The Article

Trip Down Memory Lane

"Bomi! Let's go get ddukbokki!" Eunji calls, pulling her by the arm, " "Naeun! Let's go!" She drags another girl with them and runs to the park. 

"Yah! Eunji! Calm down!" Bomi says, laughing at her friend. 

"This might be the only time we could do this before our debut, Bomi-ah," Eunji says. 

"Did you invite the others, unnie?" Naeun asks. 

Eunji shakes her head, "That would cost too much money to do." the other two laugh and follows Eunji. When they get there, they see a couple leaving the stand, Bomi's gaze follows them, Was that Minhwan oppa? She thinks, watching them walk toward the playground. 

"Unnie," Naeun calls, Bomi looks at her, "What were you looking at?"

"Nothing, I saw a bird," Bomi replies, taking her ddukbokki from Naeun.

"Let's go to the playground!" Eunji says. 

"No~ Manager-nim will get mad, let's go home." Naeun says, dragging Eunji away. Eunji puts her arm out in a "I can reach it" way as she gets dragged away. Bomi glances at the couple once more and then she runs to catch up to her dongsaengs. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Minhwan groans as the phone rings, this must the 500th time today. 

"I swear if it's Hongki hyung asking me for the umpthteenth time to feed Peach, I will throw the phone out the window," Minhwan mumbles, picking up the phone. 

"OPPA!" Yumi says, "did you see the latest celeb news?" 

"Yumi? Aren't you supposed to be in school?"

"Yes? No? Maybe?" 

"Aigoo... Go back to class." 

"No oppa, you need to know this, it's about you." 

"Tell me after school, bye." Minhwan hangs up and gets ready for his schedules. 

"That pabo! This news is going to ruin his life!" Yumi screams in frustration. She huffs and crumples the magazine cover and steps all over it. Her friend screams in shock and grabs the cover. It shows a picture of Yumi and Minhwan with a says "Cutie boy Minhwan isn't as innocent as you think." 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Bomi!" Eunji calls, running into Bomi's room holding a magazine, "looks like your Minhwan oppa is front page news." She throws the magazine at Bomi. Bomi looks at it in shock. 

"I don't believe this," she whispers. She opens the magazine and reads the article aloud. "On Monday, February 28th, FT Island's Choi Minhwan is found walking arm in arm with hgh school student Kikuchi Yumi, her classmates say that they see him accompanies her a lot. Jung Miyoung of class 2B says 'he picks her up everyday and then they're off to god knows where.' Miyoung says that Yumi awaits the bell just so she can see her 'oppa.'" Bomi stares at the picture of Minhwan's smiling face with his arms around the young girl and bursts out into tears. Bomi, you pabo, she thinks, I can't believe you actually thought he would wait for you, pabo, pabo, pabo. Eunji comforts her friend the best she could while she cries. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 

"Minhwan, I told you to be careful," Jonghun says, staring down his maknae. The said maknae stares down at his entwined hainds. 

"Maknae, why do you always make us worry?" Hongki asks.

"What're we going to do tel the press now?" Jaejin asks. Currently, FT Island is having a "family meeting" about the issue with the magazine. Seunghyun hugs the maknae and smiles at him, telling him that he is there for him. 

"I don't know, hyung, I'm sorry," Minhwan says, leaning into the older boy, "I didn't mean for this to happen. Hongki sighs and watches the two young boys. 

"Alright, Jonghun and I will figure this out, you two go to bed," Hongki says. The two boys shuffle to their shared room. Jaejin laughs a little as he watches the maknaes leave. 

"At times like this, I feel like we're a family. Jonghun and Hongki are the appa and umma and those two are the children," Jaejin says. 

"And what does that make you?" Hongki asks. 

"Me? Why, I'm the pet goat." The three older boys laugh. Minhwan rolls into bed and stares at the ceiling. Seunghyun sits and pats his shoulder. 

"It's ok, they'll figure it out," he says to reassure the younger boy.

Minhwan nods, "I know they will." 

"Goodnight Minari," Seunghyun says and turns off the light. He pulls the blanket over himself and falls asleep, a thought goes through his head. Mianhe, Bomi.