I Lie Because You Lie

Trip Down Memory Lane

Recap: 

"Be mine, Yumi," he says, holding her tightly. Her eyes grow wide just as a silent gaso comes from outside the door. Yumi slowly nods her head and hugs him back. The person at the door clutches at her heart as she collaspes onto the floor, sobs escaping her body. Appa, she thinks, it hurts. 

Bomi stares at her tear stained face in the bathroom mirror, she splashes water onto it as tears continue to flow. Bomi isn't a cryer, she rarely ever cries but ever since her reunion with Minhwan, she's cried more than she had in her entire life. She stares at her pathetic looking face and throws more water onto it. Bomi-ah, what happened to you? Why're you getting so worked up over a boy? She dries off her face, slaps a smile onto it and walks out of the bathroom. She picks up the basket that she threw and put the content back into it. She knocks on the door of Minhwan's friend's hospital room. Somene inside says come in and she opens the door. 

"Annyeonghaseyo," Bomi smiles, sticking her head in, pretending that her heart didn't break at the sight of Minhwan holding the young girl's hand. Yumi looks at her in confusion. 

Bomi laughs a little, "I apologize, I should introduce myself. I'm Bomi, I'm a friend of Minhwan's and after hearing from Hongki sunbae that you were in the hospital, I thought I'd drop by, friends stick together afterall." She sets the basket onto the table, hoping that the apples weren't too noticeably bruised. 

Yumi smiles. "I love apples, did Minhwan tell you that? Oh, oppa, you're so thoughtful." Bomi's smile cracks a little but then it comes back. 

"Ani, Hongki sunbae told me actually," Bomi says, she was lying through her teeth, no one said anything about the young girl's love for apples. 

"Ah, I do remember telling him that," she smiles and takes a bite from the apple. The scene from Snow White pops into Bomi's head and she looks away, why would you think of poisoning her? 

"These are sweet," Yumi smiles at Bomi. "Thank you for bring them, I haven't eaten anything since I woke up." 

"I'm glad you like them, well I must be going now, I'll see you around," Bomi bows and rushes out of the room. Yumi smiles and turns to Minhwan to see that he is staring at the closing door. She looks at him quizzically and shrugs. She goes back to looking through what Bomi brought. 

"Wah~ Oppa, look, there's cookies too," Yumi smiles like a little girl and munches on one. "Yum, homemade." Minhwan smiles. Bomi's homemade cookies are the best...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 

Minhwan lies awake, listening to the machine that beeps all night long, telling him that his girlfriend's heart still beats for him. He feels guilty for lying to everyone, but to keep the girl happy it had to be done. He feels guilty for causing her pain, he feels guilty for causing Bomi pain. Bomi, unlike Yumi, is strong and can handle pain. Minhwan feels that if he leaves Yumi she would try to kill herself. In order to keep everyone alive, he had to choose Yumi. He sits up and looks at the girl peacefully asleep, a small smile creeps onto his face, she's like a child, a sweet innocent child. The beeping of her heart monitor soon becomes a soothing sound and Minhwan falls asleep.