Custard Cake

Gluttony

It was rather quiet the whole ride. Yoona’s tummy grumbled. It was about 15 minutes after they left CN Blue’s building. Jungshin reached for his bag and took out a custard cake. Yoona’s eyes went wild over the poor food. Jungshin saw her as he backed away his precious cake.

“Hmp. Meanie.” Yoona mumbled under her breath but loud enough for him to hear. Jungshin sighed and took out his other custard.

“Here. You owe me one!” Yoona accepted it without hesitation and opened the wrapper immediately.

“Kamsamnida!” She said with a mouthful. Jonghyun chuckled at such childing act.

“Where are we dropping you?” Yonghwa asked while his eyes are still busy concentrating on the road.

“Sangdodong.” Yoona again, with mouthful answered him.

“Yoongie-ah! Where’s your manners?!” Seohyun turned back and scolded her.

“Sangdodong? Jungshin and I also live there!” Minhyuk said as Seohyun turned to face him.

“Oh chincha??? So we’re neighbors!!” Yonghwa mimicked her high pitched voice which earned glares form his two seatmates. “Is he that annoying??” Seohyun whispered to Minhyuk.

“I’m not sure either. He’s usually nice. Maybe when you get to know him more, he’ll slowly open up to you.”  Minhyuk whispered back.

“I doubt that.”

“Soo… You like food?” Jungshin asked Yoona with an emotionless face.

“Uhuh! I loooooove FOOD!”

“Oh my gosh!! ME too!!” Finally smiling, Jungshin was now talking animatedly with Yoona about his love for food. Jonghyun shook his head while biting his lips, trying not to laugh, while the two passenger at the front are happily discussing about things, the driver was not very pleased. Moments later, due to exhaustion, everyone silenced in sync. All eyelids were heavy except for Jonghyun and Yonghwa.

Yoona’s head was falling sideways, forward and backwards. It was about to land on Jungshin’s shoulder but Jonghyun supported it with his left hand and pressed her head against his shoulder. Why did I do that?! He wanted to push her head so bad, but something about her face stopped him. He looked at her from her forehead, down to her eyes, nose, and lips. Wow, what nice lips she has. Wait. What?? Surprise by his thoughts, he took out his headset from his bag and listened to his ipod.

Meanwhile, Yonghwa was fussing about the heavy traffic when Seohyun and Minhyuk caught his attention. Seohyun’s head was resting on Minhyuk’s shoulder, while Minhyuk’s head is on top of Seohyun’s. TSK. So clingy. He thought. Suddenly, Seohyun’s brow creased, he wants to ignore her, but he doesn’t know why and what’s with her that’s making him feel like wanting to be close to her. UGH! Get a grip man! What?! She’s not even pretty! He tried to focused his eyes on the car in front of him but still can’t help to steal a glance from her face. Her hair was all over her face, he was about to reach out and fix her when she started to blink. He immediately turned away as if nothing happened. She removed her head from Minhyuk carefully, making sure that she will not wake him up. She smiled while looking at his peaceful face.

“Sleeping soundly like a baby.” She murmured.

“Yeah. But you look horrible when you sleep, your mouth was hanging open like crazy! Wipe that drool will yah.” Seohyun’s nose flared and can’t help but to glare at Yonghwa who’s trying to hide his smile. She pretended to yawn and touched her cheeks if there was really saliva flowing from . Yonghwa bursted laughing as he caught her off guard. Seohyun pouted and sighed.

“Why are you so mean?” He became silent and wondered the same thing. Yeah, why am I so mean to her??  

“Why don’t you sleep for a while. The traffic’s bad and we’re barely moving. I don’t think we’ll make it until 11.” He said hoping to change the subject.

“Nah, I’m not sleepy anymore. You know what, you’re weird. You’re like Hot and Cold.” And with that last sentence, she closed her eyes like she’s meditating. Yonghwa looked at her oddly. After a few minutes, the cars finally moved. Finally knowing the cause of traffic, they passed by 2 cars crashed together and police parked at the curb trying to settle the commotion.

“Guys, wake up. I’m afraid I’ll have to drop you here.” Yonghwa checked everyone at the back, making sure they’re awake. Everyone moved and blinked their eyes, except Jongyun. “This street is one way and I can’t afford to take another turn, it’ll cost us 20 minutes to go home.” He continued.

Yoona felt her neck soar. But it felt weird because she’s comfortable. Her eyes were still shut and her senses were still half awake. She breathes the nicest scent she’s ever smelled. She smiled as if she’s dreaming and cuddled the thing that she was leaning on. She suddenly felt someone shaking her, and her eyes shot wide open when she noticed that everyone was staring at her. Reality finally coming on her, realizing that it was Jonghyun whom she’s hugging. She moved back and hit Jungshin’s nose creating an AW sound from both latter. She gathered her things roughly and didn’t bother to apologize to Jungshin. Jonghyun made way for her, worried that she’d hurt herself again. After Minhyuk and Seohyun got out of the van, Jonghyun moved at the front beside Yonghwa.

“Annyeong!! Thank you for the ride home.” Seohyun bowed, so does Yoona who’s still can’t look Jonghyun in the eye.

“No problem, Jungshin-ah, Minhyuk-ah, make sure to bring these 2 ladies home safely.” Jonghyun said before pulling up the window. With the last wave, Yonghwa started his engine and they drove off to the darkness.

“So, where shall we go??” Jungshin ask, still feeling heavy.

“We can walk through here. No worries, we can handle it.” Yoona answered. She doesn’t want her hysterical brothers to see boys taking her home. It would be another riot.

“Are you sure?” Minhyuk asked them. “How about you Seohyun-ah?”

“Oh, don’t worry about me Minhyuk-ah. I’m going to sleep at Yoona’s. You two should go now, It’s getting late.” Seohyun insists that the they must go home by themselves as she knows how Yoona’s brothers will react. The two boys hesitated but agreed. They still waited for the girls to go before they head the opposite way.

The two girls easily found Yoona’s mansion. It was the only house at the area with bright lights. Probably because her brothers were worried sick about her. When they reached the gates, Three angry/worried/ready to scold glares welcomed them.

“Uh-oh. I’m so dead..”