Chapter 5 *Dumplings*

X.kuse

 

 

New chapter whiii!!!! XD This one's not all too serious. I figured that was necessary after last chapter.

So yeah, enjoy!!! ^^

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Because the EXO boys were still on their much deserved mini-break, the girls were spending a vast amount of time at the latter’s dorms and today was no exception. Since this would be one of their last free days, DO had decided to make dumpling soup for everybody. Kelly was standing at the counter, watching DO do his thing, telling him about her day and everyone else was seated on the floor around the low table in the living room.

 

Sen was sitting across from Kris, who still had the habit of staring at her. He did seem to try and be a little more subtle about it recently but that didn’t stop Sen from noticing. She hadn’t really talked to Kris all that much after the party. The two of them mostly communicated via texting, which was a much easier way for Sen to talk to the man. Their conversations weren’t extremely deep or anything, but Sen enjoyed them and slowly, she began to see that clearly, Kris wasn’t as cold as he was made out to be.

 

The door suddenly opened and Kai came in carrying drinks for everyone. His face turned to a frown instantly. “Not this again.” He sighed as he looked gloomily towards the noise coming from the bedroom. Suho went to take some of the drinks off of his hands and gave him an apologetic look. “Yeah, they’re at it again.” He said. Kai rolled his eyes and groaned. “Ugh, but do they really have to be this loud?!” Baekhyun burst into laughter.  “A quiet Chanyeol?” he snorted.  “Impossible!”

 

Chanyeol and Riki had been in the bedroom for a good hour now and everyone in the living room was gradually getting sick of it. They were always doing this. Inside the room, Chanyeol was sitting on the floor, smashing his hands skillfully onto the surface of his djembe, shouting out random words. Riki was on one of the beds, strumming her ukulele to Chanyeol’s beat and whilst all of this was going on, Chanyeol’s IPod was blasting some Korean rap song. Both of them appeared to be pretty bad at making up lyrics on the spot so after a while they just started doing adlibs together. Anyone with a pair of ears could hear they sounded pretty terrible but the two of them couldn’t care less. They were just having fun.

 

“Wow, we could really start a band or something!” Chanyeol yelled over all their noise. “Oh my god, yes!” Riki laughed back at him. “Hmmm… what should we call ourselves?” Chanyeol wondered as he slowed his beat down. Riki thought for a moment and cried “Oh I know; how about… Awesome Girl and Monkey Boy?”

 

“What?!” Chanyeol bellowed the moment the words had left Riki’s mouth. “Why am I monkey boy?” He pouted. Riki giggled at the look on his face. “Well, you can’t be awesome girl because that’s me! Also, you look like a monkey.” She smiled innocently.

 

Chanyeol put down his djembe in disbelief. “You can’t just call me a monkey and get away with it, you!” He whined as he threw a stuffed animal in Riki’s direction, which she deflected with her hands. “Stop laughing!” He yelled, whilst cracking up himself. He got up on his knees to shuffle closer towards the bed, armed with two more stuffed animals. “If I’m a monkey…” He said, creeping closer towards the bed, holding up a teddy bear. “you’re a pig!” He shouted as he launched the teddy bear, hitting Riki straight in the face.

 

The girl was not pleased. “Oh no, you did not just call me a pig!” She retorted, mouth agape. She grabbed two pillows and got up towards the end of the bed where Chanyeol was located, with no more ammunition. She began beating him senseless with the two pillows. Chanyeol tried his best to defend himself against the girl’s rage and grabbed one of the pillows, trying to snatch it from between her hands. Riki on the other hand kept smashing the other pillow into Chanyeol’s side as much as she could. The two struggled like this for a while when the bedroom door opened and Suho peeked his head inside.

 

“Hey you guise, could you turn it down in he-” He stopped dead in his tracks as he saw what was going on. After an awkward silence he went on. “Dinner is ready.” He said earnestly and he walked back out shaking his head in confusion.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Oh wow, Kyungsoo! You’ve outdone yourself this time. This is so delicious!” Kelly said as she gulped down a dumpling. DO smiled at her, looking quite pleased with himself. Not everyone seemed to agree with Kelly completely though. “Did you have to put cheese in the dumplings?” Tao grumbled, eyeing his soup suspiciously, poking the dumplings with his chopsticks. “This is not right.”

 

“Don’t whine Tao.” Chen nudged the grumpy boy. “This is the original DO version of the dumpling!” He grinned, taking bite. DO did have a tendency to put cheese in every single one of his dishes and most of the time, that seemed to work out quite nicely. Today as well, he’d managed to pull it off surprisingly well. Within five minutes, everyone, including Tao, was enjoying the soup.

 

Chanyeol apparently had been very hungry, as he was shamelessly stuffing his face with as many dumplings as he could fit into his big mouth, making Riki almost choke on her soup laughing. “What the hell are you trying to accomplish by doing that?” She giggled. After swallowing what seemed like a hundred dumplings at once Chanyeol responded seriously. “I happen to have a big mouth and I prefer to use it properly.” The rest of the table just frowned in confusion at Chanyeol and decided to ignore the weird boy.

 

After a while of eating in silence Riki spoke up randomly. “I bet I can fit more in my mouth.” Chanyeol’s face shot up at once. “Is that a challenge?” He smirked. “Maybe.” Riki smirked back. “I have to warn you though.” Chanyeol said. “I’m quite talented.” Riki gave him a doubtful look before replying. “Bring it on!”

 

Within the next few minutes the both of them had several dumplings stuffed inside their mouths, to DO’s horror. The shocked boy couldn’t believe what they were doing to his perfect dish. One after the other, Riki and Chanyeol put a dumpling in their mouth as the rest of the table watched, some in amusement and some in disgust. Baekhyun, noticeably enjoying the competition, was keeping the score. “Riki’s at six now. Channie, your turn!”

 

Riki looked like she was about to burst but she kept her eyes closed to focus on not spitting the mess in all over the table. Chanyeol grabbed another dumpling between his chopsticks and carefully brought it to his overstuffed mouth. He managed to squeeze it past his lips just barely.

 

“Hey! No chewing!” Kelly yelled from the opposite side of the table, pointing her finger towards Chanyeol. The man with the dumplings in his mouth mumbled some inaudible response before choking on a dumpling and running towards the sink. Seeing this, Riki started cracking up again. She was only just in time to clasp both her hands to to prevent a dumpling catastrophe all over the table and she too, ran for the sink.

 

“I won!” Riki roared as she appeared from the kitchen with a clean mouth a minute later. Chanyeol emerged behind her with a look of discontent. “No fair! Kelly distracted me!” He exclaimed loudly, pointing his finger. “Uhm yeah, because you were cheating.” Kelly added matter of factly. Chanyeol turned to crash on the couch, glaring at Riki, who was doing a victory dance. “One day I’ll get you back for this; you just wait.” He murmured.

 

“Now.” The Riki began, smiling wickedly as she sat down beside Chanyeol. “As for your punishment...” She put her finger towards her bottom lip and thought hard. Chanyeol’s face shot up. “Wait, we never agreed on any kind of punishment.” He retorted. “Oh relax. It won’t be anything bad. Trust me.” Riki nudged him. “But what should it be?”

 

Sen who’d come to sit next to Riki, suddenly put her hand over Riki’s ear and whispered something into it. Riki’s face lit up instantly at whatever it was Sen had just suggested. She grinned and turned to look at Chanyeol. “You, sir, are giving me a piggyback ride to the company tomorrow morning!”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Suho had been against the idea of the piggyback ride at first since he didn’t want fans stumbling upon any of it. But after Riki said they’d leave really, really early and promised that they wouldn’t take any main roads, he gave up the argument and let the girl have her way. Chanyeol wasn’t exactly happy he had to get up early in the morning on his day off for Riki but nevertheless, as the sun was barely coming up, he stood outside the dorm building waiting for her. Said girl quickly came hurrying outside towards him with the rest of the girls following. “Good morning!” She smiled up at him, much brighter than she’d normally be at this hour. “Good morning!” Chanyeol smiled back, patting her head as if she were a child.

 

Since Chanyeol was so tall, Riki had to hop onto some brick plant-holders first for her to be able to get up onto Chanyeol’s back. Once safely seated, she put her arms around his shoulders. As much as she liked Chanyeol, she wasn’t sure whether he was the most trustworthy vehicle to ride.

 

She had had a good point. As soon as they left, Chanyeol began sprinting like a horse. Riki held on for dear life as he zigzagged her through the various narrow streets before coming to a halt abruptly and dropping her onto the ground.

 

“What the hell was that?! And you’re not supposed to drop me already; we’re not even half way there!” Riki cried, still a little startled from the bumpy ride. Chanyeol just laughed as he slowly regained his energy, leaning against the wall. “It’s much more fun this way!” He snickered. “But you can’t expect me to run all the way. You’re a heavy pig, remember.” He joked. “Hey! Stop it you!” Riki whined as she fake slapped him. “Now let me hop back on!”

 

He carried her all the way up to the company side door, going a little slower this time. “There we go!” He grunted as she slid off of his back. “Thank you, mister.” Riki beamed up at him. Chanyeol smirked “You owe me so much for this. I got up at 5:30 today for you!” He said, pointing his finger at her nose. She grabbed his finger. “I know, I know. I’ll buy you ice cream or something one of these days, okay?” She said sweetly. “Oh and you can work on your dumpling skills in the meantime.”

 

The rest of the girls came walking around the corner. “There you are!” Els said. “How fast exactly were you two going?” Chanyeol scratched his head, smiling awkwardly. “Too fast for comfort.” Riki answered, eyeing the tall boy next to her. “Well, I’ve got to go.” Chanyeol said. “I’ve got a whole day to spend however I like. You guise have fun training!” He smiled wickedly and with that, he walked away.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Nothing very exciting happened at the company. Not until dance practice at the end of the day, when their instructor gave them a reason to work extra hard. She’d told all of the dancers that great opportunities would be coming their way very soon and that now was the time to show everything you had. For Riki, this was the opportunity she’d been waiting for. She’d been a dancer all her life. When she was six years old, her parents had signed her up for ballet classes in the hopes that it would make her less hyperactive. Later on, she started trying out other dance styles and she’d found her passion for hip hop. Riki had to be honest with herself. She wasn’t the best singer out there and charisma wasn’t her forte either, as she didn’t have much manners and she was most likely the clumsiest person on the planet. Therefore, this opportunity meant a great deal to her. It was probably the only way she’d ever get noticed in a positive way within the company. At the end of that very tiring but satisfying dance class, the four girls decided to grab something to eat at the cafeteria.

 

“What do you think teacher meant by ‘great opportunity’.” Riki began. Her dreamy mind was already thinking way ahead for what awesome things it could be. “I don’t know.” Els shrugged. “Maybe they’re looking for new back up dancers or something?” Riki nodded.

 

“Ooh! Or maybe they’re already looking for a new group to debut.” Sen added excitedly. Kelly jumped in laughing. “Yeah, I don’t think so. It’s way too early for that. EXO is not even half a year old.” Riki nodded again and continued. “Well, whatever it is, I want to be a part of it.” Sen smiled. “You will be. But I’m not so sure about the rest of us.” She frowned unsurely. “Nah! You guise are fine! There are a lot worse dancers in trainee-town here, seriously.” Riki said, grabbing a bite from her food. “I’m just really excited something might finally be happening.”

 

When the girls went into the lobby afterwards, to their great surprise, they found Baekhyun and Chanyeol walking up to them. “What are you two doing here?” Riki questioned. “Well.” Baekhyun started. “To prevent any more incidents from happening on your way home, I’ve decided to pick you girls up.” Els shook her head at him laughing. “What? Baekhyun, that’s insane.”

 

“Only until our schedule starts again of course.” Baekhyun defended himself. “And you should be thanking me, not questioning my kindness!” He joked. “Well okay, that explains you.” Riki said, turning to Chanyeol, who was awkwardly standing next to Baekhyun. “Why are you here?”

 

Chanyeol smiled. “Well… I thought you might want another ride.” He said simply. Riki couldn’t believe this guy. He’d been complaining about it this morning yet here he was again. She guessed he was just more awake and in the mood to do this kind of stuff at this hour. “Well, I guess I can’t say no to that!” Riki cheered and went over to him. “But don’t go so fast this time. I don’t want to crash and die.” Chanyeol held his hand to his chest and promised.

 

Luckily, Chanyeol kept his promise and didn’t speed on the way home. He did quite the opposite actually. He was going so slow that the two of them were falling behind and soon, they couldn’t even see the others anymore. “Damn it Chanyeol! This is not what I meant by slow.” Riki cursed. Chanyeol just smiled and ignored the girl on his back. Because Riki wanted to be home at a decent hour, she conjured up a plan. With her both hands, she grabbed Chanyeol’s ears. “Giddy up, monkey!” She yelled loudly, startling Chanyeol. “Hey, stop pulling.” He laughed, shaking his head wildly, making him lose his balance. Chanyeol was now walking like a drunk and heading straight for the bushes in someone’s backyard. “Stop!” Riki shouted out but it was too late. Chanyeol dove head first into the bushes with Riki clinging to his back.

 

“Bad monkey.” Riki chuckled as she rubbed her head. “Oh, Chanyeol, are you okay?” She asked when Chanyeol didn’t move right away. Hearing her voice, he slowly raised his head from in between the plants, looking at her with a dazed expression. The next moment, he burst out laughing hysterically, clapping his hands and stomping his feet on the ground. “That was awesome!” He yelled. Seeing Chanyeol crack up like that gave her the giggles as well and soon, they both just couldn’t stop laughing.

 

They must have looked like crack addicts, as they sat in those bushes for minutes laughing like maniacs. Luckily, no one was there to see it. Riki decided she never wanted to ride the Chanyeol-express again after that and walked safely next to the boy for the rest of the trip home. After the short walk back, they came to a halt at the entrance to Riki’s dorm.

 

“So” Chanyeol started. “How was the ride?” He grinned down at her. Riki raised an eyebrow. “Are you kidding me? You almost got us killed you idiot!” She joked. Chanyeol’s face turned to a sad pout. “Well, I tried…” He mumbled softly.

 

Riki broke out into a genuine smile at that and took his wrist. “I know, I’m only kidding.” She said sweetly. “That was super-duper nice of you Chanyeol. You’re a great monkey.” She saw him smiling down at her, which made her blush a little so she averted her gaze to the floor. “Thank you, monkey.” She said quietly.

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes at the silly girl in front of him. He grabbed her and hugged her tightly. “No problem pig.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

That was it! ^^ I just had to write something silly. XD Hope you liked it!!!

K bye now!