Sticky Cake

Gluttony

 

“Oppa, you can go now, don’t worry about me, I’ll call you when I get hungry. Arraso??” Yoona said to her brother Minho for the 10th time. Today is Saturday and their theater group decided to meet at CN Blue’s practice room since Yonghwa and Jonghyun volunteered for the venue, plus their fellow bandmates, Jungshin, and Minhyuk promised to help with the props. Sunny on the other hand was thrilled of the idea because it was less hectic for everyone. Seohyun decided to meet Yoona so that they could go together. Minho was assigned to bring the girls to the venue. He was the only one left at the house because Leeteuk and Kyuhyun had some errands to do. At first, he was furious when he heard that there would be BOYS included and he was so not pleased. But then again, it was the sake for his sister’s school activity, so he has no choice but to let her go.

“Are you sure you can handle yourself?” Again, for the 11th time, Minho asked his sister.

“Don’t worry Minho oppa, I’ll take care of uri Yoongie.” Seohyun patted Yoona’s head and looked at Miho with assurance. He finally nodded and left them with worried eyes. They waited until his car was nowhere to be seen before they enter the building. It was cold that day but Yoona’s wearing her one and only winter skirt matching a cream turtleneck and brown fluffy boots which made her bestfriend a little suspicious why she looks awesome today, not that it’s a bad thing except she’s not use to her looking so, stunning? When they entered the lobby, their friend Key was waving at them in front of the elevator.

“Annyeong!”

“Annyeong!” They both answered.

“So, what floor is their studio again?” Asked Yoona who looks uncomfortable because of her outfit. Actually, she changed her outfit 8 times this morning, and this was her first. Why? Because she’ll be seeing HIM today. Yes, Jonghyun, LEE JONGHYUN. She just realized that she has a crush on him that’s why she wants to look more lady like when she’ll be seeing him. Seohyun eyed her bestfriend, she knew that something’s not right and she’s about to find out. Key dialed Sunny’s number and waited for someone to answer when the elevator door opened, a guy with an incredible eyes smile appeared.

“Annyeong Haseyo!” He greeted. “Sunny-shi told me to fetch you guys, I’m Kang Minhyuk by the way.” He flashed his dazzling pearly white teeth which made Yoona and Key flinched, while Seohyun smiled back. “Shall we?” He gestured his hands to come inside the elevator. Seohyun was the first to hop in followed by her two confused friends by the way Hyun’s enthusiasm. When they reached their floor, they went straight the narrow hallway and finally stopped in front of a glass panel door. Minhyuk opened the door and welcomed them inside. The studio was quite big for a practice area. There was a big center stage where the instruments were placed, mini kitchen behind with a big dining table, like for conference meetings, and rest area with a big blue sofa. Everyone was gathering at the dining table and the 3 new comers went at a settled sit. Sunny had her laptop with her and the rest were chatting and discussing the story plot. Finally, the petite leader saw Key, Seohyun and Yoona joining them so she greeted them with a nod.

“So, since everyone’s here, I would like to ask for suggestions. The script is not yet ready but the main plot is set because I was thinking of revising it a little. The story might be a little baby and boring for college students don’t you think?” She looked and read every faces of her members and saw that they agree of what she said so she continued. “So, what do you think would be more interesting than to have scripts and dialogues?”

“How about making it a musical?” Suggests Hongki while scribbling notes on his notebook.

“Actually, that’s not such a bad idea! We could ask professor for some extra team. Jungshin and Minhyuk here could join since we don’t have much people to perform this with this much people.” Yonghwa insisting his suggestion which made Sunny’s face lit up.

“Right! We could totally ask Mr. Onew that. I’ll deal with it!” She said with her most cheerful smile.

“Musical?? But I’m not good in singing!” Yoona complained.

“Don’t worry Yoona-shi, we’ll think of something.” Sunny assured her with lifting her thumbs up. “So, everyone shall have groups if that’s okay? Since Hongki here is good at music as I heard, you can work with Yonghwa-shi. Key, Taemin, Krystal and I will work on the plot, scenes and revisions of the story while the others can start working on the props. OKAY!” She stood up and clapped her hands. “Let’s do this!!”

“Seohyun-shi.” Minhyuk sat beside Seohyun and Yoona who’s constantly cutting cardboard into flower shapes.

“Ah, deh Minhyuk-shi?” She greeted him with a warm smile while Yoona bowed, suspicious at her bestfriend’s blushing face and wide smile, so she decided to pretend that her tummy is aching so that she could give them some privacy.

“Ahhh. Apayooo!” She clutched her stomach and acted as if it really hurt. Seohyun faced her and ask worriedly.

“Are you okay??”

“Deh, I think I’m hungry..” Yoona explained.

“You’re always hungry.” Seohyun said disapprovingly.

“I think I’ll go to the kitchen to look for something to eat..”

“Do you want me to go with you?” Seohyun was about to stand up when Yoona stopped her.

“No, it’s okay. Stay with Minhyuk-shi.” She looked at Minhyuk and smiled at him. “Minhyuk-shi, could you stay with my bestfriend for a while??”

“Ah, deh.” He answered shyly. Before Seohyun could complain, Yoona was already gone. Yoona stood at the sink and washed her hands. After a while, she turned to look at Seohyun who’s laughing happily with Minhyuk so she went to the corner without being noticed by anyone. She grabbed a scissor by the table and some board and sat gently on the floor. A little later, she felt her tummy grumbled. Ahh, poof!  She thought. She tried to endure the pain but her stomach can’t seem to cooperate with her.

“You bad tummy! Listen to mommy, I’ll feed you later arraso?? Hang on there!” She said out loud while patting her noisy tummy.

------------

Jonghyun was talking to his friend Jungshin with some random topics about aliens and UFOs when he noticed Yoona alone at the corner of the living room.

“Hyung, can I leave you for like a second? I’m kinda hungry.” Jungshin asked with his monotone voice.

“Sure, take your time. I think I’ll talk to someone.” Jungshin shrugged his shoulders and went straight to the kitchen to grab some food. Jonghyun went to meet Yoona as quiet as possible. He stood behind her and was ready to surprise her when he heard something weird.

“You bad tummy! Listen to mommy! I’ll feed you later arraso?? Hang on there!” She was scolding herself. Cute. He smiled and searched his pockets for those sticky cakes he bought for lunch.

“Here.” He handed two packs to her. She grabbed it without looking who gave it to her.

“Kamsamnida!!” She munched a mouthful happily. As always, Yoona is not herself when she’s hungry. When Jonghyun sat beside her, she finally looked who it was to thank him again when she found him staring at her smiling. Shocked, she unconsciously spitted her food on Jonghyun’s face.

“OMO!! Miyanhae!!” She tried to wipe the scattered food on his face but Jonghyun stopped her. He took out his handkerchief and wipe himself. He chuckled and looked at her again. Yoona was too embarrass to look at him so she shift her eyes on the floor.

“Ottoke?? Pabo Yoona! Pabo!” She mumbled to herself. Again, fascinated, Jonghyun smiled. This girl. He thought.

“Miyanhae Jonghyun-shi, you scared me you know!” She apologized still looking at the floor. He chuckled again and took the scissors she’s holding.

“I’ll do this, while you eat.” He offered.

“Are you sure?” She asked finally looking at him.

“Yes.”

“Okay!” She handed him also the unfinished cardboard scattered on the floor. She looked at him and starts spazzing on her brain. Oh, he’s so.. perfect? Why o why does he have to be so perfect? He’s even nice to me. Am I assuming to much? Oh common Yoona. Focus.. FOCUS! Jonghyun noticed her and stared back.

“Do you want some help with that too?” He pointed at the unfinished food she’s holding.

“No way! I’m still hungry you know.” Yoona again starts munching on the remaining sticky cake and opened the other one.

“So, are you always this grumpy?” He started a conversation.

“Well. Yes, but just when I’m hungry, I guess?” She answered.

“Then I’ll take note of that.” Oh my gosh!!! Is he really gonna take note of that?! Why???? Yoona was smiling foolishly not because she got to eat HIS sticky cake, but HE is actually making conversations with her..