Heartbreak

Trip Down Memory Lane

Yumi sits on a swing and waits, playing with the dirt underneath her foot. She smiles to herself, thinking about the jealousy that Miyoung would feel when she finds out that Yumi had gotten the man of her dreams. She hums happily, wishing for time to pass quickly. The clear blue sky shining down at her tells that today is a good day. 

"Yumi..." She hears suddenly, she turns around and Minhwan is standing there. He goes over to the other swing and sits next to her. 

Yumi beams at him, her heart beating fast inside her chest. This is it, my dream is becoming a reality. "Oppa, you came." 

He looks apologetically at her for a moment before saying "Mianhe." She stares at him for a moment, not wanting to believe what she was hearing. 

"What do you mean, oppa?" She asks. Her smile fading away. 

"I... I didn't come here to give you the answer you had hoped for..." he whispers, staring at the ground. She stares at him in shock. 

"O-oppa..." She stutters out after awhile. 

"You've always been like a sister to me, I care for you, I really do, but I just see myself with you, I'm really sorry, Yumi," he says, not looking up at her. Tears start to flow out of her and the muffled sounds of sobs escape from her lips as she cries the contents of her heart out. Occassionally she would wipe her eyes, but the tears just flowing out. Minhwan looks up at the sky when cloud roll by, indicating that rain was coming. He stands up and sets a hands on the sobbing girl's shoulder. She pushes his hand off and continues to cry. 

"I'll see you around, Yumi... I'm sorry..." he says, he walks away. Yumi sits on the swing and cries. Thunder rolls in and it starts to pour. She looks up at the sky and lets the soothing rain wash away her tears. Memories of her meeting with Minhwan flash through her head... 

"K-Konichiwa," he stutters out, looking really nervous, "I'm looking for the hotel near here, I got lost." Yumi smiles at him. 

"Do you know the name of the hotel?" She asks. Umma always told her not to help strangers, but this guy seems totally harmless. Otou-san on the hand, helps everyone he can and she got that from him. The boy shakes his head. She laughs. "You're lucky I know my way around here, come on, I'll show you where it is." 

"Kamsahamnida," he says, he realized what he just said, "I mean, Arigato." 

"Don't worry, I'm half Korean," she says in perfect Korean. He sighs in relief. 

"I'm Minhwan by the way." 

"Yumi." She says just as they reach his hotel. 

"Thanks Yumi, I hope we see each other around," he bows and runs inside. She smiles to herself, I hope so too, Minhwan...

Ever since that day, her feelings for him just kept getting stronger until it was just so hard to handle. Everytime she sees him, her heart squeezes in her chest. By this time, she is drenched by the rain. Maybe I should just end everything...

A/N: So... Drama is starting. ^-^ I'm glad you guys like my story, please keep reading. I love you all. There is nothing that makes me happier than getting good feedback on my stories. My friend says she hate Yumi, how do you feel about her? From now on I will use Juniel's picture as Yumi's because it's easier than finding good pictures of Japanese girls. >.>