Deubokki.

Gluttony

Gluttony; Chapter 7

“So, what made you take this course?” Jonghyun asked while cutting the edge of the cardboard.

“Well, I don’t know. I guess it’s because I love music.” She answered raising her head slightly to look at him. They finally finished 8 flowers but still continued their work.

“I see, we have one thing in common.”

“Hmm?” she asked.

“We both love music.” He answered while lifting up his work to take a better look at it.

“Oh.” Was all she could say. “Are you always this friendly to girls?” She blurted out unconsciously. Jonghyun chuckled by the way she said it.

“No.” He said. “To be honest, I’m a hard person to get along with but somehow, I really feel comfortable around you. And I kinda like you.” Yoona accidentally cut her finger. She didn’t expect to hear that from him.

“Ow!” she cried. She sipped the blood flowing from her the wound. Jonghyun took her hand anxiously.

“Gwenchana?! You sure love accidents!” he exclaimed. “Let me see your finger.”

“No, it’s okay. It’s just a cut.” Yoona reasoned out.

“Wait here.” Before she could protest, he stood up from his sit and went directly to the kitchen. Yoona touched her left chest and felt her heart beating uncontrollably. Ottoke? Why am I feeling this way?? Does this means, he likes me too? She asked herself. Yoona’s mind was full of questions. Jonghyun came back with an ice pack and a first aid kit.

“You should always be careful. Here, hold this and place it on your finger to lessen the swelling.” He handed her the ice as he open the kit and put some ointment on cotton. He removed the ice from her finger and wiped the medicine, he went closer to dry her finger, Yoona suddenly felt stiff. She could smell his perfume and it made her dizzy. She closed her eyes and looked away. She was about to thank him and bow as Jonghyun was finished pampering her finger as he look up to see her face but his head bumped to her nose. Yoona again whined in pain. Jonghyun scratched his head while she fixed and touch her nose. He was about to reach out to see if she’s okay but she stopped him.

“No. no, I’m fine.” Jonghyun chuckled and continued on cutting.

“Like I said.” He continued. “I like you.” Yoona felt her breathing stopped at that moment. She looked at him. “Yoona-shi. Would you please be my friend?”

Meanwhile..

“Yah, Minhyuk-ah. Hongki needs you there for a while. Go play with him for awhile.” Yonghwa approached his dongsaeng talking to the girl he disliked. Not that he really dislike her, there’s something about her that he doesn’t want to know about. Or maybe he just wants to shake off the feelings he has for her. Wait, what feelings??

“General!” He faced Seohyun with a salute. She rolled her eyes and ignored him.

“Hyung, stop annoying her.” Minhyuk warned him.

“What?” He innocently asked.

“It’s okay minhyuk-ah, go ahead. I’ll be fine here.” Seohyun insisted. He looked at Seohyun with worried eyes but she just nodded to encourage him to go.

“I’ll be right back.” He tapped Yonghwa’s arm and whispered,

“Entertain her for a while hyung, and please be nice!” He looked at Seohyun one last time and went to Hongki whose familiarizing with the guitar. Yonghwa sat beside Seohyun and helped her cut the remaining boards.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Seohyun asked irritated.

“Helping you. Duh? What does it look like I’m doing?” He answered sarcastically.

“I can do it myself, thank you very much.” She tried to grab the scissors and the colored board his holding, but she failed since he has fast reflexes. She pouted and let out a sigh in defeat.

“You know, you really have huge nostrils.” He said as stared at her with a mocking smile. She closed her eyes to calm herself. His smile widen as she did that.

“Will you please stop annoying me?” She finally said in her most steady voice.

“I’m not bothering you. I’m helping you.” He said stubbornly.

“UGH!” She stood up from the floor and picked up the things, Yonghwa also stood up and helped her.

“WHAT. ARE. YOU. DOING?!”

“I’M. HELPING. YOU.”

“Jung Yong~” She stopped when she realized that her face is an inch away from him.

“Please stop being so pretty to me..” He said in his husky voice. Blush was now visible in her face. She tried to swallow, but there was something on . He paused a while before he back away from her. She blink a couple of times before she regain herself. Yonghwa chuckled and left her standing alone. Stupid Jerk, almost made my heart stop. What, my heart almost stopped?!

--------------------------------------------------------

“Hey guys, let’s have a break for a while!” Sunny announced with her high pitched voice.

“You want to be my friend? But you like me?” Confused, Yoona blurted out.

“Oh please don’t misunderstand, I like you to be my friend.” Jonghyun said trying to clear things. Yoona suddenly frowned, but she knew that it’s better to be friends with him than to be nothing. She convinced herself to smile and look at him.

“Then, friends it is!” She offer her hand for a shake, as Jonghyun accepted it with a  toothy grin.

“Now, com’on, let’s eat! I’m starving!!” The handshake turned to dragging. Yoona grabbed Jonghyun’s hand tightly and lead him out of the room.

“I saw a stand of deubboki earlier when Minho Oppa, drove us here earlier.” Still holding hands, Yoona excitedly went near the stall and removed her hands from him.

“Uwah! Smells so good!” Yoona said while her upper lips. Jonghyun stared at her and smiled.

“You’re such an eater.” Before she could say something else, she grabbed a stick and stuff a whole deubokki inside .

“Ow!! Hot!! Hot!!” She exclaimed, her face all red but still continued munching.

“Be careful!” Jonghyun said worriedly. He handed her his handkerchief. She didn’t notice his gesture so he proceed to wipe . Yoona stopped and they stared at each other.

“Ey.” Yoona was first to break the eye contact. “You should eat too.” She took another piece and blew it before feeding him. He accepted it shyly as she began to giggle.

“Are you two a couple?” The lady who owns the stall asked them.

“Anniyo, ajumma, we’re just friends!” Yoona said.

“Arraso, if you say so.” The ajumma said with a warm smile. “Here, eat well young lady.”

“Kamsamnida!” Jonghyun was really surprised how a girl as thin as Yoona can actually eat that much.

“YOOONGGIIIIEE~! Why’d you left me alone inside??! You should’ve asked me to come with you instead of Jonghyun-shi.” Seohyun said suddenly appearing behind them.

“Miyanhae Hyunnie, I was really hungry.”

“Tsk. You eater.” Seohyun said as she pinched Yoona’s nose. “Oh, Jonghyun-shi, why don’t you eat one?”

“Oh, I’m really not hungry.” Yoona smiled and continued eating. After they finish eating, they went back up stairs to finish their work. Sunny, Key, Krystal and Taemin were finalizing the story, Hongki, Yonghwa and the rest of the band harmonized the instruments. As for Seohyun and Yoona, they waited happily for the others to finish.

“Okay! Great job you guys! For our next meeting, we’ll be patching things up and maybe start rehearsals and add some props afterwards. It’s getting late so we better go home.” Everyone stretched their hands up in the air and gave a ‘whoo’ and highfives.

“Yoongie, can I ride home with you?” Seohyun asked Yoona who’s phasing back and forth holding her phone inbetween her left ear.

“Sure Hyunnie, but I think we have to take the bus, oppa is not answering his phone.” She glanced at Seohyun with an annoyed face.

“It’s okay.” Seohyun said smiling.

“Yah! Kim Kibum! Kaja!” Yoona yelled over Key. He went approached them quickly and gave them an apologetic look.

“Sorry girls but I can’t go with you two tonight. I kinda need to take Sunny home.” Both girls looked at him with a knowing look.

“uh-huh. Need or want?? Arraso, take care.” Yoona said and they wave at him as they head to the bus stop. They were 15 meters away from the building when a car stopped beside them. The first window rolled down and it was Minhyuk with his blinding eye smile. Beside him was Yonghwa who obviously looked pissed while holding the steering wheel.

“Seohyun-ah, Yoona-shi, where are you guys heading?” He asked.

“To the bus stop.” Yoona answered.

“It’s late.” The other window was pulled down, and it was Jonghyun. “We’ll take you home.”

“Come on man! You know I-“ Minhyuk covered Yonghwa’s mouth and smiled nervously at the two girls.

“Oh, we don’t want to be a bother, specially to Yonghwa-shi.” Seohyun said. She tilted her head and waved to Yonghwa with a wide smile.

“Tsk. FINE.” Yonghwa said in defeat. Minhyuk clapped happily while Jungshin at the back shook his head. The two girls headed for the back the door, but Jonghyun stopped them.

“Miyanhae, but the back is already full of instruments.” Jonghyun scratched his head. “But there’s still room for one at the second and another one at the front seat.”

“Seohyun-ah! You can sit beside me!!” Minhyuk called out earning another angry groan from the driver. Jonghyun assisted them to their seats. Minhyuk got out of the van and let Seohyun sit in, as for Jungshin at the back pushed himself for Yoona’s comfort.

“KAJA!!!” Minhyuk said enthusiastically as he hopped on the van. The engine started and off they go..

 

Author’s note:

Miyanhae to all my dear readers. It’s been a while and I’ve been really busy at school. Prelims and a dozen of plates to do. TT_TT I hope you enjoy this bunch and I hope you would still continue reading my stories. Enchanted is still in process and I’m really trying hard to update it as soon as possible. Thank you so much and God bless us all. :D