CHAPTER||16

It's Not My Fault !

 

School is over. It’s time for Dance. The best thing about school was having Dance lessons. You just changed into your oversized shirt with dance tights and went back into the dance studio. You spotted Kai chatting with a group of Junior dancers. You smiled at him and he smiled back. Before you walk back to ImByeol, you swear you saw Kai smirking in the corner of your eyes.

 

“Okay! Let’s start. Today, our dance instructor would be coming back from his Europe trip. Freshmen haven’t met him yet, yeah? His Lee Hyukjae, and we all address him by Eunhyuk-sshi.” announced the dance President, Jang EunHyun with the vice president, Shin Junhyuk nodding beside her. Right after she finished her sentence, the Eunhyuk guy walked into the dance studio.

 

“Oh my god. He’s so cute! Look at his gummy smile!” You whispered to ImByeol who was sitting right beside you. She gave you a look without any response. “So hello. I’m Lee Hyukjae! Please call me Eunhyuk! We have no time to waste. Let’s get started. Today, I’ll be watching the freshmen, one by one. Show me your skills. We are having an assessment of pairing up with an opposite gender to choreograph together. I’ll explain this later. Start warming up, freshmen! Others, just go and practice the usual dance routines.”

 

“What? We’re suppose to show him our skills in a few minutes from now? What if I messed up…” You mumbled to yourself before starting to stretch. 20 minutes passed and it was time for that whatever show-our-skills thing. “It’s freestyle if you’re wondering. You can do Ballet, Contemporary, HipHop and Street Jazz. Other than that, N.O.” Eunhyuk-sshi explained.

 

“According to this order, please come up.

Jang JaYeon, Lee Chihoon, Lee ImByeol, Kim HeeChul, Song Sanghee, Moon Jongup, Victoria Song Qian, Shin Donghee, Cho Kyuhyun, Bang BaeYoon.” Junhyuk announced.

(A/N: omg omg Jang JaYeon is my apply fic character :D Super Junior is my favorite group so yeah, Heechul, Shindong and Kyuhyun made an appearance! Shindong’s real name is Shin Donghee^^ My favorite girl of all time, Vic Umma! Oh and my boyfriend made a appearance. Lee Chihoon! YAY. Okay anyways, let’s just pretend they’re all 17 and freshmen!)

 

“I’m the last!” You told ImByeol happily. “Yeah good for you. I’m the third. I’m doing HipHop. You?” ImByeol replied. “I’m doing…Contemporary and Street Jazz mixed!” You replied ot her question eagerly. Contemporary and Street Jazz were your main focus in dance. Also, this is a chance to show your physical strength and also, your techniques.

 

The first girl, Jang JaYeon did Ballet. She was wonderful. You heard that she was in the highest grade of Ballet already. Second was JaYeon’s Ulzzang boyfriend, Lee Chihoon, who did HipHop. Just like his girlfriend, he did great. Next up was ImByeol! You gave her an encouraging smile. She started her HipHop dance and your jaws could have fallen onto the floor. She was amazing. Even though she looks like a Ballerina, she danced like an original HipHop gangster dancer. She had so much confidence. Your confidence dropped by like 50%.

 

After ImByeol’s wonderful performance, Kim Heechul was up. He was a hilarious guy and he did Street Jazz. He wasn’t exactly awesome but more of a comedy dance. Everyone laughed and cheered for him. Song Sanghee did contemporary but wasn’t really great. Jongup was next and as expected, he rocked the whole dance with his awesome hiphop skills.

 

Victoria Song Qian, a Chinese girl did ballet. She was amazing with all those flexibility. Shin Donghee, the chubby boy was next. He surprised everyone with his street Jazz moves. After that was Cho Kyuhyun, the guy who has a crush on Victoria. He did HipHop and he was great.

 

Finally, it was your turn. You started getting nervous and clenched your fists. Jongup notice your fists and cheered for you. Seeing your bestfriend encouraging you, you didn’t want to lose face in front of him nor ImByeol. As the music played, all the confidence you lost came back. Your confidence level boost up to the max. Whenever you perform, you always get this feeling. That feeling is so great and you love it. Soon, your heart took over your legs. You danced to the music perfectly in sync, every little movement you make was amazing. You didn’t need to care about anything now. Who cares you just got almost ? Who cares if Daehyun confessed? Who cares what. Dance make you find your real self. Dance make you calm down. Dance make you forget all your worries.

 

For that short 1 minute of your life, you had no worries, you was just in your own little world. After the song ended, everyone including the non-freshmen and the instructor cheered for you. Coming back to reality, you gave an embarrassing smile and rubbed your nape awkwardly. “Thanks…I guess.” You said and went back to your seat.

 

“Well so, everyone did a wonderful job! So here’s your results.”

 

Jang JaYeon – Ballet – 83.5 / 100

Lee Chihoon – HipHop – 78 /100

Lee ImByeol – HipHop – 88.5 / 100

Kim Heechul – Street Jazz – 74 / 100

Song Sanghee – Contemporary – 69.5 / 100

Moon Jongup – HipHop – 91.5 / 100

Victoria Song Qian – Ballet – 86 / 100

Shin Donghee – Street Jazz – 82 / 100

Cho Kyuhyun – HipHop – 78.5 / 100

Bang BaeYoon – Contemporary & Street Jazz – 96.5 / 100

 

(A/N: I need you guys to know that I’m a dancer for 9 Years, almost 10. So I’m pretty obsessed with it. Everything above 75 is actually a very high score already. Above 91 is like the best score on earth. And above 95, it’s actually like you’re so good like a professional.)

 

Everyone gasped as they saw your results. You squeezed through them and almost fainted seeing the highest score, 96.5 was your score. “I…I…Thank You so much Eunhyuk-sshi!” You shouted, running around and doing a small victory dance.

 

Kai at the corner of the room watched you and sighed. “Even if you’re cute. Sorry.” He mumbled and smirked.\

 

---

 

(A/N: You can skip this part if you don’t wanna read Eunhyuk’s comment on everyone’s dance. I’ll let you know with another A/N when the comments are over. I think the comments about the dance is important since it explains why the scores are given that way.)

 

“So, Jang JaYeon. My dear ballerina with a high score of 83.5! You did a wonderful job. You need to take note of your pointe. Also, you have to steady your attitude. The important thing is also to express through dance. Stop trying to impress everyone. Next, Lee Chihoon. You’ve scored 78 through HipHop. You’ve to be sharper in to movements plus, stop looking at the ground and looked up. Isn’t that a basic? The good thing is that you have the strength in your moves.” EunHyuk-sshi explained. You cringed at how strict he was and also, the way he corrects people was like…scary.

 

“Lee ImByeol, scored an 88.5! Good job. Something to improve on is your facial expressions. What’s with the smirking throughout the whole dance? That full of yourself?” Eunhyuk-sshi said while staring right into ImByeol’s eyes. “Gosh, that was fierce.” You whispered into ImByeol’s ears. She nodded.

 

“Kim Heechul, 74 marks. For my students, I expect a score higher than 75 and you’re below expectation by a mark. Work harder to achieve that. Also, this is not a comedy show. Don’t try to be funny with me.” Eunhyuk-sshi said with a firm and serious tone. Heechul rolled his eyes and nodded.

 

“Song Sanghee. I think you should really improve on your techniques. Your techniques now are all below average. Your overall score of 69.5 is really bad. Work hard and I know you can do it.” Sanghee nodded. She had tears in her eyes. You looked at her and bit your lips, hoping your comments would not be much of an insult like ImByeol’s.

 

“Moon Jongup, high score of 91.5! Nothing much to say. Good job. You just need a few more new moves. You’ve repeated some of the moves for like 3 times. Victoria Song Qian, ballerina. Awesome. I really like how perfect your techniques are and your flexibility surprised me. Anyways, work on your facial expression as well.” Eunhyuk-sshi said.

 

“Shin Donghee and Cho Kyuhyun. I suggest you guys work as buddies because I think your skills would match well. Learn from each other. I won’t let you know what I meant. Find it out yourself.” Eunhyuk-sshi told them and paused, before looking at me with a 100% seriousness in his eyes. You held your breathe. All of a sudden, Eunhyuk-sshi let out a gummy smile. You tilted your head with a confuse frown.

 

“So, the professional score of 96.5, Bang BaeYoon. What should I say? The feel was there, the expression was there, the techniques were there, the strength was there. You totally amazed me. I am amazed and that is rare. I would say I see a whole lot of potential in you. All you need to improve on is Sharpness. I can’t say anything else. The dance was nearly perfect. You are a perfect example of my favorite dance quote, “Dance to Express, Not to Impress”. Well done!” Eunhyuk-sshi said with a smile. You smiled and bowed at him. “Dance to Express, Not to Impress.” You thought of his words and kept that in mind.

 

(A/N: Comments are over~~)

 

“Now, I’ll announce your partners for the assesments!”

 

 


 

 

A/N: 1,581 words. Asdfghjkl455$$#^%t7. Sorry. I’m so obsess with dance that I had to really describe it. Dance is my life mannnn~~~ Oh and I have like 51 subscribers ! *cries* Thank You! The next update will be up soon! Please anticipate how I’m gonna partner them up with! I am aware that ImByeol is so mean. >:) lol

 

Kai is getting suspicious, eh? Hehe. I bet you guys don’t know what I’m gonna make him as. Keep guessing!

@BekahP: HAHAHA nope :D It’s one quarter correct. Hehe. Nice guess!

 

Please keep the comments coming in, alright? I don’t mind if you’re gonna say I’m a dance freak. Lol.

 

Picture below is an Attitude if you're wondering what Attitude I was talking about :D

 

Please check out my SHINee weebly~