He's Mine

Trip Down Memory Lane

"Oppa," Yumi whispers to the bed in the corner where Minhwan lays, sound asleep. Not a budge comes from the boy who has his back towards her. 

"Oppa," she tries again, a little louder this time. When she stil doesn't get a reply, she throws the remote at him. 

"OW!" He says, waking up and rubbing the back of his head. 

"Good morning, oppa," Yumi smiles. 

"Morning," Minhwan smiles. He walks over and sits on the edge of her hospital bed. 

"Oppa..." She says when he takes a seat.

"Ne?" 

"Why did you ask me out all of a sudden?" She asks. Minhwan thinks for a moment before replying. 

"Because I realized that you're important to me," he says. The lie slipped out so naturally that it convinced even him. Yumi blushes and hugs him lightly. 

"Oppa, I'm so happy right now," she whispers. Minhwan smiles sadly, at least you're happy. His heart breaks in two as he stares at the happy girl. Somewhere out there, a girl is crying and hurting because of his decision. Someone he cares about more than he does Yumi, someone he loves. 

"Oppa, don't you have schedules to go to?" She asks. 

"Oh, yes, I do, are you going to be ok without me?" He asks. She nods and smiles. Minhwan kisses her on the cheek and bolts out of the room, almost colliding into a shocked Bomi. She watches as he runs past, not even glancin at her. Walking into Yumi's room, she notices the unmade bed in the corner and her heart shatters into a million pieces. She plasters a smile onto her face and waves to Yumi. 

"Ah, Bomi unnie, you missed him, he just ran out," Yumi says. 

"That's ok, I came to see you, i want to get to know you better," Bomi says, the smile never leaving her face, "let's go for a walk around the hospital." Yumi nods and sits on the side of the bed, Bomi helps her off. Yumi grabs the IV fluid stand and they slowly start to walk out the door. 

"How long have you been here, like in Korea?" Bomi asks.

"A couple of years," Yumi says. 

"How did you meet Minhwan?" 

Yumi laughs to herself, "the babo got lost and couldn't find his hotel."

"Have you ever been in love?" 

"Ne, I'm in love." 

Bomi smiles sadly, "Love is a complicated thing, it takes more than it gives, it's a pain, I wish I wasn't in love." 

"You're in love, unnie?" 

"Ne, with a babo." Yumi nod. They talk for a while longer until a nurse comes and takes Yumi away, even after a whole day with the girl, Bomi still has no idea what kind of person she is. Bomi starts to walk to the busstop when FT Island's van rides up next to her. The window comes down and Hongki sticks his head out. 

"Hey, babe, want a ride?" He askes, winking at her. The twinkle in his eyes tells Bomi that he was kidding. 

"I'm sorry, I don't get into cars with strange men," she says, laughing a little. 

"We're being serious, Bomi, we'll give you a ride home," Hongki says. 

"Plus, it's a hassle riding on the bus," Seunghyun pipes in out of nowhere. 

"Alright, alright, I accept your offer of a ride," Bomi says. Seunghyun opens the door for her and she gets in. Minhwan watches then drive off from behind a tree. He sighs and kicks a rock, she just seemed so unhappy and he never ever wants to see that look on her face ever again. He walks up the room that he has started to dread being in. Just how much more pain must I put myself through? 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"With the fast pace in which you are recovering, I think you can leave in about two weeks. The only thing we worry about is your rib, other then that you had no serious injuries." the doctor says. 

'Thank you, doctor," Yumi bows slightly without hurting herself. He nods and leaves. Yumi feels her broken rib and winces. The painful healing process makes her want to kill herself but she doesn't want to leave her boyfriend in this world alone, where he would forget her. No, she has to live and stay by his side, to remind him who he belongs to. Slowly, she makes her way to the bed. 

"Yumi! What're you doing out of bed? You're going to hurt yourself!" Minhwan quickly comes over to her side and helps her onto the bed. 

"Oppa, you came back," she smiles. 

"I couldn't bear to leave my lovely girlfriend for so long," he says, the lie smoothly flowing from his lips without a moment of hesitation. She gives a little peck and giggles to herself, he stares at her, shock showing all over his face. 

"What? Is it had a for girl to kiss her boyfriend?" She asks, smiling cutely at him. He chuckles lightly. 

"Aniyo, I was just surprised, it was so sudden," he says. Yumi giggles a little before laying down on the bed. She closes her eyes and falls asleep. Once the young girl's sleeping began to slow down, Minhwan set the flowers he had bought on the table next to her and leaves quietly. 

 

A/N: Yo, wassup people? How many of you have abandoned me? Admit it, all of you did. I'm sorry it took soooo sooo sooo freaking long for me to update, really forgive me. T__T I haven't abandoned you guys yet. I've been preparing for my vacation, I'm going out of the country. ^-^ So if you haven't noticed yet, the story has started to wind down, which means it will end soon. I feel really bad for ending it so soon, but, good things always end. Me and my friend are writing another story and I'll be posting it after this one. ^-^ More about this other story later~ i will update soon. I promise! <3