Mianheyo...

Trip Down Memory Lane

Minhwan walks into the rom of the unconcsious girl, he stares at her as the machine next to her beeps, indicating that she was still alive. Her face was so bandaged up that it looks like she has been mummified. He moves the hair stuck to her face aside, the hair slick with drying blood. He sits next to her and holds her hand. 

"This was my fault, wasn't it, Yumi?" He asks he unconscious girl, not a single reply came from her and he didn't expect one. For reasons he didn't understand, he felt he is responsible, he felt like he needed to take care of her and cater to all of her needs. I'm abandoning Bomi yet again, he thinks. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bomi looks out at the audience as everyone waits for that night's winner announcement. She hopes to glimpse him but no such hope got fulfilled. Not even winning could cheer her up. She sighs as they walk back to the room. Feeling something is wrong with her friend, Eunji confronts her. 

"No Minhwan oppa?" She asks. Bomi shakes her head. Disappointment flooding all of her other emotions. Bomi sniffles a little, she rarely ever cires abd that is not going to cahnge now. She smiles as her members walk in. 

"Unnie, we didn't see him," Yookyung frowns. 

'What a jerk, he promised," Hayoung says, glaring at nothing but everything at the same time. A knock comes and someone walks in with a message. 

"Yoon Bomi, someone is here to see you," she says, she bows and leaves. Everyone pushes their way out the door and into the lobby in hopes of seeing the flower bearing prince. What they find instead is an apologetic boy with a letter. 

"Minhwan told me to give you this in person, he says to tell you that he's sorry," FT Island's lead singer says, handing Bomi the letter. Disappointment weighs down her heart even more. 

"Kamsahamnida, sunbae, do you know why he couldn't make it?" Bomi asks Hongki as she takes the letter from him. 

"His friend got in a car accident so he went to see her, my number is here if you ever need anything," Hongki scribbles his number onto the envelope, he bows and then leaves. 

"Unnie, what does the letter say?" Hayoung asks. Bomi opens the envelope and reads the letter. She drops it halfway through and lets the tears fall out. 

Bomi,

Mianhe, jeongmal mianhe. I have said those words so many times now, it seems they mean nothing anymore. But once again, I am saying them to you. I've hurt you so much and I cannot bear to do that any longer. Our relationship will not work out. There are things that I must do, things I owe someone, things that I can't do if I'm with you. I'm a pabo who always hurts people, a pabo who thought that if I kept hoping and wishing, our love that never faltered for five years would work out and I know better now, I will no longer cause you pain. Find another prince, someone who will never leave you or hurt you like I did. I'll never forget you, Yoon Bomi, I'll always love you. Mianhe, Bomi. Annyeong. 

Choi Minhwan

"5 years, I waited, the pabo, I will not give up on you that easily, Choi Minhwan," Bomi says, wiping her tears. She picks up the letter and crumples it up. Tossing it into the garbage, she calls Hongki. She and him are going to have a talk. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Yumi slowly opens her eyes, the beeping noise of the machine greets her. She groans in pain as her head starts to throb. Yumi closes her eyes for a moment and lets the searing pain subside. When she opens them again she notices the sleeping Minhwan holding her hand. She smiles at him but then her head starts hurting again. Minhwan moves in his sleep and then wakes up. 

"Yumi," he says, staring at her sadly. 

"Oppa... what're you doing here?" She asks. Ignoring her question, Minhwan pulls her into his arms and embraces her. 

"Be mine, Yumi," he says, holding her tightly. Her eyes grow wide just as a silent gaso comes from outside the door. Yumi slowly nods her head and hugs him back. The person at the door clutches at her heart as she collaspes onto the floor, sobs escaping her body. Appa, she thinks, it hurts.