously "It's your purse." I added.

"Thank you."  Dara takes it.

Awkward silence stretch between us.  Her eyes were staring intently down at her plate.  It's a wonder that she hasn't bore a hole on it. 

She stands up "Ladies room."  Is all she said, before scampering away.

 

~oOo~~oOo~

 

 

 

DARA'S POV

 

I can't cut all ties without seeing the jerk.

"We need to talk."  Wearing a serious expression, he says, as his hand grasping my elbow, stopping me from moving forward.

It was humiliating enough to see his friend wearing my bra.  And then he tells me, we need to talk.  I didn't want to attract attention from the other people inside the elevator, I had no choice but to agree. 

I have no idea what's going on his mind. The tension at the table was too thick, it made me so nervous, I needed to go.  I'm about to step out of the cubicle, after doing my business, when I hear a familiar voice. 

"He says I'm too irresistible."

Opening the door by a crack, I peered and see Im Yoona talking to someone on her phone.  Not that I wanted to eavesdrop.  I'm just really not up to having another face off with her.

"He was so insatiable.  I could hardly keep up. We were at it from morning until late Sunday night. "

Morning? 

Warning lights go off inside my head. 

"Kwon Jiyong rocked my world."  Yoona giggles in a flirty manner. "Hey, I'll call you later.  He's probably waiting for me right now.  We're having..." Pausing to be suggestive "...lunch.  Bye."  She takes out a lipstick from her bag, and glides it over her lips. "Perfect." Narcissistically she praised herself, before walking out.

I only went out of the cubicle when I was sure enough that it's safe enough.  The whole conversation is replaying inside my head, as I wash and dry my hands.  In a slightly dazed state, I went out.  And then I see Yoona sashaying slowly towards the table where Kwon Jiyong sits.  Instead of retracing my steps earlier, I turned around and headed straight to the door.

 

 

 

"Ms. Park."  The receptionist, Mrs. Oh calls out.  "Seunghyun is looking for you.  He says to tell you to head straight in his office."

"Thank you, Mrs. Oh." I replied.  I didn't even realized how I got back.  Work will certainly give me the distraction that I need. 

I knocked at Seunghyun oppa's door.

"Come in."

"Mrs. Oh says, you wanted to see me?"  I asked.

"Sit down, Dara."

I did as I was asked.    Seunghyun oppa stares at me. All of a sudden I feel nervous.

"I thought about this."  Seunghyun oppa begins "You'll be transferred."

 

 


 

while waiting for the next update...do cross your fingers i've enough coconut juice to finish it today

i've posted some old one shots...all three are under HAPPY HEARTS

RABBIT ROBBER, AFTERNOON DELIGHT, and TICKLED

 

 

THOUGHTS AND COMMENTS
are welcome and appreciated

THANK YOU
as always for reading

much <3
CHET 

 

ps 

my very good friend, fellow appler and twin of iznaberry, ENIDGLARE, started posting her awesome works here in AFF.. so do check them all out and give her love..... muaaahhh.... 

 

pps

AFF is acting all weird on me...it's my fifth attempt on posting... 

 

ppps

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the AWESOME DADS in the world!